Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What type of gods do you want to see in ashes?

NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
As we know, there are going to be ten gods in ashes, and of the ten only seven of them, we can worship. My question to you all is what type of gods do you want to see and what powers/domains would they have?
nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace

Comments

• Options
    sithiksithik Member, Leader of Men, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    Good, evil, neutral and the 4 elements. The other 3 can be like ancient civilizations.
  • Options
    AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would love it if all the gods had an evil or corrupted self
  • Options
    I just hope the gods are so beyond us that right and wrong does not even apply to them
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    I'd like a god that has some resemblance to a dragon.
    Not sure what I want it to be associated with and I could imagine them going in several different directions with it that I'd enjoy. I could see it being associated with traditional domains like Life, Knowledge, and Tempest but if I could choose, I'm playing with the idea of associating it with Destruction. I'm thinking a dark dragon aesthetic. I could see it's devotees getting augments that incorporate destructive black flames as well as it's dark draconic features, like scales and dragon wings.
  • Options
    Someone like Talos (from Skyrim), or like Hercules. More or less a mortal that has been invited into the ranks of divinity, due to his honor among all civilizations across the world. Gives us mortals hope to become something beyond a physical form.
  • Options
    WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    i hope the gods represent different terrains/substances/materials like air desert forest mountain snow etc, and also underrealm or darkness. imagine what lore possibilitys that opens.
    Signature-member.gif?ex=66155d75&is=6602e875&hm=3bfff7a9230240f48915fa417b4dc30b967860cdecfbbdf088f3d3b302a06bdd&
  • Options
    lunarskylunarsky Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'd probably like them to be primarily elementally based but also have some other aspect. For example:

Light/Life or Knowledge
    Darkness/Death
    Water/Life or Navigation
    Fire/Destruction or War
    Wind/???
    Earth/Artisanship

Then have specific gods that created various life forms like the God of Earth created the Dwarves or the Goddess of Wind created all flying creatures.
    signature.png
  • Options
    Elements.... Elements TD...*cough*

Fire
    Water
    Air
    Nature
    Earth
    Light
    Dark

Well, I would kinda get along someone who's moral is more or less neutral... neither sith nor Jedi.

Grey side

Best regards
    Ibarumarky
    - The Dark Wanderer -
  • Options
    MorashtakMorashtak Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    A deity with their own particular... sigh

Idiom, sir?

Idiom!

It would be interesting to see a hands off approach. Something along the lines of;
    • "Those mortals seem to worship you quite often, Diana."
    • "Oh, do they, Apollo? I might have to reward them with a bow or something."
    • "Why? I never see you go hunting anymore."
    • sigh "We'll they don't know that, do they now?" glare
    owuEH4S.png
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2019
    God of Nature and Balance
    God of Death and Air
    God of War and Fire
    God of Arts and Illusions
    God of Healing and Protection
    God of Seafarers and Water
    God of the Deep Depths and Earth
    God of Night and Chaos
    God of Sun and Order
    Godfather (:D)

God can be of course be replaced with goddess.
    I like it, when gods are not always what they seem like. The god of Arts and Illusions could be seen as an extremely beautifull man and could be in truth be really fat, with his beauty being an illusion symbolising the rotten lazyness of aristocrats.
    Or the God of Death could be a really nice dude who brings a peacefull fast death, while the god of nature spreads diseases to bring down the number of humans = bringing balance (because there are too many humans/intelligent races). The sun god could be so obsessed with order that he turned into a despot, who wants to controll the world, while the god of chaos is trying his best to reign his brother in.
    I want some personality for the gods if you know what i mean (there are too many stereotypical gods in my opinion)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    I like to see gods that each of them have its domain, for example, a god that controls the sea and will destroy passing ships if he got angry, another god that rules over fire and volcanoes that will allow his follower to enter secret places in his domain. with the chance for them to be corrupted as part of the lore
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Karthos.

The one true God.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    Have devs opened more how they want these religions affect to players, characters and to the world?

I guess I need to understand better the whole picture before making any suggestions. Really good question and less discussed I presume.
    Do you need a ride to the Underworld?
  • Options
    IroncragIroncrag Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    Well, not elemental gods that's just primitive and meant for lesser tribes that does not know better. I would like the gods to have a specific set of principles and behaviors that they follow. One god may be courageous, intrepid, honest and believe in justice, while another might be a bloodthirsty, vicious, vengeful bastard that believes in violence and power.

The power of the gods would mirror their traits and believes and present themselves in different boons and augments for their followers. The gods would exert their will through their followers and not engage directly with each other.

The gods domain would be connected to where their followers are located and not specific zones, that way several gods can lay claim to the same zone and conflict will arise...
    Depending on the number of followers the god may make it's presence known with a divine aura located around a statue or other object. If a god manages to banish all other gods from a zone (lets face it that is never going to happen, lets say they get like 85% of all the followers in the zone) their presence would permeate through the air itself and increase the effect of boons and augments for it's followers and diminish them for followers of other gods.

Might be hard to implement in the game but i would be cool if they did...
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Please not the standard elemental gods and good/evil ones I would much rather something like The Elder Scrolls does with the gods there.
  • Options
    from what Steven said its going to be like deeps space 9 and that hurt me.
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    burnthefernburnthefern Member, Settler, Alpha One
    I remember Steven answering a question about the gods, and that they would be more along the lines of, The Goddess of Love, rather than the Goddess of the trees or the moon.
  • Options
    I really really hope the gods are not just rehashed old gods and something just for ashes
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Seems the scientific node got some pretty dope stuff. Cant wait to hear about the divine node. It be pretty sweet if players that accrued a bunch of corruption could just confess to a priest and all your corruption would be forgiven with out doing some long quest line... lol.
  • Options
    GemiiChanGemiiChan Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Normally...I want cute things but when it come to the goddesses of the land...I want the fairy or pixie queen to promote fear and have an absolute about her being...something like..
    apipy0qay__35486.1516122397.jpg?c=2&imbypass=on

but for the lesser gods and goddess...I wouldnt mind if they were something along the lines of...
    70a911b5740dc6cfd874e60ace0cd8d0_story-of-evil-evillious-chronicles-image-1340429-zerochan-evil-anime-hair_1284-1200.jpeg
    4Ts5BFf.gif
  • Options
    I think this is a very important part of the lore and Intrepid should put a lot of effort in this part of the game, since there are going to be something as important as a religious node and quest that implies to serve a deity, so, answering your question, in the wiki they have told us about these gods:
    Goddess of Love.
    God/Goddess of Creation.
    Goddess of Fate (Norlan).
    God of Hope (Resna).
    God of Truth (Shol)
    And also they have implied they're kind of an ancient race, like the Xel'naga in Starcraft or "The Old Ones" in some of the Warhammer and Warhammer 40k lore
    I personally think these gods are kind of generic, you know, of course Steven has told us that theres not going to be a lot of information about them because they want us to discover this by playing the game, I personally expect this to change to attach the gods to aspects fo the creation in a more neutral way, like time, knowlege, death (its the most neutral thing in the world), the four elements, etc etc, and that they can be good or evil depending on what aspect of them you worship, fire can be life but also destruction, sea can give resources but also be a remosless predator, death is a punishment or the final rest we need, thing like that, and if you combine all the previous things with the race POV you have the richest lore in the world!!!!

Also P.S.: It will be very good if these entities don't have a male or female apparence, maybe something between or like be represented by animals or other stuff
    Nagash wrote: »
    only seven of them, we can worship

@Nagash I understand that we can actually be able to become part of an evil cult that worships the other three gods, but it would be more dificult for us, and we have to complete some very specific quest to achieve it
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    chickachasechickachase Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What about Gods for emotions- Love, Hate, sadness, Happiness, etc etc
    HSGNewSignatureFormatChickaChaseApril12th2nd_Edition.png?width=1442&height=416
  • Options
    Crom! Everything with steel +1
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Beagles, cocker spaniels, labradoodles, dachshunds. No chihuahuas though.

EDIT: Stupid dyslexia, never mind.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    The god of small animals.
    fNX2ISa.png

• Options
    Gods to walk the earth at times to check up on things and to show their feelings and anger over us poor mortels.
    Could be fun time for the Devs and GMs to get out there and play.
  • Options
    beardobeardo Member, Intrepid Pack
    A Trickster god would be amazing.. I love critical role and Jester (a trickery domain cleric) in season 2 is one of my favorite characters.
  • Options
    KriddonKriddon Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Maybe like a honorable god or knight god that rewards you for killing the corrupted or gankers or helping the innocent etc. I could really get behind a god that rewards me for being a valiant knight.
    72e8df79176b0afd3eb098d5db86b613.jpg
  • Options
    sivannasivanna Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    If we’re going with emotions, can the neutral god just be they god of apathy? For those who just don’t care.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Sivanna wrote: »
    If we’re going with emotions, can the neutral god just be they god of apathy? For those who just don’t care.

The True Neutral God also known as Neutral/Neutral. He is perfection. He... Is... EVERYTHING!
    a6XEiIf.gif