Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What type of gods do you want to see in ashes?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nagash wrote: »
    you do remember when I fought the ENTIRE Skaven under empire to a standstill and still had time to make the black pyramid

You still died in the end :D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 2021
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    daveywavey wrote: »
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    And if we are going to do that then I nominate The Great Horned Rat! Queek!

Pffffffft. I don't need some big horny rat trying to hump my leg whenever I set foot in a temple.

@daveywavey

I invited someone to meet you and he agreed to come in person...... :o:#

GHR.jpg

(please notice the size of the average human in the lower left corner)

*You have something to say to me flea rodent?*

How cute

AoSFFLoN-May24-Art4vk.jpg

Spread those legs, let us all climb into your ... "undercarriage".

It just looks so wrong on so many levels xD
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Why have gods? Can’t we cut out the middleman and worship said object instead?
    Praise the sun 🙌☀️
  • Options
    It would be really neat if the gods had a divinity vs corruption system. For all players pledged to a specific god/religion, their actions would push the bar further toward divine or corrupt. Killing other players outside of sieges, or maybe other "darker" actions, or specific corruption quests could result in a corrupt god and corrupt religious nodes where that god has the greatest following among the other gods.

Would be pretty neat if the aesthetics of religious nodes, vendor offerings, or maybe even divine related skills would change based on how corrupt or divine your pledged god was at a given time. Could possibly create an interesting dynamic where players subdivide within a specific god following into corrupt vs divine factions that compete with each other even though they pledge to the same god. Could open some incredible possibilities for quest lines and NPCs that could support each side as well.

Thoughts?
  • Options
    I'd like to worship the Goddess of Gluten (and her Crumb Cherubs) - glory to her in the rye-est, oh bringer of butter! 🍞
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    Everdark wrote: »
    It would be really neat if the gods had a divinity vs corruption system. For all players pledged to a specific god/religion, their actions would push the bar further toward divine or corrupt. Killing other players outside of sieges, or maybe other "darker" actions, or specific corruption quests could result in a corrupt god and corrupt religious nodes where that god has the greatest following among the other gods.

Would be pretty neat if the aesthetics of religious nodes, vendor offerings, or maybe even divine related skills would change based on how corrupt or divine your pledged god was at a given time. Could possibly create an interesting dynamic where players subdivide within a specific god following into corrupt vs divine factions that compete with each other even though they pledge to the same god. Could open some incredible possibilities for quest lines and NPCs that could support each side as well.

Thoughts?

Ohh this sounds cool!
  • Options
    AsraielAsraiel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    for me sonething like:
    God of Darkness, God of the Underworld, God of Knowledge, God of Blacksmithing, God of Fertility, God of Trees and Forests, God of the Sun, God of Revenge, God of Light and Order, God of Covenants, God of Music, God of Learning, God of War

something like that shure those are more than 10 and they're gods withing the anime "Gate"
  • Options
    you do remember when I fought the ENTIRE Skaven under empire to a standstill and still had time to make the black pyramid

that's nothing, gotrek fought an endless tide of deamons for thousands of years until the warp had enough of him and spat him out :P
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Clearly the gods will be able to resurrect, as they have this thread.
  • Options
    CambiguousCambiguous Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    There are no otter gods...
    https://gfycat.com/@Cambiguous
    Someone you otter know.
  • Options
    At the very least I would love to see one of the corrupted and one of the 7 gods to be dragons, kind of a metallic vs chromatic deal but instead its corrupted vs purity. This would explain the reptilian tulnar and why we are also killing dragons and riding dragons.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    KesarakkKesarakk Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    No matter what type of gods, personalities or otherwise, I hope Intrepid stays away from player ascension. Meaning, I don't want to have to fight any of the gods. They should remain out of the fight and if they should fight, then with lore characters of similar strength (other gods, ancients, void-creatures, etc.). Nothing gets under my skin more than players interacting with gods that are meant to be omnipotent and are killed in a raid because you swing your sword often enough.
  • Options
    EnvoyEnvoy Member
    God of War >:)
    roma invicta
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I want to see a god in pixels. Not just lore but a fight against a god like grim grey god in Age of Conan.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    Gods that consider life and entropy to be the opposing forces instead of good and evil.
  • Options
    InixiaInixia Member
    I'd like to worship the Goddess of Gluten (and her Crumb Cherubs) - glory to her in the rye-est, oh bringer of butter! 🍞

haha wait, so does this mean you worship seitan?
  • Options
    ThexBlackxKnightThexBlackxKnight Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    God of Tyranny , Lawful Evil
  • Options
    InixiaInixia Member
    well i do like nature gods they are usually pretty thematic for my characters usually

but for my evil side I really think disease/pestilence gods are fun, and they usually give you some sick(ha) increases to debuffs, dots, or cc.
    (on the lighter side dream deities give you some of those mindgames too and their realms usually are pretty trippy)

Sheogorath, daedric prince of madness, from elder scrolls, has to be one of the funnest gods in a game. Can't go wrong with insanity.
  • Options
    TacualeonTacualeon Member
    edited May 2021
    I like gods of strategy and war.
    Mars and Athena are my favorites.
    I'm playing empyrean, I hope we get something inspired by Mars or Minnerva.
    15f2bb21ccaa24536d274d51a7c5b53f.jpg

Budist god Bishamonten is pretty cool too, but that's a totally different aesthetic.
    I also like Apolo and Sol invictus. Ashes has the God of Truth (Shol)
    I connect some dots. 1 dollar Shol is a Mitra/Helios/Apolo/Sol Invictus light/fire inspired god. Praise the Shol yo!
  • Options
    We need lesser gods too...
    Lesser gods affiliated with each main god.

These gods and lesser gods should be available in each nod for selection, both by individual players and by the nod's leadership, as main religion with sub elements by the lesser gods.

Each nod should have influence stats depending on the amount of followers for each god, creating influence zones for each god.

A deity/divinity stat which can increase through contribution by quests to these gods, both for nods and players.
    Quests should include acts against or for another god's interests, creating hostility and alliances between gods.
    Depending on nod stats available blessings during sieges or curses, and blessings irrelevant to sieges.
    Depending on player stats available unlockable blessings or even curses when in a hostile gods territory, or irrelevant to territory blessings.

The ability for players to rise in church ranks.

The end goal being extra content in which players can engage in religious trade and war competing for their religion's dominance, as a main objective for them.