Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What type of gods do you want to see in ashes?

Comments

• Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    azathoth wrote: »
    I would like a god of chaos. One that encourages others to break traditions, embodies entropy, and results in worshipers slowly going insane (as the augment progress).

There is a non-zero chance of this happening c: I'd love a god of chaos too, make it an entity that concerns itself little with mortal affairs too.
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Suddenly I want a succubus to be a tulnar option....
  • Options
    qurionqurion Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Selfish ones. Vain ones. Loving, hateful, scheming... there is SO much more to a god than just what it represents. I'd rather take a conniving god of hurtful remarks than a bland and boring god of lightning.
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    I'd love to see soooo manyyy~!!! n.n you could get awesome buffs from them and ugh! Yus! also HECC YUS @autumnleaf
    Poko.png
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    qurion wrote: »
    Selfish ones. Vain ones. Loving, hateful, scheming... there is SO much more to a god than just what it represents. I'd rather take a conniving god of hurtful remarks than a bland and boring god of lightning.

someone with taste I see ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Me
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I'd rather not see any gods. Just the temples and followers and keep the gods out of it, on their own planes. Because as soon as you have gods they just eventually turn into raid fodder even if the lore doesn't really support it.

At most maybe heralds or avatars for gods as extra-planar beings that do the god or goddesses bidding and are their representatives on Verra.
  • Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would like gods/goddesses for seasons, Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter. This could play well with the seasonal changes in game.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    I'd rather not see any gods. Just the temples and followers and keep the gods out of it, on their own planes. Because as soon as you have gods they just eventually turn into raid fodder even if the lore doesn't really support it.

At most maybe heralds or avatars for gods as extra-planar beings that do the god or goddesses bidding and are their representatives on Verra.

I meant gods in general
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    noemadnoemad Member
    Karthos wrote: »
    Karthos.

The one true God.

Oh mighty Karthos we, thy humble servants, beseech thee. Bestow thine divine blessings upon us so that our drinking horns are never empty, our pizza is always hot and ready, our swords are ever sharp and our dice always roll a natural 20!!

Make it so Lord, make it so!

:p
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Nagash wrote: »
    I meant gods in general

Fair enough. In that case I'd like complex characters that reflect how people would actually see their gods with like and dislikes, virtues and vices. The idea that gods were God of X and God of Y from most school yard mythology is a really poor understanding of the cultures that worshiped them and how they were seen as more complete individuals.

I want something a bit more than just archetypical god of death, god of rebirth, ect. Sure you can have a deity that is all about death, but give them other interests as well. Give them things they don't like and personalities, from a lore perspective. Have the cultures that worship them have weird tales about them that have nothing to do with their standard "god of..." role.

For example, while most people know Aphroditie as a goddess of love she is also a keeper of graveyards and will destroy someone for desecrating the dead and offerings to her included growing rooftop gardens and then letting them wilt and die.

• Options
    OrcLuckOrcLuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I think I would enjoy a god like Crom, one that fills the slot, but doesn't really do anything.

I would love a god of the forge.
  • Options
    PlateauPlateau Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2023
    Mega troll frmr1cq9w89im2.jpg
  • Options
    Excuse me I've been intent on finishing a bottle of rye so I can start fresh on wine tomorrow.

Let every God be a dev or someone in the hierarchy of the game that chooses their minions or servants on a whim. Steven Sharif wants to be the God of a certain race, class, and citizen of a particular region and they benefit from his godhood. Jeffrey Bard decides to support the opposite of Steven, then their patronage might have a problem with each other, but resolve their differences to combat the greater evil or good posed by Margaret Krohn.

Yes, I'm watching the builder video from the developer diary on YouTube.
  • Options
    WizardTimWizardTim Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    God's that don't really care.

If ants built a stick henge, you'd be interested in what they did and said for a time... But you'd get bored eventually and go find grandpa's magnifying glass.

Otherwise I'd want truly unique gods. Maybe give them dual faces/personalities and model them after the seven deadly sins/seven virtues.

Chastity/Lust
    Temperance/Gluttony
    Charity/Greed
    Diligence/Sloth
    Patience/Wrath
    Kindness/Envy
    Humility/Pride

You can worship any of the seven how you interpret them, but the interpretation should be up for debate. I wouldn't make it quite so obvious, just give each God a name and a vague description that kinda hints at both sides of the coin.
  • Options
    I would love the idea of a god of deals but in a different sense of how we usually see them. Typically we see some form of the Monkey Paw or genie affect where someone makes a deal and they get it but not the way they want and end up hating their wish. I would like to see a god who is upfront on the price of their deals, but also grants the wish as is. For example someone wishes for goof fortune, the god would respond this fortune would come at the cost of someone else's life and then the person taking the deal would have to live with the fact that murdered someone. Probably to deep for a game but hey it would be something new.
  • Options
    wolfwood82 wrote: »
    God's that don't really care.

If ants built a stick henge, you'd be interested in what they did and said for a time... But you'd get bored eventually and go find grandpa's magnifying glass.

Otherwise I'd want truly unique gods. Maybe give them dual faces/personalities and model them after the seven deadly sins/seven virtues.

Chastity/Lust
    Temperance/Gluttony
    Charity/Greed
    Diligence/Sloth
    Patience/Wrath
    Kindness/Envy
    Humility/Pride

You can worship any of the seven how you interpret them, but the interpretation should be up for debate. I wouldn't make it quite so obvious, just give each God a name and a vague description that kinda hints at both sides of the coin.

I can see something like that in ashes to be honest
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I just noticed something:

"One of the aspects of the Lore behind the Tulnar was that in the pantheon of gods that exist- having foretold the future through the Goddess of Fate to the Goddess of Creation- these areas in the Underrealm were created in to allow for refuge for which the gods knew would be left behind that couldn't make it to Sanctus. So that was a pre-thought there in the creation of the Underrealm to facilitate that realm where refugees could seek"

THE TULNAR ARE THE CHOSEN ONES!

And they already gave us a ton of gods btw xD

"Early in the creation of the Universe the pantheon of gods was split. Some gods influence the corrupt side of beings that exist in the Universe. It is possible through questing and player decision to join or worship those gods.

It is possible for some storylines to relate to a darker/evil path, if a character should choose.
    The gods in Ashes of Creation represent different aspects of the Universe, and feelings as well.

Goddess of Love.
    God/Goddess of Creation.
    Goddess of Fate (Norlan).
    God of Hope (Resna).
    God of Truth (Shol)."

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Religions
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    RokoRoko Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    giphy.gif

I want killable gods
    2PXdm1m
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Santy182 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

I want killable gods
    giphy.gif?cid=790b76115ccf403c426a3452458768e8&rid=giphy.gif
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    caedwyncaedwyn Member
    i would like the option + buff for the heretics .. XD
    but since there isnt any benefit to being a godless heretic XD i just pick whatever i can tolerate which is the elven god of truth
  • Options
    An interesting element would be some mysterious god, an observer carrying a deep philosophical message. A very well-written character.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5121036
  • Options
    AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    A roaming god that appears like a bum that gives random, easy to accomplish, but meaningless and time consuming quests. Then if you were to do a certain number of their quests they show themselves to you and give you a rank in their church/temple.
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2019
    I want a god like Sheogorath from Elder Scrolls. Totally insane god of chaos. He tasks you with killing a monster with a dinner fork or tricking people into thinking the apocalypse is happening.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    atama wrote: »
    I want a god like Sheogorath from Elder Scrolls. Totally insane god of chaos. He tasks you with killing a monster with a dinner fork or tricking people into thinking the apocalypse is happening.

Oh my god, it would be awesome if there was a joke quest in the divine nodes, where you had to disguise yourself and go to another major node, telling them that the end is near xD
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    caedwyncaedwyn Member
    azathoth wrote: »
    A roaming god that appears like a bum that gives random, easy to accomplish, but meaningless and time consuming quests. Then if you were to do a certain number of their quests they show themselves to you and give you a rank in their church/temple.

the bum god!
    god of laziness and stupidity?
    his unique skill would be : cardboard camouflage
    XD
  • Options
    caedwyncaedwyn Member

he was one of the gods i hated
    he was absolutely unworthy to be called a god
    a god must be worthy if amazing and godlike players want to worship them
  • Options
    caedwyncaedwyn Member
    Damokles wrote: »

Oh my god, it would be awesome if there was a joke quest in the divine nodes, where you had to disguise yourself and go to another major node, telling them that the end is near xD

but then why would they believe you?
    and if they do , what would they do ?
    its like : ok bring it!
    then they just do whatever they always do xD
    and you feel stupid for wasting your time xD
  • Options
    spartanspartan Member
    I would like to see a priest that has max faith by doing quest praying converting people get an ability that they can use when they have max faith with a long cooldown like an hour or a day. That can can cause battle changing moment. Like a mass resurrection, a prayer that brings dragons to attack a siege for like 3 minutes, a prayer that can light a raids weapons on Fire for 3 min. For extra dot dmg, a prayer that can change the weather, a prayer that can cloak you for 3 min., A prayer that can make animals spawn and attack or heal for 3 min. The people with the most faith should have the most blessings. And the gods should have levels of how strong blessings can be depending on how many people belong to that faith.
  • Options
    AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    caedwyn wrote: »

the bum god!
    god of laziness and stupidity?
    his unique skill would be : cardboard camouflage
    XD

Well, he would dress like a bum to test your willingness to help others complete things you would see as meaningless. When you accomplished a certain amount of quest, he would show you his form as a god and give you the first rank in his Church/Temple's path.

But yeah, I suppose if you also would like a god of laziness and stupidity that would be fine too. Camouflage and all.
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin