Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What type of gods do you want to see in ashes?

Comments

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »
    Sivanna wrote: »
    If we’re going with emotions, can the neutral god just be they god of apathy? For those who just don’t care.

The True Neutral God also known as Neutral/Neutral. He is perfection. He... Is... EVERYTHING!

A true Neutral god would be interesting to see
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    LexLex Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Of course there will be @Nagash god of the undead... right :smile:
    the_lich_by_chaoyuanxu_d4fsm1y-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTA2NyIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzc1ODgyYjUwLWMyMWMtNGIxNy04ZjViLTdhNzI4OTRkMWRhOFwvZDRmc20xeS00NTJmM2VkOC00ZjQ2LTRiYmEtYjBkMy02YjkxMjQwMzg0NDcuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTgwMCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.6hl2hJMA3cdpVnZiKmOWFn6QpKffWx8d_t0TNhTolTg
    fe85sq6n7wyu.png
  • Options
    Lexmax wrote: »
    the_lich_by_chaoyuanxu_d4fsm1y-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTA2NyIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzc1ODgyYjUwLWMyMWMtNGIxNy04ZjViLTdhNzI4OTRkMWRhOFwvZDRmc20xeS00NTJmM2VkOC00ZjQ2LTRiYmEtYjBkMy02YjkxMjQwMzg0NDcuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTgwMCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.6hl2hJMA3cdpVnZiKmOWFn6QpKffWx8d_t0TNhTolTg

I wish but that is a dream at this point
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    God of dead would actually make sense, because that is quite standard in many folklore. Someone needs to take care of dead people's souls/spirits in the underworld.
    Do you need a ride to the Underworld?
  • Options
    Sivanna wrote: »
    If we’re going with emotions, can the neutral god just be they god of apathy? For those who just don’t care.

I would love to see true neutral god. I would say it does not need to be only for those who do not care, it can be also about balance and freedom of choise to do what ever you want.
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »
    I really really hope the gods are not just rehashed old gods and something just for ashes

Gods in a fantasy world are a huge part of the lore, they just cant skimp cheap out on this one c:
  • Options
    Autumnleaf wrote: »
    I really really hope the gods are not just rehashed old gods and something just for ashes

Gods in a fantasy world are a huge part of the lore, they just cant skimp cheap out on this one c:

Thats my hope but steven does seem like a holy knight type of guy so I have to hope
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options

Thats my hope but steven does seem like a holy knight type of guy so I have to hope

I hope he does not just dump his preference on this exclusively, if the whole world is sunshine and rainbows, especially a fantasy world with multiple gods and races then it feels like a self-serving fantasy.
  • Options

I hope he does not just dump his preference on this exclusively, if the whole world is sunshine and rainbows, especially a fantasy world with multiple gods and races then it feels like a self-serving fantasy.

yeah.

if you are reading this steven I need some grimdark in ashes!
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options

yeah.

if you are reading this steven I need some grimdark in ashes!

Down right brutallity let's hope. Nothing better than depriving the masses of hope only for a spark of light to appear...for it to be killed later but that's a different story c:
  • Options
    I just hope the gods are so beyond us that right and wrong does not even apply to them

It's not our place to judge Gods action. So, right or wrong does not apply to them in.
    wasikovee
  • Options
    IbarumarkyIbarumarky Member
    edited April 2019
    It would be funny if a divine node has a twist.... you can build one huge altar for one god and lesser ones for the others...or option 2... hail to a new god... creating a new faith, a new god... It would be funny... declare @Nagash to be the god of death, raising him up to the plane of GMs and the holy Sandal Order of Steven 🤪

Side effect! Any other of the standard gods will be enraged and try to destroy the whole city... so many npc and monster will attack the city! Defend th3 city and the altar for long enough to complete the rite and let the new god raise up, equal to the others, stopping the attacks

Just a funny idea

Best regards
    Ibarumarky
    - The Dark Wanderer -
  • Options

Agreed. It is important to have different kind of gods and religions from evil to good and everything between those two extremes. It is not actually so black and white either and you can be good and evil different ways. You can be good towards other people or for nature for example.

Because demons will be a thing, it would make sense to have a demonic god who wants chaos and destruction. We could consider that as a pure evil. It is also easy to build lore around this and create demonology based factions/cults around the theme.

If we want different kind of evilness, there could be god who favors greed, missery and despair. This can be option e.g. for criminals who likes to steal, cheat, betray or collect wealth in suspisious ways.
  • Options
    timbatimba Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Well i would like to have a god of architecture :smile: and aesthetics
  • Options
    timba wrote: »
    Well i would like to have a god of architecture :smile: and aesthetics

So like Vulcan a God of crafting and building
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Ibarumarky wrote: »
    It would be funny if a divine node has a twist....you can build one huge altar for one god and lesser ones for the others...or option 2... hail to a new god...

Uff Id like to see a twist like that.

But as for the main question what kind of god I want to see, of course a god connected to crafting, id imagine something like Ornn from League of Legends or some kind of luck god from japanese mythology like Daikoku.

Just a chubby boy that helps me win over the crafting world.

Grüße
    MattTheMom
    dmkw
  • Options
    sivannasivanna Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    Ferryman wrote: »
    I would love to see true neutral god. I would say it does not need to be only for those who do not care, it can be also about balance and freedom of choise to do what ever you want.

I was sortta teasing when I said the last part. But I do agree that a Freewill god could be interesting.

Maybe a god of Redemption. You know, For Long time corrupted players who want to change their ways. But the penalty for gaining too much corruption again while following this god could be something drastic and the god will forsake you or smite you!
  • Options
    Alpha SoulAlpha Soul Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would love to see a God of Time

Most games don't have this aspect, but I do love Gods that lie outside of the standard elements etc.
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    Good question~!!! ^-^ I'd love to see a god of headpats o.o
    Poko.png
  • Options

No... a general god or goddess for pleasure and amusement
  • Options

Just keep it away from the elves
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options

Group parties! Your elven groupies awaits you 🐴

Well, we will more informations soon, I hope

Best regards
    Ibarumarky
    - The Dark Wanderer -
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

Dont worry, that is already the god of the hippie dwarvs.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    GemiiChanGemiiChan Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

I mean you could always drop 10K and have it be so! :O
    4Ts5BFf.gif
  • Options

Everyone knows that Elves are meant to be associated with a god of love and pleasure, especially the rare big breasted elfs :joy:
  • Options
    gemiichan wrote: »

I mean you could always drop 10K and have it be so! :O

even then I would not be so sure ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would like a god of chaos. One that encourages others to break traditions, embodies entropy, and results in worshipers slowly going insane (as the augment progress).
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • Options
    azathoth wrote: »
    I would like a god of chaos. One that encourages others to break traditions, embodies entropy, and results in worshipers slowly going insane (as the augment progress).

That sounds familiar
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    God / Goddess of Lust
  • Options
    Why do I feel she who thirsts is going to be a problem in ashes
    nJ0vUSm.gif