Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Discussion; secondary class doesn't matter.

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Dygz wrote: »
    I think you already know I what I think about your prowess with logic.

Indeed, people that have no grasp of a concept often dont understand people that do.

Also, if you are going to say things like
    Dygz wrote: »
    But the sentence of mine you just quoted is in response to Neurath saying that I'm quoting Jeffrey's designs.
    Then you really need to start learning how the quote function works. The rest of us are not mind readers, and so unless you quote the specific part of a post you are commenting on, literally none of us know what you are talking about.

If you need help with that, just ask.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    PvP Force Combat Upgrade for Tab Action Combat:

Tab/mouse pointer target selection.

'Damage source player foe' will switch Tab target to pvp mode.

The flagging system remains intact.

Corrupted players in target zones will be struck automatically.

Aoe will affect all targets once flagged.

Mouse pointer selection also offers other modes like trade etc.

Thank you for the support,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Clarification:

Target selection in pvp is the confirmation of pvp intent. Once target is acquired, you can initiate a skill to flag.

I've tried to streamline the systems and provide ease of use.

Much love,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Neurath wrote: »
    Clarification:

Target selection in pvp is the confirmation of pvp intent. Once target is acquired, you can initiate a skill to flag.

I've tried to streamline the systems and provide ease of use.

Much love,
    Neurath.

In the case of abilities like Hallowed Ground, currently, placing a Hallowed Ground on a neutral target may have no effect, or it may heal them.

In the situation where Hallowed Ground was placed on a neutral, and then an attack skill initiated, does the Hallowed Ground itself change to 'hostile', or does it continue to be healing, i.e. are the targets of Hallowed Ground set in this way relative to PvP intent?
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    There will be no totems in my combat builds. I would go so far to state there won't be many ground abilities (ranger traps and some others of course).

A skill will not change from health to damage without an augment or necromancers. I am still building necromancer so the concept might change.

In terms of healer counters it will be necromancer and fighter.

Thank you,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2022
    Hallowed Ground is not a totem. Hallowed Ground is a Cleric AoE Active Skill.
    Hallowed Ground, with no augments applied, heals allies and damages enemies.
  • Options
    Once more you reference a skill under combat revamp. In terms of individual skills, individual restrictions and wavers will apply.

All of my AoEs damage and heal. Once more you ignore my references and waste everyone's time.

You do not flag in pve. Your pet can't flag you for pvp. All of your skills are neutral until you flag for active combat.

You can use abilities without a target selected in Tab Action Combat. If you do not want to flag, do not target a player in active combat.

Cheers,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    LMAO
    One post cannot waste time in the forums.
    What you seem to mean is you don't want people to distract you from your focused theorycrafting.

• Options
    Yes, I do indeed need the time to create the unique ideas. I do try to apply all of my skills. I believe the devs have always wanted to be unique. They just seem to like static skills, pauses, quick time events and graphical effects until we give feedback.

I chose ue5 due to the prognosis. The scope and power is potent. I did not want the devs to waste the potential.

Hard-core gameplay should be difficult.

Blocking grinding, loot and alt toon cooperation is not hard-core, it is mean.

One does not have to be mean to create fulfilling challenges.

Thank you for the opportunities,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    For example:

Demonic Shaman in my mind has blood effects around them, rather than billions of blood particle effects all over foes:

xc0xe8h2j7fa.jpg

The effects can be very grand but are rather localised. In an ideal world, ue5 will let my combat devs achieve 500vs500 with cosmetic skins and pets attached. I make no promises but I believe UE5 can take the ideation.

I do enjoy theory crafting, thank you Dygz.
    Neurath.

P.s. some skills will indeed spread particles lol.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Heres an example of blood effects for Demonic Shaman and also a possible reference for augmented Orbs. Blood effects will vary dependant on race.

6ohnq7to9j9l.jpg
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    Your shaman would be a hit at birthday parties. :D
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    I'd try and wait to reveal the Shamans until I can reveal a Tulnar Demonic Shaman ;)
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Engine update request:

Caravan system upgrade:

Defence success gives 10 minute Travel Buff which prevents further attacks.

God of War Buff gives attackers 30 minutes to succeed. Failure results in death and dispatch to preset spawn.

Caravan radius will be 500 meters: players entering the aoe zone can choose to attack or defend. A beautiful pop up menu. Do not have to select Caravan for popup.

Caravan will change possession throughout combat. At 30 minute marker whoever holds the caravan gains the Caravan. 100% Caravan load goes to new owners.

Previous owners can rally and attempt to retake Caravan.

Caravan structural losses will be repaid after a loss. Goods lost will not be replaced.

All the best,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Clarification:

Pop up should have 3 options: Attack, Defend or Ignore.

Cheers,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Buff updates:

Travel Buff is now 30 minute window after successful defence.

God of War Buff will be replaced by God of Retribution Buff.

God of War Buff: 15 minute duration.

God of Retribution Buff:
    Retake your possessions and invoke death and dispatch to your foes. Failure sees you destroyed and dispatched. (15 minute duration).

Thanks again,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Pop up addition:

Ignore All Toggle.

All is fair in love and war,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Pop up additions:

Two more Ignore toggles:

Ignore (1 hour)
    Ignore (24 hours)

The popup should look balanced and beautiful with 3 options and 3 toggles.

Thank you for your dedication,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Restriction:

Caravans can't be attacked inside nodes.

I see caravans as pvp beacons and also vital economic fuel. Perfect war fodder. However, Guild Wars might interfere with the streets and I don't want Caravan Raids to coincide with Guild Wars in limited areas.

Adios amigos,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Um. The entire world is Nodes.
    I think you mean something neighborhoods?
  • Options
    Nodes are a pre-set location, wrapped in a zone of influence, in our world that can form into towns of different sizes. These sizes range from a small camp to a sprawling metropolis. The size of the towns depends on the contribution by players and how far they’ve advanced the Node. Players do not create the footprint of a Node, but within that footprint they do have the ability to own land. Players who are part of the government for a specific Node will have the ability to modify building types and services further, but for the most part, a Node will grow along its own specific path (think about this more as NPCs building these towns out, rather than PCs individually putting buildings and walls up). A Node’s contribution area is larger than the actual town itself, allowing for players to adventure while building upon the town. We call the contribution area the Node’s “Zone of Influence,” and it’s the area where players help to advance the Node they are in.[2]

I said nodes because I didn't want to write village, town, city, metropolis but again you make me do excess work which is not required of me.

Clarification:
    Caravans can be attacked in the contribution areas too.

Thanks,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Engine upgrade:

Tab Action Combat Upgrade:

PvP Event Parameters: Tab Action Combat changes automatic target selections to pvp mode. Neutralities are ended for pvp event duration. The same applies once a player is in active combat stance.

Both pvp and pve targets will be struck in active combat stance. In neutral stance, only you, pve and allies will be affected.

Tab Auto Target Selection will still target the strongest npc in aoe range for active combat stance. You do not need a target to cast skills in pvp.

Thank you for your patience,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    @Neurath
    Umm
    Since you're no longer even remotely close to the original topic... Maybe make a new thread for all your ideas.
  • Options
    I will rename the thread to Combat Log if I can. Anyway, I have no further combat updates to log right now.

Thanks for the bump.
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Combat log?
    Thought you were playing a table top RPG by yourself and telling us what was going on.
    And you can't rename someone else's thread because you got off topic.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    It is a stealth thread but you won't let the sub sink...

Anyways, I don't need to repeat myself.
    Thanks for the concern,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    But you have been for the last 4 pages.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    I have been what? All of my posts have been updates for people dear to me.

I've only had to repeat myself in these situations but thankfully I'm a master of the alphabet rubix cube.

Have fun,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    Meh - it's fine. If @Neurath needs a public google-esque doc to toss ideas into the ether yet still keep connected to the community, it's ok with me. Could be the start of the Whiteboard / OT forum category. ;)
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Thank you, Crow.

I do love to wind Noaani up lol 😆

I think I'd have to relocate an ot whiteboard to the special section of the forum though.

All the best,
    Neurath.

Edit: I do spell Noaani's name wrong though. It's dyslexia more than pokes.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif