Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Discussion; secondary class doesn't matter.

Comments

• Options
    That's kinda what I was suggesting.
    Make a thread of random ideas or something
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    CROW3 wrote: »
    Meh - it's fine. If Neurath needs a public google-esque doc to toss ideas into the ether yet still keep connected to the community, it's ok with me. Could be the start of the Whiteboard / OT forum category. ;)
    It's ok with me too - and since I am the one getting the notifications (just ticked over to 100 since I looked at them last), I dont think anyone has any reason to complain.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Neurath wrote: »
    do spell Noaani's name wrong though. It's dyslexia more than pokes.

You join a long line of people that have spelt it wrong - including Steven.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Tab Action Combat Update:

Melee Movement, Hit Box Parameters and Dodge Function (Active Evasion) conceptualisation: Elden Ring.

No target required.

Peace,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options

Reticule Soft Lock Targetting for Ranger.

All the best,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    I hope not. I still want action archery.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    How will you fire aoe without soft lock? I don't mind doing a single target ranger but you'd have a 50%50 split of melee and ranged skills. With reticule you single shoot, with soft lock you aoe shoot...

Aoe in my head is not a ground target.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    A few different ways.

- a ground based AOE ( like a mass barrage )
    - an activated ability with my target reticle on a target (this is done in Neverwinter for rangers) like a conal attack
    - a directional attack based on what way I’m facing
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    The conal attack is the soft lock. The targeting system referenced comes from neverwinter...
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    By soft lock do you mean whatever target the reticle is on? I just call that aiming. But want to make sure since we may be on the same page.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    By soft lock do you mean whatever target the reticle is on? I just call that aiming. But want to make sure since we may be on the same page.

I think they mean sticky reticle since they mentioned Neverwinter
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    Yeah, so say three guys run at you, you aim at the guy in the middle, you can then either shoot a single target shot or (by means yet devised) strike all three with a soft lock that would branch the reticule into a cone. I'm not a fan of multiple arrows from a bow though and the bow weapon skills will use the same system.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Summon Skill Update (Summon Mount):

Mount Summon Skill (Mini Mount): Player throws Bauble With Mini Mount Statue onto ground, Mount smashes bauble and prepares to be mounted.

Much love,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options

Due to the old combat build and new combat engine, weapon swaps will only be possible via keybind rather than active skill.

Each class will be designed with a weapon in mind, some with crossovers and some with both options.

If you have a class which is designated a specific weapon, augment schools will be available to gain access to the build you want.

No one will be left behind, i just have a previous stupid game design to resolve.

Thanks for the support,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    P.s. my aoe is never ground target because we will have dragons in the sky to fend off too. Whoever designed the previous aoe abilities obviously wanted all classes incapable of sky aoe and thus be decimated but i digress.

Much love,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Post contains: Ranger Roster, Bow Weapon Roster, Crossbow Weapon Roster.

@CROW3

Hello Crow, I didn’t want to keep you in the dark so I’ve done Ranger. I hope you like the concepts.

Ranger Roster:

Dedicated Weapons: Bow + Quiver.
    Backup Weapon: Crossbow.

Class Companion: Forest Fae (A Winged Forest Fairy who teleports to targets and initiates the AoE seen below).

Forest Fae Buffs: Fae Foresight – Max Range Increased by 10 Meters. Close Range Shot Limit Reduced to 0 Meter Threshold. Ranger Receives Sharpened Sight – Unlocks Scope Scout.

Special Skills:
    Forest Flicker (Double Tap Directional Movement Keys). Instant Teleport – Puff of leaves left behind. Distance 1 x 10 meters. 3 x stack. 15 Second Cooldown.

Scope Scout (Roller Mouse Reticule Zoom in/out). Max Range 75 meters. No limits, no lockouts, no timeouts. Positional lock. Static function.

Base Skills from level 1 (Instant Cast, 3 Second Cooldown unless otherwise stated):
    1 Tarnish Tracks (Clears All Threat). 30 second cooldown.

2 Fae Firestorm (Soft Target, Extra Large AoE Cone) 2 x Extra Large Burn DoT. 10 Second Duration. 30 Second Cooldown.

3 Fae Flurries (Soft Target, Extra Large AoE Cone) 2 x Extra Large Laceration DoTs. 10 Second Duration. 30 Second Cooldown.

4 Fae Flays (Soft Target, Extra Large AoE Cone) 2 x Extra Large Haemorrhage DoTs. 10 Second Duration. 30 Second Cooldown.

5 Ampule Assault (Bleed DoT) 1 x Ultra Large Bleed DoT. 3 second duration. 9 second cooldown.

6 Adulterated Assault (Poison DoT) 1 x Ultra Large Poison DoT. 3 second duration. 9 second cooldown.

7 Attuned Assault (Rupture DoT) 1 x Ultra Large Rupture DoT. 3 second duration. 9 second cooldown.

8 Ranged Rebuke (Extra Large Burst) 1 x Ultra Large Burst.

9 Ranged Reduction (Extra Large Burst) 1 x Ultra Large Burst.

10 Ranged Ravager (Extra Large Burst) 1 x Ultra Large Burst.

11 Tincture Trap (Soft Target, Extra Large AoE Cone CC) – Freeze. 1x Large Burst Damage. 30 Second cooldown.

12 Herbal Halt (Soft Target, Extra Large AoE Cone CC) – Root. 1x Large Burst Damage. 30 Second cooldown.

13 Remedy Ruse (Soft Target, Extra Large AoE Cone CC) – Knockback. 1 x large burst. 30 second cooldown.

14 Altered Armour (Single Target Debuff) – Reduce Invulnerabilities by 50% for remnant target invulnerable buff duration. Target invulnerability damage reduction reduced to 50%. 60 second cooldown.

15 Proven Perception (Scans local area, displays foes and stealthed target locations on mini map). 30 second cooldown.

16 Silent Stealth (no duration limit.) +100% Movement Speed. Out of combat only. 60 second cooldown.

17 Sharpshoot (2 x Extra Large Burst, 1 x Extra Large Bleed, 1 x Extra Large Rupture).

18 Master’s Mark (+50% Personal Damage to marked target)(No duration limit). 60 second cooldown.

19 Travel Without Trace (Conceal your presence to Creatures)(No cooldown, no duration limit). +100% Mount Speed.

20 Guarded Growth (Soft Target, Extra Large AoE)((Thorns and tangles slow opponents))(((CC))). Duration 10 seconds. Cooldown 60 seconds.

Ranger Buffs:
    1. Forest Fighter: +100% Physical Damage. +100% Crit Chance. +100% Crit Hit. +50% Skill Speed. +50% Accuracy. +50% Damage to Creatures.

The stats above start at 0 from level 1 and will reach maximum at level 50.

2. Herbal Healer: Doubles the duration of HoTs and Health Potions for you and your allies. (Ultra Large AoE).

Special Class Requirements: Class Skills must operate through Reticule Soft Lock Targeting and be activated through either a bow or crossbow, dependant on which weapon is held at the time. Both Bow and Crossbow will use Reticule Soft Lock Targeting when equipped and in use by other classes. Hence the need for manual weapon swap.

Bow Weapon Roster(Instant Cast, 3 Second Cooldown unless stated otherwise)((Bow Weapon Speed 1.5. Range 60 meters.)):

1 Splinter Shot (Single Target Shot) 1 x Extra Large Haemorrhage DoT, 1 x Extra Large Puncture DoT. 10 second duration. 30 second cooldown.

2 Swift Shot (Single Target Shot) 1 x Large Burst. +25% Movement Speed. 6 second duration. 30 second cooldown.

3 Sickened Shot (Single Target Shot) 1 x Extra Large Burst, 1 x Extra Large Festered Wound DoT. 10 second duration. 30 second cooldown.

4 Split Shot (Single Target Shot) 2 x Ultra Large Burst.

5 Sinful Shot (Single Target Shot) 6 x 9 small Perversion DoTs. 10 second duration. 30 second cooldown.

6 Soaked Shot (Single Target Shot) 1 x Ultra anticoagulant dot. 10 second duration. 30 second cooldown.

7 Solid Shot (Single Target Shot) 1 x Ultra Burst. Ignores 50% Resistance. 30 Second Cooldown.

8 Salvo Shot (Single Target Shot) 1 x Ultra Burst. Target emits 1 x Ultra Large DoT to allies in a 10 meter radios. 10 second duration. 60 second cooldown.

9 Serrated Shot (Single Target Shot) 1 x large bleed dot, 1 x large serration dot, 1 x large puncture dot. 10 second duration. 3o second cooldown.

10 Sedation Shot (CC) Single Target Mesmerise. 1 x ultra large burst. 1 x ultra large dot. 3 second duration. 30 Second cooldown.

11 Strobed Shot (CC) Single Target Disorient. 1 x ultra large burst, 1 x ultra large dot. 3 second duration. 30 Second Cooldown.

12 Silent Shot (CC) Single Target Misdirection. 1 x ultra large burst. 1 x ultra large dot. 3 second duration. 30 Second cooldown.

13 Strong Shot (CC) Single Target Knockback. 1 x ultra burst, 1 x ultra dot. 3 second duration. 30 second cooldown.

14 Straight Shot (Passes through targets in a line)((single target)). 1 x Ultra Burst per target hit. 1 x ultra large pierced dot. 10 second duration. 30 second cooldown. Travels maximum range.

15 Swerved Shot (Movement Skill)((Backflip, explosive shot and positional correction)). Medium Aoe. Distance 10 meters. 1 x large burst. 1 x large shrapnel dot. 5 second duration. 30 second cooldown.

16 Sharp Shot (Single Target Shot) 1 x ultra large burst. 1 x ultra large bleed dot. 1 x ultra large cut dot. 5 second duration. 30 second cooldown.

17 Skirmish Shot (CC) (Single Target Slow). 1 x ultra large burst. 1 x ultra large dot. 3 second duration. 3o second cooldown.

18 Steadied Shot (Single Target Shot) 1 x large pierce dot. 1 x large personal mot. 10 second duration. 20 second cooldown.

19 Savoured Shot (Single Target Shot) 1 x large burst. +25% attack speed for you and your allies. (Ultra Large AoE). 10 second duration. 30 second cooldown.

20 Salutation Shot – (Single Target Shot) +100% Lifedrain from Corrupted. Instant. 1 second cooldown.

Crossbow Weapon Roster (Instant Cast, 6 second cooldown unless otherwise stated)((Crossbow Weapon Speed 3.0. Range 50 meters)):

1 Broken Bolt (Single Target Shot) 2 x extra large burst.

2 Brilliant Bolt (Single Target Shot) 2 x ultra large burst.

3 Bright Bolt (Single Target Shot)((Illuminates the area)). 1 x ultra large burst.

4 Baneful Bolt (Single Target Shot) 1 x Extra Large Bleed Dot. 1 x Extra Large Puncture DoT. 1 x Extra Large Wound DoT. 10 Second Duration. 30 Second cooldown.

5 Bare Bolt (Single Target Shot) 1 x Extra large burst. 25% ignore armour (all source).

6 Barbed Bolt (Single Target Shot) 1 x ultra large wound dot. 5 second duration. 20 second cooldown.

7 Bombard Bolt (Medium AoE Cone. Soft lock targeting. Knockback. CC) 1 x large burst damage. 30 second cooldown.

8 Brutal Bolt (Single Target Shot)(CC Slow) 1 x large burst damage. 30 second duration.

9 Battle Bolt (Single Target Shot) 1 x extra large burst. 25% resistance ignored.

10 Bad Bolt (Single Target Shot) 1 x Extra large perversion dot. 1 x extra large confusion dot. 1 x extra large mania dot. 10 second duration. 30 second cooldown.

11 Bloom Bolt (Medium AoE Cone. Soft Lock Targeting)((CC Root)) 1 x large burst. 30 second cooldown.

12 Boost Bolt (Single Target Shot) 1 x large burst. Personal Crossbow Speed halved for 10 seconds. Cooldown 30 seconds.

13 Babble Bolt (Single target shot. CC disorient.) 1 x large burst. 30 second cooldown.

14 Bazoo Bolt (Medium AoE Cone. Soft lock targeting. Knockdown.) 1 x large burst damage. 30 second cooldown.

15 Bazooka Bolt (Single Target Shot) 1 x ultra large burst to target and the target’s allies. 10 meter radius around target. 1 x ultra large dot. 5 second duration. 20 second cooldown.

16 Bunk Bolt (Single Target Shot)((movement skill)). 1 x large burst. 1 x 10 meter kickback (Player toon bolts backwards 10 meters, does not change face).

17 Barber Bolt (Single Target Shot) 1 x ultra large burst. 1 x ultra large scalp dot. 1 x ultra large bleed dot. 1 x ultra large wound dot. 5 duration. 30 second duration.

18 Baggage Bolt (Medium AoE Cone. Soft Lock Targeting. CC Slow.) 1 x large burst. 30 second cooldown.

19 Bleached Bolt (Single Target Shot) 1 x large anticoagulant dot. 1 x large personal mot. 10 second duration. 2o second cooldown.

20 Boundless Bolt (Passes through targets in a line). (Single Target Shot). 1 x ultra large burst. 1 x ultra large pierced dot. 10 second duration. 30 second cooldown. Travels maximum range.

Individual buffs and debuffs will not stack. Individual buffs and debuffs can be refreshed by the collective individual owners.

I’m not sure if Dragons will have Invulnerable Status, but, if the Dragons do, I shall call upon you, Crow. All the best 😉

I've lumped the three concepts together to save Noaani all the notifications. Lol.

Have fun all,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    Cool. I'm going to pull into a spreadsheet so I can better parse your thoughts. Are these all your ideas on abilities or are some pulling from the wiki?
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Cool. I'm going to pull into a spreadsheet so I can better parse your thoughts. Are these all your ideas on abilities or are some pulling from the wiki?

I believe that Neurath's goal is to redesign the entire system, classes, abilities, and balance. Therefore all of them are ideas on abilities. I read through it all for you, as I do with all the posts (since anything Neurath says, I check against previous design schemas from me or Compilations)

The Abilities mentioned all stand in the 'standard' column of design, and as pointed out by their creator, can't necessarily be understood outside of a design schema. I might try to codify Neurath's design schema if the ideas get enough traction, so let me know if you like what you see from skimming enough to care about doing that.

If Neurath sticks to this format, writing a parser for it is trivial, but I won't be 'doing it for fun' unless you ask @CROW3. It would take less time than a post, or I could assign it to someone else, but even then. (I have no input on these, I don't play Ranger, I don't have interest in things outside of Ashes' current design options, and I don't like the implied Combat design that these lead to).
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    Comcepts:

Shroud talk with Steven
    My dnd toon.
    My hunter ranger niverwinter.
    Ranger in Age of Conan
    Sniper in desert storm 2
    Marksman in galaxies.

Will post all builds when allowed.

At work. Thanks for the feedback.
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Additional concepts:

Duck Hunt - Nintendo.
    Ranger BDO.

P.s. desert storm 2 is a game. I am not or was not an actual soldier. Speed typing can cause issues.

All the best,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Military/Economic Update:

Mayors should be able to appoint diplomats.

Diplomats must travel to other mayors to make agreements for the respective nodes.

Trade Agreements can set caravan/naval routes for merchants to make more coin than average for the same distance travelled. Local merchants can then purchase off the local node resource pile and fill the local coffers.

Non Aggression Pacts can see windows of pvp immunity to citizens of one node who wish to venture into another node region unhindered by locals.

Map Exploration Trades can ensure people within trade Agreements can see reports of locational frequencies related to trade raid.

Players should not be limited by location for these agreements after exploration and travel time.

It should not be a requirement to use any of these systems, I wished to harmonise military/economic cooperation for those who would.

Restriction: Diplomats can't use Family Summon System.

Concept reference: Total War Series.

Much love,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Espionage System Update:

Mayors can appoint spies.

Spies can uncover information about non Aggression Pacts, trade Agreements and map Exploration shares.

Skill Tree Profession Additions:
    Mayor
    Diplomat
    Spy

Concept reference: Total War Series.

Have fun all,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Anyone want a class design made? I am bored and have three days off. First come first serve, no responses at all would be a lucky dip ;)

Peace,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    In this post: Bard Roster, Sword Weapon Skill Roster and Spell Book Weapon Skill Roster.

Bard Roster:

Designated Weapons: Show Sceptre (Buffs/Magic). Sword.
    Backup: Spell Book.

Base Skills for Bard:
    Themes

1. Words of War: Ultra Large Burst. +50% Skill Speed for allies. Extra Large AoE. Duration 10 seconds. 30 second cooldown.

2. Mime of Massacre: Ultra Large Burst. +50% Accuracy for allies. Extra Large AoE. Duration 10 seconds. 30 second cooldown.

3. Chant of Conquest: Ultra Large Burst. +50% CC Resistance for you and your allies. Extra Large AoE. Duration 10 seconds. 30 second cooldown.

4. Peace of Petrification: Ultra Large Burst. Extra Large AoE. 3 second cooldown.

5. Song of Sacrifice: Ultra Large Burst. Extra Large AoE. 3 second cooldown.

6. Rule of Rebellion: Ultra Large Burst. Extra Large AoE. 3 second cooldown.

7. Chorus of Containment: (CC - Root) Large Burst. Extra Large AoE. 30 second cooldown.

8. End of Education: (CC - Confusion) Large Burst. Extra Large AoE. 30 second cooldown.

9. Murmurs of Martyrs: (CC - Slow) Large burn dot. Extra Large AoE. 10 second duration. 30 second cooldown.

10. Calls of Collusion: Clears all threat. 30 second cooldown.

11. Rallies of Reform: Ultra Large Burst. Ultra Large Mana Burst. -25% Accuracy for foes. Extra Large AoE. 10 second duration. 30 second cooldown.

12. Comrades of Compassion: Ultra Large Burst. -25% Skill Speed for foes. Ultra Large Mana Burst. Extra Large AoE. 10 second duration. 30 second cooldown.

13. Sign of Stardom: Ultra Large Burst. -25% damage. Ultra Large Mana Burst. Extra Large AoE. 10 second duration. 30 second cooldown.

14. Act of Assassination: Ultra Large Burst. +100% Damage for you and your allies. Extra Large AoE. 10 second duration. 30 second cooldown.

15. Method of Mobilisation: Ultra Large Burst. +50% Movement Speed. Extra Large AoE. 10 second duration. 30 second cooldown.

16. Echo of Engagement: +50% Damage absorption for you and your allies. Extra Large AoE. 10 second duration. 30 second cooldown.

17. Arms of Aggression: +50% Damage Reflection for you and your allies. Extra Large AoE. 10 second duration. 30 second cooldown.

18. Fields of Fulfilment: +50% Damage Deflection for you and your allies. Extra Large AoE. 10 second duration. 30 second cooldown.

19. Hail of Hope: Ultra Large Hail Storm DoT. Ultra Large HoT. Extra Large AoE. 10 second duration. 30 second cooldown.

20. Music of Magic: +100% Healing for you and your allies. Extra Large AoE. 10 second duration. 30 second cooldown.

Class Buffs:
    Tall Tales: + 100% Movement Speed (personal). +100% Mount Speed (Personal). Damage and healing bars increased by 100% for you and your allies. Double AoE Radius for you and your allies. Ultra Large AoE.

Physical Presence: +100% Physical Damage. +100% Critical Chance. +100% Critical Hit. Extra Large HoT. +25% Resistance (All Source)((All source resistance is earnt at 5% every 10 levels)).

Masterful Methods: +100% Magical Damage. +100% Accuracy. +100% Skill Speed.

These buffs are 0 at level 1 but will be maximum at level 5o.

The buffs and debuffs do not stack but can be refreshed by the collective individuals with the individual buffs.

Sword Weapon Roster (Weapon Speed 1.3. Maximum Weapon Range: Arm length plus weapon length of 1 meter):
    Acts (Soft Target AoE Cones).
    1 Assorted Act - Ultra Large Burst. 3 second cooldown.

2 Ascended Act – Ultra Large Burst. 3 second cooldown.

3 Awesome Act - Ultra Large Burst. 3 second cooldown.

4 Attuned Act - Ultra Large bleed DoT. 5 second duration. 20 second cooldown.

5 Advanced Act - Ultra Large rupture DoT. 5 second duration. 20 second cooldown.

6 Angled Act - Ultra Large haemorrhage DoT. 5 second duration. 20 second cooldown.

7 Ambitious Act – Ultra Large Burst. Ultra Large pierce DoT (Wide Cone) 5 second duration. 2o second cooldown.

8 Aggressive Act - Ultra Large Burst. Ultra Large puncture DoT (Wide Cone) 5 second duration. 20 second cooldown.

9 Aggravated Act - Ultra Large Burst. Ultra Large pummel DoT (Wide Cone) 5 second duration. 20 second cooldown.

10 Ace Act - Ultra Large Burst, 1 x ultra large confusion dot. 1 x ultra large misdirection dot (Narrow Cone) 5 second duration. 20 second cooldown.

11 Accompanied Act - Ultra Large Burst, 1 x ultra large wound dot. 1 x ultra large festered wound dot. (Narrow Cone) 5 second duration. 20 second cooldown.

12 Associated Act - Ultra Large Burst, 1 x ultra large slash dot. 1 x ultra large cut dot. (Narrow Cone) 5 second duration. 20 second cooldown.

13 Astute Act - 2 x extra large bursts (Median Cone) 3 second cooldown.

14 Arbitrated Act - 2 x extra large bursts (Median Cone) 3 second cooldown.

15 Affluent Act – 2 x extra large bursts (Median Cone) 3 second cooldown.

16 Affronted Act - 2 x ultra large burst. 1 x ultra large ravage dot. 1 x ultra large berserk dot. (Frontal Arc) 5 second duration. 20 second cooldown.

17 Aspirant Act - 2 x ultra large burst. 1 x ultra large frenzy dot. 1 x ultra large mania dot. (Left Arc) 5 second duration. 20 second cooldown.

18 Aptitude Act - 2 x ultra large burst. 1 x ultra large subversion dot. 1 x ultra large riposte dot. (Right Arc) 5 second duration. 20 second cooldown.

19 Assault Act (Charge) – Large Burst. Large fractured dot. +50% Damage Reflection. 10 second duration. 30 second cooldown.

20 Agitation Act (Taunt) – Large Life Drain DoT. Large Mana drain DoT. 10 second duration. 3o second cooldown.

Spell Book Weapon Roster (Weapon Speed 2.6):
    Chapters (Soft Target AoE).
    1 Carried Chapter (Movement Skill – Relocate). Instant teleport 25 meters backwards. 15 second cooldown.

2 Corruption Chapter – Instant. 100% Lifedrain from corrupted. Extra Large AoE. 10 Second Cooldown.

3 Convalesce Chapter – Extra Large AoE. Ultra Large Mana Burst. 3 second cooldown.

4 Cooperation Chapter – Extra Large AoE. 2x Ultra Large Mana Burst. 3 second cooldown.

5 Continuation Chapter – Extra Large AoE. 3x Ultra Large Mana Burst. 3 second cooldown.

6 Corrective Chapter – (CC – Disarm) Large AoE. Large Burst. 30 second cooldown.

7 Constrictive Chapter – (CC – Root) Large AoE. large burst. 30 second cooldown.

8 Controlled Chapter – (CC – Slow) Large AoE. large burst. 30 second cooldown.

9 Combat Chapter – Extra Large AoE. Ultra Large Burst. 3 second cooldown.

10 Combination Chapter – Extra Large AoE. 2x Ultra Large Burst. 3 second cooldown.

11 Certification Chapter – Extra Large AoE. 3x Ultra Large Burst. 3 second cooldown.

12 Creation Chapter – Extra Large AoE. Extra Large Geo Generation DoT. Extra Large MoT. 10 second duration. 3o second cooldown.

13 Cultivation Chapter – Extra Large AoE. Extra Large Growth Generation DoT. Extra Large MoT. 10 second duration. 30 second cooldown.

14 Conflagration Chapter – Extra Large AoE. Extra Large Glow Generation DoT. Extra Large MoT. 10 second duration. 30 second cooldown.

15 Carnal Chapter – Extra Large AoE. Extra Large Perversion DoT. Extra Large HoT. 10 second duration. 30 second cooldown.

16 Core Chapter – Extra Large AoE. Extra Large Persecution DoT. Extra Large HoT. 10 second duration. 30 second cooldown.

17 Cryptic Chapter – Extra Large AoE. Extra Large Probation DoT. Extra Large HoT. 10 second duration. 30 second cooldown.

18 Cute Chapter – Extra Large AoE. Ultra Large Burst Heal. 3 second cooldown.

19 Crucial Chapter – Extra Large AoE. 2 x Ultra Large Burst Heal. 3 second cooldown.

20 Completion Chapter – Extra Large AoE. 3 x Ultra Large Burst Heal. 3 second cooldown.

Concept reference: Ashes of Creation, our old Bard and my creative process.

I hope you enjoy the concepts!

Much love and all the best,
    Neurath 😉
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    As a Bard, I dislike this concept. Give me weaker buffs that I can sustain. I don't want to have to dance between different random bursts of varying buffs. This just denies me the ability to control the flow of battle. It becomes a dance of trying to time different abilities so that other's abilities can chain with them. It's not shifting the flow of battle by changing the balance of strengths and weaknesses between my allies and my enemies. This is feels to me like a burst-damage mage, but in buff form, requiring me to time my micro-buffs so my allies do (or take) less damage in a given instant, with what are effectively "combo abilities" with irregular long term effects. Maybe there are bards who want that, but I'm not one of them. Weaker and longer, please.

In your concept, are weapons (soft) locked to certain classes? If so, I'd like to request Dagger as an option.
  • Options
    It is not the case for one class to control any battle. There is a fine line between active buffs and passive buffs.

Augments will change class and skill abilities.

I have to build the 8 base classes to support group content until level 25.

The active buffs are over buffs (Bard causes 200% damage and 200% Healing bar.) The skill is in the application.

Furthermore, I do not want a passive bard firing off a buff every 60 seconds. It's Tab Action Combat, not a dice roll in a drunken state.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Very well. I gave my feedback.
  • Options
    Brilliant. Thank you. I can't be specific because I do not know if TTK will be 30 seconds or 60 seconds.

Would you love a rogue to have a 60 second combat stealth and nuke you in your corner?
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    I don't see how this is related.
  • Options
    Because stealth is a buff.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif