Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Discussion; secondary class doesn't matter.

Comments

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It is important to balance base skills and counter base classes before you change skill effects and stat numbers for giggles.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Meatloaf wrote: »
    Do you guys think this makes sense or am I off base?

You are somewhat accurate in terms of how it is designed to happen - but this has literally nothing to do with the original topic of this thread.

A way to explain this thread in terms you would understand. If you and I both go and ask for vanilla ice cream, then you ask for brownie pieces on top of yours and I ask for caramel sauce - and then we both say to the person making this ice cream for us to hold the toppings - then we both just end up with a bowl of vanilla ice cream.

Likewise, if you pick Tank/Ranger as your class and I pick Tank/Cleric, if neither of us take anything at all from our secondary class (which as far as we know is limited to just augments), then we are both essentially the same class, with the same remaining options. If we both put our points in the same skills and upgrades to those skills (but not augments, other than race, religion and social organization), we would literally function exactly the same, despite the fact that you have Ranger as a secondary and I have Cleric.
  • Options
    There is no flaw in the concepts. There are options to explore and concepts to insert. It is important to remember two things:

We are a pvx game.
    A man can be made a god, but, the god must face the devil.

Adios amigos,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Engine update:

Tab Action Combat:

Tab target to attach to strongest mob in aoe group for pve.

Skills can activate without a target obtained.

Tab target will apply to targets in skill range.

Smooth transitions between motions, actions and skills without stutter.

The perfect mmo needs the perfect engine.
    Much love,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Clarification:

No reticle or combat mode change. Just Tab Action Combat.

Thank you for the support,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    P.s. if the engine update requires a ui change, please also add a second weapon window so players can allocate skill points in two types of weapons.

Also, Node Citzens should be given either 100 gold or 1000 gold a week for being a citizen (not taken from taxes) to ensure the economies don't dwindle.

Stipend reference: BDO.

P.s. I plan to surpass BDO and WoW in both functions, looks and combat ;)
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Ok uncle.
    Small print leads to large risks.
  • Options
    ;) cheers mate :)
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    cheers
    Small print leads to large risks.
  • Options
    I've initiated the engine updates before I do all the combat upgrades. The concepts are a real mess on the wiki. It seems Jeff left the job half done but I digress.

Still at work,
    Catch you later.
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Kadir beneath Mo Moteh.
  • Options
    No worries Dygz, you don't need to understand. You aren't my boss lol.

I don't see why we need to keep all of Jeff's concepts which are not finished and not up to the job. Even so, i try not to be impatient.

Cheers,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    More dots, my friend. More dots. 😉
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    I'm not sure if the Demonic Shaman survived all 3 burst skills simultaneously. In my mind, they still duel in simulation but its unclear without feedback lol.

All the best,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Skill updates:

Each skill will be 3 ranks which are unlocked with skill points. 33%, 66% and 100%.

Weapons skills will use the same system.

Each base class will have 20 base skills.
    Each main class will have 20 base skills.
    Weapons will have 20 base skills.

The 8 base classes can be played to level 50 now. At level 25 you can choose to keep the base or choose one of two other options.

Armour penetration can now be boosted to 35% from Weapons at rank 15 enchantment.

Augments will also come from other sources,
    Thank you for your time.
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Clarification:

Weapon armour pentration at rank 15 enchantment:
    One handed: 25%
    Two handed: 50%

Much love,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    "Keeping the base class" is Cleric/Cleric.
    It has always been possible to Level the "base class" to level 50.
    Also, obviously, people can use augments from different sources than Secondary Archetype.
  • Options
    The offer is for augments on all skills. Cleric cleric is not a cleric, it is a high priest. If cleric cleric was a cleric necro is in the wrong neighbourhood.

You can argue semantics all you want. The offer is clear, the intent is clear and thr capabilities are clear.

I just refuse to dance around your shortsighted arguments without financial recompense.

At work right now,
    Catch you later.
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Cleric/Cleric is a Cleric.
    Cleric/Shaman is also a Cleric.
    Facts are facts. No need to argue.

As far as we know, by the current design, augments can be applied to any Active Skill.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Cleric/Shaman does not exist?

I have my plans to link the classes. I have my plans to oppose the classes. My plans have not changed because I am a creator, writer and conceptualist. I will also do lore experiences and expansion after I have done combat updates.

At the end of the day, I want a2 to be rapid, not spend 5 years of you spewing the same stuff from 2018 in 2028 after the 500th combat iteration.

Neurath.

Edit: spelling mistakes.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Cleric/Shaman - Cleric is the Primary Archetype. Primary Archetype cannot be changed.
    Secondary Archetype can be changed, so...

If my character becomes a Level 50 Primary Archetype Cleric/Shaman, I can change the class from Shaman, to Scryer, or Templar, and back to Shaman, but that character will remain a Level 50 Primary Archetype Cleric. Until an expansion increases max level.

The devs' plans for class design have not changed. As far as we know. Regardless of what you want.

But, according to the current design:
    It is already possible for a Primary Archetype Cleric to reach Level 50.
    And, augments can already be applied to any Active Skill.
  • Options
    I'm not sure how to take your input. You are like a broken record. I do not know what the devs plans are but I do try to advise and assist.

You seem to want to take a development quote and chain the whole development by it. I love transparent development and if my ideas take flight people can come here to see how. Nothing is hidden.

At the end of the day I want ashes to succeed. I have skills and experience. I might not be a coder or artist but creation also requires passion and heart of another sort.

Thank you,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    You don't know what the devs' plans are.
    I am informing you what the current dev design is.

You say, "If my ideas take flight."
    I said those ideas about Level 50 Primary Archetype and augments applying to any Active Skill are already part of the current dev design. That's it.
  • Options
    All of my concepts and requests for engine updates and employment still stand.

You delayed Demonic Shaman by a week and a half. Anglic Shaman took just 6 hours without you looming large.

Frankly, I don't need to defend or prove myself to you. I believe Ashes of Creation and all classes should be unique.

I realise you still quote a man who abandoned the project years ago. I'd rather build the future than repeat the past.

Cya,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    I didn't delay anything. I asked you questions about how your concepts fit with the dev design.
    Once I realized you don't care whether your concepts fit with the current dev designs, and you don't care whether people understand your concepts, I stopped asking you questions.
    And then you monopolized the thread with probably 3+ pages of your concepts.

You don't need to defend or prove anything.
    You said, "The 8 base classes can be played to 50 now." I replied that has always been part of the dev design.
    You said, "At level 25, you get to keep the base..." I replied that's already possible with Cleric/Cleric.
    You said, "Augments will also come from other sources." I replied that is already true in the current dev design.

I simply pointed out stuff you said that is already in the current dev design. There is nothing you need to defend or prove.

I am informing you of Steven's designs.
    It's fine for you to theorycraft your dream concepts.
    But, those three quotes of yours above are already past designs because they have always been part of the Ashes game design. We can expect them to also be future designs because it's unlikely they will change.
  • Options
    Dygz wrote: »
    I am informing you of Steven's designs.
    If Neurath wants to offload some of the ideas he has, he is more than welcome to do so.

This thread is as good a place to do so as any other.

Clearly, if all he is doing is offloading ideas that he has, he doesn't care (nor should he care) what the current plan for the game is.

I am unsure why you always think it necessary to interject with the current design paradigm of the game when someone else is just throwing ideas around. There is a time and place for pointing out what the design of the game is - and that time and place is not when someone is just throwing out ideas.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    I think I said that.
    But the sentence of mine you just quoted is in response to Neurath saying that I'm quoting Jeffrey's designs.
  • Options
    Dygz wrote: »
    I think I said that.

So why even mention what the current game design is?

I mean, if you said that he is welcome to offload the ideas - as he is doing - then why would you think he would care what the current design is? Since you must then logically know he doesn't care what the current design is, why would you even mention the current design?
  • Options
    I think you already know I what I think about your prowess with logic.
  • Options
    SirChancelotSirChancelot Member
    edited May 2022