Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Discussion; secondary class doesn't matter.

Comments

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It takes a solid surface to make a sheet of paper balance.

I'm off to work, Happy Mother's Day and all the best. Would work full time for you all if wanted.

Adios Amigos,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Neurath wrote: »
    Also, individual debuffs for this class do not stack.

Cheers,
    Neu.

Can you clarify this one a bit? No stacking at ALL?
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    LMAO
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    The new update for the system is thus:

Dual levels removed from armour and weapons. Conflicted stats (all stats) removed from items and weapons.

New item levels firmed at the 5 coloured tiers. No level requirements.

Dodge chance removed. Dodge is now a flat damage reduction.

Armour:
    Light: Absorb Damage.
    Medium: Dodge Damage.
    Heavy: Deflect Damage.

Armour Parameters: first colour 1% resistance per piece. 5th tier is 5% per piece.

Weapon Parameters: penetration (all sources) first colour 2%, fifth colour 10%.

I will create 128 classes which does not cover the base classes. When I'm paid and free hehe.

The system stated here relates to combat tests. I do not need feedback from people who judge words and not facts.

These changes must be done to the basic engine both Shamans have created before I outline a tank.

Also, it will be lush when I don't have to go without sleep for 5 days straight in order to assist the development.

Cheers,
    Neu.

Armour and weapon reference: Star Wars Galaxies.

Ps. To the noobs -25% debuff, applied once is 25% from one class to 500 if they are in range. Do you want 500 -25% back?

Please keep quiet and learn instead of showing your lack of actual conceptualisation and combat construction on a small to large scale.

Thank you,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Ps all base stats for each base class will also be removed.

Edit: spelling mistake.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Right, anger and edits are no good. Let me explain:

Player 1 is the only buffer for team 1.

Team 2 has 500 buffers for team 2.

Team 2 should not be able to stack 500 buffs onto themselves because 1 x buff equals x 500 and 500 x 500 = 250,000. This means team two woukd debuff team 1 by -6,250,000 against 500.

My apologies,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Clarifaction:

Team 2 debuff would be 6,250,000 extra vs 7500 extra percentage reduction.

Peace,
    Neurath

Edit: correction.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Also, armour reduction calculations must be applied to the damage remnant after all three Shields are applied to Demonic Shaman. It ensures we never have 100% resistance without a buff. Also, Guardian Angel Calculation occurs after armour reduction calculation.

Thank you for your dedication,
    Much love,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Clarification:

Armour is All Source Resistance,
    Cheers,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Clarification:

Weapon Resistance Penetration is All Source.

Cheers,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Clarification:

All dual wield weapons (caster/melee gloves too) have 20% armour pentration in total. 10% from each source weapon.

Max Armour Pentration will be 45% when all buffs are active.

Armour pentration buffs are now complete. No further Armour penetration will be added to the new engine.

Cheers,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Final Clarification:

The only other source of armour penetration will be from Fountain of Experience skill which will boost Armour Pentration to 60% throughout duration.

Thank you for your support,
    Neurath :)
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Final Clarification:

Maximum Armour All Source Protection is now 60% in total throughout Fountain of Experience skill. (70% if you are Demonic Shaman).

Thank you and much love,
    Neurath
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Is there a way to block/mute people on the forums?
  • Options
    Final clarifaction:

two handed weapons will have double armour penetration to match dual wield.

The engine base is now complete.
    Calculations are confirmed.

I can rest now.
    Cheers,
    Neu.

P.s. you can mute posts by not opening the thread?

Lol.

Adios amigos.
    I am freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    mcnasty wrote: »
    Is there a way to block/mute people on the forums?

Yes there is. See image...red arrow.

You're welcome :wink:dqlw4745v0pt.jpg
  • Options

P.s. you can mute posts by not opening the thread?

nobody said anything about wanting to mute a post.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Well, if you want to ignore me why are you having a conversation with me?

Anyway, time is precious and you waste my time.

Cheers,
    Neurath.

Edit: spelling mistakes.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The new update for the system is thus:

Dual levels removed from armour and weapons. Conflicted stats (all stats) removed from items and weapons.

New item levels firmed at the 5 coloured tiers. No level requirements.

Dodge chance removed. Dodge is now a flat damage reduction.

Armour:
    Light: Absorb Damage.
    Medium: Dodge Damage.
    Heavy: Deflect Damage.

Armour Parameters: first colour 1% resistance per piece. 5th tier is 5% per piece.

Weapon Parameters: penetration (all sources) first colour 2%, fifth colour 10%.

I will create 128 classes which does not cover the base classes. When I'm paid and free hehe.

The system stated here relates to combat tests. I do not need feedback from people who judge words and not facts.

These changes must be done to the basic engine both Shamans have created before I outline a tank.

Also, it will be lush when I don't have to go without sleep for 5 days straight in order to assist the development.

Cheers,
    Neu.

Armour and weapon reference: Star Wars Galaxies.

Ps. To the noobs -25% debuff, applied once is 25% from one class to 500 if they are in range. Do you want 500 -25% back?

Please keep quiet and learn instead of showing your lack of actual conceptualisation and combat construction on a small to large scale.

Thank you,
    Neurath.

In the games I play now, debuffs do not stack generally, it's a basic concept of gameplay because of the way players consistently break things when they do. However, one might have them stack to a limit, such as Regen status in Ashes Alpha-1. A limit of 2 or 3 would allow two of the same Archetype who happen to be in a party, boss raid, or just friends trying to do stuff, to not be in a situation where they go for the same debuff and make each other less effective or efficient.

But the perspective I was reading your post from, made me think you meant 'only one debuff can be applied at a time', given the strength of them, this seemed like a plausible thing, and I've also seen games where there is a limit to 'debuffs that a single player of X class can apply to a target' I.e. the character must choose X number of their debuffs, apply those, and cannot apply more.

This is admittedly not the usual term for 'stacking', but different people use different terms, so I requested the clarification, and should have done so better (with all this post).
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    We don't have a combat tracker. I do not want player icons or mob icons.

The buffs and debuffs will be refreshed by each person with the identical buff. The total sum of all debuffs will be -75% but i must test the new engine. I am yet to plan bard. It is unfair for me to Absorb all buffs and debuffs into one class when we have a buff class.

Thank you and I aporeciated your personal experience :)
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Good morning all,

Engine update:

Skill abilities can now be queued. Only the next skill ability can be queued.

The change will assist my plans for the melee weapons and classes.

Can't queue a skill ability until initial skill is active. queued skill will initiate after the current active skill.

Reference: Age of Conan.

Much love,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    You still arguing with Dygz or yelling at clouds?
    Not really sure what is going on or what the point is other then keeping the thread on top.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    I haven't argued with Dygz, I still enjoy the pod casts.

Thank you,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Not really sure what is going on or what the point is other then keeping the thread on top.

All I know is that he lied when he said this
    Final clarifaction:
    Neurath.

• Options
    edited May 2022
    I have given the ultimate clarification now.

I'm not sure if you have read the thread but as information and ideas come in, I have to adjust to the situations.

If you want to run around chasing after casters in melee and timing swings with lag, so be it boys.

Thank you for your time,

Adios amigos,
    Neurath.

Edit: spelling mistakes.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

All I know is that he lied when he said this
    Final clarifaction:
    Neurath.

Neurath got lessons from Jackie Chan's cartoon uncle.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    I wonder if Jeff bard will ever be able to do the uncle's finger moves in vr lol.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Noaani wrote: »
    Dygz wrote: »
    Well, advanced weapons can have up to 5 weapon abilities, so the two characters would also have to have the same gear and use the same weapon abilities for them to be functionally the same..
    Likely, they would be choosing class abilities and weapon abilities that best fit their visions of the secondary classes they chose, so unlikely they would be functionally the same.
    Secondary class also affects stat growth, so that will likely be significantly different as well.

That is a fair point about weapons.

Going back to the Guardian/Warden comparison from earlier in this thread though, if I am a Warden, but I don't select any augments from my Ranger subclass, why would I want a bow?

Since all of my abilities as a Warden are given to me via my Tank primary class, if I don't use any augments from my Ranger secondary class I don't see a need for a bow. One could then ask why pick Ranger as a second class - to which I would then say "hence the title of the thread".

To be fair, if this does turn out to be the case, it wouldn't be the first game to have this as an issue/feature. In Archeage, if you are a Demonologist (Sorcery/Occultism/Witchcraft) and don't put any points in Witchcraft, you are functionally no different to a Revenant (Sorcery/Occultism/Auramancy) that has no points put in Auramancy. If both classes equip the same gear and put their points in the same abilities, they are identical.

Again, I am not saying this is probable. I am saying with what we know so far it is possible. I assume there is something we don't know about that will generate an inherent difference between the subclasses - and if so that would be awesome.

I have been explaining it using Ice cream. You pick your flavor as y our base and then your secondary class is like toppings on top, you can pick sprinkles, chocolate chips, or chocolate sauce however it is still your base flavor. The secondary class will add some new things, and flavor and have an impact however you still are your primary class underneath. Do you guys think this makes sense or am I off base?
  • Options
    Your assessment is correct. The trick is to link the classes and also counter each class.

Once balance is built into the engine at the start, there will be less balances in future.

Cheers,
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It might be a bit more than sprinkles - an augment might change your ice cream bar to an ice cream sandwich or an ice cream cone. Might be adding nuts or fruit to the ice cream.

Then, a different Active Skill might be cookies. And you might add chocolate on top of the cookie. You might add nuts or raisins to the cookie. The cookie might change from a flat round shape to a thick block shape.