Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What is ONE thing you dont want to see in Ashes?

Balrog21Balrog21 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
I dont want to see a raid boss, instance boss or world boss just sitting there doing nothing. Have it pathing or doing something immersive.
Nothing kills ot for me more than to get to the boss and it's just sitting there like a mannequin. I feel like I have to get my quarter out and put it in its slot to start the fun.

Comments

• Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I don't want to see a delay in the Alpha 2 release..... : )

The one thing I really don't want to see is hundreds of small guilds trying to experience the content instead of just growing the community and becoming bigger. I think the way they are approaching the community aspect will help with this but it's probably inevitable.

Having everything programed on a set path just leads to additional time to develop and potential bugs. A lot of fights are created based on the bosses starting point. I can see a benefit to having a boss's pathing create a different technique to pulling but what more can you gain from that?
  • Options
    Lockboxes or anything that is remotely paid to play or win. Outside of monthly subs of course.

• Options
    @KHRONUS it just kills it for me...especially when all the raid is right in front of the boss and it's still just sitting or standing there oblvious waiting for you to get all set up....its like let me know when you are ready...like I said let me go put the quarter in it to start the fun.
  • Options
    pvp health bars, instances, too many safe zones for pve. Basically anything that makes everything easy, predictable and catering for carebears
  • Options
    BricktopBricktop Member
    edited September 2020
    Anything P2W or that takes away from the open world (Lots of instancing). No groupfinders of any kind, keep it so that you have to talk to people and make friends. Preferably no add ons since a lot of them are pretty hand holdy
  • Options
    neuroguyneuroguy Member
    edited September 2020
    A map filled with details about the world and points of interest. The world is dynamic, it allows for mystery and intrigue, it would be a shame to have systems that counteract that massive positive.
  • Options
    I dont want the world to be too dark or too bright, when you cant see anything or can see everything takes away the realism.
  • Options
    I would like to pick up anything and pluck anything out of the earth, obviously you cant pluck a giant tree but can we also cut them down any one, an entire interactive map. if i want to pick up a random rock and toss.
    Life is nothing but holograms, half lives of decaying particles mortal is the universe but its also been dead all along
  • Options
    JubilumJubilum Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    Open world/non consensual pvp. I have yet to find anything else so far that ruins the game but this one issue.
  • Options
    Mojottv wrote: »
    pvp health bars, instances, too many safe zones for pve. Basically anything that makes everything easy, predictable and catering for carebears

Instancing doesn't really correlate to being carebear. Its way easier to code instanced mechanics than it is to code for open world mechanics, as you have a fixed variable to work with. Thus instancing allows you to finely control an encounter's difficulty level. That's why the most challenging PvE content has almost always been instanced.
  • Options
    CaptnChuckCaptnChuck Member
    edited September 2020
    I don't want to see people, who spend money in the cash-shop, looking better than players that have invested several hours into the game. Alas, it looks like this is going to be a problem in AoC.
  • Options
    jubilum wrote: »
    Open world/non consensual pvp. I have yet to find anything else so far that ruins the game but this one issue.

Not sure if trolling...

I dont want to see the game fail before release, simple :)
  • Options
    Creating invisible barriers on land. If I can see it, I should be able to get there.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    No good Bard Gameplay
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Balrog21 wrote: »
    I dont want to see a raid boss, instance boss or world boss just sitting there doing nothing. Have it pathing or doing something immersive.
    Nothing kills ot for me more than to get to the boss and it's just sitting there like a mannequin. I feel like I have to get my quarter out and put it in its slot to start the fun.

What? You don't buy the fact that, that particular raid boss has just been waiting PATIENTLY for everyone to arrive for hours if not days for you to kill them???

I have to say that kind of also applies to the world in general as well. I am currently playing RoR and I have to admit it's a bit weird that while the occasional mob will wander about, they are all basically rooted to one spot and, if killed, will magically appear at that spot 1-2 mins later. This applies to cities as well, making them feel static and artificial.

I would really prefer if all mobs/NPCs had routines and daily chores they would be doing so things actually feel active and alive.
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Options
    Balrog21 wrote: »

See I dont think the pathing is necessarily the answer. Just make it where you cant blatantly be out in the open. Have the starting point be somewhere with lots of cover and if you step into view the fight starts.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    I don't want to see server performance/sync issues due to combat latency. I'm good with tab target but I can see how action can get pretty messy.
    "Magic is not a tool, little one. It is a river that unites us in its current."

I heard a bird ♫
  • Options
    neuroguy wrote: »
    A map filled with details about the world and points of interest. The world is dynamic, it allows for mystery and intrigue, it would be a shame to have systems that counteract that massive positive.

points of interests are usually to promote more exploration. I say just dont overdo them and also add a few that arent marked.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    I dont want to see mega guilds running entire servers. Somewhat out of intrepids power but regardless, mega guilds are pretty lame and ruin the game in most circumstances.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »
    No good Bard Gameplay

I don't know why, but this made me chuckle. I hope that that isn't a sign of things to come.
  • Options
    I HATE rares that pop in the same spot on timers or after a few min. I want rares to be rare, on no timer and you never know where it will pop up in a zone
  • Options
    Mygrunt wrote: »
    I HATE rares that pop in the same spot on timers or after a few min. I want rares to be rare, on no timer and you never know where it will pop up in a zone

I miss this tbh it's cool spotting rare stuff when rare really means something.
    "Magic is not a tool, little one. It is a river that unites us in its current."

I heard a bird ♫
  • Options
    Not being able to see everything just because you arn't in a big guild,
  • Options
    @Dolyem , New World was pretty cool about that in some instances, if the mib could see you it was coming after you. It kept you on your toes.
  • Options
    Hell levels from EQ days
    Tyrantor
    Master Assassin
    (Yes same Tyrantor from Shadowbane)
    Book suggestions:
    Galaxy Outlaws books 1-16.5, Metagamer Chronicles, The Land litrpg series, Ready Player One, Zen in the Martial Arts
  • Options
    @PlagueMonk I so heartily agree on this. I've watched all the Intrepid vids and most cities have the majority of the people roaming around doing stuff, I do agree it would be more work but i wish every npc could be doing something even if it's on a certain programmed loop. I.e. shop keeper digs through his wares, then walks around his shop stopping and looking at a random piece then paths back to the front, but he just doesn't sit there, have him/her stretch, look off to the edge of town, dust off his/her clothes and the rinse and repeat.
    Doesn't sound like much but soooooo helps with immersion imo.
  • Options
    I don't want to see rmt for the following:

- Inventory expansions (weight reductions count)
    - XP Boosts
    - extra characters for your account
    - faster travel speeds
    - skill resets
    - level catchups on expansions
    - ability to skip server login queues to those who pay more.
    - improved RNG chances on anything.
    - unlocking world secrets
    - gear repair.
  • Options
    I don’t want to see a “one size fits all” AI system. Aggro ranges, flee v fight thresholds, backing up other mobs, and leashing systems should all be variable between different mobs types.

“I’m dead inside” raid bosses who hear you coming through slaughtering their underlings and yet don’t even pause to assist. At least have the BBEG doing some ritual or something that explains why they don’t bother defending their stronghold.

Ditto on the no Pay for “Convenience” bullcrap. Customers should never be intentionally annoyed just so a company can offer paid “solutions” instead of fixing the problems (looking at you ESO).

I don’t want to see tank builds out dueling the majority of dps builds in 1v1s (looking at you again ESO).

I don’t want raw healing to be more meaningful than buffs. At the same time, content should demand healers to handle the ambient damage, and not just be 3000AD One-Shot montage material or Completely Negligible. (another long disappointed look at ESO)

I don’t want to see zergs being able to all auto-target hyper burst one guy with tab abilities. Same-spell damage fall off should be steep to prevent class-stacked zerg abuse.
  • Options
    People whining about open world PvP.
  • Options
    JamationJamation Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I don't want to see repetitive or barren landscapes for the sake of making the world bigger. I'd rather the world be smaller and more intricate then have a lot of the same thing with slightly different colors, or vast empty regions. Some places, like a desert, can still be "empty" and done well with detail.