Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Game operation performance,Game environment, numerical gap

The game operation performance has also been mentioned before. The game operation performance of the sword spirit, the Elder Scrolls, etc. are unforgettable, because their operation process and feel are first-class.
I have also seen in your battle royale mode that the operation is also unforgettable, but in MMO, this operation will remind people of the previous failed game works, when a game’s operation performance is insufficient, the player’s first The senses will greatly reduce your interest in this game. If you can't innovate a new operating environment, you should use other games to make up for your shortcomings instead of stubbornness.
In my opinion, the future games will be more free and more humane. The premise of these freedoms is that if the first step is not achieved, it will be greatly reduced if the player feels perfect in the game planning.
In the stand-alone games of the 3A masterpiece, their operating environment is unforgettable, why don't you use it rationally or improve it.
In AOC, for example, when the normal attack is not locked, this attack mode makes people feel that it does not match the game at all, and makes people feel very abrupt. Is this an in-game operation?
In AOC, we can see the shadows of many games, such as the ancient century, Sword Gods Animation, etc. If you want to make the game more perfect, why not continue to absorb the excellent games, but develop your own Puzzled?
In the Shahe game, you should slow down the progress of the game to make the player more immersed in it, and increase the difficulty of the game, instead of letting the game develop quickly means fast death, which will make the game more than the loss. Players want to get their own equipment. I hope that I have my own world in the game. When the game level gap is too large, resulting in the equipment value gap being too large, most players will have no sense of experience, and interlocking will also lead to players’ Drain. So why not find a solution, such as reducing the value of game equipment, so that the gap between new players and top players will not be too large, so that everyone can have their own value in the game,

Comments

• Options
    The above are purely personal views, but please also the official carefully consider the current situation of the game, settle for the present or change the share of MMORPG
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hi ashleyyn,
    Welcome to the AoC forums!
    Can I ask what language you normally speak? Some sentences are difficult to understand :'(
    There might be someone on the forums who can understand your native language :)

I think your first point about "operation performance" is what we call "combat system"? Tell me if I'm wrong!
    The combat system for the MMO is undergoing major design work. Today, the developers said we might see it near the end of alpha1 testing phase. Maybe April 2021? It will use both tab-targetting (locked attack) and free action (not locked). They take inspiration from the game called Guild Wars 2

The gap between new player equipment and experienced players is difficult to understand so early. However, you will be able to dismantle new player equipment into basic resources. Then you can use the resources to make or maintain high level equipment.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    The above are purely personal views, but please also the official carefully consider the current situation of the game, settle for the present or change the share of MMORPG
    maouw wrote: »
    Hi ashleyyn,
    Can I ask what language you normally speak? Some sentences are difficult to understand :'(

I think your first point about "operation performance" is what we call "combat system"? Tell me if I'm wrong!
    The combat system for the MMO is undergoing major design work. Today, the developers said we might see it near the end of alpha1 testing phase. Maybe April 2021? It will use both tab-targetting (locked attack) and free action (not locked). They take inspiration from the game called Guild Wars 2

The gap between new player equipment and experienced players is difficult to understand so early. However, you will be able to dismantle new player equipment into basic resources. Then you can use the resources to make or maintain high level equipment.

In the combat system, if there are multiple choices, it will bring multiple problems. Some problems may be more serious. Although multiple choices can make people selective, they sometimes backfire. Multiple choices will make the combat system incoherent and unhuman. Although the single combat system is single, you can make changes in skills to make the combat system better
    Why not adapt skills to these options? Instead of multiple choices? how do you feel?
    The combat system in your battle royale mode is very brilliant, why not incorporate this combat system into it instead of opening up new options. How about making players feel that they have received the speed blog?
    On the other hand, in the non-locked state of AOC, people feel that this combat system does not match AOC, which is equivalent to two games. The skill state is like the most primitive game without game features, which is offensive.
    I am a loyal MMORPG player, and I also hope that a better game will be born. Looking at the current MMORPG games, I feel that many game planners are as if they have never played games before, or are designing randomly like babies, instead of Make the game better step by step. I hope you can be better in MMORPG, learn your lesson, listen to the voice of the players to make the game better.
  • Options
    ashleyyn wrote: »
    Hi ashleyyn,

In the combat system, if there are multiple choices, it will bring multiple problems. Some problems may be more serious. Although multiple choices can make people selective, they sometimes backfire. Multiple choices will make the combat system incoherent and unhuman. Although the single combat system is single, you can make changes in skills to make the combat system better
    Why not adapt skills to these options? Instead of multiple choices? how do you feel?
    The combat system in your battle royale mode is very brilliant, why not incorporate this combat system into it instead of opening up new options. How about making players feel that they have received the speed blog?
    On the other hand, in the non-locked state of AOC, people feel that this combat system does not match AOC, which is equivalent to two games. The skill state is like the most primitive game without game features, which is offensive.
    I am a loyal MMORPG player, and I also hope that a better game will be born. Looking at the current MMORPG games, I feel that many game planners are as if they have never played games before, or are designing randomly like babies, instead of Make the game better step by step. I hope you can be better in MMORPG, learn your lesson, listen to the voice of the players to make the game better.
    Hi ashleyyn,

I am from China, usually in Chinese
    Have you heard of BLESS in Korea? The combat skills of the early version are similar to AOC's current skill process, which is not satisfactory. However, the planning feels perfect, and the planning does not experience the game, resulting in extremely unbalanced combat performance, and no changes are made. Player feedback It was also useless, leading to a subsequent reset.
    I hope you can refer to the combat performance of the current 3A games. Many 3A games have very good combat performance.
    The current combat performance of AOC is really unsatisfactory
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    The current combat performance of AOC is really unsatisfactory
    Ashes is currently in pre-alpha state.

It is not supposed to be satisfactory at this point in development.

• Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @ashleyyn It is amazing to me that I could tell Chinese is your first language based on your the order of the words in your sentences, and the words you use.

The power gap between players gear is something that is not yet fully known in AOC. They have a target gear power to player skill ratio they are aiming for. I think they are on the right track currently. This topic has be argued a lot on these forums. It is not something that can ever be perfect, but they are on there way to having a good balance.

Not being able to lock onto targets is a feature. It means that you have to aim your attacks manually, and other players can dodge manually. This is a good thing because it empowers player skill.

They already have a vision for the combat system. It is a vision that many people want. If you don't like the combat system that is fine, but I would not expect it to change. I don't want it to change. You say they the combat system is insufficient. I would say the combat system is exactly sufficient.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    It's good that you are giving feedback too!

There are people here who have already raised your concerns:
    • "tab-target vs free action combat": link, link, link. The designers of the AoC battle royale mode said that their original system had a big problem. They wanted to remake it. That is why this game was delayed this year. I personally prefer not-locked combat. Other people disagree. Hybrid combat is the plan.
    • "Combat system is unsatisfactory": link, link, etc. The designers are aware of this problem and are already working to change it. They have said in recent videos that the combat is placeholder. Let's give more feedback when they show us the new combat system next year.

For your other points:
    • "many game planners are as if they have never played games before": We all agree. Steven is the CEO of this game and is personally funding the whole project. He thinks the MMORPG community has become like a bruised and wounded puppy, abused by money hungry projects. His favourite MMO was Lineage 2. He takes inspiration from his gaming experience. You can read more about his philosophy for the game here: link. This is why many of us are hopeful and cheering for the designers.
    • "skill state is like the most primitive game": Correct. This is because the system was redesigned after the battle royale mode. Currently this game is entering alpha stage testing. Normally, alpha stage testing is not available for the public to see. This is the initial prototype of the basic systems. The combat system is a work-in-progress. Next year, they will hire 30 (?) people to expand the team. Game launch will not happen for a few years.

At the moment there is no community support for asian countries. Nice effort crossing the language barrier! Maybe you can create the chinese community support? Some people have already begun translating the wiki here: link
  • Options

• "tab-target vs free action combat": link, link, link. The designers of the AoC battle royale mode said that their original system had a big problem. They wanted to remake it. That is why this game was delayed this year. I personally prefer not-locked combat. Other people disagree. Hybrid combat is the plan.
    • "Combat system is unsatisfactory": link, link, etc. The designers are aware of this problem and are already working to change it. They have said in recent videos that the combat is placeholder. Let's give more feedback when they show us the new combat system next year.

For your other points:
    • "many game planners are as if they have never played games before": We all agree. Steven is the CEO of this game and is personally funding the whole project. He thinks the MMORPG community has become like a bruised and wounded puppy, abused by money hungry projects. His favourite MMO was Lineage 2. He takes inspiration from his gaming experience. You can read more about his philosophy for the game here: link. This is why many of us are hopeful and cheering for the designers.
    • "skill state is like the most primitive game": Correct. This is because the system was redesigned after the battle royale mode. Currently this game is entering alpha stage testing. Normally, alpha stage testing is not available for the public to see. This is the initial prototype of the basic systems. The combat system is a work-in-progress. Next year, they will hire 30 (?) people to expand the team. Game launch will not happen for a few years.

At the moment there is no community support for asian countries. Nice effort crossing the language barrier! Maybe you can create the chinese community support? Some people have already begun translating the wiki here: link

I also want to create a Chinese community, but I do not understand the information feeling comprehensive enough, feel that my ability is still not enough, because when I learned of this AOC is very late!
  • Options

For your other points:

AOC's current combat mode is not supported because when the game experience is rich, you will feel that there will be a deficiency in dual mode, so why not multi-mode under single mode? Combat mode in MMORPG means the fluency of your skills, and while I don't understand what you're thinking, you might think there are a number of options under dual mode, but it also means that multiple vulnerabilities need to be improved. In a single-mode battle, it is also possible to achieve multi-mode, but also to make the battle more flow why not? Don't you think the attack mode in a lock-free state feels clunky and doesn't quite fit the game? But the single-mode battle mode in the AOC arena is great, shouldn't the future direction of the game be related to this? Shouldn't future games give players more freedom and choice?
  • Options

For your other points:

AOC's current combat mode is not supported because when the game experience is rich, you will feel that there will be a deficiency in dual mode, so why not multi-mode under single mode? Combat mode in MMORPG means the fluency of your skills, and while I don't understand what you're thinking, you might think there are a number of options under dual mode, but it also means that multiple vulnerabilities need to be improved. In a single-mode battle, it is also possible to achieve multi-mode, but also to make the battle more flow why not? Don't you think the attack mode in a lock-free state feels clunky and doesn't quite fit the game? But the single-mode battle mode in the AOC arena is great, shouldn't the future direction of the game be related to this? Shouldn't future games give players more freedom and choice?

In the 3A game players can experience the game flow of the battle mode, and their combat mode is excellent, and will slowly improve, so that the game experience is better, so as to better understand the game, when a game's combat mode is not in the state, the player's first reaction will feel that the game is not very good, thereby reducing the player's interest in the game. The battle of the game is often exciting, if the good fight will make people interested in the game greatly increased. I grew up playing a lot of games, China, the United States, South Korea, most of the games in Europe I have played, feel the lack of each, the current market sophisticated MMORPG feel to be extinct, really hope to have a game to change all this, when I saw the AOC I am interested in this game, but see the battle mode feel a little lost, but still reported expectations. If you need a game tester, maybe I can do it.
  • Options

For your other points:

I also want to create a Chinese community, but I do not understand the information feeling comprehensive enough, feel that my ability is still not enough, because when I learned of this AOC is very late!

Ah. It is difficult!

For your other points:

I want fluency of abilities too! However, we should wait and see. We will see what the developers create and test it next year :)

For your other points:

In the 3A game players can experience the game flow of the battle mode, and their combat mode is excellent, and will slowly improve, so that the game experience is better, so as to better understand the game, when a game's combat mode is not in the state, the player's first reaction will feel that the game is not very good, thereby reducing the player's interest in the game. The battle of the game is often exciting, if the good fight will make people interested in the game greatly increased. I grew up playing a lot of games, China, the United States, South Korea, most of the games in Europe I have played, feel the lack of each, the current market sophisticated MMORPG feel to be extinct, really hope to have a game to change all this, when I saw the AOC I am interested in this game, but see the battle mode feel a little lost, but still reported expectations. If you need a game tester, maybe I can do it.

Yes. Combat mode is fundamental for AOC. Recent MMORPG games combat is extinct. I agree also.

Currently, only people who signed up in 2017 have access to alpha 1 testing. Alpha 1 testing has a non-disclosure agreement (NDA). NDA will be removed 19 March 2021.
    Today you can purchase access for alpha 2 testing (we call it "alpha key"). Beware it is expensive. There is no date announced for alpha 2 testing.

After alpha1 and alpha2 testing there will be beta1 and beta2 testing. Lots of testing for feedback!
    I have great hope for AOC. The combat also.