Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Friday, January 29, 2021 at 11AM PST

Comments

• Options
    Will there be content that scales infinitely regarding difficulty? Like a tower that you have to ascend.
  • Options
    Can you elaborate on the combat you want to achieve, regarding terms like movement, fluidity, impact etc and what these terms mean to you and if you can/want draw comparisons to existing games?
    Stoic. Tradition. Forge. :
    tumblr_my6no12Xrg1s5muieo1_500.gif
    Kappa

• Options
    TruthfoolTruthfool Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 2021
    what type of quest/reward system if any will there be for guilds, mayors or kings/queens ? how would it run?
    thank you and happye 2021 to all of you

Just to clarify I'm wondering about 2 things:
    1-quest that players who become personalities in AOC will be given because they are mayor/queen/etc
    2- quest/reward that they can give/create because of the status they have
    Eldritch Harbingers
    We follow the truth of the True gods, wherever she leads us
  • Options
    Sum12hateSum12hate Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 2021
    So on the wiki I see that mounts are an early gateway into animal husbandry does that mean breeding battle pets is a possibility?
  • Options
    Any plans to add floating chat bubbles? Personally, I think they are really useful for spacial awareness and knowing who is talking. I find them really useful for RP and player interaction in general (With an option to disable for those who find it to be too much clutter)
  • Options
    Have there been any thoughts into allowing shops to be set up in nodes and sending notifications out to players through a mobile app that they have a customer? Possibly even having an interface in the app to allow communication/buying/selling at that shop? Reach goal of doing the same for actual crafting, stationary gathering like a fishing game in the app, etc?

Allowing us to interact with the game through a mobile app in any way is welcome, as it will keep us involved in the game while we spend hours waiting at the store for our spouse who has way too many coupons...
    2r2ad09r3yug.jpg
  • Options
    TheeWhiteTheeWhite Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    Hi, I am from Brazil and I would like to know if the level of participation of South America members in the AoC community got higher to the point that AoC Team are considering this server region, or apart from that, if it will be considered based in some internal player projection.
    (please say yes)
  • Options
    arkileoarkileo Member, Settler, Kickstarter
    In other MMOs, players more frequently choose to play humans than any other race. Since a node's architecture is determined by the most popular race of its resident players, is there any concern there will be very few non-human nodes? Further, is there any concern that human nodes will be dominated by Kaelar since the more Western European-esque race might be more appealing to a Western audience?
  • Options
    What happens when all citizens in a node revoke their citizenship? In response to an overbearing mayor, for example.
  • Options
    Hello!
    You have a lot of in-game cosmetic items up for grabs that changes monthly. Now I like real life collectibles and I'm wondering if you're planning to release a "physical pack" (i know the game has no box cost) closer to launch with physical items like art book, photos and/or some kind of statue/figurine and so on?
  • Options
    Will there be a wardrobe system, somewhat like blade and soul? The wardrobe system in that game had every cosmetic in one spot, the system would let you store pieces you obtained in the wardrobe at anytime. It would also tell you if the cosmetic was buyable in the cash shop, or where its found in the game as well as let you try pieces you didn't have on so you could mix match and find what you wanted.
  • Options
    When can we expect to see or know more about bard and summoner?
  • Options
    I have a concern regarding raid difficulty scaling.
    From what I've gathered, If you more or less speedrun the raid, you'll recieve greater rewards than by performing poorly as a group
    Now my question is: are the "greater rewards" an increased amount of gear and reagents dropped by the boss, or will, for example, a sword that was dropped deal more damage?
    d667vmr1hk6r.png
  • Options
    Is it a wise choice to stick to the Tank/dps/healer trinity? as an ambitious game with a sometimes really realistic style/gameplay, the trinity doesn't seem to fit and has show its limits in the past. Also, when it comes to fighting, tanking and healing spec/classes are quiet ridiculous, screaming at a target and chanting healing melodies to your comrades is "Has been" af. Would never work in reality.
  • Options
    TwigeteTwigete Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    One game I played had a thing called thumpers I loved playing them and would like to see you if you can add theme to your game. but for gathering skill only, so a high level miner can get this item randomly or crafting and can only use it on a special node, the special node will be randomly hard to find, when placing it on the node for like 2-5 min it will mine the node and had a change to extract special mats from it at a high rate than normal mining can, but while it doing so random mobs will spawn and try to destroy it, so you have to stop them from destroying it, at the same time if people come to help you the more spawn will come, at the same time if people help you protect it they can get part of the loot when down also loot from the mobs, but there nothing stopping people from killing you and taking things
    Gathering profession mining -node, lumbering, a very big rare tree, fishing a pool of fish, gathering- special rare plant, taming, an animal nest will span random animal to tame or kill and change to get a rare/special on,
  • Options
    (My name is pronounced Celestial Dreamer ;) )

Hi Team,
    I hope you've been enjoying our crazy CA weather or at least staying dry during "Storm Watch 2021". I also want to say that I fall more in love with Ashes each time I read a new article or watch a new video and I'm spreading Ashes Fever among my Guildmates. We are very excited!

Question:
    What do we know about Guild Structure? I.E. Ranks within a Guild: Leader > Second in Command > Generals > Officers, etc... And will the allotted amount of each rank available vary with Guild size?

Kinship.png

• Options
    NatheireanNatheirean Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What will the progression path be like for players who join servers late or for players who create alts months down the line? Will nodes already being significantly progressed allow for higher quality gear to drop faster for those players? And will we be able to freely trade resources between all characters on our account that are on the same server
  • Options
    Hey, I know there won't be addons allowed but will there be some sort of damage meter?
  • Options
    Will your animators please seek some inspiration from Black desert online Animators? because clearly they are overloading everything with to much "POWER" and impact, but i dont want my low shit skills to look like this D:
  • Options
    PastaChefPastaChef Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited January 2021
    Will the taming skill be based on violent encounters? Or can I be a Disney Verra princess that makes friends with all the animals? (Most games involve some sort of trapping or violent taming mechanism and very few avenues for interacting with the wildlife.)
    Vxh6cti.png
  • Options
    HjerimHjerim Member, Leader of Men, Alpha One
    Barad wrote: »
    Hey, I know there won't be addons allowed but will there be some sort of damage meter?

Nope. sorry.
  • Options
    This might be thinking too far in the future, but what will be Intrepid's approach when it comes to out-dated content. Removed, revised, left for posterity?
  • Options
    How are you going to provide crafted gear that is on par with raid gear without recipes and materials being locked behind raid encounters? You talked about crafting being on par with raid gear. However; if the materials to create this crafted gear drops from raid encounters, that's not crafted gear. That's raid gear with extra steps.
  • Options
    FlokiiFlokii Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    QUESTION FOR STREAM PLEASE :smile:

Regarding Paths & Roads: In some of the early footage, it shows that many dirt paths and tracks already exist in the world. Will paths be pre-generated or will they be dynamic and come into existence depending on player movement and activity?
    dlEUUUn.png
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited January 2021
    What are your plans for how fast you want the combat to be? We know the TTK you're aiming for is 30-60 seconds, but what about the speed of combat? Is your end goal slower feeling combat like FF14, or faster like ArcheAge for a tab combat example or BDO for action?
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    HartwellHartwell Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited January 2021
    We've seen things such as windmills, but we have never heard if something such as a milling profession exist. Are there any other professions you want to add to the list of confirmed professions?
  • Options
    ErilumErilum Member
    edited January 2021
    Hi guys !
    I hope you're going well. I don't know if it has been asked before : How nodes are going to be named ?
    If an elven metropolis is destroyed, and later replaced by an human village, I'd expect its name to be different.
    Will each node have a predetermined name with 8 variants ?
    Or the players who participated in its growth will have some sort of influence ?
  • Options
    I have two questions

#1: If the developers had to choose between homogeneous racial characteristics (aka all racial differences are purely aesthetic, not mechanical), and the added complications of balancing racial abilities or augments or whatever the final route you guys are going to go with it, which do you think you're more likely to do at this point in time?

#2: How far away are we from seeing more concrete information on the augment system, roughly?
  • Options
    What are some of the upgrades or abilities for guilds who choose a smaller size?