Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Friday, January 29, 2021 at 11AM PST

Comments

• Options
    RileyRiley Member, Intrepid Pack
    If the game is meant to support 500 players in the same location, what happens when 1000 show up?

Is lag the deterrent? Or will there be other measures in place?
  • Options
    Hello Ashes Team!

I'm new to MMOs but want to start playing and learning about them. How player friendly will AOC be to players who are newer to the MMORPG genre and how much time should it take to become accustomed to the AOC's gameplay, mechanics, and overall elements. Thanks!!!
  • Options
    Hello,
    What kind of Parlor games will there be? (for example card games, chess or Ashes of Creation originals?)
    giphy-downsized-large.gif
  • Options
    Dante MachiavelliDante Machiavelli Member, Alpha One
    A touch of worry on the 50,000 records to 10,000 simultaneous players proportion - how are you going to guarantee the main weeks/months of the game are not just individuals stuck in line; and how does this work given the ideal time thought for booked occasions?
    ooh ooh oowa oowa
    -tenor.gif
  • Options
    Will the game have gliders and wings like in Archeage? Not for flying, but for gliding.
  • Options
    OkamiOkami Member
    edited January 2021
    in regards to animal husbandry, will I be able to breed my animals together to make better offspring and in turn, better animal byproducts? For example, I have two 'silver' quality Jersey cows and they have a baby, due to my care and attention the baby passes an RNG check and is dubbed 'gold' quality which allows it to later produce better quality milk, cream, meat, hide, etc.
  • Options
    KuldjuxKuldjux Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will there be spider mounts?
    BamUhO9_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
  • Options
    Hi from Italy !

Unit collision will be a "thing" in pvp?
    for example: shield wall blocking an entrance

ty
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 2021
    Hi Team! Stay safe and much love!

Can you elaborate a bit on one or more of the following Animal Husbandry topics?
    • Is inbreeding going to be a factor in Animal Husbandry, or can siblings mate without penalty?
    • Assuming males/females exist, will the spawn ratio be 50/50?
    • How many babies can each animal make?
  • Options
    For newer players who may take longer to get their 'sea legs' , or players who start after the initial release, or players who realize they've made a mistake in their character build and would like to change, what will be the opportunities to develop into an influential character with a house of significance? Will we be able to switch servers, or will there be widespread apocalypses that realign the levels of power back to a range where a low level or new player will be able to grow significantly?
    I can also see a scenario building where non-guilded players will be actively discriminated against because of their choices. What safeguards, if any, will be in place to allow an enjoyable experience for players who prefer to generally go it alone?
  • Options
    DarakrisDarakris Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2021
    Will you add features to share your house, decorate?
  • Options
    AquableAquable Member
    edited January 2021
    I'm wondering if those that have already purchased a pre-order pack will be given the opportunity to pay the cash difference between their current level and a higher level to receive the additional rewards from the time they purchased it.

For example, if someone bought a wayfarer pack in Nov 2020, will they be given an opportunity to pay more money to upgrade to a voyager plus pack from the same month (Nov 2020)?

Thanks for all you do Steven and development team. I am rooting for you here in Salt Lake City and cant wait to explore this amazing new world with all of you.
  • Options
    Could I expect to see an up to date trailer or overview like the lazy peons with confirmed highlights on the game?
    Super excited for ashes to release, building a PC just for it! Thanks for all the hard work you all are putting in for us!
  • Options
    Hey AoC-team,

Unpopular question here : I read in the wiki that we may have controller support for AoC. I like to play MMOs on controller IF the system is well thought like FFXIV where you can comfortably bind 32+ skills. Could we have some general information about it ? (Will it be ready for Alpha1-2/Beta ? Will there be a different UI available ?...etc,...)

Love what you are doing ! Keep up the good work :)
  • Options
    Hi there,

Will you give us the possibility to make in-game add-ons like in wow? I'm thinking about some kind of API for data access and some kind of scripting language support for user interface.
  • Options
    Most important question of all: Will there be pet interactions?
    Like if I had a hawk pet, will it sit on my shoulder for example. Can I pet it. Will it interact with it's surroundings. (Cosmetic pets specifically.)

It's always cool to have a unique companion at your side but if it's just walking after you it's pretty boring and after a while I tend to forget I even have the pet because it's just that irrelevant. I think that's even more important if a whole artisan class is dedicated to animal husbandry.
  • Options
    How do you intend to keep "older zones" relevant while simultaneously not implementing level scaling for zones? What hinders the world from becoming a wasteland as player crowd certain "end game" areas? God speed intrepid!
  • Options
    KlawKlaw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Regarding camera angles and UI settings:
    Can we expect to have some extended options where we can hide/show parts of the UI elements and view the world in different camera angles?

This would enable content creators to capture beautifull cinematics in the world of Verra. <3
  • Options
    Will there be any way to protect yourself as a small guild against larger guilds without relying on other guilds and alliances?
  • Options
    SoggyBandaidSoggyBandaid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hello IS team! My question is, what (if any) in game meaning will a character's surname/family name indicate?

Some Background: I tried asking this question last month, but I didn't phrase it well, so Toast couldn't answer it. On the AoC wiki: "Characters can have a first name and an optional surname (family name)". Family name links to the AoC wiki Families page. "Families are a means to relate up to 8 characters" and "a character may only belong to one family at a time." I am curious if the optional family name will be shared by the 8 characters in an in-game family. Some other possibilities are: a surname will be shared by all characters from a single account, a surname will be shared by all characters from a single node, a surname can be earned from achievements, a family name can be shared by all members of a guild, or the surname is just a name and the wiki hyperlink should probably be removed.
  • Options
    MazterrooMazterroo Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hi,

I'm very much a showoff when it comes to games because I like to be proud of the things I've achieved but it doesn't hold as much weight unless I can show people what I've done.
    What I'm wondering is will there be a form of accolades and banners or tittles associated with the given accolade, Eg once I've killed 500 best type creatures I get a title called "beast slayer" and will these accolades be capped or will you be able to see the lifetime metric?
  • Options
    What about pay to win. You have free trade system. How will you stop people from bots. Will you ban people who get gold from bots too?
  • Options
    Far the sake of immersion, will there be (not combat oriented) visibility advantages or disadvantages based on the terrain, the light, the race, the class or the items (torches, lamps, artificial light), just like in the game-play where the mage need to use an orb so she can see clearly in the dungeon or that was only for the aesthetic of the moment?
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    How does choosing a double archetype like Cleric-Cleric affect your skills? Are they modified in a similar way as the other secondary archetypes, or do they just enhance the current skill description (reduces cooldown timers, increases heal power, etc)?

For example: Benediction chain heals up to 3 targets. Would a High Priest just enhance the heal, or maybe the heal would bounce extra times? Or would High Priest modify it differently, like targets affected by Benediction get a Heal Over Time effect or increased armor?
  • Options
    VECNAVECNA Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    CLERIC SPECIALTY SPELL or SPELLS? ....... NOT AUGMENTS
    I want to know if the different GOD's will each have their own SPECIALTY SPELL and not just dam augments?

Example:
    Goddess of Love: CHARM SPELL
    Goddess of Creation: XXXXXXXXX
    Goddess of Fate: TIME SPELL
    God of Hope: LUCK SPELL
    God of Truth: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
  • Options
    I have two questions, if both can't be answered, pick either or, depending on what topics might have been broached already.

1 - Will there be an option to respec our skills? Considering much of the final classes will be subject to trial and error as we won't have all the informations before actually trying them and feeling how they play, it would be good to be able to modify our choices so we don't have to create a new character to get what we wanted.

2 - Will players be able to create macros ? Not sure on which side of the fence I fall on macros, but the information could be useful to others.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    Will there be an in-game note system that will allow us to track interactions with a player? For example, "Killed me and looted caravan on X date", or "Owner of the best Tavern in town".

Thank you!
  • Options
    Assuming the footprint of a metropolis will be much larger than a village, will freeholds be forced to move further away as the node levels? Or will freehold location options be stagnant from node level 3 -> 6?
  • Options
    HeruwolfHeruwolf Member
    edited January 2021
    Given the focus on interdependencies of the different professions, someone who focuses on Animal Husbandry will most likely be dependent on both Farmers, for feed, and Tamers to replenish their stock/get new or rare genetics into their line. That being said, I want to know if there will be extremely rare creatures that can be tamed only by Master Tamers? Can tamed creatures be potentially stolen from you once tamed like other resources, or will they always be safe once they've been tamed?

Thanks for your time!
  • Options
    We all know this is going the be a subscription-type game, Are there going to have any other options than subscription to play the game ?