Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Friday, January 29, 2021 at 11AM PST

Comments

• Options
    BarabBarab Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Can we get a preview of the revised Dunir bodies ?
    The Dünir Hold Mithril Warhammers,Thanes of the Keelhaul, Dünir scourge of the oceans, Warhammer First Fleet Command of The Dünzenkell Nation, friends to the Dünir Dwarves of the Dünhold.Hammers High!
  • Options
    What did you have in mind when it comes to endgame max health for the current classes? How much HP/MP did you plan for Tank, Mage and Cleric currently?

And hi Toast
  • Options
    If a non-combatant does not become combatant when they attack a corrupted player Wouldn't that mean a corrupted player can't even fight back to defend themselves as they would become more corrupted if they kill the non-corrupted player who initiates combat. Is this your intention?
  • Options
    meedxmeedx Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Since it has been stated there won't be PvP or PvE specific gear types, do you have any plan to deal with power creep?

Steven must remember stats like Crit Dmg % from Arche Age getting out of control being stack-able.

Cheers
  • Options
    ElyEly Member
    edited January 2021
    My question this month is regarding status effects, specifically on duration.

What is the overall idea on how long status effects, positive and negative, will last? Such as from the cleric preview the ability judgement will lower the recipient's damage mitigation. Is this going to last a fleeting 4 or 5 seconds or are we looking at something more substantive like 30 seconds?

My question boils really down to, how much use will status effects be made use of or how much coordination will be needed to get follow up attacks in, in time. As well as if it would even be worth a healer to remove debuffs on players if it will just wear off quicker than it takes to cast it.
  • Options
    NaxxazNaxxaz Member
    edited January 2021
    Question about Naval Content:
    Which of these would best describe your design philosophy for naval content?

A : Crewmembers have roles which only they can perform properly.
    B : Any crew member can perform any role equally.
    C : Crewmembers have roles they excel at, but can perform other roles.
    D : Uncertain / None of these

Bonus Question: As there won't be gunpowder in Ashes, what would you call a powdermonkey?
    UncomfortableDangerousBarracuda-size_restricted.gif
  • Options
    KesarakkKesarakk Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    Do you have any plans, current or future, to introduce server/region-wide threats in the game that would force nodes to work together even if they are currently not friendly to each other? An example would be a horde of undead that sweeps across the map or an ancient terror that is going from node to node destroying what has been built.
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Would it be possible with each monthly update to include an issue of some very general agenda issued at the same time as the schedule notice so that perhaps a portion of these community questions might be pertinent/complementary to the main discussion topic of the day?
  • Options
    ShinasoShinaso Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 2021
    What will happen if the population of a server does not decrease over time and after say 6 months there are still queues during prime time or even other times, will you split servers or do you have another mechanisms in mind?
    c1f5df869c3428999290c2954317ec5f.png[/center]

• Options
    SparkyCJBSparkyCJB Member
    edited January 2021
    Jahlon wrote: »
    A bit of concern on the 50,000 accounts to 10,000 concurrent players ratio - how are you going to ensure the first weeks/months of the game are not simply people stuck in queue; and how does this work given the prime time idea for scheduled events?

I would love this to get answered. But MY question is:

What building/buildings, can the freehold skins be applied to?
  • Options
    UmataUmata Member
    edited January 2021
    Consider this question as also a suggestion ;)

Will ships have some sort of addon (or however you want to implement it) that enables them to lay siege to node walls in the event of a coastal node siege?
    Join our Pirate Crew : the Sharktooth Pirates! Let's have an adventure on the seas of Verra and kill our enemies!

https://discord.gg/gFuVBPdBRa
  • Options
    l3v3rag3l3v3rag3 Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Can we get clarity on the decision for 50k accounts per server? Seems like long queues waiting to happen on launch. Sure, most games have long queues on launch but this seems like you want launch to be rough. I understand having this amount later but at the start it doesnt make much sense
  • Options
    LycancoffeeLycancoffee Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will skills, spells, and gear be coded so that they will have different damage, burst, and control effects, when used against players instead of npcs?
    Many other MMO games face constant struggles to make classes balanced, but still fun in both PvE and PvP while using the same mechanics for both styles of play.
  • Options
    Would there be an implementation of some sort of Treasure Hunting in ashes? if so, how?
  • Options
    Since a player can establish a business, what kind of business can a player establish and can a player create like a bank for other player's money?
  • Options
    For target skills: Will such a thing as an interrupted casting be possible due to target taking cover behind some obstacle, or it will be casted anyway without an effect or will be casted anyway with effect?
    If interrupted - will this still trigger skill recharge timer?
  • Options
    I wish to ask what kinda of play stile will be the necromancer class? And if possible what spells or abilities it will have besides summons
  • Options
    RageclawRageclaw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    How do you plan to deliver quests to players? Will we get subtle hints and general directions or will it be chasing quest markers?
  • Options
    Regarding freeholds, will there be set plots within the node's zone of influence that a freehold can be, or can you place it where you want? If you can, then is there a restriction on how close two freeholds can be, or can you and your friends place your freeholds next to each other and make a small town quite far from the node? Loved watching the development for this game and so excited to play, thank you for making this game.
  • Options
    90Bubbel90Bubbel Member
    edited January 2021
    I have to ask about heavier armor and weaponry, so i know that you dont want super exaggerated armor and weapons, (like world of warcraft) but will there be heavier/bulkier armor? (some examples https://imgur.com/a/4EfYkV2 ) almost like medieval juggernauts and larger weapons like zweihanders or warhammer? I have seen several examples of medium and light armor but no really heavy feeling ones.
  • Options
    MowabyMowaby Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will my character stay in game as a "vendor" if I log out while I am using that system? So I could sell items while I am not actively playing.
  • Options
    Will Classes(architypes combinations) have their own unique passive perks and mechanics or only skill morphs?
  • Options
    ArgantisArgantis Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    We know that the server events will be based on regional times. For instance U.S. East servers will tend to schedule events based on what the peak hours / playtimes are for people in that region. However, some of us have established gaming communities that are coming to Ashes from other games that did not have this concern with world / server events being on a schedule. Is there any chance of having a hybrid server in each major region to accommodate player communities that have players spread across different time zones?

For example, In the U.S. Region there could be a server in the Central region that rotates event times by week or month, whatever makes sense game design wise. There could even be a lore tie in to that world having something going on with their sun(s) and or moon(s) and how it affects the amount of light / dark, etc.
  • Options
    McMackMuckMcMackMuck Member
    edited January 2021
    I don't ever want to queue up to play. I don't think anyone ever enjoys queuing.

[QUESTION]
    If you allow 50k accounts on a server and only allow 10k players at once how are you going to manage prime time events?

[OPINION]
    With F2P=P2W games then queuing is still annoying, but perhaps, less of an issue, because the game is FREE to play and you can't really ask for a refund if you've paid nothing. The expectation is less because you paid less.

If you are paying monthly then you have an expectation of getting something for that money.
    Then the issue becomes "Pay to play" vs. "Pay to queue"; how much is an individual prepared to queue?, how much should they be expected to queue? This expectation needs to be managed by Intrepid Studios and I'm sure they've at least considered an approach to this for the Terms of Service. For instance, if the server is fully active then will the player who has been logged in the longest get kicked out to make space for someone who has been queuing for 5 minutes? If Intrepid Studios can let the community know how queuing will be handled then the community can decide how they feel about queuing. Until then it's an unknown quantity, making it more difficult to get hyped about AoC.

From my layman's perspective it seems, to avoid queues and the potentially disproportionate negative press they generate, more sensible to start with 10k accounts and only add more accounts to a server when there is enough server-specific usage data to justify the change.

Also, obviously, every time you add new content there will be an uptick in concurrent users.
    Forum_Signature.png
  • Options
    I'd like some clarification on class skills and their identity. I view it as being somewhat unfair that (for example) the Necromancer has been given "Skeleton Summons" to complete the class fantasy but other classes are not confirmed to have this kind of detail?

I would like to know if a Falconer is getting a Falcon, a Siren can do Siren things, for example. And if not why you think it's acceptable to only detail the Necromancer, or other summoner classes, and not other types?

Furthermore, won't the Necromancer have a secondary look of "Summoner + Holy augments" which might typically summon some kind of celestial / holy minions? What can be expected in that regard?
  • Options
    Have you ever considered a gladiator style type of pvp(for top rankers only to avoid noob matches) in a Military node? I read that there's a possibility of spectating in arena, alongside this feature player may place their bets between the two opposing group/individuals.
  • Options
    Does the Vanguard's Hammer mount barding cosmetic work with horses or only with the Amethyst Boughbite?
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 2021
    What responsibilities will a Mayor have towards other nodes?

Are there any plans for deeper relationships between nodes?
    e.g. tariffs and trade deals, outsourcing jobs to other specialized nodes (like getting improved NPC guards from a nearby military node), inter-nodal alliances?
    I ask because of the thread on Node Wars.

Somewhat related: Will nodes spend resources from the treasury to upgrade/maintain roads to other nodes?

I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    Have you considered enabling crafters to unlock the ability to name their creations and control the esthetic appearance of their crafted items with appropriate resources? I suggest this because I think skillful crafters creating brands would add a lot to the game.
  • Options
    Hi, I'm new and this looks fun. Looking forward to following along and hope you can answer my question:

Have you considered using a cryptocurrency in AoC?

With advances in NFT's every copper/gold/platinum or unique item can be tracked, traded, controlled and modified. I've been following crypto since Bitcoin's genesis and now the tools are present to have greater control over a virtual world's economy. Without shilling any particular one, there are now many platforms that do smart contracts and non-fungible tokens. Some of these platforms are being built specifically for gaming. Thanks for your time!