Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Friday, January 29, 2021 at 11AM PST

Comments

• digitalwinddigitalwind Member, Intrepid Pack
    What will housing be like under the Marriage system? Will housing be separate our merged in some way?
  • ZettrexZettrex Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Regarding multivboxing, as a player Who like to multi box the legit way of having a character do some afk/less active stuff when i play on my main.

I accept and aprove of the no multiclienting on same hw, and no wm. As it removes alot of hard work Regarding botters.

I like to have 2 seperate computers but using a software like synergy where its a virtual KVM software where it ads the second computer as a new screen sort off. (easier to research it then for me to explain) but would this be allowed or not?

Advantages are people can multi box with same keyboard and mouse.

Disadvantage it can cause some challenges detecting between input as botting inputs or actual hw inputs.
  • KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Are you able to give us any insight on guild organization/customization? I am looking to heavily decidate my time to growing an actual community within AOC and am curious on what tools will be at my disposal to better organize this community.

Naturally, I would also like to know if there is any way to get my guild members onto the same server as AOC comes closer to launch. This would indeed destroy us if there is not a way.
  • Steven you're a big lore guy... what's up with the air pirouettes? Is it the mark of an arch mage to do a 720 mid air?
  • EloElo Member
    edited January 2021
    Do I have access to a personal warehouse storage location only in my citizenship node, or do I have access to separate personal warehouse storage in basically every node?
  • The_Gaming_ButlerThe_Gaming_Butler Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 2021
    Thank you to the whole team for all the amazing work on the game thus far!

First question: with limited fast travel options, do you see regular occurrences of people needing to ride for an hour+ to go get to something important, like a dungeon or world boss?

Second question: with figures floating around like 45 days to level one character, do you have any mechanics in place to cultivate alt character friendliness? examples: level boosts after first character reaches max level, bonus xp gear for alts, etc.

Thank you!

Ashes of Creation News can be found on The Gaming Butler News Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP31ixSBO7GHKLBefWVcJaA
  • Neospy77Neospy77 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I can't wait to see more development of the rogue class line, they are my favorite class to play in an MMO.

My question, though:

Given the current desire to maintain the "Trinity" system of tank-cleric-DPS, what are the team's plans to make sure the game doesn't bottleneck for the tank and healer in group/raid formation for content? I like playing a tank, I've been main raid tank for my guild in most of my games that I've played (for RIFT I was rogue and main tank.) My wife likes to play healers which often makes building a group simple for us. However, many of my DPS-preferred friends struggle to find slots to get into content. Dark Age of Camelot was also eight man party size with easily filled DPS slots, but there were 20-30 players trying to get into those six slots (during it's prime.)

I'm not sure if the summoner is going to be a boon or hindrance to this system. I would hope that a well-played and appropriately geared Rogue/Tank would make a better tank option than a summoner tank pet. I think I've read that X/cleric will only allow for self heals.

I am worried that 70% of people will play a summoner, be forced into playing a tank/X, or struggle through as cleric/X even though they dislike those roles just to find a group for high-end party content

I do NOT feel every class should be able to do any role, but only having one real tank/X option and one real cleric/X option will hinder many people's ability to take part in party content. Previous statements indicate the content is ideally involving each of the eight classes. I hope you don't assume the game's population will naturally sort themselves out evenly into each of the eight main classes.

I feel the lack of fast travel and teleports, while awesome and I personally support this, will exacerbate this bottleneck if a node doesn't have any cleric/X or tank/X at hand.

In summary, I'm hoping that the majority of content will allow more than 1/8th of class options to fill the tank or healer roles.
  • Seeing as how classes are very fluid in this game when it comes to playstyle, weapons, and armor, will certain classes have abilities that are weapon locked, ie: a ranger having to use a bow for certain moves, a mage having to use a wand or staff for casting, or a fighter having a cleave that only works with two handed weapons.
  • Since the game is subscription based if people miss out on payment or not pay for a decent amount of time will their account be deleted or will they still be able to resubscribe and get their account back?
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will we get higher class undead summons (Wights, Liches, Ghosts, etc.), or are we stuck with skeletons and zombies?
  • How will you avoid that a server has many inactive characters, for whatever reason, if I cannot pay monthly payments for a while, will my character be deleted? Or what plan do you have to avoid that maybe a server has too many characters which are not being used?
  • What are the odds we can create our own, customizable NPCS? Something we can nurture, grow alongside, and fully equip. With the ability of granting them titles, the same as the Player. Assuming they meet the same criteria.
    This would be an amazing side project to give the player another identity.
  • zanpazanpa Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    My question is about Ashes localization plans.
    Gonna be more than one language available at the start?
  • For servers in North America at launch is the plan still to have East Coast, Central, and West Coast time zones for those prime-time events?
  • What is the Ashes of Creation world going to look like for an altoholic? Will there be a way to easily swap items between alts? And will there be limits to playing many characters?
  • Sorry if this has already been asked before. In terms of gear progression and general player strength, is it hard capped? If so, how quickly do you expect players to hit this cap? Will the limits be incremented along with new content?
    Something that keeps me invested is knowing there's more power to be achieved aside from my skill.
  • When nodes are in an economic relationship will the trade route / the road be spawned instantly or be build up over time?
  • TheFrazeTheFraze Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will there be new Animal Husbandry animals to unlock post-launch, or will the full list of pets and mounts available in Animal Husbandry at launch be final?
  • Hello dear development team.

Let's say i'm killing monsters in Vera,i use one of my aoe skills.
    Some random guy gathering herbs walks near by me and steps in the aoe damage effect of my spell.
    He will receive damage from me.Will i get into combatant state from this?
    How will the game handle situations like this?

Thank you very much for your answer!

best regards:

Drowranger.
  • Will you be able to fast travel back to your campsite or the city your a citizen of? I'm sure not everyone will have 2+ hours to play everyday and we know the world is large to travel around.
  • edited January 2021
    What made you decide 1 week for each season is a good length of time or is this just an estimate and you plan to test different season lengths?
  • Will each of the races have their own racial city or zone to explore, or does every single area have to be made by players?
  • Given that the world is ever changing and affected by all the players inside of it, and that you as a player will be incredibly affected by those changes, how will you balance that for people who do not log in every day?

Some people might only have time to log in once per week during weekends, or maybe they go on a vacation for a few weeks. It would be pretty sad if you logged back in and lost your house and everything in it due to a siege taking place when you were offline.
  • how much longer will it take to get support in spanish?
  • Is deathrolling allowed? Since you mentioned you will be tracking large sums of gold between players to combat gold selling would not also a large bet between players warrant investigation since it’s only seen as a transaction of gold from a non player side.
  • Zurgo_DrakuthZurgo_Drakuth Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Not sure if this has already been asked or not, but...With all the various cosmetics in the game will there be an outfit system?

Specifically I'm talking about like in Star Wars the Old Republic where you can unlock multiple outfits to swap between appearances. I know personally as a Roleplayer this is something I've long enjoyed, the ability to create and wear outfits for various situations. Like wearing light armor in tropical and desert areas, thick leather or fur armor in a tundra biome. This would give players an option to show off some of their most prized collections or just appearances that they truly enjoy wearing.
  • It was addressed in the December 2020 Live Stream Q&A that gear drops have variable stats. Will blacksmiths be able to enhance stats of dropped gear to not only provide another form of economic contribution by the trade skill but also smooth out (not nullify) the random factor of world drops? For example:

A rare sword drops in a dungeon with 50 strength to which that sword's stat range is known to be 45 - 60 strength. Would a blacksmith have the ability to do a one-time-only manipulation of the weapon to increase the stats up from 50 to 53? Similarly, if the weapon drop instead had 58 strength, the blacksmith would only increase the stats up from 58 to 60 because "the weapon has reached its maximum potential?"
  • happy new yera to y'all. (^^)/

Since you're all inspired by so many different games, movies and books, can we expect to find (more or less) hidden refrences of set medias in the game itself?

• zlyzly Member
    I bought the voyager package last year. Is it possible for me to upgrade my package to be a part of the alpha one phase? If yes, how can I Upgrade?
  • JamationJamation Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Mail has been addressed in regards to items, but if there is to be a social mailing system will it be more instant or will it lean more towards a "delivery" system where time depends on distance from the sender?