Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The Tulnar Infestation of Verra

maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
It is of grave concern to me that we have not yet devised a strategy for keeping the number of Tulnars in check.
The gods will be most displeased.

Please detail any plans you have in the fight against the evil beneath.
Are there any ways we can contribute to your efforts? Do you we need to tag them, to study their population growth?
Do you need trackers? Transportation arrangements? Flame casters?

My fear is that a magical explosion blowing up the underground could drive them to swarm the surface, depending on their numbers. Horrid things. Do we know their weaknesses?
I wish I were deep and tragic

Comments

• Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Ew tulnar. I aim to please the gods by slaying as many tulnar vermin as possible. I didn't even capitalize the t to show how wretched they are. Close the holes up IMO.
  • Options
    SathragoSathrago Member
    edited May 2021
    Simple way to cull the number of tulnar. Make them actual monster people, instead of over-sexualizing them like a certain community would have them be. A perfect example of this are the Hrothgar from FF14. Just massive beastly tiger people that look cool. Also the least popular race to play in that game.

I'll say it right now, if we get some badass looking lizardfolk tulnar i am probably playing them, but if I get anime girls with scales and tails i am not touching that with a 10ft pole. I want a bloodthirsty barbarian lizard man not some dumb half-drow half-lizard anime protagonist.

My default though will always be an orc if tulnar turn into a furry's wet dream.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Its simple.

1. We seal all the entrances to the under realm and post guards
    2. we start filling the under realm with gasses or poisons to kill them
    3. we make undead out of the dead tulnar
    4. we make the dead tulnar kill any tulnar hiding
    5. We then flood the under realm and drown everything
    6. we then open some entrances letting the water out
    7. we then send in kill teams to finish the job
    8. Profit
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Or better yet just accept your fate and kneel before your Tulnar betters.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options

I would die again before I bow to filth
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    About time someone else popularized the threat of these beak-having freaks!

If they were too good for the gods' portals way back when, then they're too good for the surface world, now!

#SealUpTheUnderRealm

• Options
    SunboySunboy Member
    www.openpetition.eu
  • Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member
    I'm actually ok with Tulnar so long as they don't get too uppity about wanting too much space on the surface.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    GoatrekGoatrek Member
    84696020.jpg
  • Options
    Goatrek wrote: »
    84696020.jpg

No. They do not
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2021
    @Nagash Tulnar lives ending matters. I want to see some Ash lizard skeletons.
  • Options
    Khronus wrote: »
    @Nagash Tulnar lives ending matters. I want to see some Ash lizard skeletons.

I just want to see skeletons
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Nagash wrote: »

Sold!
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    Asgerr wrote: »
    I'm actually ok with Tulnar so long as they don't get too uppity about wanting too much space on the surface.

It's ALL ours. Kick the invaders off.
  • Options

Sold!

Im not going to die easily you unwanted filth
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I hear unworthy people talk bad about us true sons and daughters of Vera.
    And what do I see?
    Undead writhing in the dirt and the descendents of weak willed races.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »
    I hear unworthy people talk bad about us true sons and daughters of Vera.
    And what do I see?
    Undead writhing in the dirt and the descendents of weak willed races.

Oh look what the tulnar dragged in ^^

nice to see you again Damokles
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Maybe if we just beat the invaders and throw them back through the portal to Sanctus and let them die there maybe they won't respawn and contaminate our prescious Verra with their nasty little ashes and pointy ears.
    Might have to throw pretty hard but that is why the Sandal lord gave us catapults.
  • Options
    All tulnars should be permanently flagged as corrupted. That's how they became tulnar anyway.
    And NPCs should provide tulnar culling quests. Players should also be able to post similar quests on notice boards.
    And I suggest adding periodic tulnar-hunting events to the game.

Let us all work together, and keep Verra clean \o/
  • Options
    Trying to keep Verra clean but someone opened these damn portals. Now all the riff raff are coming through. Mucking up the place. Kinda gross.
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    More like Dullnar, am I right fellas?
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    BahlderBahlder Member
    Lad, the secrets of the deep belie the wisdom of the sky.

Dunny insult the ground ye travel.
  • Options
    GubiakGubiak Member
    When other races went on heaven holidays Tulnars inherited the earth by the ancient rule of "No takesies, backsies".
  • Options
    TyranthraxusTyranthraxus Member
    edited May 2021
    Oh look what the tulnar dragged in....

Thank you! I am *totally* adopting this, as an in-game saying B)

• Options
    Sum12hateSum12hate Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    funny thing.. logically speaking seeing as the Tulnar didn't leave Verra and go to worlds completely void of magic they probably have a far greater mastery of magic than everyone else coming back. Now lets factor in how all the races coming back have no major established settlements yet and I'm pretty sure the gates are one way at the moment so kinda hard to go back and resupply while the Tulnar possibly have a sprawling civilization underground with multiple places to pop up to the surface for guerilla warfare... yeah I'm thinking you smoothskins are gonna die
  • Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Squatters rights!
    Verra is ours now
  • Options
    Squatters rights!
    Verra is ours now

The dead have been here just along
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Squatters rights!
    Verra is ours now

The dead have been here just along

I'm cool with letting them lay around the place
  • Options
    As long as that's all they do is lay there.
    It's the bitting ones you have to watch out for.
  • Options
    As long as that's all they do is lay there.
    It's the bitting ones you have to watch out for.

we don't bite that is lies spread by your misbegotten kin
    nJ0vUSm.gif