Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The Tulnar Infestation of Verra

123457»

Comments

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    ViBunja wrote: »
    It's gonna be hilarious to see people going on a crusade Tulnar for their god just to realize that same god is talking to their best friends, the Tulnar.

You know, the gods never left Verra and they remained with the survivors, the Tulnar, if anything, the Tulnar might declare a crusade against the other races that are invading Verra.

Well that's just untrue as I never talk to tulnar
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Conrad wrote: »
    So... I can expect my whole family get murdered and then go on a personal agenda to destroy the Verran Inquisition? Sounds cool 😎

Bit hard to do that when you've been purified too. It's for the good of Verra.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    it's the skaven all over again
  • Options
    CambiguousCambiguous Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    UnfortunateBouncyHapuka-size_restricted.gif
    https://gfycat.com/@Cambiguous
    Someone you otter know.
  • Options
    ConradConrad Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    daveywavey wrote: »
    So... I can expect my whole family get murdered and then go on a personal agenda to destroy the Verran Inquisition? Sounds cool 😎

I have survived far worse. I'm like Solomon Kane of Verra

• Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member

Upvote for the nice reference. Also for the religious context of said reference's world.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    ConradConrad Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Asgerr wrote: »

Upvote for the nice reference. Also for the religious context of said reference's world.

I'm glad someone actually knows the character. Not a popular film, but awesome nevertheless...

Oh shit, someone is gonna take that name now eh? XD
  • Options
    Cambiguous wrote: »
    UnfortunateBouncyHapuka-size_restricted.gif

Brilliant! :D<3
  • Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member
    edited May 2021
    Considering the fact that the crusaders often just existed to protect pilgrims who were attacked on route to sacred spots.... If I see one pesky Tulnar PK a single True Verran Returned ™ I will Deus Vult my spear so far up your, what I can only assume is a cloaca, that even Vlad the Impaler will be telling me to relax.

Also, the Underrealm may have a bunch of nice plots of lands to grow our more obscure crops, and good mining spots to make the effigies of the true Verran Gods.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    The tulnar are a menace that must be stoped
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    How do you inquisitors and crusaders plan to deal with friendly Tulnar NPCs? Quest givers. Merchants. Trainers.
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »
    The tulnar are a menace that must be stoped

Correction.
    The Mighty Tulnar are an unstoppable force that must be joined or knelt before.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    Percimes wrote: »
    How do you inquisitors and crusaders plan to deal with friendly Tulnar NPCs? Quest givers. Merchants. Trainers.

do the quest then kill them, no point wasting exp and gold
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options

Ew, gross! I'm not going to that part of town, any more.

No telling when one of them will beak you to death and claw out the contents of your bowels for tomorrow's lunch-mix....

You bring up an interesting point, though: In one of the far-earlier monthly update videos, Steven and Jeff talk briefly about how the more-major Under-Realm cities will likely have something like their own shafts/access points to the surface world, apart from the normal entry-points to the Under-Realm. In thinking about what sieges of the underground cities will be like, it kind of seems like it'd be necessary for them to have direct surface-to-underground access points.

Yours truly is eager to see what Tulnar/Under-Realm ports and what Under-Realm sieges will look and feel like.

• Options
    They will be glorious. As wave after wave of your soldiers break and die trying to reach the gates.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member

Well you of course used them and exploit them. Sell them all the stuff so they go bankrupt as they are forced to buy from the holier races. Then buy things from actual holy races.

That is of course if we ever allow them on the surface.

The only exception I shall ever make is if we find some Leonin looking Tulnar. Leonins are a noble race. I am sure they will join us in the crusade against their god forsaken brethren.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    InixiaInixia Member
    The best thing going for Tulnars right now is that they are all depicted as mysterious shadows.
    everyone is just projecting their favorite animal traits onto their mental depiction of tulnar. Like have you seen that one thread haha?
    but the reality will probably be.... less varied/exciting for some I expect.
  • Options
    Inixia wrote: »
    The best thing going for Tulnars right now is that they are all depicted as mysterious shadows.
    everyone is just projecting their favorite animal traits onto their mental depiction of tulnar. Like have you seen that one thread haha?
    but the reality will probably be.... less varied/exciting for some I expect.

Yeah, humans but with animal ears of our choosing.

"Hey, what race is that one by the barrel over there? Is that a human or an elf? Or a tulnar maybe?"
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • Options

Purification.
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Resna, god of hope, will probably have mercy on a select few Tulnar (typical humans - they're too soft).
    Nevertheless, such an exception will only be made if the individual Tulnar is willing to reject their ways. This is the redemption of their true ancestors.

I propose the following for such ex-Tulnar:
    • Blacksmiths can acquire from their Node HQ a unique list of serial numbers to create ear-tags
    • ear-tags can be purchased and equipped to the ex-Tulnar's left ear to mark them as EX-tulnar. These can be verified against the NodeHQ list should a Tulnar's true allegiance be questioned.
    • as a further precaution, ex-Tulnars are to be castrated and will present themselves as eunuchs in service of their respective Node, or a master of their choice from the citizens of that node.

Tulnar who are missing their left ears are unworthy and have no redemption options
    Should a node-bound eunuch's node be destroyed, they may request refugee status at a neighbouring node to renew their bond (issue a new ear-tag at the refuge Node), else they may choose to die with the honour of the node they were bound to.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    maouw wrote: »
    Resna, god of hope, will probably have mercy on a select few Tulnar (typical humans - they're too soft).
    Nevertheless, such an exception will only be made if the individual Tulnar is willing to reject their ways. This is the redemption of their true ancestors.

• Blacksmiths can acquire from their Node HQ a unique list of serial numbers to create ear-tags
    • ear-tags can be purchased and equipped to the ex-Tulnar's left ear to mark them as EX-tulnar. These can be verified against the NodeHQ list should a Tulnar's true allegiance be questioned.
    • as a further precaution, ex-Tulnars are to be castrated and will present themselves as eunuchs in service of their respective Node, or a master of their choice from the citizens of that node.

Tulnar who are missing their left ears are unworthy and have no redemption options
    Should a node-bound eunuch's node be destroyed, they may request refugee status at a neighbouring node to renew their bond (issue a new ear-tag at the refuge Node), else they may choose to die with the honour of the node they were bound to.

Sounds like a Tulnar Sympathiser, to me.....
  • Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member

The world needs slaves Davey. Might as well use what slave races the gods provide us with.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    Asgerr wrote: »

The world needs slaves Davey. Might as well use what slave races the gods provide us with.

That's why we are importing so many eunechs from Sanctus.
    We need miners and woodsy creatures to build our glorious Tulnar cities.
  • Options
    Puny mortals, not even the ancient dare enter the Underrealm, WE WILL EAT YOUR CHILDRENS!!
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Puny mortals we are, not even the ancients dare enter the Underrealm, COZ THERE'S NO MEAT ON OUR CHILDRENS!!

ftfy
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    That's right run cowards.
    The Mighty Tulnar have won again.💃
  • Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member
    Won what? The pick for ugliest and most god-forsaken beings? Sure.

There's a reason the gods allowed our kinds to leave to a place, LITERALLY CALLED SANCTUS!!!! while you were left to rot and fester below ground, where you should stay, never to see the light again.

We're the chosen races to rule and dominate this world in the name of our own, and of the gods who've watched over us and allowed us to prosper.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It's going to be fun being a Tulnar and putting some off you fools on time out.
  • Options
    Karatos wrote: »

My man
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Karatos wrote: »

My man

Number one reason to be a Tulnar, PvP. Like Tulnar being targeted is simply going to give us all the bang and I wouldn't have to roam for it.