Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The Tulnar Infestation of Verra

Comments

• Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »
    We won't let you forget again. We fully intend to leave the mark of our boots on your backsides as we send you crying back to Sanctus.

Some of us never left but at least we stayed pure

Kinda of.
    These damn invaders moving in. Next thing you know they will start trying to mark "their" territory like a bunch of rabid dogs.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    Yuyukoyay wrote: »
    Yuyukoyay wrote: »
    I'd like a race that lives in proper houses naturally. xD

have you seen my mausoleum it is an amazing complex

Necropolis and Zigguratts were my favorite WC3 buildings. xD

I love the Necropolis in Heroes of Might and magic ^^

Yes! Was one of my favourites.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Maybe we need a cross-server guild of Tulnar-hunters/inquisitors/etc to cleanse Verra to ensure its suitability for cultured inhabitation.
  • Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Maybe we need a cross-server guild of Tulnar-hunters/inquisitors/etc to cleanse Verra to ensure its suitability for cultured inhabitation.

I refer you to my earlier comment to voice my earnest agreement:

I was rewatching the movie Kingdom of Heaven (director's cut of course) and I had this cool idea.

Could we establish a holy order of crusaders to sorta band together across all servers and have as a mission statement to protect the weak, be charitable and strong, and most importantly TO KILL THE TULNAR ! THE GODS WILL IT!

I am open to naming suggestions for this order of brave knights.

The few I came up with are:
    • Order of the Sanctum Imperialis
    • Paladins of the Sun (cause Tulnar live underground, thus they have no Sun)
    • Knights of the Return
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2021
    Asgerr wrote: »

I was rewatching the movie Kingdom of Heaven (director's cut of course) and I had this cool idea.

Could we establish a holy order of crusaders to sorta band together across all servers and have as a mission statement to protect the weak, be charitable and strong, and most importantly TO KILL THE TULNAR ! THE GODS WILL IT!

• Knights of the Return

Yes-Yes, send more stupid-dumb "crusaders" into our open maws.
    Send them into our tunnels, send them into our places of power.
    Give them fire and sword... they will need it.
    We will crack open their skulls and gift them to our gods!

27856.jpg
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member
    * Powerwolf music intensifies *

Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    InixiaInixia Member
    edited May 2021
    damn I just wanted to trashtalk the tulnar into staying out of my Py'Rai forests. I'm coming at this like Shrek, you know, live and let live, but uh... live *way* over there away from my cool trees and stuff.

But some of the other races are really living the whole god and glory genocidal crusade thing. Are.... are we the baddies?
  • Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member
    Inixia wrote: »
    damn I just wanted to trashtalk the tulnar into staying out of my Py'Rai forests. I'm coming at this like Shrek, you know, live and let live, but uh... live *way* over there away from my cool trees and stuff.

But some of the other races are really living the whole god and glory genocidal crusade thing. Are.... are we the baddies?

200.gif

To which I reply:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Bbcdk3lSMU&ab_channel=RogueVector

PS: we very well might be the baddies
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2021
    Damokles wrote: »

• Knights of the Return

Yes-Yes, send more stupid-dumb "crusaders" into our open maws.
    Send them into our tunnels, send them into our places of power.
    Give them fire and sword... they will need it.
    We will crack open their skulls and gift them to our gods!

27856.jpg

Just die filth!
    Nagash-Lord-of-the-Undead.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Pointy ears burn the same as their tree houses.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    InixiaInixia Member
    edited May 2021
    Pointy ears burn the same as their tree houses.

The only burning my ears will be doing is in the idiomatic sense of feeling some tulnar talking about me miles away from their hole in the ground.
  • Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member
    What would be "racial slurs" or derogatory terms for every race in the game?

I found this reddit thread that might give us ideas for the classic races: I compiled a list of racial slurs for you to use in conversation!

But we need for Tulnars. Stuff like:
    • Mutts
    • Thousand milks (for their hybrid mix of species)
    • Sho Tucker spawns (who gets this reference?)
    • Moles or Worms (for their underground living)
    • Lame chimeras
    • God forsaken
    • Beasts, dogs, furries
    • Etc
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I'm happy with filth and abomination
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Been a Devil Dog since 91 so calling me one fits. Plus I like dogs. Really hoping they have some super agressive looking wolf heads augments. Something that really looks rabid. (Don't hold back on the rabid).

Names are easy like Tree Vulcans or ankle biters.
    Hulk's mini me.
    As long as they fit in the stealth catapults buckets so Latrine can have more friends all will be good.
  • Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member
    Been a Devil Dog since 91 so calling me one fits. Plus I like dogs. Really hoping they have some super agressive looking wolf heads augments. Something that really looks rabid. (Don't hold back on the rabid).

Names are easy like Tree Vulcans or ankle biters.
    Hulk's mini me.
    As long as they fit in the stealth catapults buckets so Latrine can have more friends all will be good.

"No Mama. He was my dog. I'll do it * cocks gun *"

Add a salute and a Semper Fi

But yeah honestly if one can make a Tulnar to look something like Worgen in WoW, they're a really good option.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    I rolled Ally side to play with an RL friend and the Worgen were the only ally models I found palatable. They look ok but I am looking for something that make others wet themselves when I come around the corner unannounced. That or maybe like the Glorious Sarnak from EQ2.

But back to the snark.

Old dogs are hard to kill probably gonna need to reload that shot gun. 5 maybe 6 times.
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

We do the bidding of the gods.
    Could a mortal question the immortal?

Birds have wings for the sky,
    Deer have legs to be nimble,
    and worms live in the ground to be trodden on.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options

Stay strong! Lest you get caught in the cleansing flames!
  • Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited May 2021

Erm, yep, I totally read through the full thread before posting, and I certainly saw that... :/:|:/:s

• Knights of the Return
    • Society for a Cleaner Verra
    • Peace through Purification
    • The Verran Inquisition
    • The Holy Order of the Divine Will
    • Pest Control
  • Options

Erm, yep, I totally read through the full thread before posting, and I certainly saw that... :/:|:/:s

• Knights of the Return
    • The Verran Inquisition
    • Pest Control

True Verrans for the Defense of Verra
    Verra is for Verrans
  • Options

• Knights of the Return
    • The Verran Inquisition
    • Pest Control

Verra is for Verrans

It's fun not knowing what side of this argument I am on yet. teehee
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    Sathrago wrote: »

• Knights of the Return
    • The Verran Inquisition
    • Pest Control

Verra is for Verrans

Sometimes it is fun to Elf just to Elf
  • Options
    I mean im just here to Verra turn to a world of the dead
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Sathrago wrote: »

• Knights of the Return
    • The Verran Inquisition
    • Pest Control

Verra is for Verrans

Sometimes it is fun to Elf just to Elf

Ill be real, elves are my least favorite race next to halflings. I would play human before either of them if limited by choice.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
  • Options
    InixiaInixia Member
    edited May 2021
    From the wiki: "Rumors do abound throughout the darker circles of Verra that there lies a particular lineage of Elves that exist within the Underrealm of Verra."

Interesting... a potential connection between Tulnar and Pyrian Elves or something else?

maybe not as much as the dwarves though "Expeditions are often sent into the Underrealm from Dün; and there many believe lies the source of secrets among the Dwarves and their success with mastering artisanship. Untold magic lies deep within Verra. It's source not known to many. Dünzenkell has long benefited from this source though. It has fueled the expansion of the Dwarven kingdoms throughout the northern mountains."
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2021
    I mean im just here to turn Verra into a world of the dead

I need a dislike button
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    SathragoSathrago Member
    edited May 2021
    From the wiki: "Rumors do abound throughout the darker circles of Verra that there lies a particular lineage of Elves that exist within the Underrealm of Verra."

Interesting... a potential connection between Tulnar and Pyrian Elves or something else?

maybe not as much as the dwarves though "Expeditions are often sent into the Underrealm from Dün; and there many believe lies the source of secrets among the Dwarves and their success with mastering artisanship. Untold magic lies deep within Verra. It's source not known to many. Dünzenkell has long benefited from this source though. It has fueled the expansion of the Dwarven kingdoms throughout the northern mountains."

These are almost guaranteed to be Drow elves, or something resembling them. Since the game comes from Pathfinder.
  • Options
    maouw wrote: »

I need a dislike button

We used to have one on the old forums
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member
    maouw wrote: »

I need a dislike button

We used to have one on the old forums

What glorious times those must have been.

No longer the need to argue till the heat death of the universe. Just downvote them into oblivion and let other forum users see their shame.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    RoussynatorRoussynator Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    On the Tulnar perspective point of view, we are all the invaders and they are the ones who had to survive during the apocalypse which destroyed Verra after being left behind. Maybe generations upon generations made them forget about old times . We need to coexist in order to survive again just like the old days before exiling ourselves in other worlds to survive.

Tulnar aren't the corruption or a result of it , they moved to the Underrealm area to save their people. We need to remember on this Thread that we all fled to Sanctus but couldn't bring everyone and these left behind were our people too, our brothers dans sisters from Verra which has been call Tulnar ( the forgotten). Join me brothers and sisters and lets bring peace on this fresh ancient world.