Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

[Feedback Request] Hairstyles in Character Creator

Comments

• Options
    Having a Warriors Wolf Tail hairstyle would be really cool! (Soka from Avatar Last Airbender for example)
  • Options
    Would it be possible to zone areas of the head with separate hair length sliders or color options? like your sculpting options for the face/body? Maybe only for some parts of more elaborate styles, but to be able to pick the default falling hair and maybe work L/R sides, the back of the head, top, and bangs individually would give sooooooo much freedom. Idk how demanding that would be with hair vs skin textures tho
  • Options
    Lord_MarshalLord_Marshal Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    What I want goes beyond the character creator. Since it is nearly impossible to make sure that all hair styles do not clip any clothing/armor a character might have, I would like the ability after creation to frequently change our hair style to best go with what we are wearing.
  • Options
    PalastruPalastru Member
    edited May 2022
    Elegant bangs styles for short-haired girls.

s30p5199q98p.jpg
    zxlpgdee2dtt.jpg
    kxn2ke9kg4mk.jpg
    ip42v3ftgrja.jpg
  • Options
    AldoranAldoran Member
    Hi, my suggestion comes late but,

I would say for some extra customization it would be great to have an Accessoires Part where you can choose from different Things, metal sticks/spikes, flowers etc. and be able to move them around the Hairstyle, on the other hand beeing able to change the longitude of different hairparts (Front, Back, Sides) would be great because it could give a greater variaty.

I am also a big Fan of Northern style Haircuts, where the custumizations above would be great

Greetings
    Aldoran
  • Options
    I would like a slider for amounts and size of curls. Also have different zones so you could have curly tips but the rest can be straight or wavy. Another thing would be to have is tightness of curl so you have the option of large loose curls or small tight curls. Lastly highlight placement like a paint tool so you have have little splotches of color. You could even have what I have heard called cow licks (spots of hair that grow in a different direction).
  • Options
    KawarauKawarau Member
    Don't just do pretty hair, the mad wizards of the world needs some crazy options.
  • Options
    GrumpyBulldogGrumpyBulldog Member, Founder
    High Flat Top:
    pf9koe56nbwu.jpg
  • Options
    Heheh - despite having already thrown in my two cents, here's two more - just for fun!

On the subject of haircuts to NOT have in the game, I'd like to suggest a perma-ban on the "rat tail". Yours truly comes from a dark and backwards place known as central Florida, and while they were okay in the late 80's and early 90's, rat-tails have no place in decent society:

yyxsn37k8inb.jpg

I know this one's on a kid - BUT: if you ever have the displeasure of visiting my place of birth? It's still ALL the rage, amongst adult males!

On-the-fence about the "Gecko" haircut, though; I could go either way on seeing this as an option in the game:

yw10p4ss13uh.jpg

I haven't seen this one in Utah - but then again? I think it's illegal, here....

• Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Heheh - despite having already thrown in my two cents, here's two more - just for fun!

On the subject of haircuts to NOT have in the game, I'd like to suggest a perma-ban on the "rat tail". Yours truly comes from a dark and backwards place known as central Florida, and while they were okay in the late 80's and early 90's, rat-tails have no place in decent society:
    [/i]

Seems to have a place in Jedi society. Whether or not you think that is a decent society on the other hand is a whole different matter.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    WildGingerWildGinger Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    As a female, I would love to see big bushy hair (1980's style) and high heels instead of clunky boots!
  • Options
    VissoxVissox Member
    dpb8nmday58w.jpg

Reese had the best hair.
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Vissox wrote: »
    dpb8nmday58w.jpg

Reese had the best hair.

I respectfully disagree >_>

If we are talking about male hair, Jeffery is your man.

12244350_10153619554646893_8288134463946966630_o.jpg
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    VissoxVissox Member
    JustVine wrote: »
    Vissox wrote: »
    dpb8nmday58w.jpg

Reese had the best hair.

I respectfully disagree >_>

If we are talking about male hair, Jeffery is your man.

12244350_10153619554646893_8288134463946966630_o.jpg

I'm sold if the moustache comes with it, and there is no option to remove it. XD
  • Options
    Very long hair styles, for both guys and girls.
    Natural, windblown, maybe even frizzy bedhead if you wanted.
    But really most MMOs avoid long hair because of clipping issues, but if it bothers the players then we won't use it. Not sure how hair physics work in this game but if you can somehow have it as naturally flowing as possible without bogging down processing, that would be ideal.
  • Options
    RockHoundRockHound Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2022
    I’m not sure if you consider beards to be part of the hair style, but I do, because I have my barber cut my hair and clean up my beard every 4-6 weeks. One thing that I would LOVE to see in the character creator is a slider for beard length. I rock a goatee with a medium length chin beard. MMOs seem to either give a circle beard or a Vandyke. I like to make my characters look as close to me as I can. Oh!!! And separate the mustache, chin, and cheeks so that we can groom ourselves the way we like.
  • Options
    RockHoundRockHound Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2022
    Bakuhatsu wrote: »
    Multi-zone colors. Ie. have red on the side chops, and black in the goatie and beard, mixed with blonde and white/gray hairs. Controlled zone hair thinning... Well, basically me 🤣
    Love this idea!! I’d rock a silver streak off the front side of my head. Kinda like a wizard’s lock
  • Options
    Kiwi_Kiwi_ Member
    If you get this hair style in - I might have to rethink playing a male character ngl....
    dz0xsq63wus2.png
    Ava Max - Every Time I Cry
  • Options
    I would love to see more dreaded styles. Ethnic styles in general are rarely represented well and when they are look like frizzy messes or like someone has sausages strapped to their head.
    I used a picture of myself because if you put my own hairstyle in the game you'll make me one happy guy! ittsb32xpome.jpg
  • Options
    EmberstoneEmberstone Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2022
    Some more examples from me!:

1: 84e1de52a1ee65e44955a195e85077dc.jpg
    2: f351c9dc74c417368f2343ba872eaa1a.jpg
    3: 4800fb14d097f4d82c50ad67e5a05654.jpg
    4: a8feb6b6897bc4d5f873c53f372a86a8.jpg
    ftcm67938qg3.gif
  • Options
    I'd love to see a "side tail" hair style in Ashes. It's so rare to see in any game.

Here's a couple examples:

m3silgpvqb1o.png

x3wrga2g4xaa.png
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Thysius7 wrote: »
    I'd love to see a "side tail" hair style in Ashes. It's so rare to see in any game.
    So in other words you want all mothers in Ashes to die! Horrible!
  • Options
    SaltyOnigiriSaltyOnigiri Member
    edited August 2022
    I would love Merida’s hairstyle from the movie Brave.

dn07gaedeq3t.jpeg

• Options
    Made another post on this and then learned about this thread

What I shared in the post was the idea of splitting up hair into different parts.
    There was an anime game that did this (called KurtzPel) and it made character creation amazing in the game.

It split up the hair between:

The front (bangs and such)
    The back (the main part of the hair)
    The side (for pigtails or for long hair that runs down in front of the ears)
    And an extra option for ponytails and things like that which attach to the back of the head over the rest of the hair.

It allowed me to effectively make my own hairstyles. Which was just awesome.
    gxhzu5frnuhu.jpg
    ig0zxg4tpaht.jpg
  • Options
    I'd recommend taking a look at Baldur's Gate 3 for some good hairstyles!

Other than that, my suggestions would be:

* Please for the love of the Seven, allow us to re-color hair accessories independently!
    * When it comes to hair accessories, allow the player to decide the "type". Imagine how different a simple ponytail would be depending on whenever it is styled with delicate jewelry vs. some feathers and leather straps.
    * Make sure to include both "simple and effective" styles AND "delicate and stylish" for types of hair.
    * Hairstyles with feather accessories. Pretty please. c:
    lizhctbms6kg.png
  • Options
    Liniker wrote: »
    I would like you to keep hairstyles according to the races lore and background, if we see it in players.. we should see it in NPCs from the same race... not every race should have the same hair options available and please don't go to crazy taking all the recommendations from this thread giving crazy pink and blue anime hairstyles to the dunir and crazy african tribal hair to the empyrean, make it realistic and coherent

I couldn't disagree more with this post. Hair should be completely race detached if possible with as many style options available to everyone, and colors. It is one of the easiest ways to stand out in a crowd and be recognizeable. More options are always better than pigeonholing folks into your idea of what their character should look like.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    We want vibrant hair because of the fantasy setting. Nothing is better than having a gorgeous female toon with bright highlights, muted shadow tones and light reflecting off the hair and face.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Needs the most important part of any hair.

More beard.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Would take a Nathaniel hawk beard/facial hair trim from Pirates of the Caribbean consols game lol.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif