Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

[Player Feedback Request] Tulnar Concept Art Shown During July Livestream

123457»

Comments

• Options
    SigmundSigmund Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Playable "monsters" are fun and wonderful, whats a fellowship without a Gollum? But they lose the appeal if they are ubiquitous in my opinion. Having the UnderRealm be the home for Tulnar is brilliant. This way players lose nothing by choosing the race, and also preserves the idea that they are other, separated and different.

As for the look of the reveal, GREAT WORK! I'm hopeful that customization and scale (height and weight in particular) will allow for the creation of creatures that look like fantasy hobgoblins and goblins, ogres, gnolls, trolls and kobalds. With the Ren'kai being civilized and focused on cooperation, it would be fun to have some races available for playing that are perfectly on board with eating some raw meat, farting without apology and going full frenzy to wardrums!

Would be cool to have any skin color available. My dream of playing a blue skinned, white maned Yeti in an MMO are close... I can feel it... Fighter/mage with frost augments? Daring to dream!

Thanks so much for this opportunity, excited for what comes next!
    Certainly NOT coveting the lost treasures of Dünheim.
  • Options
    I personally wouldn't play them. But the only issue I have is that they feel like 3 separate races (Ape, Lion, Lizard). The only similarity is the horns, the eyes and jewelry. I understand you have sliders, but I would like to see some more consistency between these different looks. Is there something we can do to make them feel like 1 race and not 3 separate races?

According to the available lore, the Tulnar are not 1 race. They are a collection of various races that sought refuge underground while the other main races escaped off world during a cataclysmic event. So having them look like different races is what fits in the established lore.
  • Options
    This looks like a great start! Sorry if some other people have covered any of this, but a couple things stick out. All the characters have horns, pointed ears, inward slanting 'angry' eyes, no pupils. Are these all things that will be customizable? Will we be able to make a 'softer, rounder, friendlier' variants? Off to a great start, just keep adding more customizable options!
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Tykios wrote: »
    Will we be able to make a 'softer, rounder, friendlier' variants?

aka Furry? fuck no.

img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    TykiosTykios Member
    edited September 2022
    Liniker wrote: »

aka Furry? fuck no.

I'm not interested in making a human like animal (or animal like human) for cosplay purposes. But the reality is the game is having a race with animal like qualities.
    Many animals have much rounder features than shown in the middle 'canine' picture. Huskies, and wolfs have much rounder ears. Tigers, lions, leopards ect. have ears even more rounded than canines. The eyes are also extremely angular and narrow, not really natural looking. There is no fur on the face of the 'canine' example, but I would like the option to add some. The cheekbones on all 3 of the examples are much more angular than is seen with many animals. They actually look closer to humans than wild animals. I would like the option to create something more 'natural' looking in regards to animals, not more human.

dusz8i1iokc0.png
    5le1f9axk5xw.png

I'm not interested in making a catgirl, but the game says the race with have "simian, bestial/feline, reptilian" features while being primarily human. I don't understand why people get triggered about animal characteristics for this race.

• Options
    These look great, the idea of playing a non human race always was appealing. I saw a comment about undercities where non human races would reside that idea seemed quite interesting, it would also be interesting to maybe see variations of undead races that could also reside in "undercities" of course this is just my imagination.

The idea of undercities seemed cool to me because it would bring to the lore and economy, human races and non human races could ally and trade resources from above ground and vice versa, however when it comes to war i think undercities would have a huge advantage in defending.

About feedback on the tulnar the concept looks great and i think it would be a great addition to the game.
  • Options
    Liniker wrote: »

aka Furry? fuck no.

I'm not interested in making a human like animal (or animal like human) for cosplay purposes. But the reality is the game is having a race with animal like qualities.
    Many animals have much rounder features than shown in the middle 'canine' picture. Huskies, and wolfs have much rounder ears. Tigers, lions, leopards ect. have ears even more rounded than canines. The eyes are also extremely angular and narrow, not really natural looking. There is no fur on the face of the 'canine' example, but I would like the option to add some. The cheekbones on all 3 of the examples are much more angular than is seen with many animals. They actually look closer to humans than wild animals. I would like the option to create something more 'natural' looking in regards to animals, not more human.

dusz8i1iokc0.png
    5le1f9axk5xw.png

I'm not interested in making a catgirl, but the game says the race with have "simian, bestial/feline, reptilian" features while being primarily human. I don't understand why people get triggered about animal characteristics for this race.

Now that you mention it, it is a bit odd that the reptilian model has noticeable lips. And the wolfish one has a bare face until it gets to a typical hair/beard line. I’d also like these to be farther at baseline from a human facial structure than what we have currently.

‘Friendlier’ is fine in that I also don’t think the deep scowl should be the resting expression on the Tulnar models. Make it more neutral like the other racial models