Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What might 'actually' be AoC's biggest problem

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    AbaratAbarat Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

i think this is the passive part of the passive aggressive.

but, what do i know.
  • Options
    There's lots of potential issues but the biggest one has to be the server. I seen the netcode partially in play during A1, it was great.

But the server didn't have 10k players on it, un-instanced with the World Manager algorithm going and those 10k players pushing the system.

The power of their servers is going to have to be unprecedented when it comes to video games.. I think its a very high probability this becomes a massive issue. All we have to do is take examples from any other large online game with many interdependent systems happening, and then multiply that many fold.

And then multiply that some more cause Steven just said that much of the data(more than typical apparently) is stored server side so they can adjust their "dials" without having to repack the game and push an update to change stuff.

Other than the large dynamic online world, the most ambitious aspect of this game is going to be the netcode and the server setup I think.

5lntw0unofqp.gif
  • Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    Dygz wrote: »
    Right. But the fact that there is no "true pvp" MMORPG out there is why I'm OK with Ashes pushing PvP and competition so heavily, even though that is not a game I want to play.
    There are plenty of MMORPG fans craving a game like that. It would be awesome for Ashes fill that niche.
    I wholeheartedly support that.
    It's not the kind of game I'm interested in playing.
    Looks like there will be plenty of other MMORPGs out there for me to enjoy - and even WoW: Dragonflight is one of them.

I want to see you live long enough to become a villain on AoC

Yaasss
  • Options
    Raven016Raven016 Member
    edited July 2023
    Right. But the fact that there is no "true pvp" MMORPG out there is why I'm OK with Ashes pushing PvP and competition so heavily, even though that is not a game I want to play.
    There are plenty of MMORPG fans craving a game like that. It would be awesome for Ashes fill that niche.
    Looks like there will be plenty of other MMORPGs out there for me to enjoy - and even WoW: Dragonflight is one of them.

He is already the worst.
    He said he can do subterfuge, spy, sabotage...

Also Steven could make a villain Dygz NPC which runs and teleports away from innocent PvE-ers
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    My villain would summon a Stufferton to escape - not teleport away.
  • Options
    DolyemDolyem Member
    My villain would summon a Stufferton to escape - not teleport away.

You monster
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Raven016 wrote: »

He is already the worst.
    He said he can do subterfuge, spy, sabotage...

Also Steven could make a villain Dygz NPC which runs and teleports away from innocent PvE-ers

This is brilliant. Now I want to up my pledge so I can make a Dygz NPC in game.