Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Scrolls of Resurrection & Cleric feedback

Comments

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I requested shields for Cleric back in 2018. It fell on deaf ears. I have highlighted Celestial many times and still falls on deaf ears. The cleric was nerfed due to a non content test which is laughable. Yes, cleric was op but tank was wank and mage was a glass cannon at the time.

I understand your position and still request wards/Absorbs(shields) on the cleric alongside lance or dual targeting.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    This is why I should've bounced when the discussion fully came into semantics land.
    Niem Lumel wrote: »
    according to what arbitrary logic did you come to the conclusion that cleansing is a different basic shit than healing.
    aatlu8tjazy6.png
    Even wiki can't say for sure what "mechanics" are. So it's all fucking subjective, even in the professional world.

It's obvious that you either disagree with my understanding or I'm too shit at expressing my thoughts to properly explain it to you.
    In my understanding of the word effect, the mage abilities that I listed have multiple ones. The Ball of Lighting deals damage and applies stacks of Electrified. Elemental Empowerment augments your weapon's attacks to do increased damage and apply the corresponding elemental status effect to targets hit.
    I already said that I disagree with Noaani's point of saying that Ball was just a dmg ability.
    NiKr wrote: »
    I'd kinda disagree with that because the ball has the secondary effect of applying "electrified", so in a way it's already a "crossover" ability. But this is just good ol' semantics debates with Noaani and those can take up another 10 pages, so I ain't about all that.

To sum up, this is an absolutely pointless semantics conversation. I should've exited it back when I noticed that the discussion was moving in this direction. I shall exit now. I've made my point as well as I could've, so if you still don't get it - oh well.
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    No one has seen crap on cleric, wait till we see atleast the alpha gameplay until we judge things. Most fair thing to do as no one can assume it is good or bad based on knowing nothing about the class than extreme basics.

If you want to assume it is bad because you don't believe in the game simply say that, and i don't think anyone will argue with you.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    I'd kinda disagree with that because the ball has the secondary effect of applying "electrified", so in a way it's already a "crossover" ability. But this is just good ol' semantics debates with Noaani and those can take up another 10 pages, so I ain't about all that.

I would agree that the ability has some synergy with other abilities, but it doesnt have any cross over as it was introduced in to this topic (a single ability with multiple effects).

Now, if the electrified status effect that the ability leaves has an effect on the mob (which we have not clarified), then one could argue cross over.

However, synergy between abilities there is a given - but synergy isnt cross over.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Noaani wrote: »
    Now, if the electrified status effect that the ability leaves has an effect on the mob (which we have not clarified), then one could argue cross over.
    It does though. The effect is a debuff
    Electrified is a type of status effect in Ashes of Creation.[1][2]

Reduces magical mitigation.[2]

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Electrified
  • Options
    It does though. The effect is a debuff
    Electrified is a type of status effect in Ashes of Creation.[1][2]

Reduces magical mitigation.[2]

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Electrified

Cool, then when you add that to the information initially laid out, one could argue that this is cross over. Very minor cross over, but still cross over.

Since I am only able to comment on the information at hand, obviously adding more information will change the comments I have to make.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    You could just cast arched lightning to get the electrified debuff in one go on multiple targets rather than fanny around with stacks last i saw.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Then be aware of the subjectiveness of your opinion and do not argue with me when you do not like being asked questions.
    I've been answering your questions for half of this thread. And I've stated that what I wrote was my opinion literally several times.
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It might be a reading comprehension issue then. Could you find anything in this reply that suggests that what you are telling me to be quite different is nothing more than your opinion?

nlws6ujgc3fy.png

/comfort Nikr
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    It might be a reading comprehension issue then. Could you find anything in this reply that suggests that what you are telling me to be quite different is nothing more than your opinion?

nlws6ujgc3fy.png

I mean, there is the fact that what he is saying is fucking obvious.

That really should count for something here, tbh.
  • Options
    How is it obvious? I most certainly could not see the difference between Mage's abilities and Tanks applying aggro with offensive actions even though I tried to see things with your made-up terms.

The conversation ended with NiKr saying that it's all fucking subjective and he reached that conclusion by himself so how and why do you use subjective opinions to discredit mine?

He didn't reach a conclusion, he gave up arguing with a brick wall.

I'm less inclined to give up.

An effect that reduces damage is little more than an effect that deals more damage. It is essentially more of the same function.

An attack that deals damage and a taunt are different functions with different purposes.

You claiming that you see no difference between these things tells me you are simply "looking" with your eyes closed, You do not want to see. This is why NiKr has ceased his discussion with you.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    This is why NiKr has ceased his discussion with you.
    Sometimes the wall wins against the head :|
  • Options
    This is why NiKr has ceased his discussion with you.
    Sometimes the wall wins against the head :|

I find that sometimes the best way to attack a brick wall is to swing another brick wall at it.
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    How is it obvious? I most certainly could not see the difference between Mage's abilities and Tanks applying aggro with offensive actions even though I tried to see things with your made-up terms.

The conversation ended with NiKr saying that it's all fucking subjective and he reached that conclusion by himself so how and why do you use subjective opinions to discredit mine?

An effect that reduces damage is little more than an effect that deals more damage. It is essentially more of the same function.

An attack that deals damage and a taunt are different functions with different purposes.

You claiming that you see no difference between these things tells me you are simply "looking" with your eyes closed, You do not want to see. This is why NiKr has ceased his discussion with you.

What is the meaning of a function in this conversation? I cannot trust that what is written in an English dictionary is going to match your meaning.

Taunt and building aggro are also different.

How do tanks contribute to a party's success?

Taunts pulls aggro instantly too you, without needing to building it up. Building aggro you are trying to hold aggro on a mob or multiple mobs and keeping them off your team that are all having skillls to dps/ support, etc slowly pulling aggro to themselves.

This is basic stuff if you have ever played a mmorpg,

By tanking and holding / pulling aggro so the rest of the team doesn't die, this can't be a serious question.
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    edited May 2023
    Mag7spy wrote: »

What is the meaning of a function in this conversation? I cannot trust that what is written in an English dictionary is going to match your meaning.

Taunt and building aggro are also different.

How do tanks contribute to a party's success?

Taunts pulls aggro instantly too you, without needing to building it up. Building aggro you are trying to hold aggro on a mob or multiple mobs and keeping them off your team that are all having skillls to dps/ support, etc slowly pulling aggro to themselves.

So we can agree that taunt and building aggro are different?

They are different but fall under the same category it just is different tools. Taunt is simply a much more powerful way of generating aggro, more so the easy button.

you can argue they are the same, you can argue they are different because of the more detailed nuances of holding aggro and multiple tools you need to do and watch out for. Arguing about both doesn't matter though, just kind of pointless. I'm sure i missed thing so i don't even know why this is an important point.
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    They are different but fall under the same category it just is different tools. Taunt is simply a much more powerful way of generating aggro, more so the easy button.

you can argue they are the same, you can argue they are different because of the more detailed nuances of holding aggro and multiple tools you need to do and watch out for. Arguing about both doesn't matter though, just kind of pointless. I'm sure i missed thing so i don't even know why this is a important point.

It is important to establish a common ground for understanding. Some people might suffer from short-term memory loss so having things written down helps a lot.

With that said, Noanni is yet to give up on defending these words:
    olw8i6wwzg18.png

I dread what's like talking with you without having things written down.

I'm just going to straight up ask are you trying to insult me for now following every post right now. I'm going to double check if these are directed at me,...
    I dread what's like talking with you without having things written down.
    Some people might suffer from short-term memory loss so having things written down helps a lot.
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    I am not trying to insult anyone first of all but since you asked these quotes were meant for the people who were trying to dismiss my opinion through their arbitrary rules and subjective terms.

If it has nothing to do with me then you are free to reword your response if you have one ill ignore that post for now.
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    What? I am not rewording anything

If you are making comments not at me don't quote me in it please and thank you.
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    You said you didn't know why is it important thing to know whether taunt and building aggro are different or not and I answered by using whatever experience this forum community has provided to me so far.

.... I'm asking why are you discussing something so pointless. How about go back to the original point you wanted to make.

Your point is you haven't seen the class so you are assuming it is bad right? (seeing a preview is not seeing the class by the way)