Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

I dont get the glint-system

123457»

Comments

• Options
    based but you can farm essentially regardless of a guild by just forming a group. sure, guilds can help but they act the same way as a community or group finding works. Guilds warring against each other isn't an integral part of the design. It's just a feature for players to war against each other. Dont have to be in a guild for opt-ins.
    You won't be farming anything meaningful in pugs. Guilds won't let you. They'll have PK alts ready to remove any passive pug from any content that they want to farm.

And it's not about "wanting to pvp", it's "wanting to pve, but pvp isn't letting you just pve". PvP is the integral part because it's the main barrier between you and your preferred content.

Owpvp games are inherently competitive, especially when majority of content is open world and limited in quantity. You want to kill a boss? You'll have to fight other people for your right to do that.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    NiKr wrote: »
    based but you can farm essentially regardless of a guild by just forming a group. sure, guilds can help but they act the same way as a community or group finding works. Guilds warring against each other isn't an integral part of the design. It's just a feature for players to war against each other. Dont have to be in a guild for opt-ins.
    You won't be farming anything meaningful in pugs. Guilds won't let you. They'll have PK alts ready to remove any passive pug from any content that they want to farm.

And it's not about "wanting to pvp", it's "wanting to pve, but pvp isn't letting you just pve". PvP is the integral part because it's the main barrier between you and your preferred content.

Owpvp games are inherently competitive, especially when majority of content is open world and limited in quantity. You want to kill a boss? You'll have to fight other people for your right to do that.

Another based take.

Competitive like most things is a scale for nuance. It can be competitive but that doesn't mean it's heavily competitive. Technically wow is a competitive game. Personal stats, ratings and what not is essentially pointless in most competitive aspects. Two player Tetris is competitive. Mario cart is competitive lol

I swear the only points you make(and certain individuals usually bottom feeding off your posts) are common sense points outside of what is already clearly stated just for the sake of dragging out some pointless agenda. Stop with the white knighting nonsense. The design is clearly out in the open. Just because people can see what it really is vs a hype train fantasy in their head doesn't make it not true.
  • Options
    @NiKr it is what it is :smile:
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited November 2023
    @Solvryn It is a PvE driven game essentially. To say it's a PvP driven game is a stretch. It is a combination of the two but not what it's hyped up to be that people claim.

Thats usually the catalyst for open world PvP.

But that wasn't the point of me talking to Vissox, there are groups of carebears who go to every IP and try to get the PvP dumbed down to abysmal levels.

Sidenote - I'm not getting roped into the same culprits with another hijacked thread talking in the same circles they always do. No ty.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Solvryn wrote: »
    Didn't know people had a time machine, clearly they can
    @Solvryn It is a PvE driven game essentially. To say it's a PvP driven game is a stretch. It is a combination of the two but not what it's hyped up to be that people claim.

But that wasn't the point of me talking to Vissox, there are groups of carebears who go to every IP and try to get the PvP dumbed down to abysmal levels.

Sidenote - I'm not getting roped into the same culprits with another hijacked thread talking in the same circles they always do. No ty.

No worries.
    That wasn't my intention of that post. I was just pointing out that many are under the impression that this is a huge pvp game at its core and pve players wont enjoy it but the design heavily favours pve progression over pvp. You dont have to be a big pvp player to enjoy the game. I wont get into reiterating. I dont like wasting my time with that nonsense either lol.
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

Solvryn wrote: »
    Didn't know people had a time machine, clearly they can

No worries.
    That wasn't my intention of that post. I was just pointing out that many are under the impression that this is a huge pvp game at its core and pve players wont enjoy it but the design heavily favours pve progression over pvp. You dont have to be a big pvp player to enjoy the game. I wont get into reiterating. I dont like wasting my time with that nonsense either lol.

It's what Steven calls it much to people dismay, a PvX game. PvE in an OWPvP setting is going to be the catalyst for conflict. Both will exist in an ebb in flow in every facet of the game.

Thank you, almost every good thread on the forums gets hijacked into some circus of peoples personal definitions of things which has no bearing on how the games developed.

• Options
    Vissox wrote: »

You are fundamentally wrong. Ashes isn't advertised as a PvE driven game at all, steven has said multiple times that it is a PLAYER driven game. There is so much evidence for it as well, with the caravan system, with the node system, with the PVP dropped resource system. There will be in-game politics, that trigger sieges,
    these are all things shown by the Devs. In fact, the only PvE driven thing we have seen was the cyclops boss showcase. That's it, that's all we have to go on for repeatable PvE content.

You're right there is no PvE or PvP its only player driven. Please learn english.
  • Options
    @NiKr I know some of the information is almost 3 to 6 years old now but...

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Node_wars
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Guild_wars
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Guilds

The only flagging that will be essentially forced for guild wars is between the guilds involved. Another prime time objective based situation aside form open world conflict.

Node wars are different but that is node vs node and not an internal strife of vassal network. All objectives for said conflicts essentially occur during server prime time aside from open world pvp. Only affects citizens between the two nodes including their allies.

Literally does not force most players to flag outside of those conditions whom it does not involve. These features for the most part are optional depending how a player wants to engage in the game.

I may be incorrect on this next part but those conflicts could be costly in resources from repairs and what ever other resource sinks. The only conflicts that I am currently aware of that cancels out durability loss is node sieges which are different than the wars.

Obviously all subject to change as it's a focus for alpha 2 at some point or another.
  • Options
    Players can kill each other at any time during the war (not only during server prime-time).[3]
  • Options
    Players can kill each other at any time during the war (not only during server prime-time).[3]

reread it and let me know what you come up with.. jfc lol
  • Options
    reread it and let me know what you come up with.. jfc lol
    I already explained how wars will be used.
  • Options
    @NiKr just incase you dont comprehend what i was referring to it was my post talking about "aside from owpvp" which still directly relates to the conflict for those involved in the open world.

i can try another format.

guilds declare war... guilds flag combatant... guilds fight during conflict... in open world... primetime objective conflict.
  • Options

Being killed in PvP is not bad.
    The terror is running toward a cliff, falling into it and then seeing you was typing 'sssadddddddsss' in chat.
  • Options
    @NiKr maybe this format?

guild vs guild
    guild vs guild open world pvp anytime
    guild vs guild objective event server prime-time
  • Options
    Raven016 wrote: »
    The terror is running toward a cliff, falling into it and then seeing you was typing 'sssadddddddsss' in chat.
    This is alien to me, because I've never played games with autorun that is not controlled by your mouse :)
  • Options

Being killed in PvP is not bad.

if only lemmings could talk lol
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    This is alien to me, because I've never played games with autorun that is not controlled by your mouse :)

struggles with keybinds i take it lol
  • Options
    guild vs guild
    I got no clue what this supposed to mean :)
  • Options
    guild vs guild
    I got no clue what this supposed to mean :)

I'm not even surprised :smile:
  • Options

Ok so now that you are taking jabs at people's character instead of addressing their points, I guess we can conclude you figured out you were wrong.
    Now the tricky part will be for you to accept it.

• Options
    JC31 wrote: »

You are fundamentally wrong. Ashes isn't advertised as a PvE driven game at all, steven has said multiple times that it is a PLAYER driven game. There is so much evidence for it as well, with the caravan system, with the node system, with the PVP dropped resource system. There will be in-game politics, that trigger sieges,
    these are all things shown by the Devs. In fact, the only PvE driven thing we have seen was the cyclops boss showcase. That's it, that's all we have to go on for repeatable PvE content.

You're right there is no PvE or PvP its only player driven. Please learn english.

The "P" stands for player, maybe you should learn about acronyms before you try to correct people.
    Also, I would like to commend you for not reading or understanding what I said even though you reposted my quote. That takes a real lack of effort on your part.
  • Options

Ok so now that you are taking jabs at people's character instead of addressing their points, I guess we can conclude you figured out you were wrong.
    Now the tricky part will be for you to accept it.

Based assumptions and contradictive perceptive accusation.
  • Options
    edited November 2023

The "P" stands for player, maybe you should learn about acronyms before you try to correct people.
    Also, I would like to commend you for not reading or understanding what I said even though you reposted my quote. That takes a real lack of effort on your part.

Proof of perceptive accuracy of falsified accusations. See previous reply
  • Options

I have nothing to prove to you. I will let you know what I am thinking though out of kindness and that is you're trolling. You are trying to be a fisher of men and your posts are not worth replying to.