Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

[Feedback Request] Alpha Two Ranger Archetype Update Shown in December Livestream

Comments

• Options
    I have concerns, soon at ranged classes i did not see the reticle that was planned. This option is verry important for me, it is so much freedom when you use it for farming! As a Ranger's my favourite class, i really hope, reticle is not forgotten as a feature! :smile:
  • Options
    Maltroth wrote: »
    Really excited to try the ranger archetype!

The visuals of the skills are awesome, the mobility also seems to be very fluid.

One thing I'm intrigued on is how well the action camera works with the one-target skills, but with the comment of soft-locking by Steven, I think it makes sense.

My only question is with skills like Scattershot, where you need to charge it (or not) and change the AOE. Does an opponent player will be able to see the AOE change as well to be able to try and dodge or block it?

Phenomenal progress, can't wait to try Alpha 2!

Yeah iam concern that they will forgot for action targeting! I hope that is not true, i really enjoy action combat in MMOS.
  • Options
    My only real complaint is that shortbow basic attack speed was far too high.
  • Options
    OsFurOsFur Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    about monster coin tokens.
    you could envisage that all bosses loot a fragment of token example 1/4.
    these fragments would be tradable, and the player would have to collect 4 of them to proceed with the assembly.
    Baron of Shadows
    Graveyard's Grin
    Your bones dance to my rhythm
  • Options
    Happymeal2415Happymeal2415 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I loved pretty much everything presented. Especially the direction of scattershot. being able to change the width of the cone for more concentrated damage is a concept I hope is prevalent through all classes.
  • Options
    Overall, rather positive about the ranger update. This archetype is at the top of my list of contenders for my main character, although that's mostly because it's been a long time since I've played an archer type as a main character. Thank you for taking the time to explain what each skills did, it helps me getting the general vibe on how the archetype will play, even if nothing's balanced at the moment and we haven't seen the complete kit of skills.

What I like
    The VFXs for the skills in general, but the AoEs in particular
    The importance of mobility. Useful in and out of combat. As to be mindful when to use it as it is limided.

What I'm not sold on
    Extra fast attacks. I'm not expecting a realistic bowman simulator, but this was a bit too much for my taste, to the point I could see myself not using the skill (or putting points in it) or any short bow out of simple stubborn alienation.

Concerned by, at least at first...
    My main concern as I watched was about how most skills would translate for non-bow weapons. This was mentioned during the introduction and in the questions after the ranger update, so no panic, but no concrete answers either. But this was not the complete skill kit, and the ranger is a range dps primarily, so... understandable at this point. I don't see why Marks and Hunts wouldn't work for other weapons, even melee, but still... I hope it's not limited to this with basic attacks.

Minor suggestion
    If it was me, I wouldn't limit the imbued arrows to a number of shots, I'd just make it a toggle to which type you're drawing.

Not related to the ranger archetype
    I was kind of impressed by how far the mobs would be visible.
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • Options
    lemuletlemulet Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Loved the showcase.

Loved the steering in the air strike skill and the knock back in the cone attack.

We need more of those !!!

I added the suggestion to add more steerable momentum and mobility to skills/weapons
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/58133/suggestion-add-more-mobility-and-animation-momentum/p1?new=1
    sg3TGu4.png
  • Options
    PlasticLemonsPlasticLemons Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I was a bit saddened to see that the Clerics special feature of “use Divine Power to instant cast any spell that’s off CD” was implemented in an arguably more OP way with a regular spell in the ranger toolkit with Lightning Reload.

To me, that makes the Cleric class feel less unique in its unique feature.
  • Options
    netrimosnetrimos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    There was a lot to like, but I'm not sold on the auto attack style/animation of the short bow. it seems like it has identity issues, and wishes very much it was born a machine gun. I do like the AoE stuff you guys are doing. It'd be cool if the one bugged AoE spell was reworked into a dynamic ability like the other one. instead of a narrowing cone, it could be a cone that increases in size the long its held down, like that mordekaiser ability from league. For example you could give the cone 3 zones with 2 breakpoints. quick press, small cone, mid press, medium , and large press full. Have varying effects depending on which zone of the cone the mobs are in at the time of damage. Would be nice to have a small knockback but very little damage on a quick press.
  • Options
    Really liked the almost airborne quality shown off with the Ranger. Maneuverability and mobility were excellent, and it was good to hear that only a few of the Ranger abilities required standing still.

Wasn't a class I was excited before, but am now quite eager to test it out! Can't think of any improvement-suggestions, atm.

• Options
    YuliveeYulivee Member
    edited December 2023
    heebi wrote: »
    However, I would like to express some concerns about a few skills that were presented. I noticed that some of them give the impression that arrows are flying from the bow at a machine gun-like speed. Unfortunately, this detracted significantly from the immersion for me and made me feel a bit more like I was in the world of Cyberpunk 2077 rather than the fantastical realm I hoped to immerse myself in during gameplay.

I hope you understand my concerns and consider this aspect carefully. I know you care about the quality and player experience, so I would like to request a greater focus on immersion in the context of the ranger's skills. Less "machine gun" and more mystique, if possible.

Same here but my concerns about this are also related to the gameplay.
    Really liked most of the ideas shown but unfortunately I received the impression that the actual implementation of the ranger with such a high frequency of effects&damage hitting the enemy will lead to something like GuildWars2 where at any given time in combat there is so much going on that really tactical conscious acting and reacting becomes nearly impossible (eveyone seems to be jumping around like crazy and spamming everything at once.. at least how it felt to me).
    I know that the classic-WoW Combat is from 20 years ago and can feel kind of slow but there is a kind of conscious decision making in every action and reaction I missed in games like GWII and BDO that sometimes feel like you are playing Street Fighter against your little brother who wins by pressing all buttons at once Oo

Edit:
    Like to add one thought about the airstrike-ability, which I really liked. Maybe it should be split up into two abilities? One for the jump-part and one that is a shot that can only be activated during the jump-part?
  • Options
    Yulivee wrote: »
    heebi wrote: »
    However, I would like to express some concerns about a few skills that were presented. I noticed that some of them give the impression that arrows are flying from the bow at a machine gun-like speed. Unfortunately, this detracted significantly from the immersion for me and made me feel a bit more like I was in the world of Cyberpunk 2077 rather than the fantastical realm I hoped to immerse myself in during gameplay.

I hope you understand my concerns and consider this aspect carefully. I know you care about the quality and player experience, so I would like to request a greater focus on immersion in the context of the ranger's skills. Less "machine gun" and more mystique, if possible.

Same here but my concerns about this are also related to the gameplay.
    Really liked most of the ideas shown but unfortunately I received the impression that the actual implementation of the ranger with such a high frequency of effects&damage hitting the enemy will lead to something like GuildWars2 where at any given time in combat there is so much going on that really tactical conscious acting and reacting becomes nearly impossible (eveyone seems to be jumping around like crazy and spamming everything at once.. at least how it felt to me).
    I know that the classic-WoW Combat is from 20 years ago and can feel kind of slow but there is a kind of conscious decision making in every action and reaction I missed in games like GWII and BDO that sometimes feel like you are playing Street Fighter against your little brother who wins by pressing all buttons at once Oo

Edit:
    Like to add one thought about the airstrike-ability, which I really liked. Maybe it should be split up into two abilities? One for the jump-part and one that is a shot that can only be activated during the jump-part?

I m pretty much on the some page. The frequency of arrows is not only reducing immersion but it affects playing as or against the ranger a lot. If you had not told so I would never have noticed that arrows change when using certain ammunition and I could barely tell any difference when you speced into more combos for autoattacks. This makes it really hard to know when a combo is finished or when to use defensive abilities. It mostly felt like a storm of arrows a lot of the time.

• Options
    overall I'm really impressed with the improvements to the Ranger especially making the mobility more controllable. I can see how someone who likes rangers would really enjoy this.

only thing I think would be nice if the omnidirectional disengage had different animations for the different directions to some degree. it was cool and I imagine it feeling fun, but going forward then backflipping forward was a little jarring. it's a minor tidbit but it stood out to me.
  • Options
    BabayugahBabayugah Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    How do you feel about the Ranger Archetype Update?
    As a whole, it was great. The direction of the combat for the class and the mobility, freedom, animations, skills & choices etc.

What excites you about playing and interacting with the Ranger archetype?
    Being able to push the class to it's limits in PvP and PvE - best class btw.

Is there anything in particular you’re excited or concerned about regarding what was shown with the Ranger Archetype Update?

I think as with majority, if not everyone, I was overly excited to see the update to Air Strike and the freedom within the skill. Before, it was easily telegraphed and felt overly slow for an ability that seemed intended to create distance or traverse around targets in a way. The freedom while in air to navigate how you land and the update to the animation/skill itself is purely amazing.

Scatter shot animation and ability to charge it for that focused AoE attack was very impressive. I really enjoyed seeing that.

Disengage having the versatility in how it's discharged via passive points is incredibly unique and an awesome addition to help facilitate player choice.

I'm not so sure how I feel about Hunts. For hunts to be a school of augmentation, I would expect a little more out of the skill itself at least for the Ranger specifically. As is, I feel like Mark of the Raven had a more interesting effect than Hunt of the Raven. Maybe that comes with doubling down on that augment school as a Ranger? However, those and marks/imbues being off of the GCD is amazing to see as well.

Thundering shot the effect is cool, I don't necessarily like the animation for it. Someone else had stated a similar opinion in that it looks more like a spell than a projectile from a bow. I'm not sure how that could be changed, but it would be nice to see.

My concern is the basic attack progression with the SB. The increase attack speed within the small passives and then additional arrow hits seem to create such a stream of fire that you can potentially get away with spamming your basic attack towards an opponent to win while ignoring your actual ability kit. What was shown was without specific gear, general buffs, food buffs, consumables etc that can further enhance a SB spam meta. This, in my opinion, takes away from the skill & skill ceiling that Ranger is supposed to have as a class.

I don't have issue with the combo length, just the additional arrows and the potential exponential attack speed stacking for it.

As far as balancing goes that I've seen multiple discussions around. In my opinion, it's all irrelevant when we only have a fraction of the picture intended and given the fact nobody has tested/played the class yet. Once we have the whole picture (all classes, all abilities and physically testing ourselves) only then can we really make informed remarks regarding balance.

Overall I hope to see more skills having the potential to change the way it's used like Scatter Shot. Giving players the ability to have more action oriented skill shots in a sense would be a great addition. I love the mobility of the class so far. As a Ranger main, I'm loving the direction the class is being taken.

Are there similar archetypes you’ve seen in other games that you like or dislike? If so, please explain!

The basic attack spam reminds me of AA. While I did not really play the game, I watched a decent amount of footage on it and for the short duration I checked it out, was immediately turned off by the spam basic attacks from the bow. It doesn't feel fun, it doesn't add skill to the class, it honestly takes away from it.
  • Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited December 2023
    I found the rapid fire looks too much like a mechine gun. Maybe less rapid fire and have each shot do more damage. The best Archer can shoot about 3 to 4 arrows in succession. Just some food for thought. Thanks for your hard work. Looks like a really fun class.
  • Options
    hapyhapy Member
    edited December 2023
    Rangers hunt / marks and the arrow buffs seems core mechanic that will be in almost every rotation used on cooldown. What do you think about customizable radial(circular) menus so we can handle this ammount of skills.

We could select skills we want to be in some group and assign menu to it. Then map some key bind to that menu. We could customize how we want the menu to open and how to trigger skills in it e.g.

- press menu key and move with mouse, when menu key released activate selected skill
    - or you toggle menu by key and then you need to click with mouse
    - etc just give players options how to use it

I like the idea of these skills of rangers but in case we have like 5 of them from each category, it is already 15 active skills that are basically relevant that you will have them in your build. How do you key bind 15 skills + all other active skills and be effective ...
    With the circular menu you only need 3 keys and then move with mouse

Or you could do it like in hogwarts legacy that you switch skill bar with one key and all other keys will get basically rebind to new skills.

I thought it would be nice to have another option how to access skills that we don't usually see in mmo genre. Of course this could be used by anybody, in different context, not just the ranger.
  • Options
    Also I do agree with some commenters that the fire sometimes feel a little too rapid. I have mixed feelings about it, especially the auto attack.
    If I imagine I have like 5 hour play session and constantly see just rain of arrows, I can see it being quite weird :neutral:
  • Options
    Its PERFECT! The fast pace auto-attack and the skills with unique concepts and very cool execution... MAJESTIC! The only way it can get better is with more skills, but gotta wait for the game hahah perfect what you guys have shown... Now, please keep this quality for the Rogue and Warrior archetypes... <3 FAST PACED AND RESPONSIVE COMBAT ITS THE KEY, YOU GUYS ARE IN THE RIGHT TRACK WITH THIS ONE
  • Options
    PLEASE add a target distance indicator next to the target HP bar
    gk68vjvy9li2.png
    Exemple of indicator>
    wdccaq76gsqs.png

• Options
    Vibe I got from the Ranger could be summed up by:

Well at least they can set their blasters to stun.

Ranger seemed a little Starship Trooper-ish. If that’s the fantasy archer you want to go with.

If rapid fire is a thing, then the accuracy and impact of each shot needs to be reduced. Counterpoint is rewarding the stable archer who takes the measured shot (but needs to be a point in the draw where that also follows a law of diminishing returns).

Also need to balance it with an arrow inventory for economy of attacks. Reminded me of an 80s action flick where the dude’s 50 caliber machine gun never runs out of ammo. Perhaps these are just magic quivers of endless arrows?

For the short bow vs long bow comparison, simply put, the long bow is a full body weapon whereas the short bow is upper body. So mobility with the short bow makes sense, especially in the context of horse archer or skirmisher. Longbow is the big daddy, less effective on the run, but more likely to pack a punch at longer range, especially en masse. Probably magic arrows are penetrating that plate armor though.

I get it that in a video game of rock-paper-scissors the realistic accuracy of weapons is less important, and the average person is going to go with the stereotypes of movies and other media. And you want a fun class. Would be nice, however, for someone to find a way to do both. Guess that’s the challenge.

Overall, good step forward from the previous Ranger showcase. Will be nice to see how it compares or complements other classes.
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Trickster wrote: »
    PLEASE add a target distance indicator next to the target HP bar
    gk68vjvy9li2.png
    Exemple of indicator>
    wdccaq76gsqs.png

this and target of target would be much appreciated for testing,
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    I think AOE skills should be placeable like the bear trap (by moving the cursor(mouse) instead of the camera rotation) because now it feels like every AOE skills, minus bear trap, is action combat.
  • Options
    •CC break!

•The hunts are great. Idk why i like passives that do different things so fun but im happy to see this. The hunt of the raven, bear and tiger is really neat and makes the ranger feel special and more soulfull. Im happy that you guys changed this up and went with passive buff instead of you have to shoot them out or whatever it was before. Makes it so you can choose what kind of stance you go into based of the situation that you are in. Big plus!

•It seems like you guys have made the ranger have a good mix of channel, instant, and build up abilities, that's nice to see!

Disslikes

•I prefer the damage numbers to go straight up from the enemy and have a little icon show what ability did what damage. Reason why it should go straight up is to reduce clutter and make it easier to see what ability did what damage.

•Abilities for kiting? How does that work with ranger. Would of liked to see some more action on the run!

Overall feeling about combat

•As much as i like cc break and evades I do hope it's on long cooldown(around 60 sec) and i hope the overall battlefield is not going to be too zoomie with all the jumps and dodges. Hope it sticks to classes like rouge and ranger!
  • Options
    The Ranger looks excellent and the effects you have created are lovely.

I thought the 'machine gunning' of arrows was a little arcadey. Perhaps slowing arrow release would be more believable. Also, as soon as you lose focus on your target, or they on you, the target lock should break, no click and hit please. Shooting arrows accurately should take a little skill.

Otherwise, the Ranger looked great.
  • Options
    keyframekeyframe Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Finally got a chance to watch the ranger livestream. With what I saw, like the mage, the rangers kit seems to be very generic in terms theme, with lots of the abilities being the ones you'd expect to see. However, unlike the mage which seemed generic and rather boring (as a mostly mage main), I think the way the rangers abilities have been implemented look really good and for the most part, they feel like a cohesive whole and take a more modern approach to skills we've seen before. To the point where I'm actually considering playing a ranger after seeing how good this looks, and how underwhelming/disappointing the mage seemed. Which is very surprising since I have never really liked a rangers kit enough to play one.

So yeah I think the ranger looks pretty dam good after the update, with a few exceptions....

What comes to mind immediately in this regard is the trap. The trap was probably the most underwhelming ability shown, and that includes disengage, which is almost ubiquitous among ranger classes at this point. I think my first issues with them lies in the duration, 30 second duration doesn't exactly allow for planning and thus is excluding a possible gameplay avenue in longer term preparation. The second main issue I have with it is the there's no interactivity. The character just gets a very (very) small stop in their movement and they go on their way. I think my favorite implementation of traps was Wildstars rogue, where the trap would tether the character to a small area until they targeted it and broke the trap. Some sort of interaction between the affected target and the trap, or some further gameplay element seems missing, as it stands now the trap seems very "meh" from both ends. I'd like to see something like the above, as well as maybe being able to pre-apply a mark to the trap for an overcharged mark or as a way to get an extra one if the ability comes off cooldown before the trap is triggered.

The next thing that comes to mind is the grouped abilities, so Marks, Hunts, and Ammo types. Unsure how these are going to work, if you're going to have access to all the different grouped abilities at the same time or if you'll have to spec into each, but I would worry about ability count, and the ranger not feeling as nice as other classes due to either too many things having to be on your hotbars or a different flavor of the same ability being counted when considering the overall number of abilities a ranger would have access too. As for the actual abilities in these groups themselves I do like the effects and look forward to the resource interplay between Hunts and Marks.

Now for some more nit-picky things.
    Not sure if this will feel different when playing vs. watching but the scatter shots short hop back, it didn't look like it felt too good to use. Unsure if I'd want it removed, given a longer distance, or have it be more an omni-directional thing like when you spec into disengage.

Like with the mage, the way the lightning effect appears with the storm arrow, doesn't look great. Don't know if it's an animation/timing thing or an effects thing but something seems off.

The jump shot, definitely needs a personal telegraph as your doing your jump, if you're going to allow the player to move about.

The wording on "next 10 shots" needs to be explicit in what it means. Whether it applies / stacks with abilities or whether it only means the basic combo.

I'm sure I'm missing some of the things I thought about while watching but these were the more prominent ones in my mind. Overall great job, and now I'm looking forward to seeing the Mage update.
  • Options
    my only criticism for this showcase was the short bow attack speed , honestly its too fast and too much.

i think the short bow speed and amount of arrows from the first ranger show case was close to perfection, imo make it shoot 3 arrows and a little slower and make the weapon tree add 1 more arrow , u can have more diverse and creative things for the weapon mastery skills
    ykwk7qwgw5os.jpg
  • Options
    How do you feel about the Ranger Archetype Update?

I'm pretty excited to see where Rangers (and overall ranged combat) are now, and it was a good way to end 2023. You guys now have two financial quarters & change to showcase the other archetypes so I have something worth shooting at in Alpha 2. >:)
    What excites you about playing and interacting with the Ranger archetype?

Big picture, the Ranger archetype is exactly the base-class I was hoping for to roam Verra. Zooming in, I want to figure out how to best connect the weapon tree, the class tree, the skill blends, and weapon selection so it *feels* intuitive in the wild.
    Is there anything in particular you’re excited or concerned about regarding what was shown with the Ranger Archetype Update?

A few things on the list:
    - I want to see the balance between ranged and melee combat for the ranger (& for other archetypes). There is this misperception in core fantasy that rangers are synonymous with archers. Rangers are named because they range - i.e. wander - the wilds. A bow is a tool not a concrete job requirement, and just as valuable as an axe or a spear, depending on the situation. Of all the classes, I want the ranger to be the most versatile switching between bows & melee.
    - The rapid shot looks a little too 'heavy stormtrooper' to me. Too fast and too colorful. I want rapid fire to feel like 'tchunk....tchunk .... tchunk... tchunk' not 'PEWPEWPEWPEW'
    - I'm torn on the disengage flip. On the one hand, I L-O-V-E the mobility (in the theme of versatility). On the other hand, I don't want to see a screen full of acrobatic rangers just flipping around the landscape and vertical climbs, dodging any incoming damage. That would be silly. So some reasonable moderation will be required.
    - The core function of marks is cool. I'm not sure if there are lore tie-ins here, but it would be cool to expand the connection to bear, wolves, ravens to something deeper and more meaningful than just abilities. Any of the animistic world religions can serve as an informative baseline for where the ranger can go. What happens when you have a Ranger from the Ravensgardt clan run into the bannerman of the Bjornsggardt?
    Are there similar archetypes you’ve seen in other games that you like or dislike? If so, please explain!
    - The Strider from Dragon's Dogma - good balance of ranged to melee
    - The flow between ranged and melee from Elden Ring or Mortal Online II
    - Not sure how deep tracking will be yet, but w/UE5 the options could be cool. Ideally, something in between the animal tracking in RDR2 (scents) and the more mystical tracking in Witcher 3 (senses). If I pincushioned an annoying rogue, I'd like to be able to run him to ground and finish him off after he stealthed to escape.

Overall - excellent job, Intrepid.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    Greetings Adventurers.

I'll split this post in two parts while trying not to be too long and boring. :smile: Firstly I'll be giving my opinion about the Ranger Archtype itself and, afterwards, my opinion about the direction I would consider interesting for all Archtypes in general.

Regarding the Ranger Archtype I think the overall approach is very well designed. The animations and spell effecfs look polished and the base kit matches what we expect from a ranger in MMORPGs. Furthermore, I think the shown kit have a lot of potential for learning the base concept for the Archtype, while still offering an acceptable learning curve on the Ranger's skill ceiling. The mechanic around Marks and Hunts fit perfectly in the archtype's fantasy.

Regarding the overall direction for all Archtypes, I would consider super interesting if all archtypes are more focused about tab targeting abilities (about 90-95% of the toolkit) and still having some impactfull skillshots, which would diferentiate low to average skilled players from high skilled players for that same Archtype (which would be the other 5-10% of the toolkit). If this is the case, even more casual players would feel compelled to play a certain archtype, as they would excel in 90-95% of their Archtype while still have those 5-10% as a progression goal on perfecting their chosen Archtype. For those who can't reach this 5-10%, they would still be viable of playing those 90-95% of their Archtype potential, which would not demotivated them to play the Archtype they like.

Also (and this is a bit off-topic), I would be pleased to see if some Archtype have some sort of utility skill. Something that make other think "oh, if we bring X Archtype on our group we would be able to do Y, which would not be possible without him, otherwise". As an example, the Rogue Archtype would be able to spot treasures and track hidden passages inside dungeons. This type of abilities add another layer of Archtype's fantasy, and the feel of being needed and useful.

Some ideas on utility skills for some Archtypes (i''m not that good with naming abilities, so don't blame me) :smile::
    Ranger (problably more suitable for the Scout Specilization)
    Hints Pursuit - this skill would allow the Ranger to spot subtle hints on the environment which, if he follows them, would lead to discover an otherwise not findable mob inside the dungeon. There could be dungeons where this mob would be trackable by the hunter in every dungeon reset (some named mob with an appealing loot) and other dungeons where the mobs will not always the there. Also, the loot on this mobs, this could also support an hidden sub-system on Archtypes, being the Utility Progression, meaning this mobs could drop items that would increase the Ranger efficiency on Hints Pursuit, having higher level dungeons to require a higher efficiency on Hints Pursuit to allow the Ranger to discover the hidden mob on that specific dungeon. Let's call this mobs the "Utility Bosses" as they would serve the purpose of levling this Utility skills.

Archwizzard
    Colossus Meltdown - The Archwizzard would be able to meltdown frozen doors/passages that would lead to Utility Mobs.

Warlock
    Death Realm - The Warlock would be able to enter the Death Realm. Inside the Death Realm he would be able to see spirit ghosts from the past (which are not visible in the "Normal Realm") and interact with them. Some of this mobs would be Lore-focused but other could conjure a portal (both to Death and Normal Realms) to allow all members in the group to go thought it and access a room with an Utility Boss or an otherwise unaccessable treasure chest.

Anyways, Intrepid, thank you for all the hard work you've been putting into the game. The progress it's on point and on the right direction. Happy New Year, everyone| :smile:
  • Options
    considering I have a soft spot for ranged dps, I was very happy with what I saw and the direction the Ranger class is heading. Very much looking forward to spending some time with this class during the next alpha.
  • Options
    Barrage is shooting arrows at a too high frequency.

Arrows which travel on a horizontally curved trajectory, should have both physical and magical damage. When the curvature increases, the physical damage should decrease and should consume more mana.

The lash concept should be adjusted to make mobs defend a common area.
    Mobs should keep fighting when they retreat unless they flee.
    They should heal (slowly) only if nobody attacks them.
    When a named mob fights around, all should be more dangerous as if being better coordinated.
    Players should not be able to easily predict the place where a mob will flee or retreat. We should see surprising unusual behavior caused by other mob deaths, repeated player aggression, player low health etc