Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Resting after a Battle/Fight.

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    Dragonseed wrote: »
    I enjoy that sitting..perhaps all crafting while resting and give sitting/resting a 50% boost for heathregen and allow some classes to meditate to boost mana Regen and allow some gear to boost regain rates some that can be crafted... besides the obvious food/drinks

Again most people aren't saying "no sitting" most are in the inbetween that just want things a bit faster and not slower.

Difficulty of content can increase time to kill mobs and make players think before they act creating more in-between breaks as they take on challenges. But it will require mobs be more than just sponges and straight damage dealers. Else people will turn off their brain and run through content.
  • Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I miss the uniqueness that was the support class.
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    Fantmx wrote: »
    I miss the uniqueness that was the support class.

What do you want to see that is unique about a support class, or even different than the norm of what support classes are normally now adays?
  • Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I don't think support classes exist as they used to. I am talking Enchanters, Shaman, Druids and OG Bards. They left a long time ago.
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    Fantmx wrote: »
    I don't think support classes exist as they used to. I am talking Enchanters, Shaman, Druids and OG Bards. They left a long time ago.

Ya i feel things over time with mmorpgs have been kind of dumbed down a bit so that element of support was loss with supporting leaning more towards healing. That kind of a unique angle to support element and classes in general.

Though AoC only has like 8 archetypes seeing all the classes made me feel a bit more of the old vibe or just me hoping there will be some cool traits that are unique than the norm.

Between bard / summoner hopefully that adds a bit of uniqueness to some of those full classes + other archtypes.
  • Options
    XeegXeeg Member
    edited March 9
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    People are trying to be like it needs to be like mmorpgs, while actually ignoring it didn't take 30 seconds to recover in old mmorpgs and more like 10-20 seconds. So effectively they are trying to make it worse and its not even grounded reasoning.

Well even what i was proposing was something like 3%/s. thats 30s from zero to full, 15s resting from half, 7.5s resting from a quarter. Still not that bad, this isn't even consuming food.

Another nice thing about something like the resting rate is that they can use it as an anchor to base other timings around. Basically if they want the fight to last 4x the resting rate and expect a player to need a quarter rest per fight, they can budget time between fights taking 30s + 7.5s resting + resting animation time.

This sort of thing can help guide their exp rate projections for areas and players and parties and even balance out relative power of heals and dmg mitigation.
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    Xeeg wrote: »
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    People are trying to be like it needs to be like mmorpgs, while actually ignoring it didn't take 30 seconds to recover in old mmorpgs and more like 10-20 seconds. So effectively they are trying to make it worse and its not even grounded reasoning.

Well even what i was proposing was something like 3%/s. thats 30s from zero to full, 15s resting from half, 7.5s resting from a quarter. Still not that bad, this isn't even consuming food.

Another nice thing about something like the resting rate is that they can use it as an anchor to base other timings around. Basically if they want the fight to last 4x the resting rate and expect a player to need a quarter rest per fight, they can budget time between fights taking 30s + 7.5s resting + resting animation time.

This sort of thing can help guide their exp rate projections for areas and players and parties and even balance out relative power of heals and dmg mitigation.

Than reduce the time as if everyone already has this "food buff" as I've heard nothing about out of combat recovering increases a food buff can give. The limited information we have is just food gives increased stats.

There is no reason to make resting worse and relying on a potential food buff that players will have all the time anyway.
  • Options
    OrymOrym Member
    Lashing wrote: »
    Having to sit and wait is not the resource management. It is the penalty for having bad resource management or for taking risks that resulted in having low resources. Slower safe play should result in very little downtime in exchange for less efficiency during actual combat.

See, that is what I hope they get right. I am all for risk vs reward and some sort of mana management and using your resources effectively. But I really don't think the penalty if you can't manage it too well is to sit down and smell flowers for a minute.

I also don't like the idea of having to hold back too much, always being afraid to press abilities and what the negative conseqenses are going to be. When my party needs heal I want to go super saiyan.
    I come from warhammer online and really like what they did there. There was resource management but you never felt scared to get to a point of being completely drained and useless.