Simple question. Do you want Ashes to succeed, or fail?

Ayeveegaming1Ayeveegaming1 Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Are you for Ashes succeeding or failing. I ask this because by reading some of these threads makes me think you all want it to fail. Can you not see the negativity you are generating? Its understandable if you have questions. But to beat to death, over and over, on these forums, on reddit, on Reactions from content creators. Can you not see the negativity you are generating? Say your piece and move on, or am I to assume you guys want to tank Ashes. Lots of people still have hope, and I think you guys just want to ruin it for everyone because your feelings are out of control.
5pc7z05ap5uc.png

Comments

• I don't believe anybody that is here on these forums reading and writing posts wants this game to fail. Maybe some people are negative by nature :D
    3hmamy1ekfqy.gif
  • AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Ambivalent/don't care.

When my friends and I jumped in to support this game, we saw some signs and made some assumptions about what type of game it was going to be.

We're not the simplistic type that just go 'yeah! give us all the good things and none of the bad things!' because games don't work like that. They gotta make choices about implementation. And some of those choices will upset some people because they "weren't clear about the intentions from the start".

So I care if Ashes succeeds for the sake of the devs and for the sake of all the people who want to play this very specific implementation, but I barely want to, and the way they handle things lately annoys me/us immensely.

You gotta take into account the number of people who have been 'burned' by things Intrepid brought to the table later and just don't care anymore. Some of us still want to help, but that only goes so far.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Ayeveegaming1Ayeveegaming1 Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I don't believe anybody that is here on these forums reading and writing posts wants this game to fail. Maybe some people are negative by nature :D

Most likely, but imagine if you where new and came here to check out the game. After reading these threads would you want to play it? After watching asmongold or narc? Sure does not paint a pretty picture.
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
    Ravicus wrote: »
    I don't believe anybody that is here on these forums reading and writing posts wants this game to fail. Maybe some people are negative by nature :D

Most likely, but imagine if you where new and came here to check out the game. After reading these threads would you want to play it? After watching asmongold or narc? Sure does not paint a pretty picture.

To expand on that a little, this is KIND of the point.

Steven says 'Ashes won't be for everyone', but it was at least a bit unclear about who the 'not-everyone' were, for a bit.

And Steven is/was generally pretty bad at giving any specifics about it, for many reasons which I, for one, can forgive him for.

But Asmongold isn't trying to make people want to play Ashes, Asmongold is being an entertainer who also happens to try to 'help' others recognize if they don't actually want to play Ashes. There's no 'pretty picture' to paint.

• I can imagine why you came with such question, there's too many people who whine too much and also request insane things, things that belong to a survival game for example
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
    Azherae wrote: »
    Ambivalent/don't care.

When my friends and I jumped in to support this game, we saw some signs and made some assumptions about what type of game it was going to be.

We're not the simplistic type that just go 'yeah! give us all the good things and none of the bad things!' because games don't work like that. They gotta make choices about implementation. And some of those choices will upset some people because they "weren't clear about the intentions from the start".

So I care if Ashes succeeds for the sake of the devs and for the sake of all the people who want to play this very specific implementation, but I barely want to, and the way they handle things lately annoys me/us immensely.

You gotta take into account the number of people who have been 'burned' by things Intrepid brought to the table later and just don't care anymore. Some of us still want to help, but that only goes so far.

I just don't get the outrage. It does not make sense. I see a lot of half truths being tossed about and repeated that have people in an uproar, and some of those half truths are being pushed by new accounts created unbelievably on the day they make the posts lol. If people do not think that Intreped has not seen their posts by now there is something wrong. By continuing to beat that drum only drives players, new and old away from the game. I hope they know what they are doing.
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
    Ambivalent/don't care.

I just don't get the outrage. It does not make sense. I see a lot of half truths being tossed about and repeated that have people in an uproar, and some of those half truths are being pushed by new accounts created unbelievably on the day they make the posts lol. If people do not think that Intreped has not seen their posts by now there is something wrong. By continuing to beat that drum only drives players, new and old away from the game. I hope they know what they are doing.

Oh, that's a different concern.

The internet is full of people who want to talk first, and read after, so they come to make their posts even if the same thing has been 50% of the posts for two pages.

Just gotta wait until it dies down. In a way, even your post is just going to sorta do the same.

Let the fire burn out, the Phoenix will rise from the Ashes of it.

Steven says 'Ashes won't be for everyone', but it was at least a bit unclear about who the 'not-everyone' were, for a bit.

And Steven is/was generally pretty bad at giving any specifics about it, for many reasons which I, for one, can forgive him for.

But Asmongold isn't trying to make people want to play Ashes, Asmongold is being an entertainer who also happens to try to 'help' others recognize if they don't actually want to play Ashes. There's no 'pretty picture' to paint.

asmond has followers who blindly parrot what he says, and his followers are in the millions.
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png

asmond has followers who blindly parrot what he says, and his followers are in the millions.

idk, you brought him up...

The answer to 'would you want to play it after checking out these threads, if you were new' differs by person.

Technically our biggest problem is that no one is going to know that until probably this time next year because we as a community cannot even agree on what to tell people to expect anymore.

Some content creators just jump to 'saying their opinions' instead. That's all it is.

Ambivalent/don't care.

Oh, that's a different concern.

The internet is full of people who want to talk first, and read after, so they come to make their posts even if the same thing has been 50% of the posts for two pages.

Just gotta wait until it dies down. In a way, even your post is just going to sorta do the same.

Let the fire burn out, the Phoenix will rise from the Ashes of it.

I hear ya, I was reluctant to post. I only did because I am at the point where I just do not want to interact with the community. You get called a white night for wanting the game to succeed. All of us have been waiting years for this, and for some they want to burn it down while others want to put out the fire. I do get your point however, I just wanted to post this as a hope some would see what is happening to the game reputation.
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
  • I complain EXACTLY BECAUSE I want them to succeed. I want them to be the best of the fucking industry. And this industry is full of utter shit (as is evident by the entire *waves hands around the calendar of past 2 years*), so I want Intrepid to not dive head first into that shit.

I've been complaining about their info presentation for a few years now. And yet we're still getting, seemingly, rushed presentations with bad decisions in them that then lead to even worse overcorrections.

My latest piece of feedback for this has been simple: get a testscreening team of NDA'd A1 people and make them watch every showcase beforehand and give their thoughts on what could be improved. And if for some reason this is not doable because presentations are made literally last second - THAT IS A PART OF THE GOD DAMN PROBLEM.

If we're paying money to support the development - hire a second PR person who'd help Margaret with all these presentations. And if there's already a person like that - what the hell are they doing? Why are there typos in the slides? Why are the slides missing CRUCIAL information that leads to utter confusion of anyone who hasn't been able to watch a 2h stream (btw, it confuses people on the stream as well)? Why are the decisions so obviously bad that they have to be immediately fixed, that inevitably leads to overcorrections, when the issue would've been pointed out by any third-party person?

As I've been saying for years now. Intrepid, do better.
    I complain EXACTLY BECAUSE I want them to succeed. I want them to be the best of the fucking industry. And this industry is full of utter shit (as is evident by the entire *waves hands around the calendar of past 2 years*), so I want Intrepid to not dive head first into that shit.

I've been complaining about their info presentation for a few years now. And yet we're still getting, seemingly, rushed presentations with bad decisions in them that then lead to even worse overcorrections.

My latest piece of feedback for this has been simple: get a testscreening team of NDA'd A1 people and make them watch every showcase beforehand and give their thoughts on what could be improved. And if for some reason this is not doable because presentations are made literally last second - THAT IS A PART OF THE GOD DAMN PROBLEM.

If we're paying money to support the development - hire a second PR person who'd help Margaret with all these presentations. And if there's already a person like that - what the hell are they doing? Why are there typos in the slides? Why are the slides missing CRUCIAL information that leads to utter confusion of anyone who hasn't been able to watch a 2h stream (btw, it confuses people on the stream as well)? Why are the decisions so obviously bad that they have to be immediately fixed, that inevitably leads to overcorrections, when the issue would've been pointed out by any third-party person?

As I've been saying for years now. Intrepid, do better.

how many times have you said this, and how many places have you said this. Do you think they possibly have seen it by now? I'm not saying what you feel is wrong. I feel it might be pushing people away from the game we look forward to. Are you trying to convince Intrepid, or chase people away. I think intrepid knows your point of view.
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
  • Ravicus wrote: »

Well it doesn't but that's some of the problems with open development. It is not a complete game with a clear image so that you either like it or not, so shit will happen.
    3hmamy1ekfqy.gif

Well it doesn't but that's some of the problems with open development. It is not a complete game with a clear image so that you either like it or not, so shit will happen.

yes, I hear that. I fully understand why people can get upset. Its just the repeated posts, threads dealing with same topic. People are fighting in multiple threads over the same thing hah. Like I mentioned above to Ludullu_(NiKr) who are people trying to convince? I think Intrepid has seen the feedback. So what is left besides getting everyone else upset also?
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
    how many times have you said this, and how many places have you said this. Do you think they possibly have seen it by now? I'm not saying what you feel is wrong. I feel it might be pushing people away from the game we look forward to. Are you trying to convince Intrepid, or chase people away. I think intrepid knows your point of view.
    I'll keep saying this as long as Intrepid keep messing up. Steven's whole spiel is "this is open development cause we wanna listen to our audience and we want our audience to keep us in check". I'm doing that check.

And I couldn't care less about those who get spooked by a few strong words aimed at the devs who're messing up. Because if those strong words lead to a good game - anyone who left will come back and enjoy said good game.

We're called cultists and white knights every time we try to explain the complexities of Intrepid's development. Stopping our negative feedback would only embolden all the naysayers and haters, because they'll simply point to our overpositivity and yell "you see, Intrepid are doing a shitty thing, but all these fucker are happy about it! They're all simps for Steven and should not be listened to!"

This is already happening, if you've seen a few vids/streams that try to defend Intrepid in the current drama.

yes, I hear that. I fully understand why people can get upset. Its just the repeated posts, threads dealing with same topic. People are fighting in multiple threads over the same thing hah. Like I mentioned above to Ludullu_(NiKr) who are people trying to convince? I think Intrepid has seen the feedback. So what is left besides getting everyone else upset also?

Getting the attention they need ?? :#
    3hmamy1ekfqy.gif
    I'll keep saying this as long as Intrepid keep messing up. Steven's whole spiel is "this is open development cause we wanna listen to our audience and we want our audience to keep us in check". I'm doing that check.

And I couldn't care less about those who get spooked by a few strong words aimed at the devs who're messing up. Because if those strong words lead to a good game - anyone who left will come back and enjoy said good game.

We're called cultists and white knights every time we try to explain the complexities of Intrepid's development. Stopping our negative feedback would only embolden all the naysayers and haters, because they'll simply point to our overpositivity and yell "you see, Intrepid are doing a shitty thing, but all these fucker are happy about it! They're all simps for Steven and should not be listened to!"

This is already happening, if you've seen a few vids/streams that try to defend Intrepid in the current drama.

Ya, I'm really not trying to argue or disagree with you. All of htis has been stated repeatedly. My point is the image and the reputation for the game. I just hope people understand how it looks to people that are just hearing about the game.
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited August 20
    Ambivalent/don't care.

None of what you have said, ever, made sense.

You are a crystal clear example of people with ego and time to spare, both in abundance.
    And some people in this category turn hostile as soon as something that (their mind falsesly perceives as wrong) Intrepid does. That goes against their, weird I would add, views.

Yall forget that you are just potential customers. You are not advisers, you are not devs and you barely make for people with good feedback. Know your place.

Time and again I have seen topics and titles that are counter productive. Barely anyone discusses interesting ideas related to gameplay and design (within the core pillars), it's just demands and condemnations.

Cant wait for closed A2 forum sections.
  • CROW3CROW3 Member
    I just don't get the outrage. It does not make sense. I see a lot of half truths being tossed about and repeated that have people in an uproar

It's the internet in 2024? :/

Give it a week.

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
    CROW3 wrote: »
    I just don't get the outrage. It does not make sense. I see a lot of half truths being tossed about and repeated that have people in an uproar

It's the internet in 2024? :/

Give it a week.

I'm a cave man, just emerging from the shadows....:D
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
    Ya, I'm really not trying to argue or disagree with you. All of htis has been stated repeatedly. My point is the image and the reputation for the game. I just hope people understand how it looks to people that are just hearing about the game.
    But here's the fun question though. Would this "image and reputation" be better if Intrepid did better after all the feedback, instead of just kneejerking reactions every time? :)

We all want the game and the devs to succeed, otherwise we wouldn't be here (at least the oldtimers). But saying that "the feedback has been given, you should stop", to me, sounds like "I've hit that person, it's known, stop telling everyone what I did or I'll get a bad rep". Shouldn't have hit a person if you're scared of bad rep.
    edited August 21
    Ambivalent/don't care.

None of what you have said, ever, made sense.

You are a crystal clear example of people with ego and time to spare, both in abundance.
    And some people in this category turn hostile as soon as something that (their mind falsesly perceives as wrong) Intrepid does. That goes against their, weird I would add, views.

Yall forget that you are just potential customers. You are not advisers, you are not devs and you barely make for people with good feedback. Know your place.

Time and again I have seen topics and titles that are counter productive. Barely anyone discusses interesting ideas related to gameplay and design (within the core pillars), it's just demands and condemnations.

Cant wait for closed A2 forum sections.

I so don't see how closed A2 forums sections helps since I'd just be in those too?

But once again I will remind you, in the vain hope it does something...

I am here because a group of people 'sent me here', to be the voice for them. So yes, I babble on because I have the time to spare, and the 'ego', in abundance.

That's the 'job'.

This, therefore, is my place. You can continue to go 'no one cares about anything that any of this group of people has to say' until the Verran cows come home, but I'm gonna do what I've been asked to do.

But here's the fun question though. Would this "image and reputation" be better if Intrepid did better after all the feedback, instead of just kneejerking reactions every time? :)

We all want the game and the devs to succeed, otherwise we wouldn't be here (at least the oldtimers). But saying that "the feedback has been given, you should stop", to me, sounds like "I've hit that person, it's known, stop telling everyone what I did or I'll get a bad rep". Shouldn't have hit a person if you're scared of bad rep.

My opinion on what happened is different from yours about what has happened, and that's ok. So I do not think it would be nearly as bad in my opinion if this could have been handled a little better. In my opinion. Hey, I'm not saying stop what you are doing. I'm just saying look at how its affecting the big picture. We had hype and momentum going into A2 showcase, now its everyone spitting fire, raging against the machine.
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
    We had hype and momentum going into A2 showcase, now its everyone spitting fire, raging against the machine.
    And I wish that hype continued. But we at first got delayed from the inital promise. Then we got a staggered release of the A2. With a staggered high pricepoint. Which led to the drama. Which led to a huge overcorrection. Which led to initial backer drama. Which has now led TO YET ANOTHER OVERCORRECTION.

And none of that came directly from complainers, because complainers could only react to what Intrepid was doing.

I'm still hyped for A2. I'll still be there on day one sitting in a queue waiting for the broken servers to come back up. I'll still shower Intrepid with a ton of feedback on anything they ask me to test.

But I cannot agree with telling people to stop giving feedback about Intrepid's fuckups, especially when there's been several of them in a row, especially when quite a few of them relate directly to people's money (both already-spent and about-to-be-spent ones).

As Crow said, this will blowover soon, just as all previous "dramas" have. People have goldfish brains. And with all the hype surrounding Ashes, the more followers the game has - the more goldfish brains.
    We had hype and momentum going into A2 showcase, now its everyone spitting fire, raging against the machine.
    And I wish that hype continued.
    And none of that came directly from complainers, because complainers could only react to what Intrepid was doing.

I'm still hyped for A2. I'll still be there on day one sitting in a queue waiting for the broken servers to come back up. I'll still shower Intrepid with a ton of feedback on anything they ask me to test.

As Crow said, this will blowover soon, just as all previous "dramas" have.
    I am glad you are still hyped. It is a sad situation is all. I just want to get back to a more positive outlook. Yes, people have short memories. The bad thing is that negativity is remembered 4x more than positivity. I agree that it needed to be said, and I think Intrepid has been addressing these issues. Hopefully your beta issue is/will be addressed soon.
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
    Hopefully your beta issue is/will be addressed soon.
    Nah, I'm too small of a niche to care about in this context. There's maybe a few dozen people out there with giveaway A2 keys and ONLY B2 bundles. If even dozens :D It's a very very precise combination of things.
    Hopefully your beta issue is/will be addressed soon.
    Nah, I'm too small of a niche to care about in this context. There's maybe a few dozen people out there with giveaway A2 keys and ONLY B2 bundles. If even dozens :D It's a very very precise combination of things.

If you can't get it, I have extra beta keys from Kickstart and I could gift you one.
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
    If you can't get it, I have extra beta keys from Kickstart and I could gift you one.
    Nah, give it to someone who has no access at all. I'll upgrade sooner or later. My tinfoil hat makes me believe that Intrepid will resell Beta keys in the future so they might do the same trick with beta upgrades too :D:D
    Nah, give it to someone who has no access at all. I'll upgrade sooner or later. My tinfoil hat makes me believe that Intrepid will resell Beta keys in the future so they might do the same trick with beta upgrades too :D:D

Right on. The offer still stands if you need it.
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
  • nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited August 21

Yes people are often rude to new people or people they don't think they know enough to comment on things. Some feel it's their job to contole people's expectations. Some may get upset with me but on some level the OP is right.