Player enemy visual Health Bar update on hit.

1161718192022»

Comments

• FlankerFlanker Member, Alpha Two
    Azherae wrote: »
    It's subjective. Invisible HP bars are not directly correlated to an increase in the skill ceiling in most MMORPGs. It is equivalent to 'having your opponent's gear be covered entirely by their cosmetics'. This is not a 'skill ceiling rise', this is a 'skill type change' and by most reasoning, a skill ceiling decrease relative to outcomes by increasing volatility.
    Yeah, that's actually a good point, I agree. I agree as a "not very high ranking, but relatively decent ex poker player" haha
    n8ohfjz3mtqg.png
  • DepravedDepraved Member, Alpha Two
    not seeing the enemy's hp requires more game knowledge than seeing it. this increases the skill ceiling.
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha Two
    Depraved wrote: »
    not seeing the enemy's hp requires more game knowledge than seeing it. this increases the skill ceiling.
    It really doesn't.

Being able to see their health means you have more information to make correct decisions.

When it comes to something that can change due to factors you have no way of knowing, not seeing enemy HP and trying to make a correct decision based on it means you are having a guess. It could be an educated guess, but it is a guess all the same.
    Noaani wrote: »
    Being able to see their health means you have more information to make correct decisions.
    > It may not increase the skill ceiling solely for that reason as @Azherae pointed out, because it may lead to a narrower range of potentially rational decisions due to less information available.

> But at the same time, it requires more attention and focus (such as how many hits an enemy player took, how much damage he took, did he get any heals etc.) and that is something that actually increases the skill ceining.
    n8ohfjz3mtqg.png
  • Not having a HP bar is just a dumb idea period you need some visual indicator. If you want to increase your own skill ceiling turn or toggle them off how about that.
    Pendragxn wrote: »
    Not having a HP bar is just a dumb idea period you need some visual indicator. If you want to increase your own skill ceiling turn or toggle them off how about that.
    I called you out for spamming your meaningless AI-generated comments. Now I would ask you to keep posting them instead of your own "thoughts". They are less painful to read
    n8ohfjz3mtqg.png
  • Flanker wrote: »
    Not having a HP bar is just a dumb idea period you need some visual indicator. If you want to increase your own skill ceiling turn or toggle them off how about that.
    I called you out for spamming your meaningless AI-generated comments. Now I would ask you to keep posting them instead of your own "thoughts". They are less painful to read

Don’t worry the terminator and skynet won’t get you ;)
    Don’t worry the terminator and skynet won’t get you ;)
    Some of your comments make me wish they actually will xD
    n8ohfjz3mtqg.png
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha Two
    Flanker wrote: »
    > It may not increase the skill ceiling solely for that reason as @Azherae pointed out, because it may lead to a narrower range of potentially rational decisions due to less information available.

> But at the same time, it requires more attention and focus (such as how many hits an enemy player took, how much damage he took, did he get any heals etc.) and that is something that actually increases the skill ceining.

No, you don't need to do any of this.

You are at absolutely zero disadvantage if you assume someone that you are fighting, but that you don't know the HP of is at 100%.

There is no need to keep a running total of damage - and indeed there is no way to do that when you get in to anything past 2v2 PvP.
  • GithalGithal Member
    edited October 9
    iccer wrote: »
    Can you please give me a TL:DR on why? I just don't see the point.
    The current system will lead directly to the abuse of the corruption system, which would then lead to complaints about corruption "being broken" and to changes that will make that system even harsher than it already is.

If I can see where your hp is - I can know how to keep you at <=25%hp. This will directly hamper your ability to clear pve content, while I will not get any corruption for it. And with even the tiniest bit of math on top of this system, we'll quickly learn relatively precise hp values of our victims, which will not only make it way easier to keep them at low hp, but will also make it easier to kill them under mobs w/o becoming corrupted.

None of that is the case if you can't see your target's hp. Invisible hp worked completely fine in L2, when it came to pvp and PKing, and it quite often punished anyone who tried the abuse I described above, because they'd overestimate the hp of their target and would PK them instead of keeping them low.

Fair point, but since there are skills like the Execute the fighter has, that deals more dmg to low hp targets, you will need some form of knowledge of the enemy hp.

BUT your comment is mostly true for 1v1 situation. Or 1 vs group of players that want to grief you.
    Since AOC will be group based game, the average scenario will be group vs group. And in this case you will either find it really hard to keep them low hp without killing at least 1 of them, or the group can just find the right moment for an counter attack with some cc + burst focus on enemy heal for example.
    You can always wait for some reinforcements from your guild also.

Also in group vs group its important to have hp bar so you know who to focus, when to switch target and so on. Since the healers will know the exact hp of the targets they need to heal, it will be only fair for the dmg dealers to know who to dps and when to burst dmg also.

I think the current model is good compromise between full hp bar and no hp bar at all.
    No, you don't need to do any of this.

You are at absolutely zero disadvantage if you assume someone that you are fighting, but that you don't know the HP of is at 100%.

There is no need to keep a running total of damage - and indeed there is no way to do that when you get in to anything past 2v2 PvP.
    Okay bruv... don't xD
    n8ohfjz3mtqg.png
  • DepravedDepraved Member, Alpha Two
    Githal wrote: »
    iccer wrote: »
    Can you please give me a TL:DR on why? I just don't see the point.
    The current system will lead directly to the abuse of the corruption system, which would then lead to complaints about corruption "being broken" and to changes that will make that system even harsher than it already is.

If I can see where your hp is - I can know how to keep you at <=25%hp. This will directly hamper your ability to clear pve content, while I will not get any corruption for it. And with even the tiniest bit of math on top of this system, we'll quickly learn relatively precise hp values of our victims, which will not only make it way easier to keep them at low hp, but will also make it easier to kill them under mobs w/o becoming corrupted.

None of that is the case if you can't see your target's hp. Invisible hp worked completely fine in L2, when it came to pvp and PKing, and it quite often punished anyone who tried the abuse I described above, because they'd overestimate the hp of their target and would PK them instead of keeping them low.

Fair point, but since there are skills like the Execute the fighter has, that deals more dmg to low hp targets, you will need some form of knowledge of the enemy hp.

BUT your comment is mostly true for 1v1 situation. Or 1 vs group of players that want to grief you.
    Since AOC will be group based game, the average scenario will be group vs group. And in this case you will either find it really hard to keep them low hp without killing at least 1 of them, or the group can just find the right moment for an counter attack with some cc + burst focus on enemy heal for example.
    You can always wait for some reinforcements from your guild also.

Also in group vs group its important to have hp bar so you know who to focus, when to switch target and so on. Since the healers will know the exact hp of the targets they need to heal, it will be only fair for the dmg dealers to know who to dps and when to burst dmg also.

I think the current model is good compromise between full hp bar and no hp bar at all.

you mostly just shoot whoever is in front and kite back. don't need hp bars to hit the person out of position ;3
  • GithalGithal Member
    edited October 10
    Depraved wrote: »

you mostly just shoot whoever is in front and kite back. don't need hp bars to hit the person out of position ;3

Spoken like a true Shooter game player :D
    Unfortunately/Fortunately - NO - In MMO games focusing the guy that is in front of you is 99% of the times the worst thing possible you could do. Mostly because the front line are the tanks. And yes if your whole group focus the enemy tank you will be able to kill him for several seconds, but in this time you will lose your healer + few of your dps.