Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

FAQ's about Ashes of Creation

Comments

• Options
    This game looks like it's going to be a lot of fun. I love the ideas so far, keep them coming. Any sort buy in package ideas yet? I'm looking forward to something awesome, and there seems to be a great start. Thanks and good luck.
  • Options
    That sounds awesome! I´m looking towards future developments!
  • Options
    first game ive been excited about in 8 years
  • Options
    The only thing I hope is that the game does not end up focusing only on pvp like many others, I hope it is a pvx (nodes for both modes, dungeons, questing&lore, raids, open world raids and events for pve, open pvp, sieges, war nodes, clan wars, duels, pk, etc for pvp). That and not p2w
  • Options
    [quote quote=4961]The only thing I hope is that the game does not end up focusing only on pvp like many others, I hope it is a pvx (nodes for both modes, dungeons, questing&lore, raids, open world raids and events for pve, open pvp, sieges, war nodes, clan wars, duels, pk, etc for pvp). That and not p2w

[/quote]

There will be many ways to enjoy the game with PvE only. There are many things you can only do with PvP, but not only. They say everything in the informational posts, at their website, their blogs,...

Steven said that the model will be subscription based (most likely) :)
  • Options
    Big hellos to everyone in this community. Thank you for the FAQ. Looking forward to seeing this game evolve. Let me know if I can help in anyway. Switched notifications on for this topic.
  • Options
    So insanely hyped about the PvP in this game, been waiting ages for an MMO that has the balls to do a UO-esque pvp system.
  • Options
    Thank you for the overview, I am very happy to see and participate in this project as it develops and look forward to getting a chance to dive into this world!
  • Options
    Welcome all the new people !!! if you want to stay up-to date with any news or sneak peak's head on over to the official discord @ <a href="https://discord.gg/ashesofcreation" target="_blank">https://discord.gg/ashesofcreation</a>
  • Options
    will there be oceans and ships and pirates?
  • Options
    The referral program will operate on Russian servers?
  • Options
    [quote quote=5296]will there be oceans and ships and pirates?

[/quote]
    Ships at the very least are a possibility going by the dev blogs which said "The development of these Nodes will give great environmental benefits, bridges to connect new areas, better roads for travel and even harbors for coastal cities." - <a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/a-world-with-consequences/">Source</a>

---

[quote quote=5366]The referral program will operate on Russian servers?

[/quote]
    Going out on a limb and saying yes as I see no reason as to why not. I believe referrals are linked to your account, whichever server that account may end up being on.
  • Options
    @steven, @team,

Hello,

Sorry to post here, I don't see a topic on this subject.

It's possible to add a functionality to edit (title, content), delete all of our topics?

Thanks,
    Rob
  • Options
    How many players concurrently per server?
  • Options
    [quote quote=5846]How many players concurrently per server?

[/quote]
    We're not sure at the moment. The game is still pre-alpha so I don't think the devs are focused on that yet.
  • Options
    [quote quote=5856]
    We’re not sure at the moment. The game is still pre-alpha so I don’t think the devs are focused on that yet.

[/quote]
    They(devs) must to know 100 or 5k max online per server)
  • Options
    [quote quote=5861]<blockquote>
    <div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/faqs-about-ashes-of-creation/page/9/#post-5856" rel="nofollow">Silv wrote:</a></div>
    We’re not sure at the moment. The game is still pre-alpha so I don’t think the devs are focused on that yet.

</blockquote>
    They(devs) must to know 100 or 5k max online per server)

[/quote]
    Well if they do then they are yet to share that info with us. As far as we know they are yet to come to an agreement a company in regards to server hosting. Last I heard they were in talks with Google though.
  • Options
    If there are no factions and my friends want to play fisherman instead of gathering ore the contributing to another node means I have to fight them? Is there an option to avoid it being splitted?

Has Water more to offer than just fish? Lets say I am contributing to a town who focuses on water. WIll there be ships? Can someone be pirate and in fact actually meet people at the sea like sea traderoutes?

Will a town who focuses on ore get more options to grow due to demand than a town at the sea as they only can offer fish?

Keep in mind a lot of players coming in groups not as a single person so how are they motivated focusing on the same or similar professions?

People like shiny armor and weapons but if only the next monster requires the equipment or a battleground and no open PvP is there a reason to get the gear and is there enough motivation if a guild as example has no chance to aim at the higher content if the chances to reach that goal is already nearly zero if they dont jioin a big crowd of people in a massive guild as nameless entity?

The question is important as big guilds have no reason to play if there is nobody to fight. And the small guilds are downgraded to NPCs filling the world up.

The node system sounds great but focusing just on one point which makes the game different to other games could be a risk.

Another concern I have is the PvP system. If you get a penalty like item drop during the time being corrupt only good organized ganking group abuse mechanics will strike and the rest of the community becomes fluffy hugging carebears who will dance around the fire with the members of an enemy town. No PvP no long term motivation even if the world changes. If there is no adrenaline situation like pirates and the option to attack in most areas (not in your own home is ok) there will be no real fight between the areas.
  • Options
    So will this game have 1000's of players per server like a mmo or will it be more like a survival game with 100 players max?

nvm looks like this question was already asked
  • Options
    Very informative , Thanks Steven, Thumbs up.
  • Options
    Will there be a huge RNG element to this game?
  • Options
    Awesome information, looking forward to hearing more in developer blogs, etc.
  • Options
    I just found out about Ashes of Creation. I love that it is ambitious. The creators seem like they really have a pulse of what many of us MMO fans really want in a game. I know myself and my friend really look forward to playing. We spend a great deal of time on another MMO playing. At any rate we are very active MMO players who would love to play a fun and constructive role in Ashes of Creation. We look forward to testing. Thanks for putting together such an ambitious project that so many of us have been itching for. Player housing and Caravans is a must for any good MMO. Glad to see the Ashes of Creation team recognizes that. Very dynamic. Hello to everyone and look forward to gaming with you all!
  • Options
    Is this game going to consist of zones with loading portals like GW2 or will it be a seamless open world like WoW? I loved GW2 except I hated the immersion breaking loading portals. Hoping this is going to be seamlessly open world.
  • Options
    Yeah I hope it is seamless. Was talking with a friend and we both think quest should change based on RNG. One day a quest or boss may appear by a roadside you are walking on because the RNG put it there that day. Another day you may come across a totally different experience. I think this would help break up the everything is the same everyday problem in many MMO's. One day it is an overturned wagon that has been raided with its owner in distress. The next day a merchant ask you for assistance with a delivery, or a pack of wolves is menacing the surrounding field.
  • Options
    What has attracted me was housing/crafting/marketing/building aspects of the game.

What worries me is the Corrupt, the ones who wants to kill opted out players even with a penalty . I hope that system will be strong enough to discourage those types because too many will drive away PvE types.
  • Options
    I like PVP if it doesn't require a million dollars or a million alts to be competitive. PVP has its place but I do think you should be able to just quest and craft if you want. You shouldn't be punished for being a pve player.
  • Options
    Thank you for all these details I am looking forward to play the games because it announces heavy :)
  • Options
    No question. Just signed up from Peon's referral link. Looking forward to what this games has to offer! best of luck :)
  • Options
    <blockquote>Is this game going to consist of zones with loading portals like GW2 or will it be a seamless open world like WoW? I loved GW2 except I hated the immersion breaking loading portals. Hoping this is going to be seamlessly open world.</blockquote>

It's seamless.