Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

FAQ's about Ashes of Creation

Comments

• Options
    I am so excited for this based on what I have heard and read. Can't wait for a beta to released!! I would love to put some testing on my YouTube channel if it is allowed. Bearded Gaming Entertainment is the channel if anyone wants to check it out.
  • Options
    Hello :) I'm joining the AoC family :D The game looks very promising, I would like to contribute in making this game really great!
  • Options
    This FAQ is one of the best I have ever seen LoL. Never ever would I expected that I would find all of my answers here haha great job.
  • Options
    Hello, everyone:

I really, really need this game--you have no idea!

I hope that when there are items needed for crafting, there is more than one way to get them; please don't make us kill the same dungeon boss a zillion times waiting for a drop that we have to roll for! And please, no insanely frustrating RNG in the crafting system.
  • Options
    [quote quote=657]I have seen some concerns that PVP will be nonconsensual, at least in part, is that correct?

[/quote]

This may have already been answered, but as I understand it, there will be a strong reputation system. PVP can be intiated and if the other player accepts their PVP status moves from green to purple and they square off. If, however, the defender declines and is still attacked the reputation of the attacker move them into a reputation that will eventually lead to reduced skills and bounties on them. In all however, this game is set up for open world, create/destroy dynamics which create inherit risk that makes the game compelling. I, for one, look forward to it!
  • Options
    I did have one important question:

Since every server will be unique, I was wondering whether players will be able to visit other servers (as they can in Rift, for example) without having to transfer, and whether they will be able to transfer.
  • Options
    Hey guys I've posted this to your youtube but I'll say it here. is there a possibility that OCE will get a server close by? I know most developers avoid it like the plague and I understand people got to make bank as we all. but please just don't give me the generic response "all players in that region will be disadvantaged too so it doesn't matter" or something along those lines. anyway I am looking forward to funding this game when crowd funding becomes a thing.

Kind Regard, Arcathox
  • Options
    I second what Arcathox has said.
  • Options
    I hope that the PvP system is rewarding, since I mostly focus on PvP in MMO's, with some PvE action of course . In some other MMORPGs PvP is poorly designed and has no meaning whatsoever, which makes me not even try the game.

Thanks for the FAQ! Can't wait to play this great game.
  • Options
    Would I be allowed to feature your YouTube channel on mine?
  • Options
    hmm hope thier is a gunner class like a dwarf gunner in the game or a mechanical class
  • Options
    I actually prefer tab targeting. Combat like black desert online make the game feel more like a first person shooter than a rpg. It also makes it more like an action rpg than a hard core rpg. I want to be able to have like 40 spells i can choose from instead of mashing/rotating through just 10. Rpg’s have certain mechanics that make it an rpg. Look at guild wars 2, they tried to get rid of the holy trinity (tank, dps, healer), and that didnt work. First person shoters you grab the gun, you aim, shoot and kill. That’s the core basics of any fps. Tab target, holy trinity and tons of abilities is the core of a rpg. Don’t mess with what an rpg’s core is.
  • Options
    I have a question for you here.

Will the game, while native to windows, still get native gamepad usage? Instead of just mouse and keyboard?

Think like Final fantasy 14 where they have a large use of the gamepad mostly because they released the game on PS4 as well.

But also because I have a friend that CANNOT use keyboard for long periods of time because he has thoracic outlet in one of his wrist. And mostly can only play games with a gamepads.

And using a third party program to simulate a gamepad is not that intuitive.

so what are your thoughts about that possibility?
  • Options
    [quote quote=7802]I actually prefer tab targeting. Combat like black desert online make the game feel more like a first person shooter than a rpg. It also makes it more like an action rpg than a hard core rpg. I want to be able to have like 40 spells i can choose from instead of mashing/rotating through just 10. Rpg’s have certain mechanics that make it an rpg. Look at guild wars 2, they tried to get rid of the holy trinity (tank, dps, healer), and that didnt work. First person shoters you grab the gun, you aim, shoot and kill. That’s the core basics of any fps. Tab target, holy trinity and tons of abilities is the core of a rpg. Don’t mess with what an rpg’s core is.

[/quote]

I myself prefer the non-tab-target system. I understand what you mean, but the tab target just makes that... Yu barely move, and just probably spam he exact same skill over and over because its the most efficient one anyway. It's dull. While the non targetted system, means you need to use tactic and it shines in PVP. You actually -need- to hit your target for melee. and now it give purpose to physically dodge a hit.

TERA online did it first, and they still give plenty of skill anyway. while BDO, I feel is even better because you dont even need to use your quick bar to use your skills, you chain them with key combination, which I personally find great. But I guess to everyone their own opinion.
  • Options
    Hello, would players be able to RP in this game?
  • Options
    In my opinion the RP depends a lot of the fact that the classes are unbalanced.
    If they are balanced for PVP's reasons it will destroy the RP.
    For example, if you play a healer, you can NOT expect to winn th 1v1. Don't give the healer huges dammages to make him balanced with the meta !
    A game where each class can heal and jump is destroying the class identity ! The dps mage is not supposed to heal, and the warrior is not supposed to jump with his heavy armor.
    I think that the RP is really important and that they won't ignore it in the future like others mmo did to have a place in the E-sport.
  • Options
    I would like to ask if:
    Game masters are going to be organizing events and taking part to the game activity, the role they had before (even if it create problems: "the gm didn't gave me any reward even if I took part to the event...")
    Or if they will just have to tell us that we have to logout because their is a server maintenance.
  • Options
    Q:when will see beta key give away?
  • Options
    I cant wait
  • Options
    [quote quote=638]Q: How many classes are there?
    A: We have a unique and detailed class system, which we will discuss further in a developer’s blog. For now, I can say that we have 8 archetypes. You will choose an archetype as your primary class that you will level from starting level to max level. Along the way, you will choose a secondary class from the 8 archetypes. That secondary class will augment your primary class’ abilities and skills. In total, our class system will have 64 distinct classes, of which there will be a wide variety of customization in skills and abilities based on the player’s choices.[/quote]

If you have 8 classes and 64 different combinations, does that mean you can become a double warrior for example?
    Or is it more 8*7 = 56 different class combinations?
  • Options
    T^T I love this game so far even though that this game is still in development and all you can do is just watch the video's that they post of the game, i'm definitely going to play this game in a hearts beat when i am going to be given a chance. a game that is worth telling all you're friends and discussing about 10/10 would play everyday
  • Options
    I hope the combat system in aoc is as intense as black desert. Gear should play a big part but also skill, i frames, strafing, combos countering etc.
  • Options
    Amazing FAQ! I cannot wait for the game #hyped
  • Options
    This FAQ is great and helpful dude, really gives us the info of what the game would be. This game is unique and interesting, the graphics are amazing though (recently saw a video of it) :D The Node System really makes it more realistic, kinda like how the world works. I'm looking forward to play and try this out
  • Options
    Hi Steve... glad to see you and Commander living this dream! I will support your efforts in any way I can... hope to play with you guys again some time in some fashion, always had good fun in TWO.

For now I am in up to my ears in Crowfall, hope you can get some time to PvP there. See you in Battle Sorc.
  • Options
    can't wait for further news :) and lastly exited for the things that they will more improve the player experience for the game .
  • Options
    [quote quote=7929]<blockquote>
    <div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/faqs-about-ashes-of-creation/#post-638" rel="nofollow">Steven wrote:</a></div>
    Q: How many classes are there?
    A: We have a unique and detailed class system, which we will discuss further in a developer’s blog. For now, I can say that we have 8 archetypes. You will choose an archetype as your primary class that you will level from starting level to max level. Along the way, you will choose a secondary class from the 8 archetypes. That secondary class will augment your primary class’ abilities and skills. In total, our class system will have 64 distinct classes, of which there will be a wide variety of customization in skills and abilities based on the player’s choices.
    </blockquote>
    If you have 8 classes and 64 different combinations, does that mean you can become a double warrior for example?
    Or is it more 8*7 = 56 different class combinations?

[/quote]

My thoughts as well, and if you can double class/not take a secondary class, what would be the benefit to that?

<strong>EDIT:</strong> Found this..

Primary & Secondary Classes
    What are you guys currently planning for progression?
    Our player class advancement follows both a vertical progression in the traditional leveling sense, as well as a horizontal skill customization platform. When players start the game, they will be able to choose from 8 separate Archetypes. These archetypes represent the staple fantasy classes; Fighter, Tank, Rogue, Ranger, Mage, Summoner, Cleric, Bard. As the player progresses vertically with their primary class, they will have the opportunity to add a second class. This second class will be chosen again from the 8 archetypes, and will follow more of a horizontal progression. The second class will allow the player to augment their primary skills from their main class, with effects from their secondary class. For example; A fighter has a skill called “Rush”, that allows him to rush towards a target and upon reaching the target, deals x damage with a chance to knock the target down. If that fighter were to choose Mage as his secondary archetype (Spellsword), he would gain access to certain augments that he could apply to his primary skill tree. Let’s use his Rush skill as an example; As a Spellsword, he could choose to apply a teleportation augment to the Rush skill, which would allow the skill to now teleport you to the target, eliminating the charge time on the skill. Each skill in the primary tree will have several augment options from your secondary tree. The secondary skill augment tree will follow a horizontal progression that will be expanded upon further in a developer’s blog
  • Options
    Anything on what the crowdfunding will be through and when?
  • Options
    [quote quote=8286]Anything on what the crowdfunding will be through and when?

[/quote]

From what I've gathered, it should be in the next two to three weeks.
  • Options
    It this game get to China, please do not let it fall under TENCENT!!! We want to play games that is not P2W too.