Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

FAQ's about Ashes of Creation

Comments

• it sounds like two different sets of eight rather than just 8 of the same
  • Not sure how deep you guys are into development in terms of the caravan trading/pvp system. However, given the difference between casual and more hardcore oriented players, is it not possible that over geared players will abuse this system and simply camp caravan routes guarded by lower levels? The in game economy is also heavily dependent on the community so couldn't this abuse hurt in game stability.are there any systems in place or that you have in mind to prevent this.
  • Will there be seasonal events/mounts?
  • Hey JCalawaybeatsErick, feel free to join AoC Discord channel for some live help!
    https://discord.gg/tnb7Wvk
  • After playing world of warcraft for almost 9 years, i think this will be my new game when it comes out.
  • Game looks quite good ! Insane hype ^^
  • Also, it sounds like alts might be important for people like me who play at off hours, especially for crafting. How many alts are you going to allow per account?
  • cool
  • Same here
  • Hey guys !
    Welcome to the community !
    Be sure to join the AoC Discord channel !
    https://discord.gg/tnb7Wvk
  • [quote quote=7986]
    If you have 8 classes and 64 different combinations, does that mean you can become a double warrior for example?
    Or is it more 8*7 = 56 different class combinations?
    [/quote]

Answer: One <strong>CAN</strong> double-up on a class and get the paragon/archetypal version of that class as a result. So, 64 combinations.

Mage + Mage = Arch-Mage (or something like that), for example.
  • Already told all my friends it's gonna be epic !
  • [quote quote=9119]Already told all my friends it’s gonna be epic !

[/quote]

Epic is an understatement my dear comrade..
  • Good morning all. I saw a video about this great looking game and headed right over. In reading through the FAQ lots of questions came to mind, but one regarding Housing floated to the top. The FAQ says:

"A: Our land owning system has an integrated personal housing and farming system to allow players to claim land in the open world. This land is the same static size for all players. You may then acquire blueprints for structures to build on that land, such as a home, stables for animal husbandry, crafting stations and more. In addition to open world housing, you will also be able to own homes within a Node itself; these homes will grow as the Node does, from a small cottage to a sprawling mansion! Certain Nodes will also have instanced housing."

From this I'm getting that Node houses will grow with the node...so I'm guessing that also means if the Node is attacked and depleted so another Node can be built, then your mansion will go back to a shack. Yes?

And that brings me to my primary question: Will non-Node, player built housing be persistent regardless of the Node status?

This looks like a really interesting take on MMORPG's and I'm looking forward to playing it!

Cheers,
    M
  • [quote quote=638]Someone who spent many years of his gaming career settling for lesser MMO’s[/quote]

This part right here is what makes me the most excited for this game. While there are plenty of great MMO's out there, in recent years I have yet to find one that really delivers on promises. There is always some fundamental flaw that keeps me from choosing a favorite. I have high hopes for you AoC, don't you dare disappoint!
  • You guys could have stopped at "reactive world". This is the idea I've been waiting for. I will be devoting all of my time and effort to helping you guys get this game to the public as soon as possible, when it's ready of course. Please pm for any ways that I can contribute.
  • Since there will be changes to the world based on the Nodes progression, will those changes influence the dungeons or creatures/Monsters/Mobs that are around the environment ?

Here's an example:

Assuming there is a quest in one of the nodes that require players to decrease the number of a certain creature(lets call them bob) that is around that area , but the number of players that needed to do that quest so that did not reach the required number (not many people did the quest) , below a few things could happen.

1- The quantity of bobs increased so much that could offer a real threat to your Node region and they could possibly destroy a city /Metropolis in the area , put it into siege maybe ?

2- Lets say there is an open world dungeon in the area and that dungeon normally has very few mobs , but now that the number of bobs has increased and they seem to be becoming very organized and that is due to the fact that the bobs are following orders from their king/queen bob. Now the next time you go to the dungeon you realized that is swarming with bobs and you actually find out that this specific dungeon is where the King/queen is located.
    2.1 - Will this Dungeon turn into an raid ?
    2.2 - You will need a raid group to clear/ make it an world event where if it is not completed those mobs can take over your city/Node creating an even bigger event and so on?

Sorry for all the writing folks , just trying to get a gist of how things will change and how the AI will react to certain things.
  • In regards to homes, can you store your items at your home. If so, can they be ransacked by other players? Can your guild purchase land and create a 'guild hall' of sorts as a base of operations.
  • Thanks for the reply :D I'm looking forward to more in-depth reviews of different classes :)
  • The only problem/fear I have with the node system and the building of massive guilds is the griefing. Since many players have more time than others they will be able to spend more time to grind out which leaves others behind, under leveled and therefore without a guild. These massive guilds will occupy a huge space which leaves others wanting to either join that guild or start one in the same region. And if the region becomes to occupied there is no doubt that the larger clans will go out and destroy everything u til that other guild/player leaves
  • Hello,
    so the FAQ doesn't talk about it, not sure someone did but 195 replies are a lot to search in the time i have right now XD
    and my question is:

-will the game be Free to Play, Buy to Play, Pay to Play?
    -will the shop end up like all of the Asian MMO or WoW with boosts for everything even instant max level(i know right wtf ) and basically pay to be faster and end faster than everyone else?
    - please don't judge me but will the game have a "****" character race? (if you don't know what a **** is go google and again please!! don't judge me i just like cute things Q_Q)

thanks for your time to anyone who reads and replies hope you have all a great day :)
  • Greetings MadLane,

Don't worry about asking things like this buddy, I'll gladly answer all of your questions!

1. It will be a monthly subscription, you'll be paying 15$ a month.
    2. the shop will only contain cosmetics, customized items and mounts will be able to be purchased in the cash shop. No boosts at all. There will be no such thing as P2W!
    3. No, there will be no **** characters. It's a Western made MMORPG, so no **** stuff etc.

I hope I informed you enough for now. If you have any other questions, make sure you check out this spreadsheet: [url=https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/information-regarding-weekly-key-drawings-2]Link[/url].

You can also ask your questions on the community discord or read the #faq on the discord. The link to the discord is: [url=https://discord.gg/ashesofcreation] Discord link[/url].

Hope I've informed you enough with this!

Sincerely,
    Brolorz
  • Thanks Brolorz you informed me very well :P, to bad for the **** characters :*( no cute stuff in western games such a crime haha XD
  • I'll add to Brolorz's response by saying there is no box charge, which is a big + especially for those with limited funds.
    There will be a Kickstarter in a few weeks, and we will get a 2 week countdown clock on home page for when it will start.
  • Any idea what the PC requirements are for this game? Minimum and recommended? I know the game is still in development, but in the process of building a PC and want to make sure I get something that will play well with this.
  • Hello I would like to know how fast the heroes will be pumped, 1-7 days 1- .. months a year and more
  • Really looking forward to this! I've been playing MMO's for quite some time. I can honestly say that the MMO I've enjoyed the most, even though it's old and graphically ill-equipped, was Ultima Online, reason being, it gave the players the freedom to literally do whatever they wanted! most of it's glory was based on role playing, to the point that if enough players developed some sort of event or story line/quest, the developers would jump in on it and made it happen. It really felt like the game cared for enjoyment and interest of the players. It wasn't an easy game to play and sometime kind of unfair. But it made you feel like it was your own fault for getting yourself in situations you probably shouldn't be in. I'm hoping this game delivers some of those aspects, either way, super excited!!!!
  • <strong>Can't wait. I've already spread the word to my mmorpg friends.
  • Здравствуйте. Хотелось бы узнать будет ли русский язык на старте игры? Ведутся ли какаие-то работы по этому поводу, и стоит ли нам ждать такого хорошего отношения?)
  • [quote quote=1887]if it’s as they said a sub model, you can look at any sub based mmo (ESO, WoW ) and you can figure out how much it will cost monthly, question is how much will the initial game cost and will the initial buy include a 30 days sub or you buy the game and also have to buy the 30 days sub after (like WoW does with their expansions atm).

[/quote]

I do believe the devs have said during a Q&A session that there will NOT be an initial box cost, instead a simple 30 day sub cost of approx. $15/USD, potentially discounted for multiple month purchases. There was also mention somewhere of a possible limited number of lifetime subscription memberships (although that is strictly rumor). It has also been mentioned that this will NOT be a free to play (f2p) or pay to win (p2w) game, instead it will be a pure subscription type business model with players rewarded for referring new players to the game. Players would receive 15% of whatever the referred player spends in either subscription fees or from the cosmetic store. And I quote, " Refer and invite new players below, to receive 15% of their account purchases in game credits or cash back. "

<a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/refer" target="_blank">Refer & Win program details</a>

I think that pretty much consolidates all the cost information that's found its way onto the internet.