Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

All Kickstarter rewards to be offered on website now! (I am not amused)

Comments

• Options
    This is perfect, it gives people who live in countries without Kickstarter or who can't pay with creditcards, the option to get what we have as well.

Its only fair.
  • Options
    Hm. All this talk about shaming OP as someone who wants to be a special snowflake is a mis-characterization of his argument.

It is not about getting exclusive items. It's about promises not being kept.

I know that a majority of players here are okay with extending the funding campaign. But people have to understand that there are still some people, 30% - 10% even 1% of people who pledge based on promises.

What happen to respecting people enough where they deserve having a full consensual contract between seller and buyer? Do you take lightly their enthusiasm and money that they put up under false promises? Because it's not your money, you are okay with them being misled?

Forget the whole exclusive stuff. If the KS said you get a free t-shirt if you pledge, and then at the end of the KS, they said there's no t-shirt. How would you feel? Again, it's not an issue of exclusivity but an issue of promises being kept. Even if 99.9% of backers are okay with promises not being kept, I still would respect that 0.1% of backers that want a refund.
    This 100%.  I don't care too much about exclusive this or exclusive that, but following through on what was offered/promised is something I do care about.  You put it better than I could have.  Kudos.
  • Options
    Hm. All this talk about shaming OP as someone who wants to be a special snowflake is a mis-characterization of his argument.

It is not about getting exclusive items. It's about promises not being kept.

I know that a majority of players here are okay with extending the funding campaign. But people have to understand that there are still some people, 30% - 10% even 1% of people who pledge based on promises.

What happen to respecting people enough where they deserve having a full consensual contract between seller and buyer? Do you take lightly their enthusiasm and money that they put up under false promises? Because it's not your money, you are okay with them being misled?

Forget the whole exclusive stuff. If the KS said you get a free t-shirt if you pledge, and then at the end of the KS, they said there's no t-shirt. How would you feel? Again, it's not an issue of exclusivity but an issue of promises being kept. Even if 99.9% of backers are okay with promises not being kept, I still would respect that 0.1% of backers that want a refund.
    Well, you're right that it shouldn't be about shaming the OP for wanting to be special.  It SHOULD be about shaming the OP for being WRONG.

Also, your analogy is incorrect.  It's not that you wouldn't get said t-shirt (you'd still get it), it would be if you expected that to be the only way to get the t-shirt and they started offering it elsewhere.

But thankfully this is all moot, cuz the OP WAS WRONG!
  • Options

I don't see even a slip here. There will be NEW REWARDS/Gifts.

I certainly would offer all new stuff. You get those that couldn't do the KS for whatever reason and you get those who did KS but want some of the New Goodies as well... win/win

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    I am glad that they opened the doors for other pledges who did not have the opportunity to participate, as long as it does not extend past June. I spoke with Yaviey and this is what she replied back to me. ( Personally as long as my exclusive stuff stays exclusive and they don't try to find work-a-rounds then I will be fine. ) Though adding more stuff in the store will just tempt me to buy more Ugh! :open_mouth: 

• Options
    edited June 2017
    P.S. No shame to the OP. Some people are more easy going about stuff and some want to protect the product that they bought as "exclusive" to remain as exclusive, or to be what it looked like it was sold to be. To each his own. :)
  • Options
    @aeschines:

Are you always so combative? If what you paid for was KS exclusive, then sure. 

What I was speaking to was two-fold; both of which you've chosen to overlook in your glee for pointing out how obviously stupid I am ("Can I sell you something,") and how obviously even more stupid I am; I mean, how dare I post an opinion that contravenes yours?

So let's try this again. Firstly, and this is most important, they have not stated they're giving the same rewards to the other contributors, merely that they're offering the people who, for whatever reason, couldn't donate on KS. Secondly, this is pretty important too; how you view the world seems to indicate a viewpoint that is all "me me me," as though because we contributed, some of us on Day 1, that should be all there is. Because we got goodies, those should be the only goodies given out. In fact, the entire focus of the thread is that these exclusive goodies might become available to other potential contributors.

All I can do is reiterate point #1; until they say "We're going to give the June contributors the exact same packages you got," I don't understand the need to wail about unfairness.
  • Options
    u guys are realizing what  you guys writing? lets make a few thing clear cuz some of u are not thinking of just not capable of such think u can take it however you want being attacked etc whatever so lets start this : 

1st. Because of the high amount of members that requested alternate payment methods that Kickstarter did not offer.

2nd.  I have decided that during the month of June I will extend our crowdsourcing through our website for those of you who were unable to purchase packages through Kickstarter. 

3rd . All backers from Kickstarter will benefit from this additional month of funding with some pretty awesome backer goals and rewards, which we will be releasing today.  
    4th. 

Viktor-Today at 3:46 PM

@Stevenwell we went over 3.2 mill so we should had a bit of goal there too and 19k ppl we need a goal for 17000 and 17500 and 18000 and 18500 and 19000 what do you say ?:PP good idea?:P

Steven-Today at 3:54 PM

@ViktorYou will see more backer rewards today

5th. so since we reached the 16k goal and between 19k there is like  few numbers 
    so these are already  probably will be "unlocked" revealed 

6th. 
    Last one. Since  u ppl cant really think smart i help you just a little bit  : More Money more  to hire ppl , faster release of the game if it can happen ,  it was so hard right ? 

and on another note : Some ppl from  countries wasn't able to pledge Because their  card is not acceptable for Kickstarter , and there is no statement about Ppl will be able to buy the same   ks pledges its just states that ppl that bought it on ks they can upgrade it if they wish to do so , 
  • Options
    Please...no new stretch goals.  Let the feature set get concretized, then I'll buy an expansion pack later on.  I'm cool with some cosmetic stuff, but no new big functionality.  Otherwise, the more money, the better.
  • Options
    Isende said:
    @aeschines:

Are you always so combative? If what you paid for was KS exclusive, then sure. 

What I was speaking to was two-fold; both of which you've chosen to overlook in your glee for pointing out how obviously stupid I am ("Can I sell you something,") and how obviously even more stupid I am; I mean, how dare I post an opinion that contravenes yours?

So let's try this again. Firstly, and this is most important, they have not stated they're giving the same rewards to the other contributors, merely that they're offering the people who, for whatever reason, couldn't donate on KS. Secondly, this is pretty important too; how you view the world seems to indicate a viewpoint that is all "me me me," as though because we contributed, some of us on Day 1, that should be all there is. Because we got goodies, those should be the only goodies given out. In fact, the entire focus of the thread is that these exclusive goodies might become available to other potential contributors.

All I can do is reiterate point #1; until they say "We're going to give the June contributors the exact same packages you got," I don't understand the need to wail about unfairness.
    I'm not being combative, I do find it a little odd you find comments in this thread combative though.  Anyway, had you actually read my entire post(s) you would have read that I had posted this "That aside, I agree that this whole conversation might be a little premature since we don't yet know what will be offered.  I'm just explaining why some people might get upset if "exclusives" are not actually exclusive.". 

So firstly (and most important) you are arguing (in this case) a point that I previously stated and agreed with.  And I don't need to point out how stupid anyone is, I am happy to let them speak for themselves.  Seriously, I wasn't  "pointing" out how stupid you are, and I certainly never said you were--  I don't even know you.  However, considering that you chose to take my comments as such probably says more about you than it does me. 

• Options
    Guys. your answer is in the newest live stream on twitch.tv/ashesofcreation. They talk about this around 18 minutes in.
  • Options
    I'm not particularly fussed - I pledged for the game not the KS items - even though they are a bonus. I know a few people that couldn't pay by card and have been with us the whole KS experience. I think it allows them the opportunity to be able to take part in the way they wanted too from the beginning.

Its only for June - it's cool :)
  • Options
    There is a whole lot of negative vibes on this thread.. I'm going to go water my plants, ya'll are bringing down my mood.
  • Options
    aeschines said:
    However, considering that you chose to take my comments as such probably says more about you than it does me.  

I'm certain you must be correct :wink:
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    You need to level up your Reading skill because there's nothing in that statement that says people who donate to the game post-kickstarter are going to get Kickstarter Rewards. In fact, all it says is that people who DID kickstart will additionally get the new rewards being offered. It does NOT say that new donors will get Kickstarter Rewards.

Theres a whole pile of stupid in this topic. Just scrolled through 2 pages of people agreeing with OP even though his objection is totally misinformed and invalid. Stop being idiots and dont just assume that because someone posted something they must know what they're talking about.

Edit:

I encourage everyone to re-read Stephen's statement on rewards. There is nothing anywhere that states new supporters are going to get retro-active Kickstarter rewards. 

It DOES say:

The website will have new donor rewards.
    Kickstarters can upgrade packages.
    Kickstarters will receive by default the new rewards in addition to the old ones.

It does NOT say:

New donors can buy kickstarter packages.
    New donors get pre-website (Kickstarter) rewards.

• Options
    A few important notes;
    -Backer Goal Rewards achieved in Kickstarter, will only be given to Kickstarter specific backers.
    -Backer Goal Rewards achieved on our website during June will be given to both Kickstarter backers as well as June website backers.
    -No Early bird pricing will be available on the website during June.
    -There are no stretch goals (avoiding scope creep)

Yay!  Everything that I was hoping.  

• Options
    Someone posted this on another forum; they received it in their email. As I don't have this email yet, I'm sure some others here also won't have it. Hopefully it will put to rest this thread.

All backers of Kickstarter will achieve the additional backer goals that are reached in the June funding on our website. 

A few important notes;

-Backer Goal Rewards achieved in Kickstarter, will only be given to Kickstarter specific backers.

-Backer Goal Rewards achieved on our website during June will be given to both Kickstarter backers as well as June website backers.

What is posted here is only what I copied/pasted; for the forum itself and the full email, please see https://tinyurl.com/backer-stuff.

• Options
    Ah, the coloring sucks. Scroll down over where words would be past "...please see"
  • Options
    I don't mind this if it's just a month. It's nice for those that could not back through kickstarter. I do hope however that everything marked with *kickstarter* exclusive, stay that way and that no new items are added (if not also given to backers based on kickstarter pledge tier free of charge). 
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Lets stop jumping to conclusions and making posts about things that arent true. 

heres the Message from Steven on the kickstarter page and in an email i and all backers just received about the TRUTH of the site rewards. 
    Lets try and find truths before we post misleading garbage in the forums which help no one.  

The Journey Ahead... 

Posted by Steven Sharif (Collaborator) 

WAY TO GO EVERYONE! We smashed records and unlocked all stretch goals!!! 
    Along with many of you, I watched as the project on Kickstarter counted down in seconds to end a history making month. Because of your support and dedication to Ashes, we have achieved the highest funding on Kickstarter that an MMO has ever achieved, and landed 7th of all video games. That is AMAZING!
    Because of the high amount of our members requesting alternate payment methods that Kickstarter did not offer, I have decided that during the month of June I will extend our crowdsourcing through our website for those of you who were unable to purchase packages through Kickstarter.  I felt it was unfair to deny our communities in Europe and abroad, the ability to participate in this amazing kickstarter, simply because Kickstarter does not support Paypal. 
    All backers from Kickstarter will benefit from this additional month of funding with some pretty awesome backer goals and rewards, which we will be releasing today. We will have the ability for Kickstarter pledges to be upgraded as well, if you wish.  Once June is complete, the Kickstarter packages and unique rewards will not be available again.
    All backers of Kickstarter will achieve the additional backer goals that are reached in the June funding on our website.  
    A few important notes; 
    This June funding was decided on because it only helps to further include our members who could not participate in Kickstarter, and a Massive Community is what we want.  I know many of you can appreciate that fact.  More funding also helps.    
    Below are the June Backer Rewards that all Kickstarter Backers will enjoy if achieved by our June Crowdsourcing extension. (Graphics for these will come shortly after, including further description)
    1000 June Backers -Founder's Dance- Dance with your fellow backers to celebrate! 
    2500 June Backers -Freehold Furniture Set 
    4000 June Backers -Portable Party - Permanent Firework / Celebration item 
    5500 June Backers -UI Theme  
    7000 June Backers -Backer Unique Parlor Game 
    8500 June Backers -Backer only ship skin "The Intrepid"  
    10,000 June Backers -Freehold Personal statue 
    12,000 June Backers -Wand of Many Things 
    Below are some videos that we released this week!!! Including a Studio Tour!! 
    https://youtu.be/z-baoW2-B-A 

https://youtu.be/FKSG7olyxXM 

https://youtu.be/VglODSC36CI 
    I cannot adequately express my personal gratitude that your support means. The past 17 months have been a lot of hard work for everyone on my team. And to see the validation of our effort emboldens us to get Ashes done right. Ashes is my baby, and I pledge to you, that this project will make each of you proud.
    This community has our undying love and respect.
    <3 - Steven

• Options

Well the truth is now out there. No need to be mad anymore :)

• Options
    Kratz said:

Well the truth is now out there. No need to be mad anymore :)

^^^^  Agreed.  I hope the relif is kicking in for those who were worried. B)
  • Options
    The rewards you get from KS wont be unique.Others will have them.Why would you deny the ability to help fund the game to People who couldnt use kickstarter or simply didnt have the Money in May? This is petty. If you donate during the extended month of KS you should get all the rewards that people got during the May KS. Stop being a child and suck it up . it isnt all about you.
  • Options
    crymthann said:
    The rewards you get from KS wont be unique.Others will have them.Why would you deny the ability to help fund the game to People who couldnt use kickstarter or simply didnt have the Money in May? This is petty. If you donate during the extended month of KS you should get all the rewards that people got during the May KS. Stop being a child and suck it up . it isnt all about you.

All of it is because of misunderstanding by people that want to protect what they feel were implicit agreements between themselves and Intrepid.

True and exact info is getting out there now. It isn't uncommon for the interwebz to explode in a huge way because people STILL believe everything that they read as factual, though it may not be accurate because "Person One" misunderstood something they read...

How you feel about some thinking that it is bad to expect truth in advertising and complaining about it when it is false(or here just assumed false) I won't comment on. Your opinion is your's.

BTW: You won't be getting all of the rewards from the May KS for donating to the June KS.

• Options
    This isn't a big deal in my opinion. In fact, it can only help the project overall and us by extension. This essentially is for anyone who couldn't quite afford a certain tier this month and now have a bit more time to donate to the cause.

This isn't hurting anyone's exclusivity, it's only strengthening the projects end result. Think of the bigger picture everyone. :)
  • Options
    will only help the project move quicker if people are willing to support the project ,does it matter , the only thing is the life time sub might see people getting mad also the backer rewards as why have them if is the same .but the skin and mounts how cares
  • Options
    Stretch goals will be enjoyed by everyone who ever plays the game.
    The KS backer goals should absolutely be reserved for those who funded the Kickstarter.  Period.  End of story.

If Intrepid wishes to allow continued funding through their website that's fine but don't screw up the exclusivity of the KS goals.  Otherwise I would have just waited and held on to my money longer.

I suggest they proceed with caution and don't screw over their KS backers.

• Options
    Crymoar said:
    Stretch goals will be enjoyed by everyone who ever plays the game.
    The KS backer goals should absolutely be reserved for those who funded the Kickstarter.  Period.  End of story.

If Intrepid wishes to allow continued funding through their website that's fine but don't screw up the exclusivity of the KS goals.  Otherwise I would have just waited and held on to my money longer.

I suggest they proceed with caution and don't screw over their KS backers.

Please see the KS update message from today.  Website funders will NOT get KS items.  Done.  Settled. Over.  /thread
  • Options
    * waits for KS backers to realize they'll have to fork out more money to get these "non-KS" rewards *

@Steven, your ability to milk people of money is uncanny. You should get into MLM. Oh wait...
  • Options
    * waits for KS backers to realize they'll have to fork out more money to get these "non-KS" rewards *

@Steven, your ability to milk people of money is uncanny. You should get into MLM. Oh wait...
    FFS, read the dang update.  KS backers will get all the website backer perks too.  No cost.
This discussion has been closed.