Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Tulnar Idea Prompt

Comments

• Options
    I would like a certain degree of fwuffiness to my monstrous feline/canine person. So maybe a mix between a charr (GW) and a Pahmar-raht.

6c1cljf2vyw7.png
    MY Own NIckle Co-operates with an EYE. -Mīonikoī.
  • Options
    Solvryn wrote: »
    @Solvryn get the convo going? it's been going on over the years with multiple threads lol

neat pictures though from everyone :smile:

Not in the depth we need.

seems about the same depth to me lol

I don’t think Tulnar players have actively explored the depth of real life cultures they’d actively like to see influence the race unless Gothic, Voodoo, Vedic, and some Japanese eras that don’t influence Ren Kai are the only ones they care about.

In which case good. We can discuss arcane punk in high fantasy mmo settings and why it belongs to the Tulnar.

oh my bad... Um lets see.............

I imagine humanoid beings with bestial features and/or fantasy beings/beasts. Been stated many expect gothic architecture but it could be much more ancient-like. The races are from the "primal" versions of current "sub"-races.

Mix in the polytheist religion with monotheist themes with the corruptions, could say we could expect to see Cherubim or Nephilim inspired being with how their corruption from the gods/realm plays a role in it or even NPC mobs with similar inspiration.

The under realm is an RGB bioluminescent rave so add that into the mix as a possibility to architectural flair (or not). Either the environment plays a role in that design as well which could be something similar to gothic or divine with a corrupter inking.
    Hmm I’m gonna ponder this

:smile:

to me it seems somewhat logical considering the gods created, corruption befell, survival, hybrid forms..

Its got the book of genesis all over it. (or something similar from many other religions/mythologies in real life)

The Tulnar seem like they're a duality of the blessing and curses of greater powers at play.

Would be befitting of the lore's progression in my opinion.

I'm gonna have to read Genesis all over again, this is the level of depth I wanted to explore.

Plenty of room for religion in Ashes, especially for the Tulnar
    it3zbiopr581.jpg
    095qsq35ir73.png
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Mionikoi wrote: »
    I would like a certain degree of fwuffiness to my monstrous feline/canine person. So maybe a mix between a charr (GW) and a Pahmar-raht.

6c1cljf2vyw7.png

Bing it up for a representation/visual.
  • Options
    n851fvrg187g.jpg
    xsc5dwjsmqtf.jpg
    a5uuy0mdwofb.jpg
    3l6so03wytcz.jpg
    ydcfzs24c71m.jpg
    5oftmco0hxgj.jpg
    ysemj5rpmk28.jpg
    8fsu1kyxd2ju.jpg
    095qsq35ir73.png
  • Options
    renadedanterenadedante Member, Intrepid Pack
    Xenotex wrote: »
    Plenty of room for religion in Ashes, especially for the Tulnar

That's my goal! Oracle Tulnar! ^^
    [NA] Pandemonium| PVE focused | RP PVX | Tulnar | Divine Node
    Come check us out!
  • Options
    4tcrr3jmxyq3.jpeg
    bypplbdka4na.jpeg
  • Options
    TeylouneTeyloune Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Imoxator wrote: »
    q14kt8vhr26f.jpeg
    That's a good head. Not too flat. It seems like an interesting mix of Feline and Dragon features. I like it.

I feel like the other races lack that raw, simple beauty I'm after.
    They seem too sophisticated for what I'm looking for.
    I just wanna unleash a full-on beast mode with a rugged, raw-looking character and destroy my foes.
    wwb67471coom.jpg
  • Options
    ty3q8tx17qv4.jpeg
    u5l8c6eyozf7.png
  • Options
    ty3q8tx17qv4.jpeg

One of the best ones i've seen so far
  • Options
    I think I've got a solid idea. The Mongols? Took in many cultures and mixed MANY major and minor religions into their pagan culture, a proud and noble people, a strong Caste System with a Great Khan at the very top... Would love the idea of a horde sealed away eager to reclaim the once-lost surface led by the Khannate class at the very top. wqzvu22vwbij.png
    lawml5e35587.png
  • Options
    Azuru wrote: »
    Personally, this is the least creative and worst design choice they could make for the Tulnar race. They're not just living in the dirt, they're living in a world below the surface filled with all sorts of mystical wonders. You would be literally throwing out the culture of the 4 original races, the Caste system, and replacing it with Skaven which sounds terrible. The Tulnar are not Skaven, to quote Steven " The Tulnar are a proud and noble people". These are the ancestors of the original four races who escaped to the underrealm...

The 4 races AND the lesser-races; pro-Tulnar players seem to *love* to gloss over the fact that they will be in-bred as hell with a bunch of lesser-races from Verra that also scurried underground, to escape the apocalypse - thus the animal-faces and features.

Also, don't MOST civilizations define themselves as cultured, proud, and noble?

THIS is more how I imagine you guys:

fspbg144f9wh.png

Oh, man - I can't wait to see this guy make a funny! Most of you in this thread seem to be thinking cleanliness and cotton. Maybe start thinking matted-hair and rendered-hide wool robes?

• Options
    I think I've got a solid idea. The Mongols? Took in many cultures and mixed MANY major and minor religions into their pagan culture, a proud and noble people, a strong Caste System with a Great Khan at the very top... Would love the idea of a horde sealed away eager to reclaim the once-lost surface led by the Khannate class at the very top. wqzvu22vwbij.png
    lawml5e35587.png

I love the idea of using Mongols as inspiration. Seems very fitting.
    u5l8c6eyozf7.png
  • Options

....and since they're largely beast-people, they could BOTH be the people riding the war-wagons AND be the beasts pulling them!

• Options

....and since they're largely beast-people, they could BOTH be the people riding the war-wagons AND be the beasts pulling them!

Why else do you think we have a caste system lol
    u5l8c6eyozf7.png
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Personally, this is the least creative and worst design choice they could make for the Tulnar race. They're not just living in the dirt, they're living in a world below the surface filled with all sorts of mystical wonders. You would be literally throwing out the culture of the 4 original races, the Caste system, and replacing it with Skaven which sounds terrible. The Tulnar are not Skaven, to quote Steven " The Tulnar are a proud and noble people". These are the ancestors of the original four races who escaped to the underrealm...

The 4 races AND the lesser-races; pro-Tulnar players seem to *love* to gloss over the fact that they will be in-bred as hell with a bunch of lesser-races from Verra that also scurried underground, to escape the apocalypse - thus the animal-faces and features.

fspbg144f9wh.png

Oh, man - I can't wait to see this guy make a funny! Most of you in this thread seem to be thinking cleanliness and cotton. Maybe start thinking matted-hair and rendered-hide wool robes?

Way to make yourself an invalid with your lack of understanding of basic biology.

It’ll be the same in game, you not figuring out basic game functions.

More than likely though, you’re just a closet furry. Seem to can’t control yourself when it comes to Tulnar posts.
  • Options

fspbg144f9wh.png

Wrong, wrong, and...wrong? Plus...didn't ask. Maybe you should go read the Wiki again, you were unable to defeat my anti-skaven point and it was Steven who described them as proud and noble. Return here when you've corrected yourself young one... or don't. The choice is yours.
  • Options
    Way to make yourself an invalid with your lack of understanding of basic biology.

It’ll be the same in game, you not figuring out basic game functions.

More than likely though, you’re just a closet furry. Seem to can’t control yourself when it comes to Tulnar posts.

Invalid usually refers to someone who is physically disabled - and basic biology IRL would indicate that species too far separated by their genetic families are incapable of inter-breeding. This is high-fantasy; If SS wants men and tigers to have interbred, I'm all for it. No one said anything about basic game functions.

Also, are you ANTI-furry? Not that I am a furry - but would expect you to be more-tolerant of peoples' non-abomination sexual proclivities, in today's society; So long as it doesn't involve kids nor ****, let em' screw how they wanna!

Wrong, wrong, and...wrong? Plus...didn't ask. Maybe you should go read the Wiki again, you were unable to defeat my anti-skaven point and it was Steven who described them as proud and noble. Return here when you've corrected yourself young one... or don't. The choice is yours.

Wrong about what? And why - exactly - can't rat-people be proud and noble? Master Splinter was, wasn't he? The poor fellow was the victim of radioactive exposure, and yet he STILL became such a skilled martial-arts teacher that we has able to teach his martial arts to freakin' *TURTLES*! /Respect!

• Options
    4tcrr3jmxyq3.jpeg
    bypplbdka4na.jpeg

aow2vw69s8jn.jpg
    095qsq35ir73.png
  • Options
    wilfredo-delgado-concept-art-belworks-wilfredo-delgado-weapons-props-design-wise-stone-sword1.jpg?1610033944

From google :)

There are great!
    095qsq35ir73.png
  • Options
    Mauxfaux wrote: »
    tlbrdbfrookr.jpg
    eia1m0zilmjn.jpg
    d6zvbbfmsbk1.jpg
    dgtdjfj4syj6.jpg
    vf58bl0waz8v.jpg

These look amazing.
    095qsq35ir73.png
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    @Mauxfaux

seems so familiar..... lol

b9q91bkb98ib.png

jp6j5h9vpha3.png
  • Options
    MionikoiMionikoi Member
    edited November 2023
    @Mionikoi if they don't go with a unique and exclusive rigging model I imagine they'll have armour fit the same ways to some degree (minus horns, potentially feet/hooves/claws and what not).

And tails, hopefully.

I would love if Intrepid does tail wagging/twitching animations like ESO does for khajiit. Along with other emotes that are not all tied to facial features. Like ears peeling back like a cat's or bristling fur.
  • Options
    @Mionikoi if they don't go with a unique and exclusive rigging model I imagine they'll have armour fit the same ways to some degree (minus horns, potentially feet/hooves/claws and what not).

And tails, hopefully.

I would love if Intrepid does tail wagging/twitching animations like ESO does for khajiit. Along with other emotes that are not all tied to facial features. Like ears peeling back like a cat's or bristling fur.

Quite possibly on the table for them.
    I imagine tails would be an option for customisation with lots of potential for animations if/when they go down that path :smile:
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    npdXgLeku8NeGUelspJG--1--j24t1.jpg?tr=w-1600,c-at_max
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    1kjhrjry9g43.jpeg
    uhpvi61i9luj.jpeg
    a8mf9w71e4zb.jpeg
    ktvn84bihpae.jpeg
    2pfe777gn8ww.jpeg
  • Options
    imholtgf5ijo.png
    u5l8c6eyozf7.png
  • Options
    I wonder if the Tul'nar will have to have horns. 🤔
  • Options

Creatures with horns are vegetarian...
  • Options
    renadedanterenadedante Member, Intrepid Pack
    It'll probably be horns, ears or something of the sort head wise.
    [NA] Pandemonium| PVE focused | RP PVX | Tulnar | Divine Node
    Come check us out!
  • Options
    At least it won't be six ears. ^.^