Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

You Want To Be Proud Of This MMO

Comments

• Options
    It's not her I'm afraid of its more like miss nagash I'm looking out for 
  • Options
    lexmax said:

It's neither the number of stars or the post counts that matter. It's the pleasant, friendly and helpful  attitude brought here by you and most everyone here. 

Pfft, that's the kind of talk I'd expect from an almost four star :tongue:

Bah you know it's true and look who's talking?
    It's ok in a couple weeks I start my summer treks and you don't have to worry about me having extra time on my hands to catch up to you.  p~
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    Beware of Scottish lady Dwarves with beards @Nagash although I know nothing gets under your skin :D
    Nice one, @Kratz
    But don't pick @nagash 's bones too hard. His humor is so dry that his brittle sides might split from the laughter! And if he takes it the wrong way, if you start twisting his mortal coil, hes liable to stay as quiet as the dead till he pushes those hurt feelings six feet under until the dust settles. 

-Aegir Rumbleforge
    Knight of the Living Pun-Dead

• Options
    Kratz said:
    Beware of Scottish lady Dwarves with beards @Nagash although I know nothing gets under your skin :D
    Nice one, @Kratz
    But don't pick @nagash 's bones too hard. His humor is so dry that his brittle sides might split from the laughter! And if he takes it the wrong way, if you start twisting his mortal coil, hes liable to stay as quiet as the dead till he pushes those hurt feelings six feet under until the dust settles. 

-Aegir Rumbleforge
    Knight of the Living Pun-Dead

Ok then time to make a new grave for a pint size meat bag 
  • Options
    i totally agree with you Krojak. I for one have been wondering aimlessly in the MMO abyss for far too long and to finally see a glimpse of hope in the horizon, i can already smell the feast that awaits and the cheers of my fellow comrades as we slowly make our way to that promise land. Its where we have been searching for and will gladly call home. And when the time comes, i cant wait to say it to you all... Welcome Home!
  • Options
    i totally agree with you Krojak. I for one have been wondering aimlessly in the MMO abyss for far too long and to finally see a glimpse of hope in the horizon, i can already smell the feast that awaits and the cheers of my fellow comrades as we slowly make our way to that promise land. Its where we have been searching for and will gladly call home. And when the time comes, i cant wait to say it to you all... Welcome Home!
    Raises a mug in honor of this toast.
  • Options
    Lookinf forward to sitting by the fire in our new home.
  • Options
    I'll drink to that, surface dweller.
  • Options
    Intrepid's gotta load here with some info for game, or this community will be turning into a Keeping Up With AOC Players show.
  • Options
    There were a bunch of posts and letters horrible letters like q and r and i. So I got lost... I'm here now though don't leave me out. =<
  • Options
    UMJI PROUD OF AOC

LIFETIME YES NO DAY PAY FEE

EAT ONE CHEW TWO TIE UP THREE

MODERATE COMMUNITY.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    The excitement was palpable as the speaker rose, joined in unison by the myriad supporters gathered in the inn. Solemnly, he acknowledged those before him.

"I stand here with you, humbled and overwhelmed by your support." His voice was shaky with emotion. "This has been a long journey. We took risks, we fought, we struggled and sometimes we faltered along the way. But. But we never fell, because of the passion and dedication of everyone here. Whether in the community or an employee. Everyone has earned the right to be here tonight; and I thank you. I thank you for everything you've done along the way. I thank you for making this dream come true for us and for everyone."

There was scattered applause as the speaker paused, tears welling.

"Here tonight, standing at the center of this... This beautiful dream... We've made it!"

Overwhelmed, he simply held his tankard to the ceiling, "We've made it! Welcome home my friends! Welcome home!"

Tankards clattering and victorious caterwauls filled the room. We danced and sung and celebrated our new friendships and our new home.

It was hours before the room fell silent. Everyone else had set about staking their claim on this beautiful and perilous world, and I was soon to follow.

On my way out I noticed something odd near the door. I picked it up gingerly and held it my hand. 

Its faint golden glow was mesmerising...
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    The excitement was palpable as the speaker rose, joined in unison by the myriad supporters gathered in the inn. Solemnly, he acknowledged those before him.

"I stand here with you, humbled and overwhelmed by your support." His voice was shaky with emotion. "This has been a long journey. We took risks, we fought, we struggled and sometimes we faltered along the way. But. But we never fell, because of the passion and dedication of everyone here. Whether in the community or an employee. Everyone has earned the right to be here tonight; and I thank you. I thank you for everything you've done along the way. I thank you for making this dream come true for us and for everyone."

"Here tonight, standing at the center of this... This beautiful dream... We've made it!"

Overwhelmed, he simply held his tankard to the ceiling, "We've made it! Welcome home my friends! Welcome home!"

Tankards clattering and victorious caterwauls filled the room. We danced and sung and celebrated our new friendships and our new home.

It was hours before the room fell silent. Everyone else had set about staking their claim on this beautiful and perilous world, and I was soon to follow.

On my way out I noticed something odd near the door. I picked it up gingerly and held it my hand. 

And you hear a faint voice asking you a question.
    'Who are you' it says 'what are you?

Yes?
  • Options
    lexmax said:

Beautifully said!
  • Options
    I was proud until I got out of bed this morning now I have second thoughts
  • Options
    nagash said:
    I was proud until I got out of bed this morning now I have second thoughts
    Come back to bed, Nagash!
  • Options
    @Krojak When I see you in the alpha or beta I will hunt you down and kill you over and over again and even when you log off I will be waiting

Have fun ^^
  • Options
    nagash said:
    @Krojak When I see you in the alpha or beta I will hunt you down and kill you over and over again and even when you log off I will be waiting

Have fun ^^
    You will be so filled with corruption that seeking revenging during a Bounty Hunt will be glorious. Have Fun!
  • Options
    Krojak said:
    nagash said:

Have fun ^^
    You will be so filled with corruption that seeking revenging during a Bounty Hunt will be glorious. Have Fun!
    I was going to be damned from the start why would I care about a few more deaths
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    GaFl4Ever said:
    Draedin said:
    Kratz said:
    Well said @Krojak. I would suggest that heated debates and stormy exchanges at inevitable and part of the course as far as MMO forums go. Everyone should heed your words my friend, but it's also evident, to my mind, that this is probably the friendliest community I've encountered online since LOTRO. The nature of her is bound to change as more and more players join the community, but it will be fundamentally up to the Ashes "Golden Oldies" to keep our forum as we want it and help steer her from the mirky waters to the open skies. 

There is definitely a good vibe here and on Discord.  Especially when the dev's are so inclined to pop on and give a thought.  I don't know that I've seen devs jump on discord as much as the AOC team.

And there will always have that one or two guys in the community looking to stir trouble... I'm looking at you Full Loot thread creator...
    Oh no plz don't ruin this beautiful thread by provoking a Russian... the FSB is everywhere...
    He'll behave so don't worry, I heard he Putin a June pledge.
    Nice of him.
  • Options
    Krojak said:

"Look. This Here. This Is My Home, And I'm Proud Of It."

I said this exact phrase in another thread on this forum. We were discussing something about Ashes Of Creation, and finished my point by saying that this game is something I want to hang my hat on and say: "Look. This here. This is my home, and I'm proud of it."

I wasn't referring to a Freehold or city mansion, but the entire game itself. I feel this is something that each and every member of this forum community can agree on (for once). We all desperately want to see this MMO succeed in providing for us that sense of belonging that we've missed from previous MMOs, that sense of "home".

I know you miss it, I have empathy, I feel it too. The reason we are all so passionate, one way or another, on this forum is because we so badly want this Ashes of Creation to be everything that is lacking in other games. Don't be angry with the other forum goer who's opinion is different than yours. That person ALSO wants to see this game succeed.

At least we all have that in common.

I couldn't agree with you more my friend at the end of the day we hope this game to be the best that it can be!
  • Options
    Detox_YT said:
    Krojak said:

I said this exact phrase in another thread on this forum. We were discussing something about Ashes Of Creation, and finished my point by saying that this game is something I want to hang my hat on and say: "Look. This here. This is my home, and I'm proud of it."

I wasn't referring to a Freehold or city mansion, but the entire game itself. I feel this is something that each and every member of this forum community can agree on (for once). We all desperately want to see this MMO succeed in providing for us that sense of belonging that we've missed from previous MMOs, that sense of "home".

I know you miss it, I have empathy, I feel it too. The reason we are all so passionate, one way or another, on this forum is because we so badly want this Ashes of Creation to be everything that is lacking in other games. Don't be angry with the other forum goer who's opinion is different than yours. That person ALSO wants to see this game succeed.

I couldn't agree with you more my friend at the end of the day we hope this game to be the best that it can be!
    I have a good feeling it will :)
  • Options
    This is exactly how I feel tbh. Have been waiting for a game with that feeling for far too long :(
  • Options
    Lilem said:
    This is exactly how I feel tbh. Have been waiting for a game with that feeling for far too long :(
    As have most of us!
  • Options
    Lilem said:
    "Are we there yet!?" They said impatiently.

"Soon™", the soothing voice replied. "Soon™"
  • Options
    Detox_YT said:
    Krojak said:

I know I've already met some great people here.  Hang out in the discord occassionally!!!
  • Options
    tugowar said:
    Detox_YT said:
    Krojak said:

I know I've already met some great people here.  Hang out in the discord occassionally!!!
    Tried that. I couldn't get a word in edgewise.
  • Options
    You gotta do the 0/5 or 0/10 voice chats.  I'll grant you some of the people can be rambunctious.  Find me on there sometime!  I sit on it most of the day while I work... I love meeting new people on it.  
  • Options
    for those that need it:

discord.gg/AshesOfCreation
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    tugowar said:
    Detox_YT said:
    Krojak said:

Tried that. I couldn't get a word in edgewise.
    You need a powerful, commanding voice! Not some weak, wimpy little elf voice ;D