Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What's everyone Race of choice and why?

Comments

• Options
    NuubNuub Member
    I am torn between Ren'Kai and Vek for assassin main
  • Options
    Human Fighter
  • Options
    Py'rai! Can't wait til I get to try seasonal designs for them!

Main will be a spring ranger, bard support will be autumn, tank will be summer and finally a Summoner as winter!
    lizhctbms6kg.png
  • Options
    Human.

I’m a human.
  • Options
    Loving the diversity, good to see there isn’t one dominate race popping up, it’ll be good seeing how varied the towns are going to look with the different races bundled with their homes
    dirnvhxxle1r.png
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Vulfr wrote: »
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Races

^^ the Wiki is really helpful, and often updated after dev streams etc

\o/

---

Tough choice. Feel like I have to play a Vek named Veknar lol
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Vaknar wrote: »
    Vulfr wrote: »
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Races

^^ the Wiki is really helpful, and often updated after dev streams etc

\o/

---

Tough choice. Feel like I have to play a Vek named Veknar lol

You're Vaknar.

Dont forget it.
  • Options
    HarlowHarlow Member
    edited September 2023
    One of the elves or the Vaelune. Most likely all three, altoholism is a thing with me.

Oh and the "why" is visual appeal. With the elves it's also role-playing appeal (although I don't ever role-play but I like to feel and look the part at least).
    i0xzy5byic4r.png
  • Options
    Dwarf. Dunir specifically. They may just be generic dwarves, but I happen to really like generic dwarves.
  • Options
    ShadyZekuShadyZeku Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    To be honest i don't know yet :) I usually go for Human, but i have to wait and see i guess.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    hyqovcxpbmjn.png
  • Options
    Dwarf.

Because ROCK AND STONE!
  • Options
    renadedanterenadedante Member, Intrepid Pack
    I'm definitely going tulnar. I'm hoping to go reptilian/dragon. I think it's interesting for roleplay since they're the people who were here before the fall. I also think the character creator will be fun. It also leave an element of potential evil should I want it :)
    [NA] Pandemonium| PVE focused | RP PVX | Tulnar | Divine Node
    Come check us out!
  • Options
    Im planning on making two characters. One healer and one melee dps. Human for cleric and tulnar in the form of a werewolf as dps if it's possible. I think it's interesting to go as a tulnar as @renadedante said to be the race that stayed when everone left.

I always tend to make characters that I feel connected to and that semi looks like me. I also want to be the "good guy" that strive for order and preservation. So no dirty orcs.
  • Options
    Orym wrote: »
    Im planning on making two characters. One healer and one melee dps. Human for cleric and tulnar in the form of a werewolf as dps if it's possible. I think it's interesting to go as a tulnar as @renadedante said to be the race that stayed when everone left.

I always tend to make characters that I feel connected to and that semi looks like me. I also want to be the "good guy" that strive for order and preservation. So no dirty orcs.

pretty sure honor is a orcs main tenet
    Referral Code : 8GTVW547SYDTHE6Nashesofcreation.com/r/8GTVW547SYDTHE6N
  • Options
    Tulnar if i can make something like this 71qq7p10j9ib.jpg

a renkai orc like this ojs2rbekdu5b.jpeg

or simply a empyrean elf for that royal feel
  • Options
    SweatycupSweatycup Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2023
    Unsure but i will indefinitely make a tulnar alt. I think having to deal with npc’s reaction to me will make my life too difficult to main. Only race i dont plan to role is nikua and the other dwarf race. I rarely choose vertically challenged races unless it provides a legit buff like minimized hitbox or being able to hide in tall brush.
  • Options
    @Demostrathe what you are honoring and are honored for can be very different and subjective therefore I said "good guy" in quotation.
  • Options
    Depends on the character creator and racials. There's no actual dark elves so I'm hoping the character creator has that option. If not,probably vek.
  • Options
    Dünir armor is just too epic to not be a dorf as fighter or tank! A perfect blend of being fantasy, but not being over-designed.

0tn132gsjada.png

See? Nuff said.
    Hard carry for both teams
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Vaelune. Got to get some Jinn inheritance 😆
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Erahh wrote: »
    Nothing scarier than a little man with an axe

What about ... ... ... ... ... "TWO" little Men with Axes ?? >;-) >:)

Jokes aside for now. o:)

I of Course, will first go with a Human Character before i make anything else. Since i am as Caucasian as it gets, i go with the white-looking Folks first who don't have "Djinn-Heritage" in their Lineage.

The cool Djinn-Heritage Folks second, probably. I am not sure yet : because i also and too really want to make a very cool Dwarf-Character as well.

Maybe at some one of the later Choices on of these cool, Lizard(?)-like Underground-People Characters,

maybe an Orc - because i think the "green Ones" look extremely cool in this Game - but Humans and Dwarves usually first. Human is more a self-insert, Dwarves is because Dwarves are the coolest Fantasy-Race since sliced Bread and Cappuccino. lol
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Roxi wrote: »
    only well-defined facial features, a cold look, long hair and a royal stature... only Empyrean

* Pls step on me Mommy Vibes intensify * x'D

I admit,
    the Vibe of such a cool, "farouche" Elf Person with an ice-cold Stare, an almost "cruel" kind of Beauty : and a proud Stance that shows their unconditional Pride and cold Elegance has something appealing.

Like,
    you want to prove to such a cool, possibly Eons old Elf Person that you are also a worthy Being and Person. And not just some little bit glorified Monkey that came down from the Trees and is now wearing Clothes in an attempt to mimic Civilisation when you are a Human. (hahah x'D)

It's what i found so cool on for Example the " Aen Elle' " from the Witcher Series.

There you have these cool, tall, proud Elves who can easily age about at least half a Millennia or more - and sadly they already had bad Experiences with Humans the in the Past,

so of Course they are somewhat distrustful towards Human and look down on them.

If you can prove yourself to be an okay Person and possibly somewhat reliable even when You are just a normal Human Being and they are these "nearly perfect" seeming Humanoids who appear as if they have barely any flaws at all, that is kinda satisfying in itself.

I read through the Racial Descriptions to the most part by now : doing it again very soon. I think the different Races of the World of Ashes of Creation are very well thought and read themself very interesting.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Alot races are interesting to me, but I value stats and racials too so it really depends whats the best for what I am playing.
  • Options
    GothGhost wrote: »
    Alot races are interesting to me, but I value stats and racials too so it really depends whats the best for what I am playing.

I read a bit of a Decription that " Orc's " can have something like a Berserker-Rush or so : so when You want to play a Fighter that can kick a lot of Ass, you might want to play that Fighter as an Orc.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    GothGhost wrote: »

Hm pretty sure i saw on the wiki or heard intrepid saying that there will be racial stats and stuff like that but not so much so as to where you are forced to play a certain class
  • Options
    something that let me play a non muscular/oversexualised character. i want to play a grandma.

from Antonio de luca
    antonio-de-luca-babayaga-lowres.jpg?1508247724
    sorry for my bad english, my native langage is french.
  • Options
    PlasticLemonsPlasticLemons Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I’m going Vek as my Cleric main. I originally picked them because their description sounded like it fit a healer the most, but after they showcased the model that had the massive pitch black eyes I fell in love all over again.

I want to make a rogue also and would either make a Dünir for that (extra sneaky when you’re small) or another Vek because they really do look amazing.
  • Options
    RitchieSHRitchieSH Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Dunir - Because snowy mountains make the best homes, which are needed for the great dwarves
    Subscribe to RitchieSH. You know you want to
  • Options
    For A2 I am thinking Vek or Renkai bard........... ...Tulnar Summoner when they are available.. then Necromancer or Enchanter....
  • Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    edited September 2023
    Freemeta wrote: »
    from Antonio de luca
    antonio-de-luca-babayaga-lowres.jpg?1508247724

Oh my !! A nice and friendly looking Baba Yaga ? ^^

More "Civilian and harmless looking/seeming"-Characters are underrated, i think. Even to this very Day in WoW, i see about 998 Players out of 1000 play young, vital and capable looking Characters who totally fit into an Adventurer-kind of Lifestyle.

You have the Option to let your Character look old and retired - but about no one uses that. I could imagine that we see some more Players in Ashes of Creation go for that Look. It looks more realistic anyway. The overall Look of the Game.
    a50whcz343yn.png