Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Warning from my previous experiences facing healers balanced around PvE.

Comments

• Options
    P0GG0P0GG0 Member
    edited November 2023
    But do you guys know any prior games that provides anti heal threw the skill tree ? its so rare and i feel and should be accessible to everybody.

people keep thinking its a hard problem to solve, its not.
  • Options
    People here dont seem to think it is a problem in the first place with assassins being distinctly designed to completely annihilate low defense targets or will wait for the Alpha to come around and take a look whether your concerns turn out to be justified.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    Kilion wrote: »
    People here dont seem to think it is a problem in the first place with assassins being distinctly designed to completely annihilate low defense targets or will wait for the Alpha to come around and take a look whether your concerns turn out to be justified.

yes you so smart, thanks for posting.
  • Options
    How about actually adressing what I said?
    Whats wrong with testing the current system in the Alpha and reserve judgement for that time?
  • Options
    P0GG0P0GG0 Member
    edited November 2023
    How about actually adressing what I said?
    Whats wrong with testing the current system in the Alpha and reserve judgement for that time?

if we take that approach then lets just shut down the whole forums ? just talking about my experience on what happens when the meta relies around broken healers leading to boring zergs. seen it over and over while you were still sucking ur mom's tits.

look at how many people click'd on the topic that's about 900 people that kept the thread clean from a lack opinion or care. maybe learn from them ?

you forum warriors are a meme. you don't represent anything. if you wana go off topic ever two minutes just go on a discord chan.
  • Options
    Since you are unable to simply discuss the topic and only cry about what things I am in your imagination, I'll leave you to it from now on.^^
  • Options
    P0GG0 wrote: »
    i'm done repeating myself for ur entertainment.

This was the best post of your thread.
  • Options
    try winning an argument, hurt feelings don't count.
  • Options
    also what do you mean healers no OP ? their is 13 class per realm and 1 of them get pick'd twice every single time ?

Over Powered in my book means the class is more powerful than any other class or is so powerful it causes game balance issues. If in Daoc you only needed 1 healer in a 8 man group engaged in PvP then the class likely would have been OP. If your healer can heal a full group and themselves with people chasing them around or hitting them for lots of damage then it is an OP class. If you were a healer in Daoc in PvP you were dead unless you could kite well (when kiting no heals since you could not move if casting) or get cross healed by another healer. If you were moving or CC'd you could not help your group (sure you had a few insta heals but they had super long cooldowns like 10 mins).

I also think saying Daoc was an accident does not give credit to the innovative and hard work the original developers put into the game.

Could a healing class be overpowered?? hell yes and if as some of you are saying healers are better tanks than tanks in some games than yes that is a real problem. You have to let casters be interrupted or any of them could be way OP.

I see two trains of thought here at the core of this discussion. 1) some people want classes that can do a bit of everything so there is no determent to not having a certain class. 2) Others want classes to be real good at one thing and thus need a group to accomplish anything.
    I admit I would fall into the 2nd group of people. I want a healer that is good at the job and not one that can Tank and Heal perfectly. I also don't want a tank that can heal as if they are a healer etc...
  • Options
    we learned to play and love meta games but are they really the best way to go. i quickly get bored of building groups of 'one of each role'. its escalates to infinity.

to take a random example, i love starcraft and learning a solid strategy that can make me win despite randomness. but over the years i realised that the most entertaining matches are the ones filled with mistakes and recoveries.
  • Options
    XuriXuri Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited November 2023
    You'll never see even the most basic level of micro and strategy required to play an RTS where APM is king in an MMO designed to appeal to a middle aged audience.

Also not really sure why people are trying to argue or change the mind of the OP. Their original post is a statement and doesn't elude to anything outside of that. If anything this thread should have been put in feedback.
  • Options
    P0GG0P0GG0 Member
    edited November 2023
    Xuri wrote: »
    You'll never see even the most basic level of strategy required to play an RTS in an MMO.

well it depends if the devs push as in that direction, from the very little info we have about the game they are mixing hardcore pvp with trinity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVu-Idicqk4&amp;t=522s

look at thoes guys on a 20 year old game. real life example of when to much is too much lol.

• Options
    Sorry, had to edit to clarify my vague point.
  • Options
    Xuri wrote: »
    Sorry, had to edit to clarify my vague point.

that's nice, i think i triggered world views by accident.
  • Options
    People are bored and just want to argue. Even with things that are too early to know not to mention where there is a chance that feedback might actually be taken into consideration.
  • Options
    Exactly. We have time to see how well the current systems work during the Alpha and then see what needs fixing.
  • Options
    Exactly. We have time to see how well the current systems work during the Alpha and then see what needs fixing.

bro, literally every game said that at some point and still go for the same core mechanics and build and build on top of it until its too late.
  • Options
    Since you are unable to simply discuss the topic and only cry about what things I am in your imagination, I'll leave you to it from now on.^^

i realized a couple of pages ago its impossible arguing with him. he is probably trolling. you can also tell he hasnt played many games. it seems that he only played games where healers are op.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Depraved wrote: »

i realized a couple of pages ago its impossible arguing with him. he is probably trolling. you can also tell he hasnt played many games. it seems that he only played games where healers are op.

I dont think trolling, I think that the poster thinks they have a valid point, and that their thinking is the only valid thinking.

They would be wrong on both points if that is the case - but it is the assumption I've gone with.
  • Options
    Noaani wrote: »

I dont think trolling, I think that the poster thinks they have a valid point, and that their thinking is the only valid thinking.

They would be wrong on both points if that is the case - but it is the assumption I've gone with.

Please ONE person tells me why healing should be the same in a pve raids and open world pvp ?
    I don't want to discuss anything else.
  • Options

Please ONE person tells me why healing should be the same in a pve raids and open world pvp ?

There are also reasons to engage in open world PvP, which is subject to the player flagging and corruption system.[8][11]

Contesting open-world dungeons or raids.[8]

Approximately 20% of content in Ashes of Creation will be instanced.[1][2][3][4][5]

What we're creating is a PvX game; and what that means is our target audience is the PvX player; and that is our golden cohort. And so to a degree if a player is solely interested in the most elaborate raid boss mechanics within a controlled and curated setting that is instanced gameplay, Ashes might not be the game for them and that's okay. However, with that being said, we do have a division of curated experiences that exist in an 80:20 ratio; and what that means is roughly 20% of the content that players will experience will be instanced, because where we want to have that granular control over the design and mechanics of a particular storyline or encounter we utilize the instance setting to provide that.[1] – Steven Sharif
  • Options
    that makes it way simpler to balance, good move from them.
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    that's anti fun, i want 4 people to beat 4 lesser player by being better rather than who has the perfect composition. i'm so tired of sitting in town waiting for that holy trinity. Do it for pve no problem but dont ruin my pvp experience by being intellectually lazy. with that mindset no wonder people just wait for the bigger zerg and actualy never fight.

Sure, the composition of a group could make an impact on how a battle goes. However, that isn't to say that skill doesn't also make an impact.

It's theoretically possible that a skilled group of players could win against players that may lack that skill, but have a more favorable group composition.

With that said, Alpha Two testing will be a great battleground for testing this out, and seeing how different Archetypes, playstyles, and even skill sets will go up against one another.
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Vaknar wrote: »
    that's anti fun, i want 4 people to beat 4 lesser player by being better rather than who has the perfect composition. i'm so tired of sitting in town waiting for that holy trinity. Do it for pve no problem but dont ruin my pvp experience by being intellectually lazy. with that mindset no wonder people just wait for the bigger zerg and actualy never fight.

Sure, the composition of a group could make an impact on how a battle goes. However, that isn't to say that skill doesn't also make an impact.

It's theoretically possible that a skilled group of players could win against players that may lack that skill, but have a more favorable group composition.

With that said, Alpha Two testing will be a great battleground for testing this out, and seeing how different Archetypes, playstyles, and even skill sets will go up against one another.

At least you said it.
  • Options
    edited December 2023

See, I dont even get what you mean by healing being "the same".

My only assumption is that you are talking (perhaps unknowingly) from the perspective of games where PvE encounters are mechanically different to PvP fighting (ie, most games that have both).

Since the intention of Ashes is that mobs and players both use the same stats and mechanics, rather than a different set completely, it makes perfect sense that healers should function the same.

Your entire premise seems to me to be flawed when considering what Ashes is already planning on doing differently to other games you are likely to have experienced.
  • Options
    salty forum warriors putting words in my mouth.
  • Options
    Joined 7 days ago and acts like the Edgelord himself who studied the blade XD
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    salty forum warriors putting words in my mouth.

Someone stating what it is they think you are saying - and pointing out that it is an assumption - is not them putting words in your mouth.

What it actually does is give you an oppprtunity to learn how your words are being percieved, and gives you an opportunity to clarify if people are getting the wrong idea.pl

If your response to that is to claim people are putting words in your mouth, rather than clarifying what it is you are trying to say, thats on you.

Fact is, you claim you want a discussion, you have been presented with an opportunity to clarify your position for said discussion, and so fsr you have refused to do so.

Seems to me that you are the salty one here, but that is just another assumption that you are free to clarify if you like.
  • Options
    Joined 7 days ago and acts like the Edgelord himself who studied the blade XD

LMFAO