Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, September 27, 2024 at 11am Pacific

VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
qa-1920__4_.gif?h=250

Glorious Ashes of Creation Community!

Our next livestream featuring an Ashes of Creation Alpha Two Guide will be Friday, September 27, 2024 at 11am Pacific! (Click here to convert this to your local time.)

If you have a question for our team, then you’re in the right place! Please submit your question for our development team in the thread below, and we'll select 10 of them at random to answer during the end of our livestream. In order to accommodate a variety of questions from our community, please only post ONE question below - the more direct, and succinct the better (think one to two sentences)! Submissions end Wednesday, September 25, 2024 at 11am Pacific, so we can select your questions before the broadcast.

We'll see you soon for our development update livestream! twitch.tv/ashesofcreation
community_management.gif

Comments

• TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    How do you plan to feasibly deliver the other biomes before launch? We first saw the Riverlands in May 2022 and when A2 starts in October it will be the only biome properly in the game as Desert and Tropics do not have any Nodes planned for P1. You have said in the past that it gets quicker to create biomes as you go on, but even the Phase 3 slide only has 5 of the close to 20 planned zones.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • What are the systems for node atrophy, and will materials be required for upkeep?
  • TenguruTenguru Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It's mentioned multiple times that The Seven created "The Four Parent Races", "The Four Great Races" or "The Four Divine Races". If the Toren Empire predates the Aelean Empire and Pyrian Kingdom, did the Toren Half-Elves exist before Humans and Elves?
    ytqg7pibvfdd.png
    I'll tend to the flame, you can worship the ashes.
  • What percentage of the skill tree will a max level character have allocated.
  • PlasticLemonsPlasticLemons Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will there be a hard cap on how many rooms an Inn will offer?
  • SonicXplosionSonicXplosion Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 20
    I'm interested to learn about skill points and skill acquisition. Are there plans for the more powerful skills in the skill tree to cost multiple skill points?
    wvumdu7jsxn2.png
  • edited September 20
    Perfect question for the guide. We'll supposedly have flagging in Phase 1. What is the limit of attacking other players, where "testing the flagging system and its pitfalls" becomes "harassment"?
  • SnowElfSnowElf Member
    edited September 20
    With Alpha 2 just within reach, when can the playerbase expect the Content Creator program to go into full swing?
    jlyhubmxm6w1.png

Founder and Guild Leader of -Providence-
  • when will the alpha 2 client be available to download?
  • VoxtriumVoxtrium Member
    edited September 20
    What are some content loops that players can expect to experience through the Alpha phases? Should we expect completed content loops in P1? For example I think about how caravans interact with leveling nodes, what systems should we expect to be integrated to that level during P1 if any?
  • JeanPhilippeGungharJeanPhilippeGunghar Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will Shadow cloud computer users be able to log in and test Alpha-2, or will they have to buy a gaming computer? Also, is the anti-cheat feature planned for Alpha-2?
  • momojimomoji Member, Leader of Men, Alpha One
    question from last stream
    As an osrs clue junkie, i saw that Treasure Maps are things in A2 and in the main game. Can you talk more about them, and how they are executed compared to other games (runescape and other games that have these kind of systems).
    thanks
  • Will skill tree upgrade paths be similar in the amount of choices for each archetype?
  • A couple of years ago, Steven said that instanced raids will not provide best-in-slot items and those will be found in the open world raids because of player competition. Is this still the plan or is Intrepid considering instanced endgame bosses?
  • BelamereBelamere Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    How much of the Animal Husbandry system will be in Alpha 2? Will we be able to breed and tame various creatures?
  • Awesome, can’t wait for the Alpha Two guide! I’ll be tuning in for sure. Thanks for the update!
  • My question is about the Shrines that can be placed in Freeholds. I would like to know if the information we have so far remains the same, such as how to allocate it in a Freehold, whether it would take up a Freehold slot, and if it will still be an essential building for competing in the Religion Ranking. I would also like to know if the Shrines would serve as a sort of quick access to religion-related options or if it would simply be something to provide advantages in the Ranking competition.
    taauiwts4buy.png
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • VexxisVexxis Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will alpha 2 have controller support
  • Is there going to be commonly used materials that are only available in a certain biome / node or even part of the sea ?
    As in whale oil only being available around Sujoma island for advanced cooking recipes. Which would create high demand on the other side of the world and great reward for merchants traveling that far.
  • edited 1:40AM
    We know that there will be different loot systems in the game (Free for all, Round Robin, etc.) but how will Glint, a BOUND currency, be distributed if the loot type for the group is set to Master Looter? Will the master looter be the only one that receives Glint?
  • KaioniKaioni Member
    edited 5:39AM
    Hi, super excited for Alpha2! Just wanted to ask 2 questions (can pick either as equally interesting to me).

1) It has been stated many times that every archetype/class is capable of performing and building around every weapon; how does this interact with specific classes that have clearly weapon-reliant skills? Examples being moves like 'Brutal Cleave' and 'Whirlwind' that heavily suggest needing a 2-handed weapon. Or a ranger who primarily learns bow attacks. Will skills adjust their visuals to match a change in weapon, like, for example, a speedier fighter using daggers/dual swords as opposed to a 2-hander. Or will the skill trees be expansive enough to have skills that cover for other playstyles within that archetype?

One of my favourite things about RPGs is they allow you the thought of "How does a fighter use a bow differently to a ranger, etc" I hope AoC is able to fulfil these types of fantasies with its idea that everyone can use any weapon.

2) Leading on, could you provide a rough estimate or idea of the number of skills each archetype should have on the official launch, and how many we could potentially acquire from this pool via skillpoints? Do secondary archetype augments pull from the same skill points as primary archetypes?

Thanks!
  • What is your interpretation of role-playing as a character within the story? (for example, do you view it more as role-playing yourelf as a player expressing your own personal ideals and choices through the gameplay, or instead is role-playing more about playing character classes/races who have their own pre-dispositions, unique content, and stories to experience)
  • Are you able to spinn up more servers fast, dont you think 9000 / 3 CCP is a bit low for the Alpha 2?
  • During the Alpha 2 testing phases, will there be any "events" that Intrepid will put on? It could be PvE or PvP
    jlyhubmxm6w1.png

Founder and Guild Leader of -Providence-
  • ElleandriaElleandria Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 20
    As it is listed in the Alpha-2 Phase III: Features & Contents we will be getting the starting Iterations to a few unique systems such as Religion, but one such feature missing from the Phase lists is that of the Social Organization system. This has been noted upon a few times over the years giving us tiny tidbits into the teams ideas about implementation of this system, can Steven (Or any member of the Intrepid Studios team) give us a more specific relation to this system's impact, specifically on the Node/Augment/Artisan systems because we do not currently have much publicly resourced information on this matter. I feel that this is also a point of interest in the community since it has previously been stated that Social Organizations, along with Religion, would not be modular and that they have a very specific intent in their respective gameplay loops. It is also something to note that this system has been said to have questlines including Sabotage, Espionage and Intrigue which wouldn't be PvP in the combat sense but be PvP in the Objectives to compete against one another, I feel as if this system would be a very good point to touch on during the Alpha-2 guide to let players know what to expect in the phase wherein Social Organizations will be introduced.

Question TLDR: What is Intrepid Studio's goals for Social Organizations, specifically when referencing Nodes/Augments/Artisan Systems? I think the community would also like to know WHEN will we see this system come online in it's starting iteration? As well as what components of this system are still up in the air for the community to give ideas or insight into, what portions are static or set in stone by the team per game design?
  • How many Freehold Deeds are available for a node stage 3?
  • Elleandria wrote: »
    As it is listed in the Alpha-2 Phase III: Features & Contents we will be getting the starting Iterations to a few unique systems such as Religion, but one such feature missing from the Phase lists is that of the Social Organization system. This has been noted upon a few times over the years giving us tiny tidbits into the teams ideas about implementation of this system, can Steven (Or any member of the Intrepid Studios team) give us a more specific relation to this system's impact, specifically on the Node/Augment/Artisan systems because we do not currently have much publicly resourced information on this matter. I feel that this is also a point of interest in the community since it has previously been stated that Social Organizations, along with Religion, would not be modular and that they have a very specific intent in their respective gameplay loops. It is also something to note that this system has been said to have questlines including Sabotage, Espionage and Intrigue which wouldn't be PvP in the combat sense but be PvP in the Objectives to compete against one another, I feel as if this system would be a very good point to touch on during the Alpha-2 guide to let players know what to expect in the phase wherein Social Organizations will be introduced.

Question TLDR: What is Intrepid Studio's goals for Social Organizations, specifically when referencing Nodes/Augments/Artisan Systems? I think the community would also like to know WHEN will we see this system come online in it's starting iteration? As well as what components of this system are still up in the air for the community to give ideas or insight into, what portions are static or set in stone by the team per game design?

This PLEASE so curious