Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What Races will there be/ do you want to see?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Lore says that the main 4 races fled the planet aeons ago and presumably lived separately so I don't think we'll see half-and-halfs early in the game's life.
  • Options
    Hmm I think I would like to see the Ents :D

But probably something more along the lines of a potential alien race that has to start over
  • Options
    After playing Shadowbane and seeing there was a Minotaur race and a Centaur race and even an Ephilym race with wings..any of those would be nice. P.S. Shadow bane was 15+ years ago too..should be doable.
  • Options
    [quote quote=14276]A lot of games have fallen flat for me on this subject. I need variety. I never play humans, I play one IRL and it’s awful. [/quote]

*Offers huggles and cookies to Xzygy*

Yeah, I know it's not constructive, but someone needed to. :)
  • Options
    So the strange naming convention for race names, although typical fantasy sounds, is impossible to remember. I am in 2 D&D games, mine and my friends. My friend uses strange fantasy naming conventions like this, and the party forgets. In my campaign I use more normal but still fantasy sounds, e.g. Ove, Aerghertra, Avens, Wom, Kelpth, Mereth and so on and so fourth, and people easily remember them and actually act like they know the places and fit them into common dialogue and backstory.

You say you have 8 races game, but to me it looks like you have four races and four re-skins and have given them fancy names. Players DON'T want re-skins, they want versatile and different.

Additionally, it feels kind of lacking to me to just stick to the typical four races. Giants, Dragonborn and Fiendblooded are pretty fun additions, and not to mention the ever popular anthro races.

Just my thoughts.
  • Options
    @pbtenchi The nice thing about AoC is that the races will have unique class augments (and stats too I think?) so even if they are technically reskins the decision to play one race over another still holds meaning. Also I think you're missing that the next kickstarter stretchgoal is a 9th race so they are clearly willing to add new races as they feel they can do so effectively.
  • Options
    I just really want to play a short race, so I guess out of the choices we have now I would probably go with Dwarves :D
    I would really like it if they added another short race though! I want more short race options, but dwarves are cool and badass so I'm glad we have those at least!
    I know some people here might not like this race I'm about to mention cause they look like toddlers lol but I really love the Lalafell from FFXIV!! They look like little babies but they're actually badass lol. I also love the arrogant Asura from GW2.
    Also I agree that they should add more races that are super obviously different and unique looking from each other, and maybe they could make-up a completely new race for this game that we've never seen before! that would be cool.
  • Options
    I want to play Undead Skeleton races with Death Aura.
  • Options
    I personally quite like the idea of lizardmen, like on skyrim, or like a catman. Im just wondering how much you can customize your characters at the begining. will it be like skyrim where you can change your characters facial features? Or, will it just be a matter of picking the race and class?
  • Options
    I would like to add an optimistic reminder about what my hopes would be for the races in one word, for those old enough to remember.
    EVERQUEST! (or crack if you prefer)

Few MMORPGs if any have brought as diverse a culture as the original and forgotten world of Norrath. With 1 6 races, most of which have only been seen as variations in other titles.
    Though the skins are dated even rerendering them for a more modern adaption would more than meet everyone's desires. I only bring this up because it is my understanding that several Dev's have worked on EQ and EQ2 (well that reason and I still to this day compare MMORPG's to the original EQ. though I did prefer things pre PoK)
    Personally, I would kill for another shot to play a TRUE Teir'Dal, Shadow Knight.
    But It would be nice to see the Iskar, Ogre, froglok, and Vah Shir make an appearance
  • Options
    I would very much like to see a more younger race option, wether that be a unique race in and of itself or just simply allowing you to tweak the sliders enough for the pre-existing races that you could make yourself smaller/younger looking.

One of the things that has always irritated me about many MMO's is the generic "men must be beefcakes and women must have large breasts no matter what" mentality, wich is prevalent to some degree even in excellent character creation systems like BDO. Regardless of how much you tweak the sliders, there is still just too much muscle definition for the males, and you really cannot make them short enough. It would be excellent if we had TRUE freedom to make our characters as small/thin as we want or as tall/bulky as we want. I wish for AoC to simply put that choice in our hands.

If we had to introduce a unique race that was smaller/younger though I would want it to be able to fit in with the lore of AoC and make sense in the world space. Since this game *seems* to be more traditional fantasy with Humans, Elves, Dwarves (presumably) etc. a neko race similar to the Lyn in BnS unfortunately would not make sense, regardless of how much I love them...but maybe something like a Halfling race would work?
  • Options
    I would like to see a VAMPIRE race.
    And make it so they are weaker in daylight and more efficient/stronger at night/dark places, with good stats for MAGIC users.
  • Options
    Dragonkin, Dark Elf or Drow, & Demonic/Succubus (preferably the tall succubus, not small).
  • Options
    I want to see gryphons :D
  • Options
    So the Race Break down is 4 races with 2 sub races, they are in the kickstarter page.
    Aela Humans are broken into the Kaelar (race of the old empire) and the Vaelune (desert merchants) subraces
    Pyrian Elves there sub races are Empyrean (Cultured High elves) and the Py'rai (woodland elves)
    Dunzenkell dwarves with sub races of the Dunir (the smash it with hammer and face live in the mountain dwarf) and the Nikua ( a new take on dwarves with Samoa/Polynesian vibes)

lastly are the orcs which both are not what we typically think of orcs.
    Kaivek orcs are divided into the Ren'kai (a Samurai-like coded people who shouldn't be made angry) and the Vek(stargazing, prophesizing, philosophers)

we are almost there for the underworld race, all we know so far is that they did not come thru the divine portals like the other races and have only come to surface because of this fact. they will have beast like traits, I am guessing lizardfolk because of the enlongated tail and pointed shoulders. at this point its just a guess
  • Options
    For the Underrealm race (Which I think will be rats o.o), I would love...

<strong>Big. Ass. Lizards!</strong>

That is all.
  • Options
    I always wanted to become an angel and deny the humanity I was born with.

But I was concerned about seeing guilty;non-innocent immature humans playing the same holy racial skin.

Now that it's a Kickstarter exclusive with a perfect price that helps reducing the number of unworthy humans from getting it, my life is complete.
  • Options
    <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/what-races-will-there-be-do-you-want-to-see/page/12/#post-27360">AIice wrote:</a></div>I always wanted to become an angel and deny the humanity I was born with.

But I was concerned about seeing guilty;non-innocent immature humans playing the same holy racial skin.

Now that it’s a Kickstarter exclusive with a perfect price that helps reducing the number of unworthy humans from getting it, my life is complete.

</blockquote>

until they release a slightly altered version in the cash shop.
  • Options
    Some kind of an undead race. Like ghost or a skeletton <3
  • Options
    And Pandas!

You know that'll be a win ;)

<runs away>
  • Options
    <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/what-races-will-there-be-do-you-want-to-see/page/11/#post-27004">Korgi wrote:</a></div>to be more traditional fantasy with Humans, Elves, Dwarves (presumably) etc. a neko race</blockquote>

I completely and wholeheartedly agree with everything you've said. I'm tired of having to be the most muscular in shape male possible. The thing is, what sense does a muscled up body builder as a healer. I want to be younger and smaller, a halfling race would be amazing and I really hope something of the sort could be integrated into the game for those of us who don't like having to be gigantic muscleheads