Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Official Livestream Q&A Question Thread – May 19, 2017

Comments

• Options
    Will there be a chance to back the project once kickstarter has finished as I get paid just after it finishes :P
  • Options
    With 64 class combos how will you balance for PvP? Or will you need to balance at all since PvP is focused on group content?
  • Options
    like what we know there is marriage system on game are there will be any benefits for player from this system (like some kind of buffs food or summon you partner etc..)
  • Options
    Will there be any quests that involve stealing or assassinations? How will this work in terms of avoiding detection from the law or guards?

How will stealth work, a physical skill or magical (invisibility)? (Yes I love Rogues!)

How will you deal with player deaths, penalty's and re-spawns, will there be repairs cost associated with death or general combat?

Thanks!
  • Options
    Could you please explain a little bit about the 3 million dollar Kickstarter stretch goal and whether there will be any more stretch goals past 3 Million?
  • Options
    Can there be a corrupted city where corrupted players reside? Say if a group of corrupted players are leveling a node will it be a corrupted node?
  • Options
    Is there going to be limitations to how many people you can have in your raid group and is there going to be a role for people with lower lvl that want to help defeat some world bosses?
    For example, we got dragon woke up that is threatening the whole node and low lvl people want to help raid it and defend their node.
  • Options
    Would love to know how the inventory/bag system will work. Will there be separate 'tabs' for things like crafting materials or quest collectibles or other types of collectables etc, or will it take up space in our actual inventory/bag. Also would love to have an account wide bank, makes moving things to alts a heck of a lot easier. Thanks
  • Options
    Can you give us an ETA on combat class skill + augment release?
  • Options
    How are you going to implement the under realm? What kind of ways can players go from the overworld into the under realm? Is there going to be a "dark sea" in the under realm since we know that there are ships and ocean content?
  • Options
    Will the area music change depending on the nodes Level? and when under attack>? thanks :D
  • Options
    Will quests have exclamation marks above their heads or will they be hidden until interacted with or even a mix of both? I ask this because you have said in previous Q&As that you want to encourage player discovery and secrets.

I'll change this if it gets chosen in the May 17 livestream.
  • Options
    How is Crowd Control going to be handled in AoC? Will we have "diminishing returns" or anything similar?
  • Options
    I ask this question in General earlier, but we still have no info on how will it be.

Do you have any way to help out the economy of the cities for every players?

I have play the game with crafting as you describe and to increase my level of crafting I have to make lot’s of useless products. Like if there is someone who can already make High quality sword for lv.20 players, why should people want to buy low quality swords from new players. When this happen the players who can make lower quality products will not have the buying power for resources to make more products to raise their level. They have to chip in their earning from somewhere else to get the resources they want.
    But then the players who can make high quality products they will keep buying resources from the market too, thus raising the price of resources, so the lower quality products maker will not be able to stay in market.
    I myself in another game have make 30-40 same swords which I can’t sell even a single one since another players craft better quality swords than mine. As a result they are like garbage to me and since I can’t sell them, I have to go around mining for resources myself as I don’t have money to buy resources, but then higher level players keep getting higher and higher level since they buy everything they want and keep crafting better and better products. As a new player I gave up crafting completely after a while.

Also places like Inn or tavern, although it is a good idea that they give boost too stats and such, with just a few of them around some of them will be left out. Also many players wouldn’t care about going into them since a bit of a stats boost wouldn’t affect much in real battle in which they have to fight in groups and go on for hours. So I don’t think most food sell in them will go out a lot.
    Then not many purchases and not high enough customers(players) for each of the tavern and Inn, they will keep piling up on food too.
    Also same for new players food products too, if there are 30 Tavern in town, after looking around, if players want to use tavern or Inn, they would rather go to the tavern that provide high quality food rather than low quality tavern since the Benefit shouldn’t be able to stacks. This will make lower quality tavern out of business.

It would be great that there are NPCs who go around the city purchasing up these unwanted products to help the economy growth instead of having them as garbage. Which will result in newer crafters seems like they are being left out of the economy. Or do you have any way in which will help out every players instead of high-end players?
  • Options
    What weapons will there be in the game and will i be able to use them in different ways? For example bring my staff into melee combat or throw my daggers at other players?
  • Options
    What kind of different interactions with-in a Node and its development would"Social" player progression paths create?
  • Options
    Can we know more about the marriage system? ❤️
  • Options
    What steps are being taken to make sure content doesn't get repetitive? For instance: A node gets taken, improved to Metropolis level, gets attack and deleveled to a town again. Will all the quests and events from the town level be the same or will there be tangible evidence that the node used to be a Metropolis but was taken over/destroyed either by other players or a world boss?
  • Options
    Picture the game two years after release.
    Do you think new players will be scared off by the by then well established economy/player base?

In simpler terms: Do you think the game will always be fun for new players to join?
  • Options
    Will there be node vs node events (PVP, mini games, ETC)? I think being a representative of your node in an event is a great feeling
  • Options
    Will the cities and areas that are being built be Influenced by the different races and possibly have Race-based architecture?

Including housing, and Guild halls. Will we have an option to dictate it's racial design. I.E.- More elvish or Orcish instead of a linear Human based design.
  • Options
    Hi.

I would like to ask if you can store items in your house(s)?
    Can we have containers that can hold a number of items, or a specific weight?
    And how many of said containers can you have if that is the case?

Thanks.
    /Crivel
  • Options
    Hello,

With regards to the 3 million stretch goal (which by the way seems amazing), how are trade routes different from Caravans? Will it be a physical manifistation in the player world, or is it more of a virtual thing that affects the economy?

Regards, Doughan
  • Options
    When will we see the races models??? Also when will we get more information on the races actives and stats?
  • Options
    I believe that they said that when you contribute towards a nodes development, the xp you give gets tagged with what race you are, depending on what race contributes the most towards that node, the architecture will show as the most popular race.
  • Options
    [quote quote=24468]When will we see the races models??? Also when will we get more information on the races actives and stats?

[/quote]

This one please. I really would like to see the models.
  • Options
    Will it be possible to combine attacks between players to get some extra bonus damage, or other cool effects, if done properly?
    This would encourage more teamwork rather than everyone just doing their own thing spamming abilities!
  • Options
    [center][b] A system where you 'get used' to new equipment / Equipment with levels. [/b][/center]
    So, to strart off. What I'm on to right here is something what you could call Equipment that levels up with you. Kind of. Whenever you pick up a new sword or whatever, you might want to swing it a few times before getting used to it. I would find it very interesting to have a system where you don't just pick up a new weapon and use it to it's full potential straight off the bat. To portray an example.
    You have a sword which deals about 30 damage a hit when you start using it. After swinging the sword about 300 times, your 'mastery' could rank up and you use the sword more effectively, eveyr so slightly though, kick it up by maybe 2-3 damage. Well.. to the actual question.
    [hr][/hr]
    [b]Have there been any discussion about equipment with levels or that levels with your character? If yes, how will it be approached?
    If no, is there a chance we might get anything of the sort or is this something you'd rather stay away from?[/b]
  • Options
    Could you please explain more About the system as a corrupted player?
    If i kill players for their material drops fx and my combat effectiveness decrease, Will i be able to fight back bounty hunters and such? I would love to be part of/ have a guild that focus on getting resources from "robbing" other players and there for i would like for the combat effectiveness decrease system to be better explained :) would love if you completly removed the system since dropping gear, materials and loosing more exp is allready Enough penalty to keep most players Away from pk unless that is part of their rp in the game ^^
  • Options
    Hello!

Will there be collections, like in EQ2 or Rift? I mean shinies on the ground or something like that :)

Thx!