Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Official Livestream Q&A Question Thread – May 19, 2017

Comments

• Options
    Seeings how this is much more of a community game I'm curious if guilds are going to play a major role and have government influences with the ability to have a sort of sudo government abilities or if that will be reserved for the game engines. Let's say a major guild decides to take and control all aspects of a node there in control city development and trade?
  • Options
    <del datetime="2017-05-18T20:50:09+00:00">do you need to craft arrows for ranger classes or would you have infinite arrows.is there any special arrows you can craft with modified tips(broadhead,blunt... etc) that hurt specific enemies more than others, and will hunting be a big part of the game as a resource and will killing animals in specific ways will change the quality of the meat/pelt
    P.S i asked this question on ask _intrepid on discord dunno how it works so im putting it here</del>

is there finite arrows you can carry or infinite arrows and will there be special arrows(broadhead,blunt... etc)
  • Options
    <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/official-livestream-qa-question-thread-may-19-2017/page/7/#post-25276">mycroft wrote:</a></div>pointing out that questions were answered in the last livestream is being needlessly antagonistic</blockquote>

We gotta use those streams to answer question we havent heard yet or atleast as little repeats as possible. There are many people looking for new information every stream, making transcriptions of each stream and updating multiple information platforms. Answering peoples questions is not antagonistic, it just eliminates certain questions for Yaviey to choose from.
  • Options
    With the approach of "no grinding" for leveling, how will death penalties be handled?
  • Options
    Since we are almost to 12k backers: (I think we will be by the time of this stream)

Can you tell us more about the dye customization? I'm hoping it's more like GW2 or Rift's interface. Instead of one like ESO, with which I'm pretty unimpressed.
  • Options
    I think we all have started MMO's and fallen into the trap of having to rush right out of the gate and level level level as fast as humanly possible, even if we don't want to, just to avoid being left behind and get into guilds, etc. Will you consider putting extremely awesome rewards in for those who take the time to really play the game and follow the lore and the quests so they'll have some true advantages for having done that when they finally catch up to the maniacs?
  • Options
    If a siege on a metropolis is successful, will the metropolis automatically disappear, or will there be a period of time where the ruins remain before the node resets, possibly allowing for unique events or quest chains to follow the siege?
  • Options
    @dunbarth To my knowledge the node will not reset following a siege, but it may go down a level.
  • Options
    Is there going to be a gifting option in the cash shop?
  • Options
    Will the Cleric be a necessary role in a Dungeon/Raid/PVP and can we have more information about the cleric?
  • Options
    Will there be a Node Mail system? for instance Leader of Node is able to solely send out newsletter that arrives at each citizens mailbox at their home/apartment updating the node citizens on what to work on or upcoming events he wants to do and so on.
  • Options
    Will there be hidden areas to explore, puzzles (like jumping puzzles) and in general not so obvious "secrets" that we can find out?
  • Options
    Will the different races have different sizes/animations skeletons? Or will it be like (insert specific MMO name) where they all shared skeletons and emotes et cetera?
  • Options
    Hello, has it been said specifically whether Ashes of Creation will have instanced raids and dungeons in a controlled group format? If so, have any specifics been given on the number of players dungeons and raids will be for? In addition, will there be different difficulty levels for instanced dungeons and raids or perhaps some other design like activating a more difficult version of a boss encounter while fighting it's normal mode version?
  • Options
    Will weapon swapping be a thing since classes will be able to use multiple weapons. If so would you have your skills change when you switched. For example the predator class uses a bow in the art of war video, but daggers are also clearly visible. So could they start an engagement from ranged with a bow and switch over to melee when they got into range.
  • Options
    Since my initial question was answered (basically) I'd like to submit a different one. When will we roughly get to see the other races depicted in game model form? As a corollary, when will we get to see their homelands?
  • Options
    Q: Will the cash shop cosmetics be different from cosmetics earned through PVE or PVP drops to recognize players who have earned it and spent hours working for it?.

Thanks-
  • Options
    Its been mentioned that action and tab targeting combat system both have their faults, and that your hybrid system will be the best of both worlds. Do you have any specific examples of baggage with each system that you are eliminating?
  • Options
    Hello!
    We heard of detournement to PK people if they have non combatant status as they get debuffs, penalties, etc.
    Question:
    If I say for example are fighting some world creatures and am AOE-ing them with some skill, when that moment some PK-er or group of them starts atacking me, and I AOE hit them while killing other creatures, does that count as I am defending myself therefore I am flagged aswell and atackers do not get flagged for atacking unvilling participant-AKA non combatant, or will I need to atack them with some direct skill that I wil be flagged as willing defender and they do not get flagged as Pk-ers and get penalties? Don't get me wrong I dont mind If some atacks me just if they use that my AOE atacking mobs so they do not get penalties might not be ok for most other players!

Thanks for answer and keep the good job team!

Bmaximus
  • Options
    You’ve mentioned that crafting will use dials to increase diversity of gear and weapons in AoE, My question is will those dials be a point based “you have X amount of points to spend and you choose where to put them using the dials” OR a more in depth system where lowering a dial that affects sword thickness can increase attack speed but decrease damage due to loss in weight?
  • Options
    Hello
    The Nodes after leveling expand there area of influenz and take Leser Nodes Into it. These Nodes stop leveling . Then the Metropolis Nodes gets destroied . Would not the next highest Node take over the area of influenz? Or will all nodes in the peviouse area Reset to 0.

Not shure if you all Made up your minds about entering the wold throu the divine Portals divided by race or if you let us chose wich one to take but if it is still the First one then there is a big chance to have parts of the World with human Citys and the others with there races. Hope you under stand what i try to say. Thanks.

Lilanthe
  • Options
    Will you make something like the diplomacy that was in Vanguard: Saga of Heroes?
  • Options
    Will a guild be able to declare a war to another guild, making all members of enemy guild counting as combatants regardless of their flag being up or down?

(for corruption-less guild PvP)
  • Options
    Is it possible to see a clip of the corpse exploding via fireball animation that Steven mentioned in the discord? Would love to see something not an asset of the engine, even if it's not polished.
  • Options
    Afternoon All!

So one question has not been asked ( I haven't watched wednesdays stream yet so if it has sorry) ...

What will stop static choices on servers? What happens if one server finds the perfect combination of nodes, to prompt certain events and gain lets say some of the best items in game?

Is the world going to be dynamic enough to where a server wouldn't be able to replicate the world of another server for gain?

I have been wanting this question answered for weeks...... please pick me!

Keep up the great work!
  • Options
    Node Architecture - is the architecture of a developing node based on the Players that develop it or is it based on the location / type of the node?
  • Options
    Node's architecture vill have features of majority of players that have contributed to node xp they have said so if say most contributors were Humans will be human like
  • Options
    Hello you wonder gods of the coding universe.

I hope to have early head start access because of my pledge.
    However, I don't want to be assigned to the special headstart server as I want to end up in whichever server the role play community ends up deciding to make home.
    Will I be able to opt out of this selection?

( And I know I only get one question, so sorry for this, and doubly sorry if you've already answered, but obvious follow up stuff.....)

Will there be a server list available prior to launch? How many? Will these be opened all at once or on a one at a time until full...thing?
  • Options
    Can you ballpark when Class reveals will start up?
  • Options
    Already asked some questions earlier in this thread but not seen any info yet anywhere on:

How will Archetype choice effect what weapons can be equipped and used? Will it be any Archetype can use any weapon or more class restrictive whether via bonuses for certain classes with specific weapons or some Archetypes being prevented from equipping some weapons?