Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Official Livestream Q&A Question Thread – May 19, 2017

Comments

• Options
    2 part question :

1) Will there be main class " champions", that earn the title through pvp tournaments?

2) Do you plan on having and server vs server pvp tournaments? At the end of a year (or whenever) the player that earns the most "champion" points would compete across all servers for the top spot for his/her main class, a class "Hero" of sorts.

Thanks!!! ????
  • Options
    2 part question :

1) Will there be main class " champions", that earn the title through pvp tournaments?

2) Do you plan on having and server vs server pvp tournaments? At the end of a year (or whenever) the player that earns the most "champion" points would compete across all servers for the top spot for his/her main class, a class "Hero" of sorts.

Thanks!!!
  • Options
    2) Do you plan on having and server vs server pvp tournaments? At the end of a year (or whenever) the player that earns the most "champion" points would compete across all servers for the top spot for his/her main class, a class "Hero" of sorts. Thanks!!!
  • Options
    I’m super excited about the idea of this game. I have a question about the node system. If I am out gathering ore one day, and I end up cracking open a cave complex full of goblins that lay waste to a near by town. Will there be some type of “Tag” or something attached to my character that basically says “This is the guy that let the goblins out.”?
  • Options
    How active is the combat system? Is it auto attack, or will we have to be on our toes, blocking, dodging, light/heavy attacking?
  • Options
    Will I be permited to kill anyone who enters my property (house outside node) without gaining corruption?
  • Options
    Will there be unique crafting recipes you can only find in dungeons or as a very rare drop?
    Or is everyone able to craft everything with no need of any recipe (which i would dislike;) )
  • Options
    Hello! Got several yes/no questions for you :)
    1. Will there be pet foxes?
    2. Will craftable items (such as equipment) have customisable names?
    3. Will craftable items have set stats e.g. Simple shirt always has +1 armour or is it possible for a master tailor to make a Simple shirt with +2 armour? So crafting skill has an effect on low-level recipes.

And some more complicated questions
    1. Will quests be guided? i.e. Will we just have to follow a line on a minimap to the next objective or will we have to figure out what to do based on what clues the NPCs give us? Or something in between?
    2. Although it's been said that PvP against non-combatants will result in gaining corruption, what if the non-combatant is a citizen of an enemy node? What if they entered your node's territory?
    3. Will it be possible for players to create their own quests or tasks for other players to complete? Or will there be some similar system?
  • Options
    With the exception of when the game first goes live, low-level zones and their associated nodes will be at a disadvantage to high-level zones where there will be a larger number of stronger players.
    Will the zones/quests/creatures level with the player? Or will each zone have areas for players of differing levels.
    I am concerned there will be a select few "end-game" nodes that dominate purely on natural progression and the level cap, effectively locking out the content of all the low-level zone nodes.
  • Options
    1) Will there be main class " champions", that earn the title through pvp tournaments? Then that may lead to Server vs. Server tournaments to crown the best of the best?
  • Options
  • Options
    2 part question (forums not letting me post my whole question, to larger?)
    1) Will there be main class " champions", that earn the title through PvP tournaments?
  • Options
    Is underdark including the sea? How is it gonna play out?
  • Options

Thanks!!!
  • Options

• Options
    Hello,

I recently came across a thread on the forums discussing people buying into the 500$ backer tier and that were planning on selling the accounts after release in order to monetize on the infinte subscription bonus. What's your stance on this, is it OK or considered illegal?
  • Options
    Since I remember , healing classes were usually either too strong or to weak both in PvP and PvE.
    There were no balance camparing to other classes . How its gonna be this time...
    Is BARD class kind of a healer/ buffer ?or a dps class ?
  • Options
    How are riding skills done. Buy a skill book, questing, player sold like a profession etc?
  • Options
    Hello! Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions.

As most fantasy games only offer three options for weapon wielding to feel viable which are a dual wielding weapons in each hand, a weapon and shield/item or a two handed weapon in both hands. This triggers my question;

Q: Will I be able to use a single one handed weapon and still feel viable?
  • Options
    Will secondary-class reroll be available if i decide i want a different secondary class at a later level? i.e. change from Bard/Mage > Bard/Cleric.
  • Options
    Question about the class combo's. For example if you take tank as your first class and cleric as the second to make a 'paladin type class' will you get the same class if you primary cleric/secondary tank? So i guess the question is this -will there be 32 classes or 64?
  • Options
    What type of character progression system will AoC have? Will we receive a predetermined set of skills and stats when we level up, or will we be given some type of advancement points to spend how we see fit?
  • Options
    Round 2!!!

We have heard about seasons and know they will be impacting the game world in some way.

Will there be dynamic weather within the seasons? And would that impact the game world as well, such as movement and sight impairment?

Example of weathers within seasons:

Clear Skies
    Partly Cloudy
    Light rain
    Light snow
    Heavy rain – Sight Impairment, maybe movement impairment near “normally” low waters such as creaks (water levels rise)?
    Heavy Snow (blizzard) – Movement and sight impairment
    Light fog
    Heavy fog – Sight impairment
    Heavy Winds – movement impairment on mountains?
    Sandstorms – Movement and sight impairment (desert environment only)
    If this question is chosen… good luck on pronouncing my name… I don’t even know how to pronounce it xD (Rhenn would be fine)
  • Options
    In what ways will secondary, augment classes affect your primary class? You mentioned skills being changed - will you be able to choose what skills are changed in what ways, and is that the primary function of your secondary class?
  • Options
    How different will all the races me in ashes of creation? I imagine there will be the typical ones but will you also explore more diverse races such a Cat or doglike races? ever-quest had quite diverse options for races will you have a race selection that is similar or maybe add more in possible patches or expansions?
    thanks for your time :)
  • Options
    [quote quote=24695] Question about the class combo’s. For example if you take tank as your first class and cleric as the second to make a ‘paladin type class’ will you get the same class if you primary cleric/secondary tank? So i guess the question is this -will there be 32 classes or 64?

[/quote]
    They said 64 in an earlier video. The secondary class adds flavor to the primary...at least that was my understanding
  • Options
    Is the standalone character creator going to be a feature we can expect? If so, when?
  • Options
    Thank you for taking the time and giving us an opportunity to ask you questions ♥

<strong>Question:</strong> Will the skill system be based on skill points accumulated by leveling and questing or by purchasing for example skill books as you level up and they become available?
  • Options
    My question is about the PVE aspect of the game.
    Wil there be challenging PVE Raid content that will require large and organized groups, or is the PVE aspect of this game oriented in another way?
  • Options
    [quote quote=24720]Round 2!!!

We have heard about seasons and know they will be impacting the game world in some way.

Will there be dynamic weather within the seasons? And would that impact the game world as well, such as movement and sight impairment?

Example of weathers within seasons:

Clear Skies
    Partly Cloudy
    Light rain
    Light snow
    Heavy rain – Sight Impairment, maybe movement impairment near “normally” low waters such as creaks (water levels rise)?
    Heavy Snow (blizzard) – Movement and sight impairment
    Light fog
    Heavy fog – Sight impairment
    Heavy Winds – movement impairment on mountains?
    Sandstorms – Movement and sight impairment (desert environment only)
    If this question is chosen… good luck on pronouncing my name… I don’t even know how to pronounce it xD (Rhenn would be fine)

[/quote]
    I think it would be awesome to log in to find a coastline socked in with super thick fog. Imagine the PvP shenanigans that could be had.