Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Official Livestream Q&A Question Thread – May 19, 2017

Comments

• Options
    From a design philosophy perspective, will Ashes of Creation balance it's PvP exclusively based on the very best players in the game or will it have a balancing approach which is accommodating to the reality that 'the very best' may not accurately represent the experience of most players? Especially considering the push for world PvP through caravans and the like which will have many PvE or "Pacifist" players who do not practice PvP.
  • Options
    You said, "Naval content" .... I'm super stoked in my imagination....... Will I be able to build/buy a ship that can transport a small PvP group so that I can be a freaking PIRATE?!?!?? Sorry... I literally cracked up laughing as I typed that....but it would still be freaking awesome!!! ..... nerd moment over....
  • Options
    Will there be any type of combat demo or a short video of how the combat works before the Kickstarter ends?
    Really important aspect of the game ;)
  • Options
    Whats the developer's view on stealth and stealth classes? :D
  • Options
    My question is in regards to Kick Starter Backer rewards specifically the Leader of Men reward. We are provided a "GuildHall Appearance" but can I only apply that if I am the guild leader or can I apply that to a guild I am in and have the rest of the members also bask in its glory?
  • Options
    [quote quote=24046]Can Villages / Cities / Metropolis be captured or do they have to be destroyed and rebuilt from scratch?[/quote]

This is done through a siege. It will delevel at a successful siege causing a period of time in which it cant be sieged again.

[quote quote=24050]In regards to in game chat. What will the in game chat system be like? Will it be akin to somewhat of a /1 General /2 PVP /3 Trade etc model or more of a “/Yell in general area around you/ZOI” and “/Say in an even smaller area to anyone around you”?[/quote]

Steven answered this in the twitch stream on May 17th with DeathsProxy.

[quote quote=24070]If you guys had to compare the vision that you have for your fully developed combat system to a current mmo’s combat system, which mmo would it be, and how would your combat distinguish itself from that mmo?[/quote]

This was answered in the May 17th Twitch stream with DeathsProxy.

[quote quote=24076]Will there be multiple religions in Ashes[/quote]

There will be 6 religions in AoC.

[quote quote=24128]Hi Team,

I’d like to know what happens to a Freehold if the corresponding node is destroyed or de-leveled , do you lose the Freehold?[/quote]

If a node is successfully sieged then your freehold will have a time period in which it may be attacked.

[quote quote=24130]When can we expect to get more insight into the breeding /animal husbandry profession, like what sort of animals/mounts that can be bred any epic mounts (unicorns etc), and will it be a worthwhile profession in this game like the other crafting professions?[/quote]

Steven talked a little about this topic during May 17th Twitch stream with DeathsProxy. Check it out.

[quote quote=24284]Is there going to be limitations to how many people you can have in your raid group[/quote]

In a few past streams Steven said that 40 is a likely number for a raid. A party size would be 8.

[quote quote=24322]Would love to know how the inventory/bag system will work.[/quote]

So far we've heard about a weight system. Also bags will have specific purposes. An adventurers bag vs gatherers bag. Havent heard much more.

[quote quote=24389]Will the area music change depending on the nodes Level?[/quote]

Steven mentioned that music will be very important. Depending on your location/terrain will affect the music.

[quote quote=24406]What weapons will there be in the game and will i be able to use them in different ways?[/quote]

So far we've seen shields, swords, daggers, bows, and a scythe has been confirmed. Every class will be able to use all equipment, but some equipment will be better suited for specific classes.

[quote quote=24461]Will the cities and areas that are being built be Influenced by the different races and possibly have Race-based architecture?[/quote]

This has been confirmed from previous streams. Node architecture will be determined by the races which contribute to it.

[quote quote=24464]I would like to ask if you can store items in your house(s)?[/quote]

From the May 17th stream on twitch Steven said that when it pertains to a freehold and a successful siege has occurred to a node then your freehold may be entered and if you have a storage then your loot may be taken. He was referring to gatherables however.

[quote quote=24559]Will there be unique crafting recipes you can only find in dungeons or as a very rare drop?[/quote]

In past streams on twitch Steven stated that you could receive a rare recipe if you break the equipment gaining the recipe or pieces to craft it.

[quote quote=24569]Will the zones/quests/creatures level with the player? Or will each zone have areas for players of differing levels.[/quote]

They mentioned that as the node levels then the difficulty of quests and things around its ZOI will progress as well.

[quote quote=24689]Will secondary-class reroll be available if i decide i want a different secondary class at a later level?[/quote]

They stated that the secondary class reroll is definitely a possibility.

[quote quote=24720]Will there be dynamic weather within the seasons? And would that impact the game world as well, such as movement and sight impairment?[/quote]

Steven stated that weather will impact trade routes. Potentially blocking certain pathways forcing you to use another one.

[quote quote=24722]What incentive will we have to leave a node that we’re heavily invested (and a citizen) in? We’ve heard of trade, raids, and exclusive resources, but is there anything more to add to this list?[/quote]

Jeff from the twitch stream stated that the wold with have easter eggs, and secrets in it. He even went to the point of saying that players could potentially play for 5 years and not find the secret.

[quote quote=24821]Is the standalone character creator going to be a feature we can expect? If so, when?[/quote]

Steven did mention in a stream that they would attempt to have a character creation like BDO did. Standalone before launch.

[quote quote=24825]Wil there be challenging PVE Raid content that will require large and organized groups, or is the PVE aspect of this game oriented in another way?[/quote]

Steven mentioned raids of up to 40 players.

[quote quote=24934]My question is in regards to Kick Starter Backer rewards specifically the Leader of Men reward. We are provided a “GuildHall Appearance” but can I only apply that if I am the guild leader or can I apply that to a guild I am in and have the rest of the members also bask in its glory?[/quote]

Steven mentioned that you do not have to be a guild leader to apply the appearance changes.
  • Options
    Hello,

One question that was perhaps already asked/answered : Will the game use body block system. If yes, without exclusion (Body block with environment, mobs, players, PNJs, ...) ?

Thank you and sorry if this question was already answered (I'm new ^^)

Have a good day/night
  • Options
    Are social organizations going to be in war with eachother, permanently? If I'm a member of Thieves Guild i would like to hunt down members of Trader's Company without any corruption.
  • Options
    Hello, everybodies!!!

Intriguing question:

- How much boost content(%), such as buffs/poutions/scrolls(for example scroll to remove penalty for carma or death) will be depend by crafting/looting/harvestin by other players? Please Try to AVOID secondary windows!!! like it is in Lineage2 and don't associate to much with pocket economy(spam poutions - win pvp) FIND THE BALANCE GUYS!!! GOOD LUCK !!! YOU ARE THE BEST!!!
  • Options
    Do you have any concept on underrealm already? How will it be implemented? A big underground area with several cities, just 1 underground city or it won't be under ground at all? In a mountain perhaps?
  • Options
    <del datetime="2017-05-19T18:19:20+00:00">Is there anything that you would like the community to get MORE involved in to help you out and help promote the game?

<del datetime="2017-05-19T18:27:20+00:00">For instance, would it be useful to start threads for budding artists to work on ideas for [delete as applicable: Weapons, armor, monster, steeds, events, housing etc etc]

</del>How about promo videos etc etc.

<del datetime="2017-05-19T18:27:20+00:00">I know that we can do this already, but I am unsure about how much value the dev team places on random thread ideas from the community. </del>

Apologies if this has already been addressed.
    I have a kick starter pledge that should allow me that early head start.
    you've mentioned a head start server.
    However the folks I want to play with don't have that ks early start, basically will there be the option to opt out of the early start server and choose another instead, or will it be unrestricted and easy to change on hard launch?
    And if it's easy to move around, isn't that going to encourage everyone to move about regularly to experience different world scenarios?

(And many thanks for all your epic work! I won't be able to be on the stream due to it being somewhere near midnight, so I hope that this'll be made available to watch afterwards.)
  • Options
    [quote quote=24477]Will it be possible to combine attacks between players to get some extra bonus damage, or other cool effects, if done properly?
    This would encourage more teamwork rather than everyone just doing their own thing spamming abilities!

[/quote]

@holk I also asked this question on first page of postings, This is important to me as well, since I believe it would add additional tactics and skill. Not only using class skills but also further the importance of creating various types of augmented skills from various class combos. I do hope they answer this question for us and the rest of the community. =D
  • Options
    Death? Will an area in the game be introduced that death will cause loss of items or currency to another player or the ability to wager items/currency:))? There is no better rush that you get from an MMO like fighting for your life and knowing what death will cost you / reward you with.
  • Options
    [quote quote=25140]Death? Will an area in the game be introduced that death will cause loss of items or currency to another player or the ability to wager items/currency:))? There is no better rush that you get from an MMO like fighting for your life and knowing what death will cost you / reward you with.

[/quote]who knows)
  • Options
    [quote quote=24034]Will we be able to customise the ships in AoC? like types of cannons, the colour of the sails etc.

[/quote]

This was answered on the last QA. Yes.
  • Options
    In such a pvp driven game, with potentially large scale battles, what are your thoughts on being able to cast while moving?
  • Options
    Are there any plans to allow for combat logging for dungeons and raid encounters, I know you mentioned in Monday's stream that you didn't want to allow parsers as in game addons since they tend to make the community elitist and toxic, but I think having the ability to review how your raid team is doing after the fact through logs helps everyone greatly improve as players.
  • Options
    I would like to ask how good does game perform now. What PC are you guys using to run this game at max settings. What is the FPS while playing this game? Does it depend more on single core performance or it will be able to use Ryzen 8 core and 16 threads?

I know that's not exactly one question, but it's all related.

Or maybe a better way to ask it:

Will be this another MMORPG game that will have unstable FPS (fps drops) when in large groups, even if CPU and GPU are not even on 50% load, and it just won't be able to use all the hardware?

I really hope this game will be able to run on stable 60fps all the time (as long as user have decent PC ofc.).
  • Options
    Hi Guys!
    Great Start, BTW.
    I would like to know if armor sets will be complete units or individual pieces. Apologies if I have missed this somewhere. Keep up the great work!
  • Options
    If this thread is sticking around for the next one also, then I'll go ahead and throw in another question. 40 man raids have been mentioned in terms of world bosses, but what are the plans for instanced raid content?

<blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/official-livestream-qa-question-thread-may-19-2017/page/6/#post-24940">SliceEffect wrote:</a></div>This was answered in the May 17th Twitch stream with DeathsProxy.</blockquote>

Answered is debatable, more like dodged. And the question was asked before that stream, which is why it was came up during it.
  • Options
    Since this thread looks to be sticking around for Friday, I'll go ahead and toss in another. 40 man raids have been brought up for world bosses, but what are the plans for instanced raid content?

<blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/official-livestream-qa-question-thread-may-19-2017/page/6/#post-24940">SliceEffect wrote:</a></div>This was answered in the May 17th Twitch stream with DeathsProxy.</blockquote>

Answered? Not really, more like dodged. But considering that I asked it before that stream, which is why it came up during, what is your point?
  • Options
    Since this thread looks to be sticking around for Friday, I'll go ahead and toss in another. 40 man raids have been brought up for world bosses, but what are the plans for instanced raid content?

Answered? Not really, more like dodged. But considering that I asked it before that stream, which is why it came up during, what is your point?
  • Options

Answered? More like dodged. But considering that the question was posted before the stream on which it was addressed, what's your point?

And since it looks like this thread is sticking around for a second livestream, I'll go ahead and drop another question. Forty man raids have been mentioned for world bosses, but what are the plans for instanced raid content?
  • Options
    Something seems to be eating my replies, so I am going to try it more piecemeal, editing in parts of my post until I find which part causes the deletion. I'll edit this part out when I'm successful.

Answered? More like dodged. But considering that the question was posted before the stream on which it was addressed, what's your point?
  • Options
    Concerning corruption how is it that by engaging in non consensual PVP i could possibly get a stat drop that puts me at a disadvantage in the game as i would then be to weak to actually combat bounty hunters and that in my eyes eliminates the aspect of PVP as it no longer then becomes me vs the Bounty hunters but a free kill for any bounty hunters that want to kill me which is not real PVP and actually ruins my immersion because of the stat loss. What i really want to know is if there are any ways to get rid of corruption aside from dying and why is the penalty so harsh as stat drop and not just gear as i think gear drops at death for corrupt players would be fairer than actually losing stats.
  • Options

Answered? Closer to dodged. I can compromise on addressed though. Why are you bringing it up? I posted before the livestream, which is why it was asked during.
  • Options
    IIRC, you've once stated that equipment is not class restricted. While I like the idea, what's going to be stopping everyone from equipping full plate armor and seeking that rumored legendary "Sword of Jeff," other than aesthetics?
  • Options
    This thread has been around from before Wednesday, pointing out that questions were answered in the last livestream is being needlessly antagonistic. Yes they were answered, because they were asked in this thread.

That being said, since this looks to be sticking around for the next livestream I'll go ahead and drop another question. Forty man raids have been mentioned in the context of world bosses, but what are the plans for instanced raid content?
  • Options
    With each server potentially being extremely different, how does Intrepid Studios plan on producing overarching storylines that all servers can take part in?
  • Options
    @ArcanaXIII
    They don't want people to go Corrupt, that is why the penalty is so harsh.