Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Official Livestream Q&A Question Thread – May 22, 2017

Comments

• Options
    Will there be an explorer-type class or archetype or will that be some sort of skill one can unlock?
  • Options
    Say you have items stored on your freehold.. Your freehold gets destroyed. Can you access your items that were stored on the freehold anytime or only after you have placed the freehold?
  • Options
    What is the drop rate for crafting materials vs actual items (weapons / armor)... Example is final fantasy 14 almost 95% are crafting drops even if it is rare or legendary item that anyone can use to make that rare or legendary weapon or armor. Or will it be like World of Warcraft where you just pray to RnG God that specific item drops for your class out of all that classes that may or may not be in the raids???
  • Options
    How is development going on character customization? When can we expect a preview?
  • Options
    Will we be able to create custom spells or discover unique spells other than the ones we achieve by leveling up?
  • Options
    Will there be a furry... I mean a beast race like cats (lions tigers oh my), wolves, bears etc???
  • Options
    I second this... And add a benchmark / character creation (pre-launch) saving option
  • Options
    In other recent MMORPG's (i.e. SWTOR) there was the ability to take any armor in game and wear it as costuming rather than as your actual armor. Of course players could use costume shop costuming as well but this was a really nice feature that really opened up options for players to look how they wanted without affecting their needed armor. Are you looking at and considering this type of out costuming?
  • Options
    Since there are going to be abilities creating collision/area denial, how are you going to prevent the possible griefing that this may cause? E.g. 1-2 people blocking a doorway with collision fields.

Also, is there player collision or is that limited to just certain abilities?
  • Options
    will higher tier players be able to just straight up stomp lower tier player without any repercussion besides the regular penalty of killing someone
  • Options
    When will we be able to see game models for other races and their "homelands"?
  • Options
    Can you explain what is planned with naval content? Ocean content has been my favorite from other games and I'm rather curious just how in-depth the water content is planned to be? Will we see a Kraken of sorts to fight over, or perhaps ocean trade-routes for mass trade?
  • Options
    Hello guys!
    Now that we have locked down the 8 archetypes. I would like to know if you had other archetypes that didn't make the cut? And Why?

As a bonus question: which of the 64 class combination would you play as a main character?

To thank you for your hard work, I've translated your first Q&A in French to show my support and I'm about half done with the "Known Information" Google doc. It can be found on: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzCTnNXlmmt_b2w1b1RqYWs3ZGs
  • Options
    Are a character's stats / ability scores going to be fixed based on race, class, & level? Or will there be more depth / customization where the player can decide how to distribute their "points" such as in Vanguard, Anarchy Online, or D&D?
  • Options
    In a conflict scenario.. <strong>who will get the loot from open world boss</strong>?

a) group that tagged it first
    b) group that did most damage to it
    c) everyone

Thank you!
  • Options
    Will be in game Brightness setnigs .. like when you make on max in dark you will see in dark? and get game ugly ...
  • Options
    Will certain monsters have specific elemental weaknesses or resistances? For example will a water spell do as much damage to a fire elemental as a fire spell? Will fire spells heal fire bases enemies?
  • Options
    Will guild castles "fortresses" be the only guild owned buildings?
  • Options
    Will there be an option to turn off duels? It can get really annoying.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    Will there be a world map? If not, will there be a personal map/cartography skill where players reveal areas for themselves as they explore the world.
  • Options
    So I was wondering what kind of different weapons we will have to choose from? Like I had heard rumor that scythes would be an option? Are there other options aside from the standard sword and shield, daggers, bows/crossbows and such?
  • Options
    What levels of Crowd Control are you looking to implement in your combat mechanics? What types, and for how long do you imagine single abilities to keep an enemy out of the fight for?
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    -
  • Options
    When I say Animation I'm talking about /e sit /e dance /e etc. Most MMORPG games forget the RP in RPG and just make MMOGs.

Will there be more animations than just the default?
    Ex) /Sit1 /Sit2 /Sit3

Will these animations break the lore, immersion, or setting of the game?
  • Options
    Are we going to have a "Adventure Guild" that's allow Players to create Quest or Request to another players to take on?
    For example, the Players able to make a Quest and added a reward into the Quest to another players like collecting items, killing monsters, or just hire them for whatever the Requests is. But not like Thieves Guild to take or steal something.

Thank you.
  • Options
    a) English:
    With the success that the Kickstarter is having and knowing that the Spanish language is one of the most spoken languages in the world and that the great majority of the times always stays at the gates of being able to understand and to play as it is due to many games, especially mmorgp where The immersion is very important, will it be Ashes Of Creation another of so many games in which they will leave the Spanish speaking players in the stake? Will you add some stretch goal related to the translations into other languages, for example Spanish?

b) Español:
    Con el éxito que está teniendo el Kickstarter y sabiendo que la lengua española es uno de los idiomas más hablados en el mundo y que la gran mayoría de las veces siempre se queda a las puertas de poder comprender y jugar como es debido a muchos juegos, sobretodo mmorgp donde la inmersion es muy importante, ¿será Ashes Of Creation otro de tantos juegos en los que dejaran en la estacado a los jugadores de habla española?¿añadireis algun stretch goal relacionado con las traducciones a otros idiomas, por ejemplo el español?

Regards!!!!
  • Options
    Regarding freeholds, you mentioned that you could have a shop of sorts on them. Is it possible for someone that grabs a good spot, say between two nodes. To open an inn on their freehold and have like a super popular resting/hangout space for all to enjoy? Can we hire npcs to work these inns/shops for us?
  • Options
    How are you going to combat Dataminers? Every game has dataminers, and no matter how well you encrypt your files eventually they're going to gain access to at least some. How are you going to keep things from them forcing them to have to explore the world rather than just datamining X trigger causes Y event with a Boss with Mechanics Adds, Acid, Debuff 1, Debuff 2, Knockdown, ect.?
  • Options
    Frog people? or frog statue?
  • Options
    So far I can see many reasons why people would want to become a citizen of a node, but i was wondering if there is any incentive for people to NOT become a citizen and play like a free spirited adventurer. So my question is this: What is available for those who purposefully choose not to become a citizen of any particular node?