Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Official Livestream Q&A Question Thread – May 22, 2017

Comments

• Options
    You've said that "Upon reaching a certain participation score, the Node will develop into its first of six stages."
    Are the scores for each node and each level going to be the same? Will these required scores be made public by @Intrepid Studios at some point? Will the scores change based on certain factors such as "how many times the node has been destroyed, etc." Will there be a type of Node "XP" bar that players can see when entering into a Node's zone? So, I guess the basic question is, would you please provide more in depth info into the player/node interaction?
  • Options
    How are ranged attacks working?
    aiming like in a 3rd person shooter or just tab target
  • Options
    Nvidia ansel support?
  • Options
    Do you aim for a more mature audience, will there be mature content like decapitation or cutting of arms / legs.
  • Options
    Do you guys plan on fighting redundancy in mob development?

For Example:
    WoW: Copy and Paste hold models with new names and maybe a different color or typically use the stance model of other mobs and just add a new skin over it.
    ESO: All the daedra look pretty much the same and the animals don't looks that great.

I'm sure you can understand that sometimes it gets boring to see the same things over and over again.
  • Options
    I've heard exploring is encouraged and will be rewarded. I was wondering what this might entail...Hidden/jumping puzzles, unique items, interesting lore, special freehold locations, hidden dungeons perhaps?

V/R
    Tachyon14K
  • Options
    Will there be ingame menstrual cycles? If so which times and would they be with the fazes of the moon or would it be like 2 hours every week or 2 weeks? Would the women during this time get strength buffs and hit accuracy debuffs and decreased defense due to loss in blood? Can they craft tampons using ingame cloths (must be organic cotton). They must also be given chocolate tho for emotional support.
  • Options
    Will there be an option for the summoner to be fused with there summon similar to the Synthesist in Pathfinder?
  • Options
    Are there any plans to allow for combat logging for dungeons and raid encounters, I know you mentioned in the May 15th stream that you didn’t want to allow parsers as in game addons since they tend to make the community elitist and toxic, but I think having the ability to review how your raid team is doing after the fact through logs helps everyone greatly improve as players.
  • Options
    <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/official-livestream-qa-question-thread-may-22-2017/page/13/#post-26741">Sloot wrote:</a></div> Will there be ingame menstrual cycles? If so which times and would they be with the fazes of the moon or would it be like 2 hours every week or 2 weeks? Would the women during this time get strength buffs and hit accuracy debuffs and decreased defense due to loss in blood? Can they craft tampons using ingame cloths (must be organic cotton). They must also be given chocolate tho for emotional support.

</blockquote>

Wait what? xD I'd love my chocolate but ... You made my day :P.

Anyways....
    Are we going to have something like wardrobe? Obtaining and wearing an item would unlock this item skin account wide and you could use it through your wardrobe? That would mean -> no inventory clogging and annoying mailing skins to alts.
  • Options
    Just wondering if you could tease any more of the class combo names (tank/cleric being a paladin, rouge/ranger being a predator). Keep up the amazing work!
  • Options
    Will tavern game variety be based on player housing skill choices?
  • Options
    Is equipment going to be locked based on your level or will it be available to use once you have it?
  • Options
    Is the cleric class a needed class in every pvp or pve Content ? Can you raid without a cleric to heal you ?
  • Options
    How does looting system work in AOC? What if a bunch of people kill a large dragon or giant world boss, who will get the loots and who won't?
  • Options
    Ok, at the risk of totally being egged or ousted, would you be willing to tell us "at what point will you become totally fed up with some of these ridiculous (aka just wait for the game to launch) questions and go back to filling your time with more intelligent things? " Seriously though, we are so appreciative of how available you guys and girls are in keeping yourselves transparent and available to us, your customers. Already, you've proven yourselves to being unlike any other game that's been developed. Money well worth backing! Thank you Steven and all the gang for having the courage and wherewithal to do what you have done. (Three cheers and a pat on the back to you!)

P?S. I'm the American Vet who was injured during Operation Desert Shield/Storm, has had 11 heart attacks and multiple other medical issues, was given less tha six months to live, and play MMORPG's because I physically cannot do much anything else anymore. I'm hoping to make it until launch day, so try not to take as many coffee breaks, I'd really like to play it. "smiles and winks". ???? ~ Robert aka Councellor
  • Options
    <strong>Since most of your mechanics still revolve around combat, why start a kickstarter without a full video release on how the combat will work? </strong>

I think relying on hype and faith that the game would do well, is not as reliable as showcasing the most important detail.
  • Options
    What spells or abilities will we be exspecting for healing. Will clerics be the only healer?
  • Options
    will there be an in game Chat filter to where we can add this like ".Com" and "WeSellGold.Com" ECT so when this game comes out that there is not gold selling spam all day in chat and we cant even read anything meaningfull?
  • Options
    When choosing our character's Race, Archetype, and planning for a Sub-Archetype, will know all of the skills and options that will be available to us, or is that information we will only have access to in stages as our characters level up?
  • Options
    You mentioned notice boards in towns/cities, how much freedom will players have with these? Will I be able to put up one as a hired mercenary or on the flip side advertise my fruit shop, etc?
  • Options
    Will there be protection against bots and cheats?
  • Options
    Ok, so I've heard that ALL gear will be unbound. This scares me in a sense when it comes to possibly getting hacked. What kind of recovery systems would be in place, say you contact support, to get your stuff back/track down the hacker? Nothing else would scare me more than logging in everyday with the fear that potentially it can all be gone.
  • Options
    What is the red glowing thing running at the player in the last gameplay footage at 41:00 and 41:20?
    https://youtu.be/LUJugtqTBxw?t=2461
  • Options
    How important will gear be / how hard will it be to obtain? + Will you make a catch up mechanik for new players later?
  • Options
    Are politicians able to set which players, races, maybe even classes that are allowed to enter a town? (If you for some odd reason want only Warriors in your town).
  • Options
    Q: With such a small team how do you plan to achieve all the goals aimed for with AoC? Will you hire more staff or are some features going to be introduced after the game launches?

Q: What interventions will you have in place to help protect players from hackers and spam etc?

Q: What plans do you have for Customer Support?

Q: After kickstarater will you share with us the progress the company makes even if its informing us of challenges your having?

If you answer any of questions on stream my name is pronounced like Jura - the whiskey ^^
  • Options
    @Steven NOTICE ME SENPAI'S
    @Intrepid Studios will the game have a way to see which path in the crafting trinity the people in a specific server go to? I dont want to start in production only to find out theres no one to gather or process the resources i need/too many weapon makers fighting for a small amount of processed goods or the other way around
  • Options
    A couple of the things I liked about Everquest was that if the Mobs had a sword, the drop was a sword.

Not many MMOs do that anymore. Likewise, we could give lower level players armor and weapons (expect the no drop raid stuff).

Will we able to give lower level players better gear or will it all be level capped like we see in many other games?
  • Options
    Can a Summoner with sub class Bard, summon instruments or a singing Jeffrey?