Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Whats the class you always try out first In an MMO?

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    I am considering a spell caster for this game, rather than my usual brute with a big metal thingy. Never really played one before.
  • Options
    Ah it has been a while since i started an MMO... But i usually go for close-quarters melee DD class. And then see the ping dependence of the DD class and switch back to a tank... 

For Ashes I want to try Rogue main and see how it goes. 
  • Options
    As said i always start Rouge Classes, but ill probs end up as a mage, Casting those fireballs. 
  • Options
    Rogue - they're just fun to play. Do not underestimate the ability to sneak. Healer is my second choice, because they can be very hard to kill and are always in demand for groups/raids.
  • Options
    Raymond said:
    Assassin.. but after I get 1 shot by monsters I take mage or any other magic class 
    Rogue/Mage or Mage/Rogue might be the thing for you then

Damn, why did I open my mouth and invite another fiendish abomination into the world? :no_mouth: 
  • Options
    Anything assassin related, I always like to try out a stealthy class.
  • Options
    It's sounding like a good spread of classes to me. Might be lacking in some of the more obscure mixes but hey that just means it'll be an experience to come across em.

@Krojak No comment.
  • Options
    I usually roll a healer first, almost always ends up being my main in any mmo.
  • Options
    Bannith said:
    It's sounding like a good spread of classes to me. Might be lacking in some of the more obscure mixes but hey that just means it'll be an experience to come across em.

@Krojak No comment.
    Please. Comment away! I'm curious :D
  • Options
    @Krojak You already covered the basis of how weird it could sound out of context my friend. XD

I'm just your humble observing paladin don't mind me.
  • Options
    I always go fighter/brawler/tank. I have always been involved in martial arts and I just think it's the most honest way to express myself in a fantasy setting. 
  • Options
    I usually start off as a mage but always find myself tanking later on. :'(
  • Options
    Nephalem said:

You poor thing! Tanking is rough, and kinda a guilty pleasure of mine
  • Options
    Gildhart said:
    Nephalem said:

You poor thing! Tanking is rough, and kinda a guilty pleasure of mine
    Tanking can be rough, but are always the most needed thing in a team, If guild needs a tank i normally step up, but it depends how they play in this game. And if they are strong in PvP.
  • Options
    I guess I'm one of the few people if not the only one who doesn't have a favourite class to start with.
    I enjoy playing healer/support, but most of my first classes in MMOs are mages or swrodsmen.
    I'm also planning to try out some "obscure mixes" in Ashes.
  • Options
    I'd choose tanky melee support class, but one of my friends always plays support no matter what so I'm kinda forced to go full DPS like fighter because mage or tank classes are not my style.
  • Options
    Dwarven tank, but not a Paladin (I'm not that righteous).
  • Options
    Im looking forward for good healer/support class . Maybe bard . Gonna wait a bit for more for more info about those classes.
  • Options
    I typically have multiple characters covering different roles/playstyles in an MMO
    My 1st character (not necessarily main) has high mobilty/dps.

I usually end up as a support class.

But this might be the time to sword n board.
  • Options
    Mage, and I always see how much damage I can do by lighting stuff on fire  >:)

If mage fire/lightning damage is meh (see the fire mage in WoW for most of its existence), the mage mechanics are uninspiring/boring (see elementalist in GW2), or the spell animations are not interesting enough to hold my interest when compared to awesome melee weapon/armor models, then I usually will reroll as a rogue and/or ranger.
  • Options
    I always go for caster, warlock-like character rather than a generic mage, which is why I am looking forward to trying the summoner first.

I am especially interested in the cooperation of more summoners during sieges in order to summon some crazy big minion >:)
  • Options
    Archer, always. 
  • Options
    I almost always start with a Rogue or a Ranger character and with AoC I will just have to figure out which will be the main and auxiliary.  And if the ability to play a Dwarf is there, it is always the first choice.
  • Options
    mage or a healer
  • Options
    I only ever play meele fighter/warrior types so I tend not to try others. 
  • Options
    Always a fighter, sometimes a lover.
  • Options
    Krojak said:
    I always try the melee class. There is something about being right up on someone that thrills me. Watching them repeatedly try to flee as I slow them and stick close, closing the gap quickly every time they get too far...

(Out of context, this makes me sound like some super creep. Ew.)

That's exactly what I like to do. Chasing them down and smashing them. 

Sometimes I do that in game as well. 
  • Options
    I've always gravitated towards the big-scary-brawler-that-never-dies-and-eats-you-alive aka plate dps. 
  • Options
    I usually tend to play the Ranger/rogue type of classes because I really like the playstyle of these two.
    Also because I tend to play sPvP and these two classes fit in this gametype
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    mage/wizard/support caster :)
    and all other cast chars there be :)