Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Whats the class you always try out first In an MMO?

You know when you start out an MMO you always kinda know class your going to be even before you know the in's and outs of the class before release. Such as my self i always jump on the Rouge/Ranger style classes in games, even if i don't end up being my main later on. 

So my question to you is.

What is the first class you always try out first, and tell me why? 

Comments

• Options

Ideally I always play support/healer in a combined role. If the game doesn't allow that combo I'll play healer. In this game, I intend to go bard. :)

• Options
    I want to see if bard/summoner = instant orchestra

• Options
    An abused Healer!  Support comes with the territory.

With enough DPS to survive. 
  • Options
    I always like the summoner type classes as its fits my style of play the most plus how does not love having a mini army following you around 
  • Options
    I'm support/healer aswell ^^ You see us bards are really sociable xD
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Diura said:
    Being positive and social makes taking all the abuse easier when you fail to keep people alive, especially suicidal players like @Karthos who tries to get killed like Hugh Hefner tries to get a wife.
  • Options
    Saskl 

I'm between a Mage and a Fighter... more accurately a dwarf mage and an elf fighter. 
  • Options
    Tank/cleric. The brickwall that heals faces that try to facecheck before I facecheck the things that need facechecked.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Rogues, cause i am a lone wolf, i also like to sneak up and make a masive blow and vanish in the shadows agian.

Also rogues are mostly a "support class" cause they set the things up for a fight mostly.
  • Options
    I'm always ranged, preferring archer type classes to all else.
  • Options
    I usually play a Rouge or a mage first
  • Options
    A rogue called Ninja Shadow... sounds plausible :wink:
  • Options
    Tank /cleric so paladin I think i will most useful to support other players in dungeons and so on
  • Options
    Rogue or Assassins/Stealth Classes, else rangers/archers.
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    Diura said:
    Being positive and social makes taking all the abuse easier when you fail to keep people alive, especially suicidal players like @Karthos who tries to get killed like Hugh Hefner tries to get a wife.
    I thought out therapy sessions were confidential???!!!
  • Options
    I'm a bard, more to the point, I'm a drunk bard - nothing is confidential!
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    A rogue called Ninja Shadow... sounds plausible :wink:
    Cept I don't use ninja in any of my character names lol
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    Pleased to meet you Drunk Bard, Drunk Mage here. Ah, what was I saying?

• Options
    lexmax said:
    Kratz said:
    Pleased to meet you Drunk Bard, Drunk Mage here. Ah, what was I saying?

What's this? A polite mage? They're usually such uptight arrogant flame fidgets! You are a welcomed site sir. Have a seat and balance your staff against @Diura. She's under the table.
  • Options
    * some drunken lady bearded dwarf snoring rises from under the table*
  • Options
    Sounds like something out a Gortex and Felix Novel! 
  • Options
    Saskl said:
    fanboy scream in the distance 
  • Options
    I always pick a mage as my first class. For this game, I may try a mage/fighter and see how that goes.
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Saskl said:
    Yeah man read all the novels, fantastic set of books. 
  • Options
    Any kinda of crowd control or team support classes that aren't healers are my go to, followed by tanks :)

A bonus if the class is unpopular because it's considered weak. I'm slightly masochistic and enjoy proving other people wrong :)
  • Options
    Saskl said:
    nagash said:
    Saskl said:
    Yeah man read all the novels, fantastic set of books. 
    Indeed they are I'm just happy someone knows of the old world
  • Options
    Any kinda of crowd control or team support classes that aren't healers are my go to, followed by tanks :)

A bonus if the class is unpopular because it's considered weak. I'm slightly masochistic and enjoy proving other people wrong :)
    Hence why I'll be a Dwarf bard regardless of how the racials work. Well said.
  • Options
    Kratz said:

Hence why I'll be a Dwarf bard regardless of how the racials work. Well said.
    Haha, I'm quite superficial when it comes to race as well. It has to suit my idea of the character, even if it comes at a slight disadvantage, I'll make it work. 
  • Options
    People need CC but they hate playing it that's why healers and supports and worth their weight in epic items
  • Options
    I always try the melee class. There is something about being right up on someone that thrills me. Watching them repeatedly try to flee as I slow them and stick close, closing the gap quickly every time they get too far...

(Out of context, this makes me sound like some super creep. Ew.)