Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What sex will your character(s) be?

So curiosity got the best of me after a discussion with some of my fellow community members. 
It came down to basically these three types.
  1. Roleplayers that make a character for story or character purpose.
  2. Men(Note men, none of the females in the conversation fell into this category.) that made female characters to oogle because of sexual desire, yeah! 
  3. To place yourself into the game, or a character of how you wish to see yourself. 
I'm curious about you guys, how do you fall into the spectrum? 
Personally I'm #3, if you don't fall into a category I would love to hear why and how you view it.

Comments

• Options
    My character will assume no gender.

#iwentthere
  • Options
    Yes please!
  • Options
    I came in here because it said "sex"

What's going on? 
  • Options
    Can't believe @krojak got it before me :( 1 damn minute...
  • Options
    @Welphgryn I hope they follow normal elf culture, male elves can look REALLY gender-binary. 
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    I came in here because it said "sex"

That was the low key reason why I showed up too... actually, high key reason as well.
  • Options
    Usually 1. 
    I used to play male character before my met my partner but since I play games with him now I play female characters. Doesn't bother me aslong as I have fun in the game xD
  • Options
    @Welphgryn I hope they follow normal elf culture, male elves can look REALLY gender-binary. 
    @FairyPinkett Honestly, elves are hot. I had a man crush on Legolas from Lord of the Rings movie.. my girlfriend thought I was crazy, and my wife almost left me.
  • Options
    I think I fall into the 3rd category. I am female in real life, and I like my character to represent myself as much as possible in game as well. Besides, female characters usually have much better looking armours in most games, so there's that too xD
  • Options
    Welphgryn said:
    @FairyPinkett Honestly, elves are hot. I had a man crush on Legolas from Lord of the Rings movie.. my girlfriend thought I was crazy, and my wife almost left me.
    Omg almost choked on my tea XD so funny xD 
  • Options
    Welphgryn said:
    I'm glad your boyfriend didn't have a problem with it.
  • Options
    I used to play #2 But after I got older i started play #3. There are way to many people who flirt with girl characters.
  • Options
    So curiosity got the best of me after a discussion with some of my fellow community members. 
    2. Men(Note men, none of the females in the conversation fell into this category.) that made female characters to oogle because of sexual desire, yeah! 
    3. To place yourself into the game, or a character of how you wish to see yourself. 
    I'm curious about you guys, how do you fall into the spectrum
    Personally I'm #3, if you don't fall into a category I would love to hear why and how you view it.
    This may be a bit to personal.
  • Options
    I can't play a male avatar. I have tried. It just isn't me. 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    I guess I'm one of the #1 category, it depends on the character really. If I feel like a female character will better suit a particular image that I have for that character, no problem. Otherwise, I'll go male.
  • Options
    I go into the 1 category, I suppose. I don't really care for irl genders when it comes to rp. Makes things much simpler when you don't. IC and OOC is seperate. Completely. When the time comes, I will make my char the gender that suits the character consept I decide upon. :)
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    I'm curious about you guys, how do you fall into the spectrum? 
    In the past, my main would always be a male character and my alts would usually be female. So, it was #3 for main and #2 for alts.

Then, a while back, I played a few MMOs with some people I had met at a university gaming club. One of the guys wasn't into RP but yet he would only ever make female characters and pretend to be a girl IRL through chat (it wasn't quite catfishing but it was awkward and off-putting). It was a pain in the ass because he would never join us in Discord (or w/e team chat software at the time) with people outside of our core group, as it would give away that he was a dude.

Anyway, ever since then I wanted to make sure I wasn't anything like that guy, so I just stuck to playing male characters in MMOs unless classes are gender-locked in a given game or it's an isometric ARPG type. 

I'm still tempted to make the mage a female though. The stereotypical image is strong in my mind  :#
  • Options
    All my toons are female.  I'm female and I like it.  If I tried playing a guy I'm sure I'd make a mess of it, even though I do like their facial hair choices in many games.
  • Options
    I wonder that myself
  • Options
    I'm a roleplayer.
    I will have at least one of each available gender - even non-binary if that is an option.
  • Options
    @Diura
    Partner? :o 
    @Krojak
    I don't understand xD what you mean by that "yes please" 
    @Lilem
    Same, for my main will always be a female but if I try to make alts its gotta fit the image of the character i'm creating. 
    @nagash
    You wonder what category you fall into? XD 
  • Options
    Can bones have a gender ?
  • Options
    @Solarion
    Honestly I've met so many men that get off to leading guys on, that its a bit weird. 
    Their "straight." but they get pleasure from it. 
  • Options
    My male characters will be male, and my female characters will be female. 

I've yet to play a mmorpg that lets you cross dress, so I guess that keeps it pretty simple for me. 

• Options
    @nagash
    Yes, bones are the emphasis of biological gender. 
    Its based on your pelvic bones alongside a few others. ._. So it would depend on what your pelvic bone, alongside natural bone "size" is to determine the skeleton's sex. (gender is of the mind, at which point you're undead so.. why give a fuck about your sex.) 
  • Options
    @Rumbleforge *Clears throath* WoW. That lets you crossdress as much as you want.
  • Options
    @Diura
    Partner? :o 
    @Krojak
    I don't understand xD what you mean by that "yes please" 
    @Lilem
    Same, for my main will always be a female but if I try to make alts its gotta fit the image of the character i'm creating. 
    @nagash
    You wonder what category you fall into? XD 
    When I met my other half he wasn't so keen on my playing male characters xD so I started playing female characters. TBH I felt safer playing male characters you don't get the same attention as you do being a female character. I've had some very not so friendly things sent to me when I started playing mmos and was playing female characters :( 
  • Options
    @Rumbleforge *Clears throath* WoW. That lets you crossdress as much as you want.
    Oh really?  Interesting.  
    I must confess, I only ever played WoW for about 2 hours... so I guess I didn't discover that, haha. 
  • Options
    @nagash
    Yes, bones are the emphasis of biological gender. 
    Its based on your pelvic bones alongside a few others. ._. So it would depend on what your pelvic bone, alongside natural bone "size" is to determine the skeleton's sex. (gender is of the mind, at which point you're undead so.. why give a fuck about your sex.) 
    You must be great at parties
  • Options
    @nagash
    Put on some music and lets see if you can keep up papi, I normally am the hostess. 
    I just know stuff on random shit. 
    But anyhow, its really based on w/e is possessing the skeleton as well.