Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What sex will your character(s) be?

Comments

• Options
    Welphgryn said:
    @FairyPinkett Honestly, elves are hot. I had a man crush on Legolas from Lord of the Rings movie.. my girlfriend thought I was crazy, and my wife almost left me.
    Wait wait, did you have a wife and a girlfriend at the same time. I think you have more issues then just Legolas.
    Welcome to the 21st Century, when these things aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. I saw a man wearing a shirt that said "I love my wife and my girlfriend" walking with two women...one was wearing "I love my husband and his girlfriend" and the other was wearing "I love my boyfriend and his wife". 
  • Options
    Gender will be Apache Helicopter

• Options
    A very muscular man
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    @nagash
    Yes, bones are the emphasis of biological gender. 
    Its based on your pelvic bones alongside a few others. ._. So it would depend on what your pelvic bone, alongside natural bone "size" is to determine the skeleton's sex. (gender is of the mind, at which point you're undead so.. why give a fuck about your sex.) 
    I see sex and gender as the same thing and they're determined by your sex chromosomes and your sex chromosomes determine your hormones and your hormones affect the development of your body (even your brain). I understand that relatively recently a certain segment of society has tried to turn gender into something else, but I just ignore them.

If I asked you what species you were, you wouldn't say, "Well, I'm human, but my spender is chicken." Meaning, you're physically human, but you identify as a chicken (or feel that you're really a chicken). But if you did say that, I'd have good grounds to conclude that you're insane.

I'm a man and play male characters, by the way. :smile:
  • Options
    I don't really use any of those. I usually take racials into consideration then I usually go female for cloth wearers and male for plate wearers. So... because of benefits and how their armor looks on them xD
  • Options
    A glorious Paladin who may or may not dye his armor purple. I self-identify as a paladin.
  • Options
    Sexy Orc Lady! Prepare your bodies!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Sexy Orc Lady! Prepare your bodies!
    Something like this. ..

• Options
    LOL she has at least 3 boobs.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    female.some male. depends on how the males look. i prefer a skinnier but toned look in my males (bruce leefor exc) but games either make them look femmy or like an ogre. neither are my pref. but female characters have always gotten more work and attention done to them over male characters imo. though its harder to find armor that looks legit.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Diura said:
    @Diura
    Partner? :o 
    @Krojak
    I don't understand xD what you mean by that "yes please" 
    @Lilem
    Same, for my main will always be a female but if I try to make alts its gotta fit the image of the character i'm creating. 
    @nagash
    You wonder what category you fall into? XD 
    When I met my other half he wasn't so keen on my playing male characters xD so I started playing female characters. TBH I felt safer playing male characters you don't get the same attention as you do being a female character. I've had some very not so friendly things sent to me when I started playing mmos and was playing female characters :( 
    It's funny, cause I've played female characters here and there over the years, but I haven't ever had any experience like that.  Honestly, I think it's two elements that betray if the user is a guy or girl, and i think people have subconsciously picked up on them over the years.  The first part is how and what you say in chat.  This can make a huge difference in someone thinking you are boy or a girl.  Don't speak in a typical feminine context/verbiage, and don't ever be flirty.  The other is in the dress appearance of the characters themselves.  You can usually suss out girl/boy players by the way they dress their characters, as there is usually a big difference.  While not a 100%, a lot of guys still tend to go the sluttier route appearance wise, where as women usually go dresses/armor and/or pets.

edit for spelling.
  • Options
    Warkov said:
    Diura said:
    @Diura
    @Krojak
    @Lilem
    Same, for my main will always be a female but if I try to make alts its gotta fit the image of the character i'm creating. 
    @nagash
    When I met my other half he wasn't so keen on my playing male characters xD so I started playing female characters. TBH I felt safer playing male characters you don't get the same attention as you do being a female character. I've had some very not so friendly things sent to me when I started playing mmos and was playing female characters :( 
    It's funny, cause I've played female characters here in there over the years, but I haven't ever had any experience like that.  Honestly, I think it's two elements that betray if the user is a guy or girl, and i think people have subconsciously picked up on them over the years.  The first part is how and what you say in chat.  This can make a huge difference in someone thinking you are boy or a girl.  Don't speak in a typical feminine context/verbiage, and don't ever be flirty.  The other is in the dress appearance of the characters themselves.  You can usually suss out girl/boy players buy the way they dress their characters, as there is usually a big difference.  While not a 100%, a lot of guys still tend to go the sluttier route appearance wise, where as women usually go dresses/armor and/or pets.
    I think times have changed now, my negative experience go back say ~ 10 years ago ^^ I've never been flirty and my mannerism is not much different than it is today. Perhaps I was just really unlucky with whom I had met. Perhaps my problem is that I'm very polite and don't swear - but those are my characteristics in rl so that ain't gonna change. If I speak "feminine" it's  not really something I can control sadly. I am who I am.
    but anyway
    In Ashes I'll be female dwarf - my partner maybe male human or Orc - I hope he goes Orc ^^

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Diura said:
    Warkov said:
    Diura said:
    @Diura
    @Krojak
    @Lilem
    @nagash
    It's funny, cause I've played female characters here in there over the years, but I haven't ever had any experience like that.  Honestly, I think it's two elements that betray if the user is a guy or girl, and i think people have subconsciously picked up on them over the years.  The first part is how and what you say in chat.  This can make a huge difference in someone thinking you are boy or a girl.  Don't speak in a typical feminine context/verbiage, and don't ever be flirty.  The other is in the dress appearance of the characters themselves.  You can usually suss out girl/boy players buy the way they dress their characters, as there is usually a big difference.  While not a 100%, a lot of guys still tend to go the sluttier route appearance wise, where as women usually go dresses/armor and/or pets.
    I think times have changed now, my negative experience go back say ~ 10 years ago ^^ I've never been flirty and my mannerism is not much different than it is today. Perhaps I was just really unlucky with whom I had met. Perhaps my problem is that I'm very polite and don't swear - but those are my characteristics in rl so that ain't gonna change. If I speak "feminine" it's  not really something I can control sadly. I am who I am.
    but anyway
    In Ashes I'll be female dwarf - my partner maybe male human or Orc - I hope he goes Orc ^^

I'm not necessarily advocating changing who you are, as you should always be yourself.  I was just making an observation for those that might find themselves in those situations.  I know a lot times creeps can quickly be diffused by just stating that you are a dude right out of the gate.  Voice is a little harder though.
  • Options
    Did somebody say sex?
  • Options
    @FairyPinkett 1 and 3 don't apply to me and I resent the implication of #2.. (RETREAT MEN, they're onto us!!!) Ahem.. but in all seriousness I tend to play female characters because in a lot of games the animations just looked better.

If animations weren't the case, just because I think a woman in heavy plate armour smacking mobs around the place is both terrifying and awesome. :D
  • Options
    Sex of my character will depend on race that I will chose to play (and I have not decided that yet) so I honestly don't know what I will choose yet.

For example when I play elves I usually choose female option, while when playing Orcs I usually choose male. I'm going with what's aesthetically more fitting for a certain race (in my own opinion ofc).
  • Options
    mcg55ss said:
    Mine will be (if available) a Female Tank named after my daughter because since my wife left us she keeps me strong and keeps me going and i do everything i can for her.
    Not gonna lie I dropped a huge "Awh" at this! 
    What's your daughter's name? :o And what type of tank would she be? 

2nd subclass will be hard for me to choose,  Rebekkah is my daughters name. 

• Options
    As a male gamer, I always play female avatars. Not because I want to be a female but for me personally females always get the best armor and cash shop items lol
  • Options
    While I have created alts that were female, I never actually play them (usually use them as mules)

So I'm firmly in the #3 category. I'm male and, imho, I the avatar is supposed to represent me on some level in game. I like playing non-humans if possible so sex is about the only base identifier I have :)
  • Options
    I'm a role player, and most of my PCs end up male, so likely male.
  • Options
    I've played a fairly even mix of genders.  On a couple occasions I've let fate decide by hitting the random button once and just going with whatever I got.  It's more interesting for me from a RP perspective to form a narrative for a character that I did not necessarily create.  Though to be fair I did this for games that did not have many options for character customization.  (Hopefully, we get to see the character creator sooner than later.)

• Options
    I'm probably gonna play whichever suits me, but I usually play female characters. Sometimes the guys just have better looking designs, what can I say?  :p
  • Options
    Kumary said:
    I'm a female IRL and always play females. I've tried playing male characters, but it's not the same feeling and I find that funny. Now the weird thing is, I have no problem playing male characters on moba games, but for MMO's I always go with a female and I make her short (not **** short) but a normal petite size 'cause I'm a shorty in real life :D
    I played a boy tauren when I started WoW so people wouldn't pick on me so much for not knowing the game. Turns out people still pick on you even if you hope being a big male tauren will stop them. SO I've stuck with being a woman ever since! Might as well try to be myself xD
  • Options
    I'll probably do two characters, my main will most likely be female.
  • Options
    OnyxTN said:
    @FairyPinkett 1 and 3 don't apply to me and I resent the implication of #2.. (RETREAT MEN, they're onto us!!!) Ahem.. but in all seriousness I tend to play female characters because in a lot of games the animations just looked better.

If animations weren't the case, just because I think a woman in heavy plate armour smacking mobs around the place is both terrifying and awesome. :D
    Yes, we are terrifying when we smack you around. 
    Plate armor is my favorite form of combat armor, I hate robes and bikini chainmail. 
    DECK ME OUT BRUH AND I'MA DESTROYYY THEM.
    I hope they give us polearms/spears/glaives/ in AOC. 
  • Options
    I just like my characters to look good it saddens me that most games don't really give much options for making male characters look good
  • Options
    I just like my characters to look good it saddens me that most games don't really give much options for making male characters look good
    It is because females naturally look better.
  • Options
    I usually try to crate a character that represents me so I go with a males.
  • Options
    My character sexually identifies as a shovel.
  • Options
    Blood thirsty murderer by day, sickeningly fabulous androgynous murderer by night.