Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What sex will your character(s) be?

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    I will be of the male secks.
  • Options
    OnyxTN said:
    @FairyPinkett 1 and 3 don't apply to me and I resent the implication of #2.. (RETREAT MEN, they're onto us!!!) Ahem.. but in all seriousness I tend to play female characters because in a lot of games the animations just looked better.

If animations weren't the case, just because I think a woman in heavy plate armour smacking mobs around the place is both terrifying and awesome. :D
    Yes, we are terrifying when we smack you around. 
    Plate armor is my favorite form of combat armor, I hate robes and bikini chainmail. 
    DECK ME OUT BRUH AND I'MA DESTROYYY THEM.
    I hope they give us polearms/spears/glaives/ in AOC. 
    Oooo yaaaas, glaives would be great with either some form of agility type warrior or a more in your face rogue.

I do hope we have a broad choice of weapons for each class.
    P.s. a halberd would be nice too, but alas.. I'm going off-topic this is probably a discussion for another thread. :smiley:
  • Options
    A personal rule that dates back to playing old FPS games is to pick a character that I perceive as having some advantage. This usually means female.
  • Options
    3..... I'm a dude I play dudes simple as that.  Do I flirt with chicks in games? Yes I do occasionally because I rp.  I had a Dwarven thief in eq1 and I'd flirt with chicks rping that I was about to steal from them. Idiots always telling me they were a dude was as annoying as could be.  I assume every female avatar is some hairy smelly dude anyway.  If you're going to play a chick keep up the pretenses.  Of course I don't play suave thieves anymore.  I play big ugly characters with limited speaking abilities and anger management issues.
  • Options
    Maybe I want to play a chick that identifies as a dude.
  • Options
    Johndoe said:
    Maybe I want to play a dude that identifies as a goat.  Wonder what people would say if my orc went around bleeting all the time and I had a friend follow me around as my personal interpreter to translate my goat speech. I request a munch on tin can emote for my goat identifying orc!!!

I would say JohnDoe needs some stylish shoes but since he's a female identifying as a male he probably needs some combat boots instead and a buzz cut some extra tattoos and piercings in weird places....
  • Options
    I have been playing female characters even since in the arcades, I found that of all the characters, I could play Chun Li and B. Orchid better than any of the others. When MMOS got big, I started noticing that the female character models were better designed, had better emote animations, customization and clothing.

As a southern male, I don't tend to dress up, but I do like to get nice stuff for my female characters. I have won costume contests and its a matter of pride in how good I can make my characters look.

I have to have a good RP reason to make a male character these days like my male Sith in SWToR so I could romance Vette.
  • Options
    I usually just play a male character since I am and have fun creating a backstory if I'm with people who RP otherwise it doesn't really matter to me as long as the armor looks sweet.
  • Options
    Johndoe said:
    Maybe I want to play a dude that identifies as a goat.  Wonder what people would say if my orc went around bleeting all the time and I had a friend follow me around as my personal interpreter to translate my goat speech. I request a munch on tin can emote for my goat identifying orc!!!

I would say JohnDoe needs some stylish shoes but since he's a female identifying as a male he probably needs some combat boots instead and a buzz cut some extra tattoos and piercings in weird places....
    I support this, but goats aren't confirmed.

• Options
    All about the immersion, so for me its about seeing myself in my character. As long as theres no gender lock on a class i like, i normally just go male. 
  • Options
    sexy and I know it