Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What most concerns you about Ashes current development?

Comments

• Options
    Carebears in the community being the vocal minority and potentially persuading development in their favor.
  • Options
    Carebears will bring death
  • Options
    DEATH TO THE CAREBEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    The care bear mount has been a hot topic however the development team has certainly heard us discuss this in the community... Atleast I hope 
  • Options
    The care bear mount has been a hot topic however the development team has certainly heard us discuss this in the community... Atleast I hope 
    I bought it, I'm part of the problem
  • Options
    At this point we've about talked the game to death.  Once we get to an alpha or beta phase WITHOUT any NDA restrictions and thousands of players are running around in Ashes then we'll be able to dissect and discuss things.

The 'What class will you play and why' type thread answers are almost pure conjecture for now.

I do worry a little about early access because once the court of public opinion makes up it's mind it can really create snowballing negativity.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited March 2018
    Gothix said:
    Sirston said:
    Map Size. currently the map size concerns me... I would want a large map for exploring and holding a large number of people in at once.

Also player housing...Please No slums around citys
    I am gonna live in a cardboard box right next to where you live just to irritate you :smile:

There is no limitation on freehold placement, so just place your freehold right next to his, make it a tavern, decorate it with slum, and invite all kind of slum to it  :p they can pee over the fence to neighboring yard when drunk, throw empty bottles over and stuff.
    time to rp as a old retired wizard yelling at kids......"Eh go cast your low level magic somewhere else!" but realistically if you played SWG you would remember how bad capitol's where.  
  • Options
    Xombie said:
    I bought it, I'm part of the problem
    Well I mean to be honest I personally think the mounts a funny joke but at the same time I am thinking it wont look as carebear fake in game? maybe I am wrong time will tell
  • Options
    Sirston said:
    Gothix said:
    There is no limitation on freehold placement, so just place your freehold right next to his, make it a tavern, decorate it with slum, and invite all kind of slum to it  :p they can pee over the fence to neighboring yard when drunk, throw empty bottles over and stuff.
    time to rp as a old retired wizard yelling at kids......"Eh go cast your low level magic somewhere else!" but realistically if you played SWG you would remember how bad capitol's where.  
    If anyone played FFXIV , then you remember the housing system . It came a time when all the houses were sold out because they had a server limit, prices skyrocketed . Then people started to move into the less populated servers and bought houses there. Like in real life, the prices were huge and only those who had tons of money could afford a small house ..if they found any. Let's hope that it's not the case here. 
    As for my concerns : combat, world and story line , lagg . 

• Options
    Sirston said:
    Gothix said:
    If anyone played FFXIV , then you remember the housing system . It came a time when all the houses were sold out because they had a server limit, prices skyrocketed . Then people started to move into the less populated servers and bought houses there. Like in real life, the prices were huge and only those who had tons of money could afford a small house ..if they found any. Let's hope that it's not the case here. 

Servers being full affected housing!? Hopefully they put enough housing in the game for their server size... However one solution would be to make instances of multiple houses.
  • Options
    Sirston said:
    Gothix said:

Servers being full affected housing!? Hopefully they put enough housing in the game for their server size... However one solution would be to make instances of multiple houses.
    Exactly . they had a certain number of in world houses and no instances. I don't know how thing are right now, because i left y
  • Options
    Sirston said:
    Gothix said:

Exactly . they had a certain number of in world houses and no instances. I don't know how thing are right now, because i left y
    Thats an easy fix for ashes just have instances
  • Options
    I bought it it for the sole purpose of riding up on someone and kill them and riding away on my teddy bear. Just for the luls.
  • Options
    Xombie said:
    I bought it it for the sole purpose of riding up on someone and kill them and riding away on my teddy bear. Just for the luls.
    Rofl just wait tell there is a giant trollface mount or something then you can do that and it will be easily a experience for luls
  • Options
    A few guys on roster even bought the swan boat for piracy, I couldn't do it, I hate it lol.
  • Options
    Well I mean could you imagine swimming away on a swan boat after ganking someone like thats just burying a hatchet even more
  • Options
    I'm happy with my Ship of the Damned 
  • Options
    Never heard of that one before
  • Options
    Necro cosmetic boat skin. Frigate, not a galleon.
  • Options
    Necro cosmetic boat skin. Frigate, not a galleon.
    Ah okay sounds nice
  • Options
    Hoping we see a menacing galleon sooner than later.
  • Options
    Hoping we see a flying boat soon ROFL
  • Options
    let's just add flying mounts all-together and ruin the game :smiley:

How about it guys? JUST DO IT!
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited March 2018
    What currently concerns me is a lack of follow-through.
    It's been almost a year and we still have not seen Part 3 and Part 4 of the 4-Part Nodes video series. It seems like that should be quite easy to complete.
    Apparently, the devs are distracted.

What we've seen so far is fairly typical combat. But, it's not the combat that will make Ashes of Creation an outstanding MMORPG.
    Creating a dynamic world that is constantly changing is the true foundation.
    The node system is the bedrock which will ensure a stable foundation.

And it's through the node system that we will cement community relationships.
  • Options
    let's just add flying mounts all-together and ruin the game :smiley:

Flying plushie teddy bear with wings? Q.Q
  • Options
    My biggest concern is that of a mostly solo player and how some nodes are going to work. I understand that large parts of the game will be group oriented, I just don't have any idea how most will work in relation to playing with other people. Some aspects of the game sound really important if they directly affect skills and abilities. 

For example, will different religions be controlled by guilds or will anyone be able to join any religion and work together to build them up? How are holy temple's built? What are the ramifications of temple's built on nodes that are controlled by a specific guild? How does the internal ranking work? (different priest ranks) If a temple can be attacked, what systems are in place to prevent favoritism for specific gods and not others?  

And just to be clear, I join guilds for endgame content such as raiding, dungeons, and WPvP, My concern is mostly for everything else that doesn't necessarily require a guild to participate.
  • Options
    Flying mounts YAY :) ROFL economy/inflation ^ x1000
  • Options
    Sathic said:
    My biggest concern is that of a mostly solo player and how some nodes are going to work. I understand that large parts of the game will be group oriented, I just don't have any idea how most will work in relation to playing with other people. Some aspects of the game sound really important if they directly affect skills and abilities. 

For example, will different religions be controlled by guilds or will anyone be able to join any religion and work together to build them up? How are holy temple's built? What are the ramifications of temple's built on nodes that are controlled by a specific guild? How does the internal ranking work? (different priest ranks) If a temple can be attacked, what systems are in place to prevent favoritism for specific gods and not others?  

And just to be clear, I join guilds for endgame content such as raiding, dungeons, and WPvP, My concern is mostly for everything else that doesn't necessarily require a guild to participate.
    good concern right here solo players
  • Options
    Solo dolo
  • Options
    Sathic said:

Personally I reckon the divine metropolis will probably have the biggest teeth of all.
    They will probably have a god at their back, and divine retribution against a whole enemy node will probably be quite devastating.

What makes me say this ? This game is basically an RTS, but its at the hands of every player rather than an individual. And so many of its RTS mechanics work along the lines of Caeser or similar RTS, that I would be surprised if it did not adopt similar design principles.

You could evolve to different stages of development, You had different tiers of players with different requirement as the node progresses. There was both military, ecomonic and religious threats. Gods had to be appeased to keep them on side and not devastate you. You started from just a single node and as you built more, your current welfare depended on the state you left the previous nodes in...as you had to trade with them to prosper.