Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

If You Could Get One Thing Added to AOC...

Comments

• Options
    SintuSintu Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would like to have dual wielding capable one handed crossbows. I really wanted dual flintlock pistols but would like the nice compromise of one handed crossbows.
    jnbED09.png?1
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    Ability for rogues to leave calling cards in player's inventory~ with a draw-able picture like in throne of lies!
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Sintu wrote: »
    I would like to have dual wielding capable one handed crossbows. I really wanted dual flintlock pistols but would like the nice compromise of one handed crossbows.

How would you fire that and reload it ? ehh magic I guess c:
  • Options
    CM KalezCM Kalez Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    No corruption.
    Kalez.png
  • Options
    Yeah I'd want a shapeshifting druid class. But I'd also want hybrid classes that can fit many roles (aka Paladin, Druid from WoW). I love being able to do Tanking and Healing, and maybe even some DPS now and then.

Summoners can shift their roles easily to fill gaps in a group's composition.
    source: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Summoner
    wasikovee
  • Options
    Simus wrote: »
    Lightsabers...

yay, Lightsabers.
    wasikovee
  • Options
    BCGBCG Member, Intrepid Pack
    The Tower of Salt Raid
  • Options
    The AoC development team gets to play on servers as demigods/extremely powerful beings wandering the land and dropping lore/special quests.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2019
    BCGiant wrote: »
    The Tower of Salt Raid

Tower of Salt raid?
    Do you mean an extremely salty raid, the main tower of the tower of london (Salt Tower) or is that an actual raid in a game somewhere?
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    ravudha wrote: »
    The AoC development team gets to play on servers as demigods/extremely powerful beings wandering the land and dropping lore/special quests.

I dont think they'd have the time to do that xD It would be nicer to kill them in game though.
  • Options
    BCGBCG Member, Intrepid Pack
    Damokles wrote: »
    The Tower of Salt Raid

Tower of Salt raid?
    Do you mean an extremely salty raid, the main tower of the tower of london (Salt Tower) or is that an actual raid in a game somewhere?

Raid concept i been working on a few years back never finished it XD
    6 Raid bosses. The first boss needs 4 raid groups to work together, 2nd is a more survival based boss and the final boss on top.
  • Options
    Add more momentum and a more realistic and satisfying hit feeling :smile:
  • Options
    Autumnleaf wrote: »

I dont think they'd have the time to do that xD It would be nicer to kill them in game though.

Players vs Dev Raid Bosses...hmmm....
  • Options
    AuronAuron Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Official GvG tournaments.
    Auronsyg.png
  • Options
    The Tower of Salt Raid

Tower of Salt raid?

Raid concept i been working on a few years back never finished it XD
    6 Raid bosses. The first boss needs 4 raid groups to work together, 2nd is a more survival based boss and the final boss on top.

With 4 raid groups, do you mean 4 groups of 5, or 4 whole raids?
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options

Players vs Dev Raid Bosses...hmmm....

Why elevate them to a boss ? just another max level mob on the list to kill.
  • Options
    Interacting with NPCs.

Situation:

NPC Caravan under attack by NPCs.. you can decide to help caravan or to help attackes, gaining rep with the fraction. that would be cool.

A system that was meant to be in EverQuest Next... :'(
  • Options
    WizardTimWizardTim Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

I actually suspect that the world boss spawn system is purposely being built for some human to take over and player the role of the boss.

From what I've heard, a world boss spawns after certain events occur. They chill out for "a time" before they make their move towards a node. I think that gives the DEV team time to get someone into the critters shoes to play the big bad for a bit...

At least I really hope so. World bosses that run on normal mob mechanics are really disappointingly boring.
  • Options
    poisonzpoisonz Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    Karthos wrote: »
    If You Could Get One Thing Added to AOC...

emote with 2 players shaking hands when a trade been completed

AhuZFn7.gif
  • Options
    cotukcotuk Member
    Meaningful Limitations To Power-Gaming. Probably it won't be implemented as it is really huge and hard thing to do, buuuut I will still explain what I mean.
    • As I login in game, I want to be actually limited in quantities of activities that I can perform in order to make my character stronger (At least starting from half-way though leveling).
    • If I will be limited to do e.g. 2 dungeons, 1000 profession experience and 5000 player experience. An this will be like 2 hour stuff to do. All extra time that I will have for game may go to the fun\social stuff.
    • Other way, as I do want to be in top 15% geared players, I will simply burnout by repetitive boring activities.
    • Also if ashes will have limitations like actual "not much to do" to get stronger I will be super cool too. But as I know, they have different tiers of equiment, enchantment, sockets, ability grind- it's just not going to be a thing.
    • Probably everyone will have google doc with all/new locations that have those "sweet resources, skills, drops" and people like me gonna run like crazy to those spots to get something.
    2a0jptg.png
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    CoTuK wrote: »
    Meaningful Limitations To Power-Gaming. Probably it won't be implemented as it is really huge and hard thing to do, buuuut I will still explain what I mean.
    • As I login in game, I want to be actually limited in quantities of activities that I can perform in order to make my character stronger (At least starting from half-way though leveling).
    • If I will be limited to do e.g. 2 dungeons, 1000 profession experience and 5000 player experience. An this will be like 2 hour stuff to do. All extra time that I will have for game may go to the fun\social stuff.
    • Other way, as I do want to be in top 15% geared players, I will simply burnout by repetitive boring activities.
    • Also if ashes will have limitations like actual "not much to do" to get stronger I will be super cool too. But as I know, they have different tiers of equiment, enchantment, sockets, ability grind- it's just not going to be a thing.
    • Probably everyone will have google doc with all/new locations that have those "sweet resources, skills, drops" and people like me gonna run like crazy to those spots to get something.

Like an FF14 Fatigue System?
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    LyiatLyiat Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Wait... am I reading this right? You actually want to put in arbitrary limits on how much content I can consume for the game per day? Like the Energy system in a mobile game? No, get out of here with that nonsense.

If I want to run ten dungeons in a day I should be able to. Maybe not the same dungeon 10 times, but I should be able to pick whatever type of content I want and play it when I want.I should be able to progress at my own pace, not at an arbitrary pace decided by someone else. This game will also have a monthly sub, as you seem to forget, so forcing me to spend additional money to progress at the pace you demand is also just.... absurd. I'm sorry, but that's a silly request.
  • Options

1. That sounds like a bad idea to be clear with you... You want to LIMIT the fun we can have in a game? A game that DEPENDS on these activities to keep its players?
    2. 2 Dungeons are not enough per day to sate my PvE demons! I vote for unlimited normal dungeons, with a timeout for a specific dungeon of 2h. 5000exp is nothing, that alone would kill the game tbh
    3. Why are you convonced, that you would have to do repetetive tasks to be high up on the top? I plan to be up there too with my flamboiant bardic looks and daredevil attitude, but I plan to do it with flaire and as many dungeons and raids as possible. World Events here i come!
    4. MMORPGs need the ability to always get stronger or to have SOMETHING to do, IS plans to do that with castle sieges and world events centred around nodes. We will never have a single moment of pause and I LOVE IT! I WANT ALL THE TRINKETS! ALL THE WEAPONS! ALL THE MOUNTS! And if i dont want PvE then I will just go and find me some PvP wild encounters somewhere.
    5. Yes, yes we will. Because if you plan to actually be anything remarcable as a artisan, then you need these kinds of things to min/max expenditures for researching new recepies.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    LyiatLyiat Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One

1. That sounds like a bad idea to be clear with you... You want to LIMIT the fun we can have in a game? A game that DEPENDS on these activities to keep its players?
    2. 2 Dungeons are not enough per day to sate my PvE demons! I vote for unlimited normal dungeons, with a timeout for a specific dungeon of 2h. 5000exp is nothing, that alone would kill the game tbh
    3. Why are you convonced, that you would have to do repetetive tasks to be high up on the top? I plan to be up there too with my flamboiant bardic looks and daredevil attitude, but I plan to do it with flaire and as many dungeons and raids as possible. World Events here i come!
    4. MMORPGs need the ability to always get stronger or to have SOMETHING to do, IS plans to do that with castle sieges and world events centred around nodes. We will never have a single moment of pause and I LOVE IT! I WANT ALL THE TRINKETS! ALL THE WEAPONS! ALL THE MOUNTS! And if i dont want PvE then I will just go and find me some PvP wild encounters somewhere.
    5. Yes, yes we will. Because if you plan to actually be anything remarcable as a artisan, then you need these kinds of things to min/max expenditures for researching new recepies.

I like you. I think we're going to get along just fine.
  • Options
    AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The posibility to become a god and estabilish your own domain, inside the domain you are nigh untouchable and a few players who become 'god characters' get a council where they can vote on things for ideas for the game with the devs in an in-gmae conference.

God characters get avatars that act as their character in the mortal world.

That would be fucking cool.

Oh and great lore of course, nothing beats great lore.

um, no.
    k2U15J3.png
  • Options
    arzosah wrote: »
    The posibility to become a god and estabilish your own domain, inside the domain you are nigh untouchable and a few players who become 'god characters' get a council where they can vote on things for ideas for the game with the devs in an in-gmae conference.

um, no.

You better be saying no to the god shit not lore :joy: honestly it was something that just crossed my mind and I just decided to write it down for fun c:
  • Options

Holy shit this sounds like a massive turn off c: The game should be fun without needing to put limits on how much content I can do per day. This would literally limit the amount of fun I can have :joy:
  • Options
    AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    arzosah wrote: »

um, no.

You better be saying no to the god shit not lore :joy: honestly it was something that just crossed my mind and I just decided to write it down for fun c:

of course it's to the god shit =P
    The last thing we need is you wandering around the world dropping meteors on people's heads.
    k2U15J3.png
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One

I can give you one reason why I hope this never, ever gets implemented. Company Greed. What you are suggesting is pretty much how all mobile games work, and of course the game devs take advantage of this by letting you pay real money to go past those limitations. I don't trust any gaming company to put in such a limitation system and NOT also put in micro-transactions to allow you to do more stuff after reaching the limit.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2019

I can give you one reason why I hope this never, ever gets implemented. Company Greed. What you are suggesting is pretty much how all mobile games work, and of course the game devs take advantage of this by letting you pay real money to go past those limitations. I don't trust any gaming company to put in such a limitation system and NOT also put in micro-transactions to allow you to do more stuff after reaching the limit.

The next thing would be that we can buy more time or a higher daylie exp limit in the shop. Like ArchAge....
    a6XEiIf.gif