Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

If You Could Get One Thing Added to AOC...

Comments

• Options
    zinniezinnie Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Mr.Stufferton needs his own statute.

I would ask Steven to place a Giant Mr.Stufferton statue somewhere in the game.
  • Options
    zonnedzonned Member
    Shiba Inu aka doge pet.
  • Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    jahlon wrote: »
    A launch date

Sheesh, I would settle for Alpha 1 date at this point in time it has been very very quiet the past couple of weeks.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    LOL I wouldn't mind an APOC date. ;)
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    IreriIreri Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Variation in quality of gathered crafting materials. If I pick this plant by the sea, maybe is has X potency. If I pick it by this mountain-fed spring, it has Y potency. If I pick the plant each time it grows in a certain area maybe the potency weakens over time before the resource will no longer grow. Potency for a given plant could vary by the season of the year if it is available at all. Plant B for healing potions is only found in the summer. For winter, a crafter would need to use Plant C and a different recipe.
    Variations in quality would require a crafter to plan out better what they are making. Do I save the best of Plant J until I have a high quality of Plant K in order to make a super good product? Or, do I use the good quality I have now and just hope I can find such high quality later?
    Also, vary the quality of the finished good. If I combine the same two ingredients with no variations in potency, maybe I make 6 of the same quality, one of sub-par quality, one of poor quality and two of better quality. The higher quality could be either saved for raiding or for selling. The prices for the items would be influenced by their quality which would incentivize folks to constantly be looking for new resource locations given resources will play out.

I enjoy crafting whenever my friends or family aren't online to run content together. These variations would make it more interesting each day so it isn't the same buy/make/sell or gather/make/sell from one day to the next.
  • Options
    Samiel AurousSamiel Aurous Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The one thing i would want added to the game would be a research and development system, the ability to create new items and have them approved by a team at intrepid to be introduced into the game.
  • Options
    CaelronCaelron Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited June 2019
    Oh, boy, not sure I could pick one (assuming the lore and gameplay are awesome, especially everything related to ships and sailing):

-A shipwright could potentially learn to make a ship like a super-tanker, with the ability to have a small floating city on it.
    -If a city-ship wasn't possible, at least the ability to put a shop on a ship and have mobile shops (I personally would want a mobile tavern.) Obviously, consequences if it gets sunk.

-Invisible weapon enchants

-Craftsmen would be able to augment stats to an extreme: Think a point-based system based on the quality of material and craftsmanship. If you were a master craftsman and created the perfect sword, you would have the ability to tune it's damage scale, critical hit chance, and any other number of abilities.

For example, just using weapon damage and critical hit chance: Let's say a level 100 weapon (picking an easy number, I don't expect levels to be that high) had an average of 100 damage per hit with a 50% critical hit chance. I would want the ability to drop the critical hit chance to boost the damage, or reduce the damage and increase the critical hit chance. So halving the critical hit chance might double the added damage, so you'd have a 25% critical hit with 150 damage. Or a 0% critical hit chance with 200 damage.

On top of that I would want range scales. Like, let's say a weapon would have an average of 100 damage. I would want to be able to mess with a slider based on averages. So let's say I could change the weapon to have between 50 to 150 damage, instead of a flat 100. Or 1 - 200 damage.

Imagine being able to tune every other stat based on a scale or point system! This could include health, mana, stamina, strength, dexterity, and other stats. Imagine a weapon that would reduce your health by 10,000 and boost it's mana pool by 10,000 instead (or 5,000 if magic power is more valuable). Or something more simple like reducing it's damage to boost another stat. Or a weapon that reduced your health by 1,000 and boosted the weapon damage to insane levels. Think about a weapon that reduced your health by 20,000, but your max health was only 10,000 - equipping it would kill you. I would want that possibility, too!

What's wrong with sacrificing stats for more damage? A rogue with a 100% critical hit chance weapon with a sneak attack that could basically 1-shot anybody... but if you sneeze in his general direction, he'd die. Or a mage with a seemingly unlimited magic pool and damage, but a stray arrow will kill him (glass cannon). Or a tank that basically had a feather duster for a weapon, but could survive a comet landing on him.

Obviously this is bad math, but you get the idea.
    I think it would only bolster the craftsmanship ideas in the game and create a more player-driven expertise (perhaps a hyper-specialization to increase a weapon's damage or critical hit, he/she needs to be a blade-smith that maxed out the sharpening abilities; or a staff-maker maxed out a necromantic tree to boost mana at the cost of health)
  • Options
    DirebluDireblu Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    No cash shop bling after release. All prestige/cosmetic/bling is earned/loot-dropped or crafted in-game.
  • Options
    vunak wrote: »
    Fully aim-based action combat, with well done animations for animation lock that makes sense. akin to TERA or BDO.

Non-Floaty combat. Circle strafe idiocy. Like ESO, GW2, Wildstar.

@vunak APOC has that. It is fully aim based. The question is if they can have that in the MMORPG.
    signature.png
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    kayra wrote: »
    Fully aim-based action combat, with well done animations for animation lock that makes sense. akin to TERA or BDO.

@vunak APOC has that. It is fully aim based. The question is if they can have that in the MMORPG.

They wont keep the APOC combat. Steven said that they aim for a mix of tabtargetting and action combat, but they are still unsure about the percentage.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    XspearoXspearo Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter
    edited June 2019
    damokles wrote: »
    kayra wrote: »

They wont keep the APOC combat. Steven said that they aim for a mix of tabtargetting and action combat, but they are still unsure about the percentage.

I didn't mind that APOC combat. I liked that you had to aim and controlled every swing, block, dodge/roll. I hope its not a combat system where you just spam abilities/skills and press a button and it auto jabb, jabb, jabb.
    Xspearo
  • Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I don't want it so actiony that my hands can't take it anymore from pushing buttons all the time.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    XspearoXspearo Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter
    edited June 2019
    elf wrote: »
    I don't want it so actiony that my hands can't take it anymore from pushing buttons all the time.

Well if you think of a tab target system your constantly spamming buttons and cycle buffs and abilities. There is no real immersion in that.

In the action/hybird system I imagine is like it was in APOC where you have to manage stam or magic so your not constantly attack, attack, attack.

But your are right I dont want a tekken style action combat but more of a dark souls where you have to manage and plan your attack, block, and dodge based on your stamina or magic.
    Xspearo
  • Options
    Kiryu_riyKiryu_riy Member, Leader of Men
    wolfwood82 wrote: »
    Either an underworld system (werewolves, vampires, other supernatural players that have to remain hidden or be hunted by all players everywhere), or an assassination system.

Frankly AoC has a lot of systems I had been plotting out for my dream MMO already in it. So I've given the following system a ton of thought.

Renown/Infamy. A system where a player creates a noble bloodline and essentially becomes a lord over a small type of guild called a house. That player and members of his house gain renown in addition to the experience they get for completing quests. The more renown they aquire, the more they can purchase with it. This leads to the house obtaining an estate and a even a village of their own.

Assassination would be the counter to this. A player wishing to be an assassin would attempt to kill the lord or any member of his family, and earn infamy by essentially stealing the house's renown. Infamy would be used to buy items in a sort of black market, as well as be a badge of honor.

Bounty Hunters would then be able to track down assassins and kill them to convert that infamy into simple gold. They could potentially be hired by the house wronged by the assassin and get double the gold while returning some renown back to the house (blood for blood style). If a member of the house does the work themselves, more renown is recovered.

I think thay said that there will be bounty hunters for corrupted players
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    A lightning skin similar to the Fire and Ice ones.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    leeboy261 wrote: »
    A lightning skin similar to the Fire and Ice ones.

That's a really good idea actually. I like it.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    Procedurally generated dungeons of various sizes and difficulties which you can access trough randomly spawning space distortions all around the game world.
    Loot would consist of not only enemy drops but also hidden treasures, gold, gems, various crafting resources like raw minerals, unique items or even quests leading to unique or even legendary rewards.
    Dungeons wouldn't have a typical structure of enemies, e.g. mobs, boss, mobs, boss, mobs.... end boss. Instead, enemies would be distributed in a more erratic way to throw the player off their game meaning sometimes you would teleport to the dungeon and you would be attacked by a boss right away or you would be thrown into an acrobatic puzzle of deadly traps and enemies planning an ambush. Sometimes you may enter a seemingly boring maze of tunnels but there are hidden rare crafting materials and other types of interesting treasures which may or not be guarded by deadly traps or even curses.
    The point is you don't know what is waiting for you on the other side of the space distortion and whether you look for crafting materials, gear or unique and special items every time you find space distortion there is a feeling of thrilling adventure and unknown.
    Ao-C-Forum-Sig-by-JINX.png
  • Options
    Crafting based on minigames which require training and skill to perform well to obtain a good quality crafted product. For example, when you forge a blade for a sword you need to control temperature and time while at the same time work metal in a proper way so you won't get a warped, soft or brittle blade which will lower the effectiveness of end product.
    Ao-C-Forum-Sig-by-JINX.png
  • Options
    CaerylCaeryl Member
    I also give my vote to complex crafting mini games. I’d love to put time into learning technique in the game
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    i’d love to be able to shape-shift into different creatures and or npc. That would be great opportunities for fun, role play and fun. lol

one example: An assassin could shape-shift and possibly infiltrate the enemy team or pose as a mob to escape a player attacking.

I’m a big fan of mystique from X-men :)

WoW has a ways to shape-shift but they’re limited from what I understand. I stopped playing WoW and other MMORPG because they lack creativity but that’s just me.
  • Options
    Also it would be super cool if some classes recite spells so the player can hear as the caster is doing the animation. in some cases where the class has to group up to with other class they all chant while performing the spell!

I’ve never heard any classes on other games say spells out loud. I love when witches do it in cartoons and tv shows and i think it’s totally amazing! :)
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Also it would be super cool if some classes recite spells so the player can hear as the caster is doing the animation. in some cases where the class has to group up to with other class they all chant while performing the spell!

I’ve never heard any classes on other games say spells out loud. I love when witches do it in cartoons and tv shows and i think it’s totally amazing! :)

Like "Fus Ro Dah"?
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    karthos wrote: »

Like "Fus Ro Dah"?

hahah i just searched “Fus Ro Dah” on youtube because I didn’t know what or who that was. hahaha He makes a sound with his mouth while casting his lightning ability. It was funny to watch and seems very popular.

I was thinking something like that but with audible words haha.

side note: I downloaded ESO for the first time last week but stop playing because the guards kept attacking and killing me. I didn’t know I had killed an npc citizen. I thought It was someone I was suppose to kill because I could attack him. :( also other things turned me away from the game lol
  • Options
    vorch21vorch21 Member
    edited July 2019
    + At least 1 basic class with dark/blood magic (mb warlock/dark templar-reaver etc.)
    + Friar/monk class (adaptive, agile,ascetic fighter extr. trained mentally/phisically, who prefers to use a light armor/clothes and "simple" or exotic weapon).
    + Class with illusion magic school
    + druid (animorphing, treant/animal summoning, buffs-debuffs+some healing spells etc.)
    + Trauma/curse system (not typical debuffs - req. healers/ "pray in cheurch"/ scroll with divine spell or even performing certain ritual etc.)
    + World, cross-class knowledge system - skills from books, manuscripts, collections, some teachers-masters, trials/achievements etc.
    + Proper "reaction" from gods/npc and npc organizations(cults, guilds, tribal clans etc.) on player actions
    Sorry, it' not "one thing".
  • Options
    LexLex Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'd want a @karthos to be added, since no MMORPG is complete without one.
    fe85sq6n7wyu.png
  • Options
    When you kill someone you, for a moment, get to see their spirit rise from their corpse...
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    edited July 2019
    Cartography as a craft, where exploration and observation literally defines our understanding of the world.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    XombieXombie Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Fully fleshed our piracy mechanics
  • Options
    beardobeardo Member, Intrepid Pack
    anime women!
  • Options
    Persistent bodies during combat, that is once a creature is killed in combat they do not de-spawn from the combat zone until some time after the combat has ended.

First, like the terrain in the wilderness, such as bodies of water, rocks, and large branches or the objects in a populated areas such as barrels, crates, and buildings, they become an obstacle to the on-going combat. I find a near-immediate de-spawn breaks the immersion for many MMOs; because, as soon as the creature is dead - even if the a body is still displayed - the character can walk right through it like it is a ghost.

The second immersion breaker is when the body goes poof and disappears during combat. Yes, the bodies eventually do have to de-spawn, but I think this should be postponed until some time after the combat has ended.